Sarah Staying at Prince Andrew's Home (Royal Lodge, Windsor): February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And pounding on the glass with both fists, screaming for someone to open the door.

George IV's coronation with Caroline of Brunswick beating down the doors of the Abbey just sprung to mind. I don't think Sarah's THAT bad. :D

Has she ever really left Andrew's family though?

they have never really separated except on paper

It's obvious the girl needs some guidance now. Ironic since she left because she didn't want to follow all the palace rules. Her chosen path never seems to work out and always leads her back to Andrew. Open your eyes Honey to what the Universe is trying to tell you!

Ironic since she left because she didn't want to follow all the palace rules. Her chosen path never seems to work out and always leads her back to Andrew. Open your eyes Honey to what the Universe is trying to tell you!

So true. :flowers:

Bertie is a romantic. Let her have her dreams. The world would be so much more boring without romantics in it. ;) Russo, however, is more logical and believes that the reason why PA is helping out so much is to minimize the damage that Sarah has done to the BRF. And if that means letting her bunk at his place, taking over her finances, etc. then so be it. However! Sarah has proven, time and time again that she cannot function within the BRF or without it. It will only be a matter of time before Andrew's patience wears thin, IMO.

Actually, I don't think you have to be a romantic to come to the conclusion that Andrew is helping Sarah out for reasons that go beyond just damage control. Sarah has been staying at Royal Lodge for the past 2 1/2 years, so while I agree that his helping her out right now could be an attempt to keep her in line, I don't think that was why he let her live there back in 2008.

I don't know why Andrew always goes to such lengths to support Sarah. It does seem that in this particular case he had no good option but to take over her finances and give her a place to stay. But on the other hand, the only reason he was expected to do this is because he's set a precedent for it. If Andrew had cut all ties with Sarah apart from their children from the first day of their divorce, no one would be expecting him to take charge of her finances now or give her a place to live.

It seems to me that Andrew has always gone beyond what would be expected of an ex-husband in terms of supporting Sarah. Even releasing a statement that he's very supportive of her is not necessary--not even in terms of damage control.

It makes sense to me, that Andrew always lent her a place as he knew better than the rest of us (except fergalicious) exactly the state of Sarah's finances are/were.

Actually, I don't think he did. The media asked him last year about the bankruptcy rumours surrounding Sarah, and he said something to the effect of, "if you go into the full facts" she didn't have financial problems, and the headlines could be "scurrilous."

It wouldn't surprise me if no one close to Sarah knew how bad her finances were, because Sarah was in complete denial about it. I do think that Andrew gave Sarah a place to live because she couldn't afford her own place, but since that was 2 1/2 years ago, it doesn't look like getting Sarah back on track financially and out of his house was a really pressing concern for Andrew. To me, he seems totally fine with her living there indefinitely. It's a strange set-up, but it is the way Andrew and Sarah have been living for most of their divorce--living together "temporarily" for one reason or another (first their children, then Sarah's house fire, then her finances). Except it's not temporary, it's been going on for the better part of 14 years.

I think Sarah & Andrew are just friends with Benefits, that's why he keeps her around!

Bertie is a romantic. Let her have her dreams. The world would be so much more boring without romantics in it. ;) Russo, however, is more logical and believes that the reason why PA is helping out so much is to minimize the damage that Sarah has done to the BRF. And if that means letting her bunk at his place, taking over her finances, etc. then so be it. However! Sarah has proven, time and time again that she cannot function within the BRF or without it. It will only be a matter of time before Andrew's patience wears thin, IMO.

Poor Prince Andrew. He sure got tied to the proverbial 'ball and chain' when he married her.

Last edited:
Actually, I don't think he did. The media asked him last year about the bankruptcy rumours surrounding Sarah, and he said something to the effect of, "if you go into the full facts" she didn't have financial problems, and the headlines could be "scurrilous."

I think he spinning if not flat out lying there. I doubt that Andrew would not have had some kind info into Sarah's finances. Anything that affects her affects the girls, on top of that being as close as they are I doubt she'd be able to hide the issue for long even if they weren't under the same roof.

If he was spinning then he was hoping she would pull herself out, she was quite close when the deal for the books seemed a cert. If he was lying it was for good reason, tell the truth and all hell breaks out as the media pokes and prods for any details. It wouldn't have been a betrayal but it's a back breaker when your greatest supporter acknowledges your issues when you're desperately claiming there's no problem.

Hello everyone - Wow! It is now May 2011 and guess what? Sarah is still living with Andrew! Is is love? or a neurotic, sad woman who could not build another life after her husband divorced her. And what about Prince Andrew! He never remarried and where is a new, hot girlfriend. I don't see her. So for whatever reason, Andrew and Sarah have decided to stick to each other. Will they remarry? I don't think so. Andrew will never go against Mummy's wishes.. At this late date where they have both lost their youth and are now middle aged, I can't see either one of them marrying other people. Interesting to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think that Andrew gave Sarah a place to live because she couldn't afford her own place, but since that was 2 1/2 years ago, it doesn't look like getting Sarah back on track financially and out of his house was a really pressing concern for Andrew. To me, he seems totally fine with her living there indefinitely.

True, but he really needs to distance himself.
If not for his own sake, then for the sake of his family.
She will only drag him down with her.

(She's already come very close).
He may have weathered the recent storm, but what about next time?
Sooner or later he'll run out of second chances.
He needs to get her out of his house at least. (And it would be better for him to get her out of his life entirely).

True, but he really needs to distance himself.
If not for his own sake, then for the sake of his family.
She will only drag him down with her.

(She's already come very close).
He may have weathered the recent storm, but what about next time?
Sooner or later he'll run out of second chances.
He needs to get her out of his house at least. (And it would be better for him to get her out of his life entirely).

Cutting Sarah out of his life might keep him out of the papers, but would it make him any happier? I really don't think so. Whatever we may think of her Sarah has been the one constant in his life for 25 years now, and their history runs deep. How do you replace that kind of presence in your life?
It can't be all bad with Sarah, they must still have some happy and enjoyable times as a family. Sorry for disagreeing with you a bit on this Mirabel.

Cutting Sarah out of his life might keep him out of the papers, but would it make him any happier? I really don't think so. Whatever we may think of her Sarah has been the one constant in his life for 25 years now, and their history runs deep. How do you replace that kind of presence in your life?
It can't be all bad with Sarah, they must still have some happy and enjoyable times as a family. Sorry for disagreeing with you a bit on this Mirabel.

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me, that's not a problem.:flowers:
It has been said of Andrew in the past that he is the kind of man who could forgive his wife anything, and I believe he will continue to support her.

It's just that I think he'd be better off if he didn't.
But he will do what he wants, and he seems to want to allow her to remain a part of his life.

Hello--I am new here. I have been reading through this thread and think perhaps its all about not choosing who you love. Despite whatever has happened maybe Andrew still loves Sarah--not necessarily in love mind you--and just plain cares about her.

Will they remarry? I don't think so. Andrew will never go against Mummy's wishes.
Hardly. Prince Andrew won't go against his father Prince Philip's wishes. Don't forget, HM is the Queen of the country however in family matters Prince Philip wears the pants.

Hello--I am new here. I have been reading through this thread and think perhaps its all about not choosing who you love. Despite whatever has happened maybe Andrew still loves Sarah--not necessarily in love mind you--and just plain cares about her.
Of course he cares about Sarah. The unfortunate thing is that Sarah is pushing it in a passive agressive way. However, you cannot take advantage of the willing.

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me, that's not a problem.:flowers:
It has been said of Andrew in the past that he is the kind of man who could forgive his wife anything, and I believe he will continue to support her.

It's just that I think he'd be better off if he didn't.
But he will do what he wants, and he seems to want to allow her to remain a part of his life.

I fully respect your opinions Mirabel. I think there is still a few more interesting chapters to be written in their story yet, I just hope they both get a happy ending one way or the other.

However, you cannot take advantage of the willing.

Russo, has anyone ever told you that there is a book in you??;)
How about "The world according to Russo"? or "Russo's rules for a happy life"? or "Life, Love and Happiness with Russo"?

Russo, has anyone ever told you that there is a book in you??;)
How about "The world according to Russo"? or "Russo's rules for a happy life"? or "Life, Love and Happiness with Russo"?
Good God perish the thought! Russo doesn't write. Besides, who would read it? Russo just enjoys a good gossip and fortunately, or unfortunately, the Yorks are providing good fodder for Russo's appetite!

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

I agree. Sarah and Andrew might still be together if they weren't BRF members.

Russophile, really interesting to see you use "passive aggressive. I felt more inclined to go down the histrionic personality route. Would love to hear your views on it. By the way, I feel certain that ther's a book out there just yearning for Russo to write it.

I believe HRH the Duke of York LOVES his daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie very much. I think he knows that they would be very, very unhappy if their mother was unhappy and poor, in fact, I think her daughters would intervene and that is something that Andrew will not allow to happen. I feel rather certain that Her Majesty has provided financially for both those young Princesses and they have access to at least a fair amount of capital at their disposal.

Not to mention, of course Andrew loves Fergie, he has for a very long time, as she has him.

I do recall that Fergie said on her last Oprah appearance that she has asked her daughters if they would like for her and their Dad to get remarried, both replied "heavens no, why spoil a good thing." I find that very telling as well.

Well, if they were to remarry Sarah would have to shut her mouth. And she would no longer be able to have public therapy sessions and I don't think she would like that at all.

I believe HRH the Duke of York LOVES his daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie very much. I think he knows that they would be very, very unhappy if their mother was unhappy and poor, in fact, I think her daughters would intervene and that is something that Andrew will not allow to happen.

We don't know at all what these two girls think of their mother. I'm not sure if they are even old enough and have enough experiences to be able to form their own opinion about Sarah without being influenced by their conditioning through her in their childhood. But on imagining how their life as little girls with that kind of love and attention seeking mother was, I am pretty astonished that they have managed to find a kind of own life at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom