Sarah Staying at Prince Andrew's Home (Royal Lodge, Windsor): February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the first time she has lived in his home since the marriage break-up.

Stellad

Damn it Sarah, she's got enough money. Now its time for her to get her own home.

Damn it Sarah, she's got enough money. Now its time for her to get her own home.
She's got her own home, she is moving back with him only for the time of the repair in her house after the fire.

I don't see the issue with temporarily staying with her ex, who also happens to be an outsatnding friend.

I'm sure they'll both enjoy it...:)

I see no problem with them living together temporarily. Its not about the money as I seem to remember it being calculated that she's worth more than Andrew. I just see it as 2 people who are friends as well as exes, something to be admired IMO.

I see no problem with them living together temporarily. Its not about the money as I seem to remember it being calculated that she's worth more than Andrew. I just see it as 2 people who are friends as well as exes, something to be admired IMO.

Ditto!
I didn't know why was worth more than Andrew.

Sarah's worth more than Andrew??? How did I miss this one? I just read that she got a pretty paltry divorce settlement--but that she can earn up to 2.5 million a year.

As for living back with Andrew--not surprised. They have a good relationship. Besides, he's going to be in the US for a time anyway.

I would much rather be on such great terms with my ex that I could move back into his house while mine was be repaired, than to be on such bad terms you can not even speak. I have a friend that ex will not even speak to her even if it is about the their young child. Great for Sarah and Andrew for given their children such a better life. It better than seeing your parents do nothing but fight (like another couple in the BRF - that will not be named here)

I would much rather be on such great terms with my ex that I could move back into his house while mine was be repaired, than to be on such bad terms you can not even speak. I have a friend that ex will not even speak to her even if it is about the their young child. Great for Sarah and Andrew for given their children such a better life. It better than seeing your parents do nothing but fight (like another couple in the BRF - that will not be named here)

So true--good post, msleiman. And, BTW, LOVING the avatar.

I too, think it's wonderful that they have a close relationship. I don't see anything wrong with Fergie moving into Andrew's home while her's is being repaired. I actually think it's a lovely gesture on Andrew's part and I'm sure that the girls appreciate it as well.

I see no problem with the arrangement, either. They set a fine example for separating partners: just because your marriage doesn't work out, for whatever reason, doesn't mean you have to be mean to each other and can't still be good friends.

I see no problem with the arrangement, either. They set a fine example for separating partners: just because your marriage doesn't work out, for whatever reason, doesn't mean you have to be mean to each other and can't still be good friends.

Just because you're good friends doesn't mean you have to move in to your ex-husbands house while your home is being repaired.

Does she not have family that can put her up; with her money can't she just call up her real estate broker and say she needs something temporary? My parents did and they had a lot less money than Sarah.

People lose their homes all the time; they just don't move back with their exes when it happens.

I'm sorry; its just too strange for words.

People lose their homes all the time; they just don't move back with their exes when it happens.

Maybe they're a lot more than just "exes". :)

Sarah's worth more than Andrew??? How did I miss this one? I just read that she got a pretty paltry divorce settlement--but that she can earn up to 2.5 million a year.

As for living back with Andrew--not surprised. They have a good relationship. Besides, he's going to be in the US for a time anyway.

She's got the Weight Watcher gig and her book deals so she's not hurting for cash. It's nice they can turn to each other when one of them needs something like a place to crash.

Just because you're good friends doesn't mean you have to move in to your ex-husbands house while your home is being repaired.

Does she not have family that can put her up; with her money can't she just call up her real estate broker and say she needs something temporary? My parents did and they had a lot less money than Sarah.

She's doing it because she CAN. And because he's letting her. I am wondering if it isn't because of guilt over the selling of the house for such a large sum?? :confused:

She's doing it because she CAN. And because he's letting her. I am wondering if it isn't because of guilt over the selling of the house for such a large sum?? :confused:

I think it's because "hey...I'll be out of the country for the next couple of weeks, why don't you stay here?" type of thing. Nothing wrong with it.

Isn't Andrew away for two weeks in the US at the moment? So they don't really live together, she sleeps in his home, which is just round the corner as long as her own house is being repaired. She is close by, so can oversee the workmen while having a close look at Beatrice during the time her father is away.

I agree with you, what ever happened to the independent woman? All she has to do is rent somewhere close, instead of sponging off her ex!

Weird!

From when Andrew moved into the Royal Lodge, Sarah has had a suite of rooms there. Although she has her own homes in the UK, first a rented cottage near Windsor and now the house she owns, they were not considered secure for her daughters to stay there overnight. Beatrice and Eugenie live at the Royal Lodge, if Sarah wants to be with them then she stays at the Royal Lodge too. ( Information from Majesty magazine article about Sarah)

When on her own Sarah has her own house in the UK and an apartment in New York that she rents, since she spents 2 to 3 weeks a month in the US, she wouldn't spend all that much time at staying at her ex's.

I find it strange too. The fact that the media is aware that she is staying at Andrews keeps the cost of Andrew and the girls to the taxpayers on the media's front burner. The "freeloading" Fergie label doesn't die either.

It totally doesn't surprise me that Sarah is moving back in with Andrew, because in a lot of ways I don't think she ever really moved out. She has a suite of rooms at Royal Lodge, plus Dolphin House (the place of the fire) is apparently just walking distance from Royal Lodge.

Isn't Andrew away for two weeks in the US at the moment? So they don't really live together, she sleeps in his home, which is just round the corner as long as her own house is being repaired. She is close by, so can oversee the workmen while having a close look at Beatrice during the time her father is away.

That's a good point. Actually, if Andrew is gone to the US for two weeks and Sarah spends 2-3 weeks in the US, it sounds like they'd be more likely to see each other there than at Andrew's home in England.

I agree with you, what ever happened to the independent woman? All she has to do is rent somewhere close, instead of sponging off her ex!

Weird!

Skydragon, am I the only one who feels that these two are still an item, but without the problems and duties of a Royal position for her and with the freedom to date (and else) whoever they like? Plus she can cash on her Royal connections and make money for the next generation while he adds the right Royal background for their girls. Sounds like a perfect arrangement to me!:flowers:

I just don't understand the sharp words and hostility over this situation, as if Andrew is a dupe that is being used by a hussy with a gun to his head. They are still close and enjoy a good relationship. This isn't some kind of scandal. Andrew can have whomever he pleases stay in his own house, whatever the reason.

I just don't understand the sharp words and hostility over this situation, as if Andrew is a dupe that is being used by a hussy with a gun to his head. They are still close and enjoy a good relationship. This isn't some kind of scandal. Andrew can have whomever he pleases stay in his own house, whatever the reason.

kimebear, IMO the reaction isn't so much about the fact that they are friends or that she's using a room there for a while. To me, it's mostly irritation about the way the press presents it with their silly misleading headlines. Though, I suppose "Andrew lets Sarah stay in a spare room while her house is repaired" doesn't have quite the same draw.:ermm:

Agreed. The bland truth rarely sells the same number of papers. :bang:

I concur.

Sarah seems incredibly co-dependent, in my opinion. Yes, I understand she has struck out on her own, made her own money, but she is hardly on her own two feet. If she were she wouldn't have accepted to stay with her Ex. Surely there is another home she could rent whilst her home is being repaired. Or is she really that broke that she cannot afford to rent/let a cottage for several months? Why cannot she stay at a Motel 6 or something? Why does she always run back to Andrew when things go awry?

Skydragon, am I the only one who feels that these two are still an item, but without the problems and duties of a Royal position for her and with the freedom to date (and else) whoever they like? Plus she can cash on her Royal connections and make money for the next generation while he adds the right Royal background for their girls. Sounds like a perfect arrangement to me!

No, you're not. I don't believe these two ever got over each other. In fact, I have a feeling they are having fun every now and then. Sarah and Andrew should get back together, remarry, and be done with it.

Last edited:
No, you're not. I don't believe these two ever got over each other. In fact, I have a feeling they are having fun every now and then. Sarah and Andrew should get back together, remarry, and be done with it.

Could be when Charles is king and Camilla his queen. I doubt both want to have to look the queen and the duke into the eye over christmas morning breakfast... :D

:lol: Heavens, I would love to be a fly on the wall if should ever happen.

I never understood why Sarah keeps leeching off Andrew? She has her own money to take care of herself why stay with him? Are homes that limited in her area that she has to live with him? Why can't she live in a barn on her property while her house is being repaired? Pitch a tent on your front lawn, or something, Sarah... rough it for a few days if you consider yourself so independant.

Ugh, I don't know what to say anymore.:rolleyes:

Leeching is a very harsh term to use here. I would gladly offer my (rather large and mostly empty) home to a friend for a couple of weeks while they were having work done on theirs. I wouldn't consider them leeching off of me in the least, regardless of their financial picture. Sometimes you just want the jolly fun that goes with having guests. I own a number of apartments in the city I live in and have on many occasions offered a place to stay for friends from time to time for numerous reasons. Is that how you would view your friends? Before the advent of rapid transit it was genteel and lovely to have friends and relations come to stay in your home for a month or two at a time. How sad that we have strayed so far from such polite society.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom