Sarah Staying at Prince Andrew's Home (Royal Lodge, Windsor): February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she never learned that there are some things that you just DONT say?? :confused:

Well . . . I know alot is common sense, but there were things she shouldn't have done being a member of the RF. I think another issue around this time was also that she accepted alot of gifts and "freebies" hence the nickname. But how would you know you shouldn't take everything given to you? I think she could have seriously benefited from some royal training.

I must be the only one who remembers reading about Sarah in a plane drunk with a bag over her head and her father making apologies that she was under a lot of stress. I think it was a flight from Florida to England. There were also reports of her bad behavior at house parties where she would fling butter off knives in different directions during dinner. I often wondered if her uncouth ways just got the best of her once she became a royal.

Last edited:
Was that coming home from the trip to the US during which she knighted a dog during a private dinner party? I remember the plane story.

I must be the only one who remembers reading about Sarah in a plane drunk with a bag over her head and her father making apologies that she was under a lot of stress. I think it was a flight from Florida to England. There were also reports of her bad behavior at house parties where she would fling butter off knives in different directions during dinner. I often wondered if her uncouth ways just got the best of her once she became a royal.

Was that coming home from the trip to the US during which she knighted a dog during a private dinner party? I remember the plane story.
OMG ~ I forgot about that. I remember the dog story! How embarassing. I also remember reading HM was not amused.

The dog was probably confused as well. I don't suppose that anything quite like that had happened to him/her before.;)

OMG ~ I forgot about that. I remember the dog story! How embarassing. I also remember reading HM was not amused.

As she bunks with Andrew she is in another PR problem:

Duchess Fergie In Eco Flap

SARAH Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has allowed two Norwegian brothers to involve her in a tourist-resort development that threatens to destroy part of the unspoiled Brazilian coastline.... Protesters say the development will irrevocably disfigure one of the last undeveloped stretches of coastline, which is home to at least one endangered species, the hawksbill turtle.

Source

Sarah knighted a DOG? Seriously? I must have missed that one! I don't how--that is the sort of thing one remembers, do you know what I mean??:ROFLMAO:

Yes. She was at a party and demonstrated to the guests what an investiture's like--on a dog! At least, that's the story.

How, um, interesting that Sarah would so enlighten the party-goers with such a display. I was unaware that she had ever had the opportunity to knight someone (other than the dog)---what a silly girl.

Doesn't HM or the current reigning monarch have the only power to knight someone?

I know that Prince Charles sometimes fills in for the Queen at investitures, but I'd think that he's giving the honour under her authority.

I can only wonder if Her Majesty would have authorized the knighting of a dog???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh Sarah, you give us entirely too much to discuss.

Unfortunately, I always think of that song in the Sound of Music when I think of Sarah: How do you solve a problem like Maria? Except you could substitute Sarah.:rolleyes:

I can only wonder if Her Majesty would have authorized the knighting of a dog???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh Sarah, you give us entirely too much to discuss.

Oh everyone's being a bit cruel about this, I think. All she was doing was showing how it's done, and for all we know HM may have knighted every Corgi she's ever owned. :ROFLMAO:

Ah, but was Her Majesty drunk at a party where it could get out? Don't get me wrong--I'm a little goofy myself at times, but this was rather sillly--Sarah really gives us too much to discuss.

If Sarah and Andrew do remarry and that's a big IF...then most likely I agree that it will happen when Phillip dies. IMO if the Queen Mother had lived a little longer, I don't think Charles would have married Camilla during her lifetime either.

Andrew is supposed to be the Queen's favorite...so I don't see why she wouldn't want him to be happy. And if Sarah makes Andrew happy (cringe moments included) than she wouldn't deny that. But if its going to happen its gonna happen when Charles is King. And although they are not particularly close....seeing how Charles was denied (at least in his mind) to be with the women he loved...I don't think he would deny Andrew the same. You love who you love. Its got to be bad for Andrew...each of his siblings is happily (well maybe not so happy in Anne's case) but paired off. He is like the single buddy hanging out with the married couples. Not fun.

But I doubt that they will seriously remarry...it will be just like Camilla and Charles before they got married. A couple but not a real couple...Sarah won't accompany Andrew to royal events.

It's really a normal thing. A person can rent a temporary place in such a situation, or stay with a family member. Andrew truly is a part of Sarah's family, much more to her than just an old friend. Moreover, the convenience and civility of this arrangement trumps the benefits of any other hypothetical situation, in my humble opinion.

I think people should consider reading much less into it.

I don't know why people should be so critical about this situation. I believe it wasn't all Fergie's idea to move in. Andrew may have proposed this solution and that is a kind thing to do in such moments. I find them nice together and as long no one gets hurt, it's fine IMO. For that reason, I don't see why Philip is disapproving it so much ...

I don't know how anyone can perceive Andrew and Sarah's behavior as normal. Certainly she has other housing options.....it seems very "in your face" to the RF. Perhaps this is their not so subtle message to them?

If Sarah and Andrew do remarry and that's a big IF...then most likely I agree that it will happen when Phillip dies. IMO if the Queen Mother had lived a little longer, I don't think Charles would have married Camilla during her lifetime either.

Andrew is supposed to be the Queen's favorite...so I don't see why she wouldn't want him to be happy. And if Sarah makes Andrew happy (cringe moments included) than she wouldn't deny that. But if its going to happen its gonna happen when Charles is King. And although they are not particularly close....seeing how Charles was denied (at least in his mind) to be with the women he loved...I don't think he would deny Andrew the same. You love who you love. Its got to be bad for Andrew...each of his siblings is happily (well maybe not so happy in Anne's case) but paired off. He is like the single buddy hanging out with the married couples. Not fun.

But I doubt that they will seriously remarry...it will be just like Camilla and Charles before they got married. A couple but not a real couple...Sarah won't accompany Andrew to royal events.
I don't know. Would you want somebody around that you loved, but they just kept committing gaffe after gaffe after gaffe with no intentions of stopping?
I'd find that hard to live with, whatever the situation.

I think Sarah is content with her situation as it is now. I would exclude the remarriage of the two!

What is the problem between Phillip and Sarah?

Rumour hath that Philip is the reason why Sarah isn't welcome into the Royal Fold. He was quoted as saying that if Diana and Sarah didn't want to be in the Royal Family, they should be out completely.

I think that Prince Philip is being seen as the bogeyman of the Royal Family, first with Sarah and Diana and now with Fayed. I can see parents telling their misbehaving children, "If you aren't good, Prince Philip will come and take you away." :lol:

What is the problem between Phillip and Sarah?

Princess Margaret supposely wrote Sarah a letter in 1992 telling her that her (Sarah's) behavior was selfish and immoral. This from Princess Margaret - the original wild child!

Princess Margaret supposely wrote Sarah a letter in 1992 telling her that her (Sarah's) behavior was selfish and immoral. This from Princess Margaret - the original wild child!
Wow! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Ah well, never mind. All we have to do is wait until Sarah is older and very conspicuously flaunts her newly aquired toy boy, squandering heaps of her weightwatchers dollars on him in the haunts of the rich and famous, and we will have come full circle. :D

Who cares. When all is said and done, they are the happiest of ex's and are trying to live up to the adage; living well is the best revenge. :D:D:D

I don't know why people should be so critical about this situation. I believe it wasn't all Fergie's idea to move in. Andrew may have proposed this solution and that is a kind thing to do in such moments. I find them nice together and as long no one gets hurt, it's fine IMO. For that reason, I don't see why Philip is disapproving it so much ...

I don't understand it either. They are a grown man and a grown woman. They were married and loved one another deeply. They probably still do. They have children. They aren't hurting anyone. They are comfortable living together and both are exactly where they want to be, apparently.

What am I missing here?

I don't understand it either. They are a grown man and a grown woman. They were married and loved one another deeply. They probably still do. They have children. They aren't hurting anyone. They are comfortable living together and both are exactly where they want to be, apparently.

What am I missing here?

Nothing, CaliforniaDreaming. I share your opinion ina whole. They are husband and wife, and excentric or not, they love each other. If they wants to live together, that's more than natural. I like this couple a lot, even if they are not very traditional.

Vanesa.:D

I have a problem with it, apart from the strange example it is setting the girls, ie, if you divorce you too can have all the perks of being married, without the commitment, but as a taxpayer. Must be wonderful for her to be able to save her money! :bang:

I have a problem with it, apart from the strange example it is setting the girls, ie, if you divorce you too can have all the perks of being married, without the commitment, but as a taxpayer. Must be wonderful for her to be able to save her money! :bang:

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't Bea and Eugenie who are the driving force between their parents' "reunions". The way Eugenie insisted in the Tatler-interview that they are "the daughters of the duke and duchess of York" had such a strange sound to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom