Sarah Staying at Prince Andrew's Home (Royal Lodge, Windsor): February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, I would like to see Andrew and Sarah remarry too, but Sarah seems so well-suited to being an American businesswoman and so badly suited to being royal. And I think she's well aware of that and that's no small part of the reason why they don't remarry.

As for why Sarah and Andrew's relationship is unhealthy, which I agree with, I'd say it's not so much because it's "same old same old", but because the "same old" isn't the fullest relationship anyone would wish for someone. It seems like Andrew and Sarah have a non-romantic but committed relationship with each other and romantic/sexual but non-committed relationships with other people. I don't know that this is the best of both worlds; I think the best of both worlds would be having both in one person. But as long as Andrew and Sarah refuse to move fowards, they're avoiding figuring out how to develop a committed romantic relationship with someone new, and as long as they refuse to get back together, they're avoiding figuring out what went wrong in their own marriage.

As for why Sarah and Andrew's relationship is unhealthy, which I agree with, I'd say it's not so much because it's "same old same old", but because the "same old" isn't the fullest relationship anyone would wish for someone. It seems like Andrew and Sarah have a non-romantic but committed relationship with each other and romantic/sexual but non-committed relationships with other people. I don't know that this is the best of both worlds; I think the best of both worlds would be having both in one person. But as long as Andrew and Sarah refuse to move fowards, they're avoiding figuring out how to develop a committed romantic relationship with someone new, and as long as they refuse to get back together, they're avoiding figuring out what went wrong in their own marriage.

But maybe they're both happy with the way things are and don't want to move forward. Might not be ideal, but if it works for them, I don't see a problem.

Call me late but I never knew Fergie had her own place. I knew they lived together even after the divorce and assumed that was still the case.:ermm:

Evidently I have been living under a rock!

But as long as Andrew and Sarah refuse to move fowards, they're avoiding figuring out how to develop a committed romantic relationship with someone new, and as long as they refuse to get back together, they're avoiding figuring out what went wrong in their own marriage.
progress.gif

Yes, that's what I meant. Having each other like this means they can avoid making clearcut decisions of what they want to do with their lives and how they want to share it.

I mean everything is so wishy-washy with them. His place, her place, their place. Are they romantic, just friends, what about being royal because as much as Sarah couldn't fit into the Royal lifestyle, Andrew is very much a royal with the royal pursestrings and responsibilities attached. So that a big part of his identity and his life that she cannot share in.

So many halfway situations, so many incompletes with them.

But who says its incomplete for them?

From where we stand..may be...but they seem to be happy with the situation...and let's face it...we don't know all the facts. What we do know is this...the genuinely care for each other....might even call each other "best friends"....no one know Sarah like Andrew and no one knows Andrew like Sarah. They have a great relationship with their children...none of the bickering and the problems of not being able to have your divorced parents in the same room cause the tension is thick with past grievances. They do date others...but so far nothing serious...maybe neither one wants to get married again? I mean...I think its fairily healthy...its not like they are dating clones of each other.

I don't like her as Royalty either. I knew from the beginning that she was going to be a disaster as a Royal princess. But I felt then and I still feel that she and Andrew were ideally suited to one another by temperament, tastes, humor, etc.
She uses her past connection to the Royal family, milks it for all it's worth and enjoys the perks. He enjoys the perks and uses his connections because he feels it is his due as a member of the Royal Family - match made in heaven. :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly! I do like them as a couple, however I wish they would tone it down just a bit. Sarah is still often erroneously referred to as Royalty, especially here in the US, and she does nothing to correct the notion. And most Americans haven't a clue about royal protocol so they don't realize that since she is no longer a member of the royal family she is no longer "Royalty".

Still, if her staying at the Royal Lodge at Windsor is okay with Andrew and their daughters, why should anyone else care? And it's not like Andrew has been there a whole lot lately anyway.

By the way, are the repairs at Dolphin House complete? It's been several weeks since the fire. Though, if the contractors in England are like those in the US, what was supposed to take three weeks to do could very well take three months or more!:rolleyes:

Cat

Sarah said in a 1996 interview with The Ladies Home Journal in the U.S. that she was "territorial" when it came to Andrew and dating others. Neither one of them is able to move on effectively - either as singles or pursuing other partners because they have an unhealthy emotionally enmeshed relationship.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN':
"In every interview she has given Sarah sounds pained for the grief that she caused the Queen, whom she respects a lot. But she also sounds relieved as hell to be away from that situation with their stupid "grey men" and their vicious Fleet Street editors."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, and Sarah says this again and again and again and again. It's enough already! It's been 16 years! Sarah is caught in a time warp. 16 years later she is still apologizing. It's both a way to keep herself in the public eye as a de facto member of the RF and continuing to assuage her guilt and remorse, which appears to be limitless. The fact is that she is marginalized and frankly, not that important to the RF. When she moves back in with Andrew, or shamelessly promotes her daughters, she reminds them that she is still around and not likely to go away in the near future.

Sarah said in a 1996 interview with The Ladies Home Journal in the U.S. that she was "territorial" when it came to Andrew and dating others. Neither one of them is able to move on effectively - either as singles or pursuing other partners because they have an unhealthy emotionally enmeshed relationship.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN':
"In every interview she has given Sarah sounds pained for the grief that she caused the Queen, whom she respects a lot. But she also sounds relieved as hell to be away from that situation with their stupid "grey men" and their vicious Fleet Street editors."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, and Sarah says this again and again and again and again. It's enough already! It's been 16 years! Sarah is caught in a time warp. 16 years later she is still apologizing. It's both a way to keep herself in the public eye as a de facto member of the RF and continuing to assuage her guilt and remorse, which appears to be limitless. The fact is that she is marginalized and frankly, not that important to the RF. When she moves back in with Andrew, or shamelessly promotes her daughters, she reminds them that she is still around and not likely to go away in the near future.

How does she "shamelessly promote her daughters?" And in all fairness she only speaks about HM the Queen when asked about her. She doesn't do a mea culpa in each interview, only when asked about her past. What should she say...that they should get over it and buzz off and leave her alone? Of course not.

I think some people might be annoyed with her because she has earned a lot of $$ in her post Royal life. Well, she had to. She was in debt and the settlement she received was paltry, frankly. I don't like some of the choices she used to make money...I cringe at the Weight Watchers thing, but hey a girls gotta live. And there is no way I would have spent the rest of my life in genteel poverty just because I had a failed marriage with one of the Queen's sons and was afraid that someone would take advatage of my name and position by hiring me. To hell with that. She did what she had to do.

It seems that Sarah and Andrew have a good relationship.

obviously not like my ex

I see no problem with the arrangement, either. They set a fine example for separating partners: just because your marriage doesn't work out, for whatever reason, doesn't mean you have to be mean to each other and can't still be good friends.

I do see examples of ex-es ending up still being friends but after my crash and burn do not understand it.
I'd rather live in the 9th circle of hell from Dante's Inferno than share any space with my ex! I can totally relate to the poster who threw the prosthetic out the window--brava!

Bella, you are a better woman than I to have still been on good terms with your ex on the way out of the courthouse.:flowers:

On the good side, haven't Andrew and Sarah shared a home before (after the divorce)?
Of course I'd move in with Andrew given a chance :lol:

Last edited:
I'd rather live in the 9th circle of hell from Dante's Inferno than share any space with my ex! I can totally relate to the poster who threw the prosthetic out the window--brava!
That would be me! I can give you lessons if you ex has a prosthetic! :D

I know everybody has said what a great relationship this all is, blah, blah, blah, but I still don't think it's healthy. And it's still THEIR cross to bear. . .

:whistling:And why not? Makes me think that Andrew is a super person and that Sarah has been successful in raising a united loving family. I wish that there had not been a divorce, maybe a son also. That would have been nice.

Why not?
Because this is/was a stupid idea and Andrew should never have let her move in.
Now he will always feel sorry for her and let her stay.
She is no longer part of the royal family, so she should go out and get on with her life, instead of trying to move into the past again.

Why not?
Because this is/was a stupid idea and Andrew should never have let her move in.
Now he will always feel sorry for her and let her stay.
She is no longer part of the royal family, so she should go out and get on with her life, instead of trying to move into the past again.

Has she ever really left Andrew's family though? Ever since the divorce Andrew and the girls have regularly holidayed with her. For a number of years she spent Christmas at Wood Farm at Sandringham so that she could be with her daughters on Christmas Day - the reports were that after lunch the Queen would even visit her along with Andrew and the girls who would then stay there for the afternoon and evening. She has continued to share his life and the parenting of their daughters. Any other couple doing the sorts of things that they do together would qualify as a de facto couple with all the attendent legal protections that entails.

Theres a difference between spending her christmas' and holidays with Bea and Eugenie, I have no complaints about that.
But being so intertwined with the royal family is, IMO, not on.

However as they have never really separated except on paper it is obviously the way they want to spend their lives and if Andrew and the girls want her to be in their lives that means that she is also intertwined with the royals as Andrew and their daughters are royal - she can't be separated from the royals family and she and Andrew simply haven't truly separated as they have continued to share a home and a life.

If Andrew were to tell her to leave now she could very easily go to court and make a claim for a new settlement based on their living together for a large part of the last 14 years since their divorce.

I actually see their relationship as - courtship, marriage, children, separation, divorce, living together. Many relationships take the following course, courtship, living together, marriage children, separate, divorce. I simply see them doing the living together part of the relationship in a different place to the more normal development relationships undergo these days.

We obviously disagree on the nature of their present relationship - I see them as a de facto couple and happy together at that. I don't see that changing but rather continuing to consolidate in the years ahead even to the remarriage at a later stage of their lives. You seem to think that she should be cast adrift and seem to overlook the fact that they do seem to still love each other in a mature sort of way (as couples do who have been together for over 20 years).

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly think she should be cast adrift, and I also certainly don't think they are in love with each other anymore.
Andrew "takes care" of his third child, because of Bea and Eugenie that is it.

Funny, after the divorce, I have never seen Sarah in Royal Ascot (just waving from the side lines) or other Royal functions that she would be entwined with the BRF. I could be wrong however. . .

Funny, after the divorce, I have never seen Sarah in Royal Ascot (just waving from the side lines) or other Royal functions that she would be entwined with the BRF. I could be wrong however. . .

If your referring to my comments about being intertwined with the royals.
That's no so much as to what I meant, just the fact that she basically still thinks and sort of has the royal family as a "safety net" and she shouldn't think like that.

:previous:No, I was referring to Bertie's post in 167 where she never really left the BRF. I see her as more as an outsider looking into the window. . .

:previous:No, I was referring to Bertie's post in 167 where she never really left the BRF. I see her as more as an outsider looking into the window. . .

One wanting to be back on the inside. :ermm:

I don't really see anything wrong with it. Even though their marriage is over it doesn't mean they should avoid social contact or avoid each other and besides it's just temporarily.

Temporary?
She's lived their for two years, i don't call that temporary. I bet she plans on living their for the rest of her life.
And no one said anything about avoiding social contact, but living together, after how many years of divorce? To me is wrong, her children don't live at home anymore.

One wanting to be back on the inside. :ermm:
Desperately.

And copy what Lumut said, Sarah is incredibly lucky to have Andrew on her side. However, Russo wonders if there isn't some resentment there. Lord knows I would be.

Resentment? On whose side?
Now that you question it, I could suppose on both sides: Sarah's for not being royal and Andrews for always having to bail her sorry arse out of trouble.
Origionally I thought of Andrew. If there is none, he's a bigger person than I, however, we ALL already knew that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom