Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 19: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t kept up with her adventures and I am appalled. I hope the horrible lifestyle idea goes away. Especially NOW.

I didn’t know about Peter Phillips selling milk thing either

Thanks- I remember wondering why Andrew couldn’t come up with a ‘measly’ £15,000!

At the time, Andrew and his legal team were settling with Sarah's creditors for 25% of the debt owed. Two creditors, Sarah's former personal employees, refused the 25%.

Eyes were on Andrew's payouts to creditors.

Sarah and/or Andrew then asked the American Epstein to take care of one of them, figuring this more generous payout would escape British scrutiny.

However, Epstein played hardball with the payout terms to the man, and it was a messy parting.

For someone that appears to have money problems she sure travels a lot. Yet, the one thing Sarah does seem to have is plenty of energy!

Thank you, Leopoldine

So this is kinda related to current events��

Sarah, Duchess of York served as Executive Director of a multimillion dollar company, Gates Ventures, which was headed for receivership but they now have a new investor, Dr. Li Li, a wealthy Chinese physician heavily invested in the US and elsewhere. It appears Sarah has stepped down as Executive Director and will now serve as Global Ambassador of the firm.

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2019-12-20/gate-ventures-plc-directorate-change

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/11/27/1953224/0/en/Update-on-fundraise.html

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Sarah but I wonder why people are getting so up in arms about the fact that she has published a children's book? This isn't related to the messy situation with Andrew other than the fact that perhaps the timing was too soon, but then again his bad deeds shouldn't stop the rest of the family continuing in doing what they do. Sarah has a history of children's literature, so it's nothing new and exciting.

I'm not a fan of Sarah but I wonder why people are getting so up in arms about the fact that she has published a children's book? This isn't related to the messy situation with Andrew other than the fact that perhaps the timing was too soon, but then again his bad deeds shouldn't stop the rest of the family continuing in doing what they do. Sarah has a history of children's literature, so it's nothing new and exciting.

My thoughts exactly. And frankly, if she needs or wants to earn a living, there's far worse things she could be doing than writing children's books. Given Sarah's past behavior and her proximity to the BRF, there are a lot of very iffy ways she could be bringing in the cash and while they would undoubtedly be legal, they might not be exactly ethical or in great taste. However, I see absolutely nothing untoward about a series of children's books.

***The children's book is a lovely idea. I have no objection to that. I made my criticisms a few posts above after reading that she is planning to be hawking "lifestyle products"soon. :ermm:

Sarah, to me, naturally has the ability to embrace her inner child and what better way to express that than to write children's books?

People that can keep and retain and embrace childlike innocence and wonder and a fresh way of looking at things in this world are a blessing in my book. ?

(Opinion based on a household here that still loves and watches children's movies and believes in Disney magic)

I had posted earlier about her plans as I too was glad to hear that she was returning to children's books. Something she has been relatively successful with. Her publisher reports she is thrilled and has been given a seven book deal. Sarah herself said she "looked at life through a childhood's eyes". This is a very healthy endeavour indeed. Also, I'm happy for her she has stepped down from directorship of Gates Ventures!

Adorable picture of the first book to be published "The Enchanted Oak Tree".
7 livres pour enfants en commande pour Sarah, duchesse d’York – Noblesse & Royautés

Last edited:
I had posted earlier about her plans as I too was glad to hear that she was returning to children's books. Something she has been relatively successful with.

She had better be extremely cautious, since in the past she has been accused of plagiarism.
I suspect that might be the reason she stopped writing for awhile.

With some other sources of income cut off, she's planning to try again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...eils-three-new-childrens-books-Instagram.html

And after that, she is going to write a series about a boy wizard named Barry Cotter, and his best friends Don Beasley and Anemone Ranger.

Having been a Harry Potter fan I get what you are saying now in your more recent post: "She had better be extremely cautious, since in the past she has been accused of plagiarism.

With some other sources of income cut off, she's planning to try again."

Gosh darnit, every time I get my hopes up for the Duchess:ohmy:

She had better be extremely cautious, since in the past she has been accused of plagiarism.

With some other sources of income cut off, she's planning to try again.
As a children's librarian, I can say that there really aren't all that many "plots" in the genre and that the chances of coming up with completely new and original ideas lie near zero for ANYONE. In other words, you will always find similarities of story elements in virtually every book you can read, if you look hard enough. Sarah was accused of copying the idea for a "talking helicopter" in her Budgie books - but I can find several books with this basic character in just my small children's section. ?

Do you think that Sarah might write children's fairy tales set in the Victorian era?

:previous: That is actually an elegant, wonderful idea!?

As a children's librarian, I can say that there really aren't all that many "plots" in the genre and that the chances of coming up with completely new and original ideas lie near zero for ANYONE. In other words, you will always find similarities of story elements in virtually every book you can read, if you look hard enough. Sarah was accused of copying the idea for a "talking helicopter" in her Budgie books - but I can find several books with this basic character in just my small children's section. ?

Thank you, I'm glad to hear the background re: the Budgie books. I'm a real pushover when it comes to children's books. A friend of mine, retired school librarian, are forever finding ourselves in the childrens books section. :lol:

Thank you, I'm glad to hear the background re: the Budgie books. I'm a real pushover when it comes to children's books. A friend of mine, retired school librarian, are forever finding ourselves in the childrens books section. :lol:

Sarah? I thought so.

There's a difference between using some similar plot elements and lifting the plot wholesale; otherwise many more authors would be accused of plagiarism.

Sarah? I thought so.

I referred to myself as a pushover for children's books not as you infer a pushover for Sarah, although it might appear so. I haven't researched her past plagerism problems as she's had so many barn burners over the years, pick one.

I read the Times article you posted regarding Sarah and it wasn't lost on me. "The duchess stepped down as director in December. The rights for the £1.4 million of Gate investments, including a £200,0000 personal loan to her and a £900,000 investment in 42nd Street, were transferred to Jenwell in 2017. These assets were acquired from a bank in the Caribbean formerly chaired by Mr Morrow in return for £74,000 in cash and shares in Gent, a Cyprus-based investment company." That's some handy travel money. I posted further about her unfortunate ties to Gates Ventures re: court ordered receivership and delisted from trade in Great Britain.

Probably best she sell books than see pictures of her in court for hanging around the wrong company.

Last edited:
Posts attempting to drag Prince Andrew and the Epstein scandal into a discussion about children's books, together with responses, have been deleted.

Last edited:
Unexplained personal and business loans to the Duchess of York of more than £500,000 from an entertainment investment company were a “matter for investigation,” a high court judge has been told.

Gate Ventures loaned Sarah Ferguson at least £287,577 personally, and loaned £232,003 to Ginger & Moss, her upmarket tea, dinnerware and jewellery venture, court documents showed.

Full article here:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...nexplained-loans-to-sarah-ferguson-court-told

These Gate Ventures shenanigans, which I have posted about throughout this thread, for which Duchess at one time was a Director and last time I checked was removed and now a global ambassador to the Venture, is an ongoing bunch of bad news.:ohmy: Both Sarah and Andrew can't seem to ever straighten themselves out and as my mother used to say "and fly right"!:nonono::nonono:

:previous:
Thank you, Leopoldine

So this is kinda related to current events��

Sarah, Duchess of York served as Executive Director of a multimillion dollar company, Gates Ventures, which was headed for receivership but they now have a new investor, Dr. Li Li, a wealthy Chinese physician heavily invested in the US and elsewhere. It appears Sarah has stepped down as Executive Director and will now serve as Global Ambassador of the firm.

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2019-12-20/gate-ventures-plc-directorate-change

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/11/27/1953224/0/en/Update-on-fundraise.html
Looks like that ‘new investor’ last fall wasn’t enough to keep the venture going & they are now in liquidation. Interesting that their lawyers & auditors quit & didn’t show up in court because they weren’t paid. Sarah, although only a director of this company, has quite the history of leaving others holding the bag for her failed ventures as well as her unpaid personal ‘loans.’

Last edited:
:previous:
Why call them 'loans'?

I'm sure she never had any intention of repaying them. :whistling:
Just another example of greed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom