The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:58 PM
HRH Princess Sonya's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
Andrew, as well as being Duke of York is also the Earl of Inverness and Baron Killyleagh. I suppose if his second wife wanted to avoid being Duchess of York, she could elect to be (say) The Countesss of Inverness, rather in the same way that Camilla chose to be called The Duchess of Cornwall to avoid [admitedly for different reasons] association with Diana, Princess of Wales.

This is only pure speculation on my part; at the end of the day who knows how things will turn out: Sarah might find love with an incredibly wealthy european aristocrat, marry him and take his style and title, which might even 'free up' [I use the term in the entirely non-technical sense] the associations with the 'Duchess of York' Style.

If he had been a generation or so younger, the wealthy Prince Alfonso of Hohenlohe-Langenburg would have done a treat for Sarah! An astute businessman, he was the founder of the jet-set Marbella Club, a favourite haunt of the rich and famous from the world of motorsport and indeed from the world of polo!! He was divorced from his first wife, who then............oh dear, this will not do, his wife claimed that the $1m settlement she received was not enough.......in other words, here we go again! Forgive me, I am just being a bit naughty and having a bit of fun.....

Alex
Okay thanks for clearing that up for me. Being an American royal titles is not something we have to deal with and I can truly say I don't know much about. All americans know all living former US Presidents are still referred to as Presidents oh wait though all dead Presidents are still referred to as President opps sorry I left that off. You sometimes hear them called former President or for example the 41st President. I was just wondering if by virture of marrying Andrew if his new wife has has no choice but to take the female version of his title he is pretty much known as HRH Price Andrew Duke of York. I knew he had a couple of other titles but don't think I have seen him called by the other titles. Oh by the way I didn't think you were being naughty there is nothing wrong with having a little fun.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 643
Of course, everything I am saying is speculation, but since we have 'The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall', I can see no difficulty in principle with 'The Duke of York [we don't say Prince Andrew The Duke of York by the way] and (say) The Countess of Inverness.

As for American titles: I have come across American 'Honorables', which somewhat threw me! And although they are not of course American Titles, I have come across numerous American Ladies in New York all bearing titles of their foreign husbands - far more almost than in London!

Alex
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 06-21-2011, 09:40 PM
HRH Princess Sonya's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
Of course, everything I am saying is speculation, but since we have 'The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall', I can see no difficulty in principle with 'The Duke of York [we don't say Prince Andrew The Duke of York by the way] and (say) The Countess of Inverness.

As for American titles: I have come across American 'Honorables', which somewhat threw me! And although they are not of course American Titles, I have come across numerous American Ladies in New York all bearing titles of their foreign husbands - far more almost than in London!

Alex
I have heard that term American Honorables before so I get a few points on that one. I am ready for the bonus round.....LOL!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,601
Alex, I'm going to be even naughtier than you. If I married Andrew, I would want to be known as THE Duchess of York! Now I'll let everyone back to the topic.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
If he threw her out she could always go live with Beatrice she has an apartment at St James the Queen gave her.
The Queen might have a fit by then, to have Sarah finally out of one of the family's properties and slipping into another? Though the chances of Andrew throwing her out are ridiculously miniscule. The man hasn't got it in him to cross Sarah, even if he wants her out, because that brings his daughters into it. If anything, he's waiting for Charles to do the deed for him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,375
Please note that posts regarding the future weddings of Beatrice and/or Eugenie have been moved to Future York weddings .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 PM
HRH Princess Sonya's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
IF Andrew did get remarried what would Sarah call herself then? There can't be two Duchess's of York and how would they stop Sarah from using the title? It would take some woman to take him on with her around and that could be why he is still single. Beatrice and Eugenie need to think ahead as well there boyfriends will soon get sick of mum sponging of them! I thought she had a house and was waiting for it to be decorated at least that was the excuse! The show isn't going to help her because I don't believe she really thinks she needs help. She just wants sympathy and money without doing any real hardwork. Which she has managed doing for most of her life anyway. I think she is very greedy and that was what got her in debt in the first place. Wanting to live a royal lifestyle that most of the royals don't live themselves. Maybe she bought the hat hoping to go to Zara's wedding but I don't see her being invited to anything royal again unless it is her daughters wedding and that will be interesting.

Okay I am just gonna tell the truth and will more than likely get a private message that I was too harsh.If I took him on two things he has to have 1.Kahunas & 2. a backbone which he seems have neither of the two. For the sake of argument lets just say he purchased both on Ebay and actualy used them the bottom line is this. It goes without saying Sarah would have to go. Other than one the girls weddings or when one of them go into labor or if someone passes in the family she has no need contact him and is not welcome to that would have to be made crystal clear. The girls are grown women and old enough to have kids of ther own. I agree with you that their husbands may get tired of her sponging off her daughters which can cause strife in their marriages. Whatever she is getting off this fame go round she needs to make it last and learn to live off it on her own.....Just my thoughts
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 788
I would agree. The argument that Andrew will not do anything because of the girls is one that might have worked 10 or so years ago but they are adults and they should not be intervening in their parents lives any more than their parents should intervene in theirs. Having read here that Beatrice's boyfriend offered to help Sarah out financially is really too much, as you say this will get old after awhile so it's time for everyone to grow up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 06-23-2011, 04:30 AM
RubyPrincess168's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sun Prairie, United States
Posts: 1,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Having read here that Beatrice's boyfriend offered to help Sarah out financially is really too much, as you say this will get old after awhile so it's time for everyone to grow up.
I'm sorry, but the first thing I think when I read that is it has ulterior motive written all over it!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I'm sorry, but the first thing I think when I read that is it has ulterior motive written all over it!!!
I don't think we know in which situation the offer was made. Could have well been that Dave (who has a well paid job with Richard Branson and comes from a rich family) encountered Beatrice while she was very, very unhappy about the news of her mother's Cash for Access sting and upcoming bankruptcy, so he sponatneously offered his help to help Beatrice feel better. Like: Darling, be quiet, let's sort the whole mess out and if need be you know you can count on me, even financially. Beatrice told that Sarah but not as a real offer but just a nice gesture by Dave (something like: And even Dave wanted to help you financially but of course I said: no way!) and then Sarah blabbed about it in public because she is always do keen to tell that she is fully supported by her family in everything she does...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 06-23-2011, 11:01 AM
HRH Princess Sonya's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
After 20 some years it seems like my computer and I have made good friends. It knows me and knows what I'm looking for. Looking for something else entirely, this somehow came to my attention and I thought it should be passed on. Everyone seems to be jumpin on the Sarah bandwagon these days it seems. Too bad they don't talk to each other eh?

Sarah Ferguson: 'I wish Prince Andew and I never got divorced' | Mail Online

ETA: this answers my question of the coverage of Finding Sarah in the UK press. Its the Daily Mail but....

I had to chuckle a little bit when I finished reading this article. One of the comments posted pretty much said that Andrew looks better thinner. If he lost a weight he would have women running after him. Personally I never thought he had any trouble getting women.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 06-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,000
Kahunas?

On a serious note, I think that Sarah is emotionally fragile, and has been for a long time.
We have two people somewhat like her in our extended family, and we tend to forgive and excuse their behaviour, even if it is outrageous or hurtful, because we have said and done everything we can think of. So we continue to enable them because we have found we are unable to do otherwise.
We wish they were different, we wish we could do something constructive to help them, but they aren't, and we can't. So we just protect them and love them as best we can. Some cases are just hopeless.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I'm sorry, but the first thing I think when I read that is it has ulterior motive written all over it!!!
Sorry, maybe I'm just slow but what kind of ulterior would this young man have? I'm sure if he wants to marry Beatrice he wouldn't have to buy his way in, if that's what you meant.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 06-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,273
Agreed. Perhaps the "enabling" is an attempt to prevent her from going over the edge entirely.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
On a serious note, I think that Sarah is emotionally fragile, and has been for a long time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM
HRH Princess Sonya's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Agreed. Perhaps the "enabling" is an attempt to prevent her from going over the edge entirely.

I know it would be a hard choice for them to make. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't quietly putting her in a inpatient treatment center be a better option for her rather than enabling her as all 3 of them have. That way she can work on whatever she needs to work on. Her children can still feel like they are helping her and not turning their back on their mother. Maybe these girls can have a chance at happy life themselves with always being on guard worrying about what their mother will do next. That is a huge burden to have to carry when they are at the age where their adult lives as women are just beginning. I realize that it be hard keep it quiet if she went somewhere in UK so maybe down under where her sister lives I think. I am not saying she is crazy or anything like that but it is apparent this may be a bigger job than her family can handle by themselves.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
I know it would be a hard choice for them to make. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't quietly putting her in a inpatient treatment center be a better option for her rather than enabling her as all 3 of them have. That way she can work on whatever she needs to work on. Her children can still feel like they are helping her and not turning their back on their mother. Maybe these girls can have a chance at happy life themselves with always being on guard worrying about what their mother will do next. That is a huge burden to have to carry when they are at the age where their adult lives as women are just beginning. I realize that it be hard keep it quiet if she went somewhere in UK so maybe down under where her sister lives I think. I am not saying she is crazy or anything like that but it is apparent this may be a bigger job than her family can handle by themselves.
There have been many good suggestions made that could possibly be a beneficial solution for Sarah but we have to remember one thing and that is no one is going to be able to get Sarah to do what she doesn't want to do. I would imagine right now at this point in time as "Finding Sarah" is now being aired, that any suggestion of private help would be like offering to Sarah a hamburger after she's had filet mignon. She's had the "best" in the profession most likely in her own eyes. Perhaps it may even be to the girls' advantage to seek help for themselves on how to deal best with their mother in some of the situations that she finds herself in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 06-23-2011, 06:49 PM
NotAPretender's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WPB FL/Muttontown NY, United States
Posts: 853
Old joke: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Answer: Just one. But the lightbulb really has to want to change.

Same thing with Sarah. She has to want to change....and she's got it pretty easy now, so why should she want to? All she has to do is embarass herself and act helpless, and she never has to worry about shelter, food, clothing, restaurant tabs, Louis Vuitton luggage, vacations, champagne, liquore, air travel, or handbags. Still all in her hands.

Viewed another way, looking like a complete XXXX is her form of payment for all that she gets.

Of course the people that she stiffs can't pay their own bills with her good luck in scoring the niceties of life, but I frankly haven't seen her express so much as a shred of remorse or dismay about their predicament. Just about her own sad life.
__________________
"Me, your Highness? On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells"
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There have been many good suggestions made that could possibly be a beneficial solution for Sarah but we have to remember one thing and that is no one is going to be able to get Sarah to do what she doesn't want to do. I would imagine right now at this point in time as "Finding Sarah" is now being aired, that any suggestion of private help would be like offering to Sarah a hamburger after she's had filet mignon. She's had the "best" in the profession most likely in her own eyes. Perhaps it may even be to the girls' advantage to seek help for themselves on how to deal best with their mother in some of the situations that she finds herself in.
Agreed. The best solution would be for Sarah to receive private professional help. But that's not likely. I like your suggestion of the girls receiving help in dealing with this. I would also include Andrew in that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 06-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
I know it would be a hard choice for them to make. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't quietly putting her in a inpatient treatment center be a better option for her rather than enabling her as all 3 of them have.
Thakfully, we cannot incarcerate people in psychiatric units because their personalities are different from our own. An odious little man in Germany tried that and some still suffer as a result. However, I believe you are entirely correct in your suggestion that the whole family needs to learn how to deal with the situation, how to support without enabling. The only way to bring about change in another person's behaviour is by changing our own.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 06-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa View Post
Thakfully, we cannot incarcerate people in psychiatric units because their personalities are different from our own. An odious little man in Germany tried that and some still suffer as a result. However, I believe you are entirely correct in your suggestion that the whole family needs to learn how to deal with the situation, how to support without enabling. The only way to bring about change in another person's behaviour is by changing our own.
You honestly brought up Hitler? Last time I checked being gay, Jewish, Gypsy or mentally retarded, among other things, weren't personality traits.

As for Sarah, NotAPretender's got it best, why would she accept any help when she's not gonna deal with the consequences of her actions? Her life continues to be better than anything she could create herself and no one's willing to stop her so she's not going to believe there's an issue.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Noor: Magazines, Articles, Interviews, Speeches & TV appearances Jacqueline Royal House of Jordan 198 09-18-2013 08:26 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]