The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

obviously not like my ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I see no problem with the arrangement, either. They set a fine example for separating partners: just because your marriage doesn't work out, for whatever reason, doesn't mean you have to be mean to each other and can't still be good friends.
I do see examples of ex-es ending up still being friends but after my crash and burn do not understand it.
I'd rather live in the 9th circle of hell from Dante's Inferno than share any space with my ex! I can totally relate to the poster who threw the prosthetic out the window--brava!

Bella, you are a better woman than I to have still been on good terms with your ex on the way out of the courthouse.

On the good side, haven't Andrew and Sarah shared a home before (after the divorce)?
Of course I'd move in with Andrew given a chance

Old 03-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

cut and paste job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz View Post
What do you think? Is this a photo or is this a photomontage?

Fergie flyttar in hos prins Andrew - Svensk Damtidning
Check out her left sleeve--too sharp of a line not to have been Photoshopped

Old 03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picmajik View Post
Check out her left sleeve--too sharp of a line not to have been Photoshopped
IIRC we already discussed this pic and as someone pointed out, the light's not right, so it's photoshopped.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picmajik View Post
I'd rather live in the 9th circle of hell from Dante's Inferno than share any space with my ex! I can totally relate to the poster who threw the prosthetic out the window--brava!
That would be me! I can give you lessons if you ex has a prosthetic!

I know everybody has said what a great relationship this all is, blah, blah, blah, but I still don't think it's healthy. And it's still THEIR cross to bear. . .
Old 07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Courtier

And why not? Makes me think that Andrew is a super person and that Sarah has been successful in raising a united loving family. I wish that there had not been a divorce, maybe a son also. That would have been nice.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why not?
Because this is/was a stupid idea and Andrew should never have let her move in.
Now he will always feel sorry for her and let her stay.
She is no longer part of the royal family, so she should go out and get on with her life, instead of trying to move into the past again.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why not?
Because this is/was a stupid idea and Andrew should never have let her move in.
Now he will always feel sorry for her and let her stay.
She is no longer part of the royal family, so she should go out and get on with her life, instead of trying to move into the past again.

Has she ever really left Andrew's family though? Ever since the divorce Andrew and the girls have regularly holidayed with her. For a number of years she spent Christmas at Wood Farm at Sandringham so that she could be with her daughters on Christmas Day - the reports were that after lunch the Queen would even visit her along with Andrew and the girls who would then stay there for the afternoon and evening. She has continued to share his life and the parenting of their daughters. Any other couple doing the sorts of things that they do together would qualify as a de facto couple with all the attendent legal protections that entails.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Theres a difference between spending her christmas' and holidays with Bea and Eugenie, I have no complaints about that.
But being so intertwined with the royal family is, IMO, not on.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Majesty

However as they have never really separated except on paper it is obviously the way they want to spend their lives and if Andrew and the girls want her to be in their lives that means that she is also intertwined with the royals as Andrew and their daughters are royal - she can't be separated from the royals family and she and Andrew simply haven't truly separated as they have continued to share a home and a life.

If Andrew were to tell her to leave now she could very easily go to court and make a claim for a new settlement based on their living together for a large part of the last 14 years since their divorce.

I actually see their relationship as - courtship, marriage, children, separation, divorce, living together. Many relationships take the following course, courtship, living together, marriage children, separate, divorce. I simply see them doing the living together part of the relationship in a different place to the more normal development relationships undergo these days.

We obviously disagree on the nature of their present relationship - I see them as a de facto couple and happy together at that. I don't see that changing but rather continuing to consolidate in the years ahead even to the remarriage at a later stage of their lives. You seem to think that she should be cast adrift and seem to overlook the fact that they do seem to still love each other in a mature sort of way (as couples do who have been together for over 20 years).
Old 07-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I certainly think she should be cast adrift, and I also certainly don't think they are in love with each other anymore.
Andrew "takes care" of his third child, because of Bea and Eugenie that is it.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Funny, after the divorce, I have never seen Sarah in Royal Ascot (just waving from the side lines) or other Royal functions that she would be entwined with the BRF. I could be wrong however. . .
Old 07-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Funny, after the divorce, I have never seen Sarah in Royal Ascot (just waving from the side lines) or other Royal functions that she would be entwined with the BRF. I could be wrong however. . .
If your referring to my comments about being intertwined with the royals.
That's no so much as to what I meant, just the fact that she basically still thinks and sort of has the royal family as a "safety net" and she shouldn't think like that.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

No, I was referring to Bertie's post in 167 where she never really left the BRF. I see her as more as an outsider looking into the window. . .
Old 07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
No, I was referring to Bertie's post in 167 where she never really left the BRF. I see her as more as an outsider looking into the window. . .
One wanting to be back on the inside.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Commoner

I don't really see anything wrong with it. Even though their marriage is over it doesn't mean they should avoid social contact or avoid each other and besides it's just temporarily.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Temporary?
She's lived their for two years, i don't call that temporary. I bet she plans on living their for the rest of her life.
And no one said anything about avoiding social contact, but living together, after how many years of divorce? To me is wrong, her children don't live at home anymore.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Desperately.

And copy what Lumut said, Sarah is incredibly lucky to have Andrew on her side. However, Russo wonders if there isn't some resentment there. Lord knows I would be.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Resentment? On whose side?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Resentment? On whose side?
Now that you question it, I could suppose on both sides: Sarah's for not being royal and Andrews for always having to bail her sorry arse out of trouble.
Origionally I thought of Andrew. If there is none, he's a bigger person than I, however, we ALL already knew that!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
And pounding on the glass with both fists, screaming for someone to open the door.

Tags
duke of york, fergie, living arrangements, prince andrew, royal lodge, sarah duchess of york, windsor