Sarah Staying at Prince Andrew's Home (Royal Lodge, Windsor): February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth do you know that? :whistling:

Like Bundtrock, I believe that Sarah and Andrew do love each other and have done for a long time. And whilst we can't know what's happening in their heads, there's plenty of evidence for that viewpoint.

Sarah has talked frequently (and I think often quite movingly) about her love for Andrew - for example in her autobiography "My Story" and the book "What I Know Now", as well as lots of interviews, where she's praised his personal qualities and made it clear how close their relationship is in spite of their divorce.

As for Andrew, we don't have so much to go on in words, but his actions speak for themselves - letting her live at Royal Lodge, sticking by her after the cash for access story (when no one else wanted to give her the time of day) and arranging for her debts to paid, including using plenty of his own money. He's been a steadfast, loyal friend to her, especially at some of the toughest times of her life.

So I really believe that they do love each other, maybe not anymore in a husband-wife way, but certainly at a very deep level of friendship, and I think they always will!

I do recall that Fergie said on her last Oprah appearance that she has asked her daughters if they would like for her and their Dad to get remarried, both replied "heavens no, why spoil a good thing." I find that very telling as well.

Thank god the girls do not only think of their mother but of their paternal family and this family's position in life! Seems they have an idea of what granny, granddad and uncle Charlie think of a potential remarriage. I guess they will avoid being the ones responsible for the opening of that can of worms....Sensible girls!

Like Bundtrock, I believe that Sarah and Andrew do love each other and have done for a long time. And whilst we can't know what's happening in their heads, there's plenty of evidence for that viewpoint.

Sarah has talked frequently (and I think often quite movingly) about her love for Andrew - for example in her autobiography "My Story" and the book "What I Know Now", as well as lots of interviews, where she's praised his personal qualities and made it clear how close their relationship is in spite of their divorce.

As for Andrew, we don't have so much to go on in words, but his actions speak for themselves - letting her live at Royal Lodge, sticking by her after the cash for access story (when no one else wanted to give her the time of day) and arranging for her debts to paid, including using plenty of his own money. He's been a steadfast, loyal friend to her, especially at some of the toughest times of her life.

So I really believe that they do love each other, maybe not anymore in a husband-wife way, but certainly at a very deep level of friendship, and I think they always will!

So what you are really saying is that in your opinion they are still friends.

So what you are really saying is that in your opinion they are still friends.

Not exactly. I mean, you often hear of a divorced couple being "still friends", but for me Sarah and Andrew's relations seem deeper than that. Maybe if circumstances were different, they'd remarry, but I wouldn't feel confident in speculating whether that is the case. Perhaps their feelings have moved on from that.
But in either case, what I'm trying to say is that their "friendship" or "relationship" or whatever you'd call it seems to be a really close, special one. I think there's a bond between them them that will always be there. Just my view, but that's how it seems to me.

Russophile, really interesting to see you use "passive aggressive. I felt more inclined to go down the histrionic personality route. Would love to hear your views on it. By the way, I feel certain that ther's a book out there just yearning for Russo to write it.
Uh, yeah, Yvonne is still waiting for Russo's article on Queen Marie of Romania and it's been about 3 years. . . .

I think Andrew feels sorry for Sarah and gives her a place to stay. I wonder what's going to happen with those living arrangements now that the book is going to come out?

Uh, yeah, Yvonne is still waiting for Russo's article on Queen Marie of Romania and it's been about 3 years. . . .

I think Andrew feels sorry for Sarah and gives her a place to stay. I wonder what's going to happen with those living arrangements now that the book is going to come out?

Well Russo my girl I think you know my answer to your question. Hopefully he will man up and say " Darling you have book royalties & money from your reality show so it's overtime to check out of the lodge". LOL!!

Well...it could be that he actually loves her??? It wouldn't be the first time in history, that former spouses rekindled their love.

At the time of their divorce the press was horrid towards her and that is bound to have an effect on a relationship. And yes I know that she has not exactely been the poster child for discretion, but he certainly seems to have forgiven her.

At least she knows where everything is to make him a cup of tea :ROFLMAO:

I agree. Sarah and Andrew might still be together if they weren't BRF members.

I doubt she would have married him if he were not a member of the BRF. You dont go from being girlfriend of a billionaire in a Swiss ski lodge to the wife of an ordinary naval Lieutenant living in married quarters in Portsmouth.

At the time of their divorce the press was horrid towards her and that is bound to have an effect on a relationship.

At least she knows where everything is to make him a cup of tea :ROFLMAO:

Well Sarah gave the press lots to work with. The pics of her and the girls with Steve Wyatt and then the infamous toe sucking pics with her financial adviser didn't exactly portray Sarah as the injured party in the Yorks marriage.

It is still hard to work up a lot of sympathy towards her today. Lots of people are married to service men and women on active duty all over the world, with far less resources than Sarah had available back then, but they don't necessarily embark on affairs with 3rd parties while their spouses are away on duty. Really, what did she think a naval officer did when she got married? Did she really expect he would be home every night, that he wouldn't be expected to serve at sea?

Well Russo my girl I think you know my answer to your question. Hopefully he will man up and say " Darling you have book royalties & money from your reality show so it's overtime to check out of the lodge". LOL!!

Yes, and then change the locks.

I doubt she would have married him if he were not a member of the BRF. You dont go from being girlfriend of a billionaire in a Swiss ski lodge to the wife of an ordinary naval Lieutenant living in married quarters in Portsmouth.

We can look at it as doutbful that any of the royal spouses, past or present, would have ended up w the husbands/wives they did had those husbands/wives not been royal. I mean really, does anyone think Pss Diana would have given Charles the time of day if he were an ordinary farmer? And would career-woman Sophie bothered with Edward if he weren't the son of the monarch? I've even wondered if the dashing Prince Philip would have even glanced at Pss Elizabeth if she weren't the heir to the throne. And it's not to say these people don't truly love their spouses now, but would they even have been in the running were it not for the royal blood? I have no doubt there is genuine love between Wm and Kate, but would he have been that interesting as just Wm Wales? Would she have hung on that long for a ring? Maybe. Maybe not.
And it's not just royalty. Think of all the rich and famous. Would they the glamorous spouses they have if they worked in a bank or in a shop or as a lab technician? Really?

We can look at it as doutbful that any of the royal spouses, past or present, would have ended up w the husbands/wives they did had those husbands/wives not been royal. I mean really, does anyone think Pss Diana would have given Charles the time of day if he were an ordinary farmer? And would career-woman Sophie bothered with Edward if he weren't the son of the monarch? I've even wondered if the dashing Prince Philip would have even glanced at Pss Elizabeth if she weren't the heir to the throne. And it's not to say these people don't truly love their spouses now, but would they even have been in the running were it not for the royal blood? I have no doubt there is genuine love between Wm and Kate, but would he have been that interesting as just Wm Wales? Would she have hung on that long for a ring? Maybe. Maybe not.
And it's not just royalty. Think of all the rich and famous. Would they the glamorous spouses they have if they worked in a bank or in a shop or as a lab technician? Really?

I get your point but what I meant was that IMO Sarah was looking to grasp the golden ring. Paddy McNally didnt offer up a wedding ring so Sarah moved off. Her family were on the fringe of the Royal family friends, she knew Andrew as a child, so a proposal wasnt too odd. Lt Andrew Windsor, RN, however was not a man she was likely to meet or to think of as husband material. Just not enough money or social standing.

Lets get back on topic.

Please I am not excusing the infidelity at all. Huge mistake there. But as I recall, the media was nasty towards her before that. And with her hubby away and not much support from the RF, that could prove to be too much for her.

I am certain that she knew very well, that he had to serve

Well Sarah gave the press lots to work with. The pics of her and the girls with Steve Wyatt and then the infamous toe sucking pics with her financial adviser didn't exactly portray Sarah as the injured party in the Yorks marriage.

It is still hard to work up a lot of sympathy towards her today. Lots of people are married to service men and women on active duty all over the world, with far less resources than Sarah had available back then, but they don't necessarily embark on affairs with 3rd parties while their spouses are away on duty. Really, what did she think a naval officer did when she got married? Did she really expect he would be home every night, that he wouldn't be expected to serve at sea?

Seriously folks....please be civil and polite when discussing Sarah and Andrew. So no name calling or making snarky remarks.

Those will be deleted without notice.

When Charles takes the throne, I'm wondering how this will affect Andrew and Sarah?
The Queen has never forced the issue, but will Charles allow her to remain at Royal Lodge, or will he insist she move out?

He will basically control the purse strings, although I suppose Andrew will be well-provided for in the Queen's will.

Still, Andrew won't want a rift with his brother, will he?

When Charles takes the throne, I'm wondering how this will affect Andrew and Sarah?
The Queen has never forced the issue, but will Charles allow her to remain at Royal Lodge, or will he insist she move out?

He will basically control the purse strings, although I suppose Andrew will be well-provided for in the Queen's will.

Still, Andrew won't want a rift with his brother, will he?

I don't see Prince Charles as a mean spirited man. I think Charles will leave Prince Andrew's personal family business entirely up to Prince Andrew

I agree to an extent.

At one point, Charles stated that Camilla was non negotiable and everyone let it be. Since Charles is now happily married to Camilla, I can't imagine that he wouldn't want his brother to happy. Before the latest scandal, I could have seen Sarah as Andrew's companion....and Charles fine with that (and her living at Royal Lodge). Now...I am not so sure.

That being said...if Sarah remains low key (and we know how that rolls).....he might be okay with it. But if she continues to bring negative press.....who knows. Royal Lodge is a grace and favor property at the grace of the Monarch.

Royal Lodge is a grace and favor property at the grace of the Monarch.
Oh, I thought it was Andrew's through The Queen Mum. Thanks for the clairification, Zonk! :flowers:

Not a problem.

The late Queen Mother had a long association with The Royal Lodge. There is reference to it being given to the Yorks (later King George VI and Queen Elizabeth) by King George V in The Reluctant King. There was also a reference because of a Wallis Simpson association (i.e. discussing potential changes to the garden..... many thought she was trying to show that she and not the Yorks had the power in regards what could be done to the place THEY called home) when Edward VIII became King.

So really, when Charles becomes King he does have the potential to say...she can't live there...but I don't think he will.

Last edited:
The thing is, once Beatrice and Eugenie are married what would be the point of Andrew continuing to live in a property that large? IF he should move, where would it be and would it be appropriate for Sarah to follow along? There is "some", though little, justification for her living there at this point with the girls still around but later not so much. Interesting question. I always rather felt that Andrew and Sarah might remarry after QEII was gone but after the latest fiascoes (which seem to continue in one form or another), I'm not so sure.

I don't know if the size of the family matters.

Technically, wasn't it just the Queen Mother who lived in Clarence House...and yet she also had the Birkhall and The Royal Lodge.

I can't imagine Charles becoming King and saying something along the lines.....Mum is deceased...Beatrice and Eugenie are grown...can you move out now so I can let William and Catherine and/or Harry and whomever live there.

The thing is, once Beatrice and Eugenie are married what would be the point of Andrew continuing to live in a property that large? IF he should move, where would it be and would it be appropriate for Sarah to follow along? There is "some", though little, justification for her living there at this point with the girls still around but later not so much. Interesting question. I always rather felt that Andrew and Sarah might remarry after QEII was gone but after the latest fiascoes (which seem to continue in one form or another), I'm not so sure.

It wouldn't be appropriate, it'd be sad in a manner I could not begin to describe if she followed him around but if given the chance do we really think she wouldn't do it? As for Charles' decision, his life with Camilla is his life, considering how much Sarah is disliked I don't think he'd continue to let her live on the family's dime. If Andrew wants to spend his inheritance on her that's one thing but the BRF will close that line of credit sooner than later.

The thing is, once Beatrice and Eugenie are married what would be the point of Andrew continuing to live in a property that large? IF he should move, where would it be and would it be appropriate for Sarah to follow along?

I don't think that Andrew has any plans for moving. He spent a lot of his own money to build a nine-hole golfcourse on the property.

I don't think that Andrew has any plans for moving. He spent a lot of his own money to build a nine-hole golfcourse on the property.

If big bro says get out, he's getting out. Might be something for William or Harry in the future.

It wouldn't be appropriate, it'd be sad in a manner I could not begin to describe if she followed him around but if given the chance do we really think she wouldn't do it? As for Charles' decision, his life with Camilla is his life, considering how much Sarah is disliked I don't think he'd continue to let her live on the family's dime. If Andrew wants to spend his inheritance on her that's one thing but the BRF will close that line of credit sooner than later.
Sarah is no where near as disliked as Camilla has been historically, yet Charles managed to marry her and still cling to being the heir. Not to mention that Camilla was living on the dime for several years between her divorce from APB and the second marriage, and she was neither the ex-wife of a prince nor the mother of 2 princesses. Why would Charles not have sympathy for his brother's situation? It would be incredibly hypocrytical not to.

are there any photos of the property where the Yorks are living?

Sarah is no where near as disliked as Camilla has been historically, yet Charles managed to marry her and still cling to being the heir. Not to mention that Camilla was living on the dime for several years between her divorce from APB and the second marriage, and she was neither the ex-wife of a prince nor the mother of 2 princesses. Why would Charles not have sympathy for his brother's situation? It would be incredibly hypocrytical not to.

Camilla's historical standing means nothing. Charles was the one who created that situation, yes he wasn't allowed to be with her but he was the one who strayed from his marriage. Camilla went about keeping her head down for long enough that people eventually allowed her into the fold.

If Sarah could accept that she isn't anyone special and just towed the damn line I think she would've been fine but she doesn't know how step away from the spotlight and Andrew is an enabler.

We're talking about human motions here. Charles doesn't have to compare and contrast. What he feels about Sarah is what he feels and if he wants to break his brother's b---- over it then he will.

Being family doesn't change anything. It doesn't seem to bother Andrew much how massive a problem Sarah has been for the firm so why should Charles be any different when he becomes King?

I, believe, Andrew loves her and she him. What they do to overcome the mess, who knows. They may always live on the fringes of one another. Also sad. As for Charles being a hypocrite, he is. He, financially, kept a mistress for many years, with lavish gifts, etc. There is plenty of money for what they want, if they like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom