Sarah Staying at Prince Andrew's Home (Royal Lodge, Windsor): February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why it bothers some people so much. They are great pals, maybe even still lovers; she needs somewhere to stay while her home is repaired and he can provide it for her. Why shouldn't he offer and why shouldn't she accept? In my opinion there's no reason why they shouldn't and there are good reasons why they should. It's a lot easier to shift into his place for a while than going through the hassle of renting somewhere. They're not doing anything wrong.

I think that if it wasn't for the Duke's hostility and the fact that Andrew's mother is Queen and marriage to Andrew would impose the Royal machine onto Sarah again, they'd have remarried. In time I think it's likely they'll do just that, and I hope they do. :flowers:

I thought she lived in NY...

I concur.

Sarah seems incredibly co-dependent, in my opinion. Yes, I understand she has struck out on her own, made her own money, but she is hardly on her own two feet. If she were she wouldn't have accepted to stay with her Ex. Surely there is another home she could rent whilst her home is being repaired. Or is she really that broke that she cannot afford to rent/let a cottage for several months? Why cannot she stay at a Motel 6 or something? Why does she always run back to Andrew when things go awry?

I don't think Sarah's staying with Andrew because she doesn't have enough money, but because they have a close relationship. I'm sure one of Andrew's first reactions to hearing about her house repairs was "You can stay here", and Sarah accepted. I think it was nice of him.

You're right though, she does always go back to Andrew when things go awry, but I don't think it's because she's not financially independent, it's because she's emotionally dependent on him. Sarah's a pretty conflicted person and I can't guarantee I always understand her, but I think her little secure world with Andrew and her daughters is like the stable family she never had as a child. I don't think she wants to remarry Andrew, but he does give her a family base she can come back to. Both her parents have died and her one sister is in Australia. So she really doesn't have family other than Andrew to go to.

Leeching is a very harsh term to use here. I would gladly offer my (rather large and mostly empty) home to a friend for a couple of weeks while they were having work done on theirs. I wouldn't consider them leeching off of me in the least, regardless of their financial picture. Sometimes you just want the jolly fun that goes with having guests. I own a number of apartments in the city I live in and have on many occasions offered a place to stay for friends from time to time for numerous reasons. Is that how you would view your friends? Before the advent of rapid transit it was genteel and lovely to have friends and relations come to stay in your home for a month or two at a time. How sad that we have strayed so far from such polite society.:ermm:

Is it? I personally don't think so.

I completely understand that you and others would offer your close friend a home to stay in if they were in Sarah's position, without the money. Nonetheless, Sarah has money... and plenty of it.

This situation is quite strange. I'm sure you have been following their relationship since the beginning, and as you know she has a tendency to latch as well as run back to him during rough times (hence after the divorce now her house is no longer suitable to live in.)

As for the "polite society" comment. Sounds incredibly grandiose/stuffy/19th century; furthermore, just because there are some, specifically me, who find it bizarre doesn't mean we are shunning the notion/idea of "polite society."

Perhaps, I'm too blunt as well as harsh, when it comes to waddling whining women who go back to their Ex's for "help.":cool: Please. Essentially, Feminists who care, Gloria Steinem, and Camille Paglia are rolling their eyes at Sarah's behavior.

Last edited:
Maybe she never got over Andrew. Was he also having an affair when they split or just her?

Why does Sarah go running back to Andrew? Because he lets her. As long as there are no boundaries, then this will happen time and again. Which makes me wonder what happens if Andrew does indeed decide to hook up with Ysbel? (Or any of our other lovely eligible ladies? :D ) Who's going to draw the line then? It is my experience that since Sarah has enjoyed this much freedom in her relationship with Andrew, when---and indeed IF it changes someday, what will happen? Will Sarah be upset? Does she have a right to be? Things have been fine so far the way they are, why change it?

:lol:I don't think that's an actual photo. Although I think I have seen Andrew and Sarah together with Sarah wearing that outfit...I think at a 9/11 anniversary ceremony in New York.

On the topic of what would happen if Andrew found someone else, I think Sarah would totally be upset if Andrew found someone else permanently, though since they're divorced she wouldn't have a right to be...and to give her credit I think she'd probably acknowledge that.

But Andrew never will marry anyone else. I just can't see it happening. And not because women wouldn't be interested; they say divorced men find it much easier to date than divorced women, and I'm sure being a good-looking prince doesn't hurt!

Andrew has had relationships with other women since his divorce, like Angie Everheart, but I don't think he'll ever consider remarrying anyone other than Sarah. He might have been young and immature when he married Sarah but when he married her, he really meant it for life. To the point that even twelve years after their divorce I think he still sees her as the only important woman in his life. I think that says something about Andrew's character...whether you read him as foolish or faithful you can't say he forms attachments lightly.

Sarah on the other hand...I doubt she'll remarry anyone else either. But she was definitely the one having affairs during their marriage. I doubt the idea ever entered Andrew's head.

Montage, it's been photoshopped. Is that Danish??

Last edited by a moderator:
Photoshopped. The lighting is different. He's indoors in a lowlight situation and the light is coming from in front and above. She looks like she's outdoors in a bright light situation and the light is coming from above and from the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur.

Sarah seems incredibly co-dependent, in my opinion. Yes, I understand she has struck out on her own, made her own money, but she is hardly on her own two feet. If she were she wouldn't have accepted to stay with her Ex. Surely there is another home she could rent whilst her home is being repaired. Or is she really that broke that she cannot afford to rent/let a cottage for several months? Why cannot she stay at a Motel 6 or something? Why does she always run back to Andrew when things go awry?

I think what's bothering me most is that they both are showing their co-dependence. Don't get me wrong. If Sarah emerged from the marriage with a a new successful career and an image as an independent smart saavy business woman and Andrew became the model of a successful prince, then I would not be too disappointed to hear later that they'd been shacking up with each other behind everyone's back all this time while they were putting on the show of smart, saavy businesswoman and successful prince.

But it seems that they are just using each other to keep themselves from being as successful as they can be. I think both of them have a lot of potential to offer not only in a relationship but in other areas of their lives but I think they're wasting a lot of energy on a relationship that while it is very public is in no-man's land. I think the only purpose it can serve is to scare off other people who may be interested in them and I suspect the relationship can scare off business partners for both of them who are looking for someone with more maturity and balance to work with.

It just looks like they are both intentionally holding themselves back by their association with the other. It does not look like a good situation.

I don't see what the big deal is. When Andrew assumed the lease of Royal Lodge from the Crown Estate after the death of his grandmother, The Queen approved Sarah having her own suite of rooms there.

They have remained very close and good friends since their divorce and were good parents to their daughters.

I agree that Sarah's (and Andrew's) behavior is very co-dependent. Clearly, Sarah regrets the divorce. This is and (IMO) always has been more than a "we're best friends" situation. I also don't think that this has anything whatsoever to do with money. As for the girls - again, not the healthiest relationship w/Sarah despite her constant comments to the contrary. If your mum moves back in w/dad and you know that there are still feelings there and she is pursuing him (and hasn't ever really stopped) ~ what an uncomfortable situation for them.

Last edited:
I agree that Sarah's (and Andrew's) behavior is very co-dependent. Clearly, Sarah regrets the divorce. This is and (IMO) always has been more than a "we're best friends" situation. I also don't think that this has anything whatsoever to do with money. As for the girls - again, not the healthiest relationship w/Sarah despite her constant comments to the contrary. If your mum moves back in w/dad and you know that there are still feelings there and she is pursuing him (and hasn't ever really stopped) ~ what an umcomfortable situation for them.

Hold on, I didn't say I thought Sarah was pursuing Andrew; in fact, I don't think she has to, he seems to always be available for her. They just always seem to be around for each other in a way that exes usually aren't and that is strange.

And the situation of her parenting the girls is another situation entirely. She could still have the same relationship with them even if she and Andrew never saw each other so comparing her relationship with Andrew and her relationship with the girls is like comparing apples and oranges. That's a tiger of a totally different stripe.

I agree that Sarah's (and Andrew's) behavior is very co-dependent. Clearly, Sarah regrets the divorce. This is and (IMO) always has been more than a "we're best friends" situation. I also don't think that this has anything whatsoever to do with money. As for the girls - again, not the healthiest relationship w/Sarah despite her constant comments to the contrary. If your mum moves back in w/dad and you know that there are still feelings there and she is pursuing him (and hasn't ever really stopped) ~ what an umcomfortable situation for them.

Not all divorces end with a disliking of one another, you know.

Clearly Sarah regrets the divorce? I'm sure a great many people who go through a divorce regret the fact they had to have one in the first place. It's just the way it is.

Neither Sarah or Andrew have hidden the fact they have remained friends and enjoy one anothers company. Because their marriage failed does not mean their friendship should. And if by any chance there are any mutual feelings shared between the two, it is entirely their business.

I believe their daughters are old enough to understand the situation for what it is, and not what others wish to make of it.

Last edited:
Why are people so up set when Sarah moved in with Andrew? So whate, that is their choice and may be they still love each other. Also, why should she married Andrew and gives up her earning income and then do some charities work next to nothing in pay.

I thought it was really nice of Prince Andrew to offer his home, while Sarah's house is being repaired. He obviously didn't have to, but it's just a reflection that they're still good friends even after the divorce. Would all royal divorces have been like this, the royals would be much better off.

Is it? I personally don't think so.

I completely understand that you and others would offer your close friend a home to stay in if they were in Sarah's position, without the money. Nonetheless, Sarah has money... and plenty of it.

This situation is quite strange. I'm sure you have been following their relationship since the beginning, and as you know she has a tendency to latch as well as run back to him during rough times (hence after the divorce now her house is no longer suitable to live in.)

As for the "polite society" comment. Sounds incredibly grandiose/stuffy/19th century; furthermore, just because there are some, specifically me, who find it bizarre doesn't mean we are shunning the notion/idea of "polite society."

Perhaps, I'm too blunt as well as harsh, when it comes to waddling whining women who go back to their Ex's for "help.":cool: Please. Essentially, Feminists who care, Gloria Steinem, and Camille Paglia are rolling their eyes at Sarah's behavior.

You're right. Perhaps I am too stuffy and 19th century in my thoughts since I wouldn't call any woman "waddling" and as far as whining, I didn't realize that Sarah had whined to Andrew about her housing situation. Perhaps you would be kind enough to share any insider knowledge about the conversation that took place? As far as "caring" feminists go, I don't have a lot of time for the comments of women who go to great lengths to prove that women can be anything they would want to be, and at the same time, put down women like me who choose to stay out of the workforce to make a home for my family.

women like me who choose to stay out of the workforce to make a home for my family.

The true heroines of society...:flowers:

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been much discussed in other threads (I don't usually post in the British threads) but I have never heard of either of them having a serious relationship with anyone else. They both seem like warm-blooded people who would like to be in a relationship, and they both have plenty to offer potential suitors. So where are they (the potential suitors, I mean)? It seems clear they simply prefer each other. Why don't they just remarry?

You're right. Perhaps I am too stuffy and 19th century in my thoughts since I wouldn't call any woman "waddling" and as far as whining, I didn't realize that Sarah had whined to Andrew about her housing situation. Perhaps you would be kind enough to share any insider knowledge about the conversation that took place? As far as "caring" feminists go, I don't have a lot of time for the comments of women who go to great lengths to prove that women can be anything they would want to be, and at the same time, put down women like me who choose to stay out of the workforce to make a home for my family.

I'll rephrase it in a simple manner:

First, I find it extremely odd for a grown woman, who supposedly prides herself on making out of the British royal family and able to support herself through various ventures, and thereby earning her own money only to run back to her ex, accepting his invitation, to stay with him.

She has enough money to stay on her own. Sadly, she chooses not to.

She, in my opinion, is a codependent grown up who isn't as strong as she tries to convince others to believe. In my opinion, this situation is weird.

Second, the term, waddling whining woman. Yes, those three words, in my opinion, describes her current behavior.

Third, my comment regarding Gloria and Camille, well, unfortunately you misunderstood my point. There is no need to explain because it is simply off topic.

Fourth, when did I ever state that stay at home Moms was a bad thing? The answer is never. To assume such a thing is incredibly strange.

So to wrap up, in my opinion, Sarah is whiney and codependent. You may not agree with my opinions, Kimebear, and vice versa. Nonetheless, I respect yours even though you may not respect mine.

Last edited:
. How sad that we have strayed so far from such polite society.:ermm:
In 'polite society', Andrew would not have offered and Sarah would certainly not have accepted! In 'polite society', Andrew may have offered to help find accomodation, he would certainly not have said to his supposedly ex wife, 'Come and sleep in my bed'!

As with most things to do with this pair - tacky. Great that they are friends, yes it is possible to have a happy, friendly divorce but then you get on with separate lives!

As with most things to do with this pair - tacky. Great that they are friends, yes it is possible to have a happy, friendly divorce but then you get on with separate lives!

I more and more get the feeling that Andrew and Sarah are successful in ripping the RF and Britain off. He takes what he can as a prince while she uses her closeness to him and their daughters to make money from her connections.

Hold on, I didn't say I thought Sarah was pursuing Andrew; in fact, I don't think she has to, he seems to always be available for her. They just always seem to be around for each other in a way that exes usually aren't and that is strange.

I think part of the reason they're "always around for each other" is guilt. Andrew feels guilty because he had no clue Sarah was unhappy in their marriage until they were on the verge of a separation, and to make up for his inattentiveness during their marriage he now jumps to meet her every need.

Sarah, on the other hand, despite going on about how she's never stopped loving Andrew and they're "best friends", was the one who had affairs during their marriage. Clearly Sarah became bored with Andrew on some level. That was her excitable personality, always looking for new stimulation. And I think she has no intention of depriving that side of her personality in order to settle back down into restrained royal life with an unexciting husband. But on the other hand, she didn't stop caring about Andrew even if one side of her wanted "more" than him, and she knows she betrayed him. Guilt again--she feels guilty that she left a basically good husband who was more than willing to change and work things out. So she lets him have a significant role in her life.

"Hold on, I didn't say I thought Sarah was pursuing Andrew; in fact, I don't think she has to, he seems to always be available for her. They just always seem to be around for each other in a way that exes usually aren't and that is strange.

And the situation of her parenting the girls is another situation entirely. She could still have the same relationship with them even if she and Andrew never saw each other so comparing her relationship with Andrew and her relationship with the girls is like comparing apples and oranges. That's a tiger of a totally different stripe."

No Ysbel - you didn't say it - I did. I'll say it again - Sarah is pursuing Andrew and believe she would remarry him in a minute if it was possible. She has often said that she regrets the divorce. As far as the RF is concerned - Sarah still uses her connection with them~ and her daughters, as her identity. Otherwise she would be just "Sarah Ferguson."

"Hold on, I didn't say I thought Sarah was pursuing Andrew; in fact, I don't think she has to, he seems to always be available for her. They just always seem to be around for each other in a way that exes usually aren't and that is strange.

And the situation of her parenting the girls is another situation entirely. She could still have the same relationship with them even if she and Andrew never saw each other so comparing her relationship with Andrew and her relationship with the girls is like comparing apples and oranges. That's a tiger of a totally different stripe."

No Ysbel - you didn't say it - I did. I'll say it again - Sarah is pursuing Andrew and believe she would remarry him in a minute if it was possible. She has often said that she regrets the divorce. As far as the RF is concerned - Sarah still uses her connection with them~ and her daughters, as her identity. Otherwise she would be just "Sarah Ferguson."

Why would Sarah want to go back into the royal family after the way they treated her (and still treat her)? I don't think she wants to marry Andrew or is pursuing him.

But yes, she does keep up the connection with the royal family and Andrew. I don't think it has anything to do with making money (or if it was, that would be illogical because she wouldn't stop being famous if she stopped hanging around Andrew). But she does use the royal family as her identity, security, because I think becoming royal defined her identity. She didn't know who she was before that. It was the same with Diana, she was just an insecure teenager who didn't know her role in life...then along came the media and told her exactly who she was.

Over the last few years I have often wondered if the divorce was really an elaborate ruse.The divorce satisfied the public's anger with fergie and it provided a way for the royal family to"save face" so to speak.The fact that neither has really moved on romantically from that point only really emphasizes the fact that they never stopped caring for each other and perhaps in an odd kind of way the divorce allowed them to maintain their relationship away from the press and public.I wouldn't be surprised if they remarried after the Queen dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom