The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2018, 04:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
To be quite honest, it’s rather harmless article. However the looming question —- why even do it?!
Exactly my point!

Old 11-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
To be quite honest, it’s rather harmless article. However the looming question —- why even do it?!
Because Sarah makes money by selling things - the article references her teas. To sell things she relies on her name recognition which is tied to her daughters’ and ex husband’s family. The York’s received a great deal of press from Eugenie’s wedding and Sarah was front and center as MOB, so she’s capitalizing on it.
Note she throws Diana’s name into the mix as well - even though it’s well known that Diana had cut her off and wasn’t speaking to her when she died.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just because Diana wasn't speaking to Sarah when Diana died doesn't mean that Sarah doesn't have fond memories of her as both a friend and sister-in-law.

Diana was well-known for cutting off people for all sorts of reasons - and then taking them back when someone else had upset her.

Sarah, in all probability, would have been back in Diana's good books and out again many times over the past 21 years had Diana lived.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Just because Diana wasn't speaking to Sarah when Diana died doesn't mean that Sarah doesn't have fond memories of her as both a friend and sister-in-law.

Diana was well-known for cutting off people for all sorts of reasons - and then taking them back when someone else had upset her.

Sarah, in all probability, would have been back in Diana's good books and out again many times over the past 21 years had Diana lived.
My point being there is no reason to introduce Diana into a conversation about Eugenie’s wedding, and to do so was just silly. The reference to using her mother’s purse was understandable, thinking about her deceased father would have made sense (although she didn’t mention him.) Sarah was simply name dropping, as she is wont to do.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It could also have been that with the wedding of her daughter and involving the entire BRF, perhaps Sarah remembered back to the time she was still a member of the family and the closeness she shared with Diana.

One thing I never would accuse Sarah of, and this is just me, is having a personality that exhibits the use of guile.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-12-2018, 12:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It could also have been that with the wedding of her daughter and involving the entire BRF, perhaps Sarah remembered back to the time she was still a member of the family and the closeness she shared with Diana.

One thing I never would accuse Sarah of, and this is just me, is having a personality that exhibits the use of guile.
Oh I think she tries to be Guiley… or whatever the word is!! She was probably dropping Di's name because she knows that it sells.. But she's so dim, poor thing that I think she doesn't realise that many people will remember that she and Diana were on bad terms.. and that they will laugh at the mention of Diana.. (of course a lot of people wont know or care but may buy her products because she is connected to the RF...
I think she has a "hard neck" as we say in Irleand and can unblushingly face things out.. Like her selling access to Andrew. Some people would never appear in public again after that fuss, but sarah can do it. But I agree that she's really quite a silly simple person, not very clever and in that sense she's her own worst enemy. She does stupid things, is amazed when they get a bad reaction and then goes on and does them again...
Old 11-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Administrator

A followup on Sarah's latest interview...

** dailymail: Proud Fergie shares a snap of Prince Andrew's role in Remembrance Day commemorations while watching him on TV ..**
Old 11-13-2018, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Sarah's thank you notes found their way to the press..

** dailymail: Crafty Sarah Ferguson sends out GIFT TAGS in place of a traditional card to thank people for 'remembering' her 59th birthday **
Old 11-21-2018, 04:18 AM
Administrator

Sarah participated in the 'Good Morning Britain' TV show today, November 21:

** Photo ** rex gallery **

** mirror: Sarah Ferguson refuses to rule out getting back together with Prince Andrew **

** dailymail: 'Diana was in my heart': Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson reveals how she was thinking of her beloved friend..**

She has launched a fundraising campaign for her charity Street Child:

** dailymail: Duchess of York launches appeal for Street Child charity **

** dailymail: Fergie opens up about daughters Beatrice and Eugenie’s schoolgirl struggles as she insists ALL children deserve an education..**
Old 11-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Majesty

Sarah on GMB talks about her return to 'the Firm' on Harry and Meghan's wedding day. She thanks them. (So much for social media that said she was furious about the timing of their pregnancy announcement and immediately tweeted about Eugenie's wedding straight after it.)

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/11/22...g-harry-meghan
Old 11-21-2018, 09:02 PM
Courtier

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...a-street-child

Sarah referred to Princess Eugenie as disabled and spoke of Princess Beatrice's dyslexia in this shambles. When you see this, and then combine that with her constant 'very proud of my girls' tweets, you do start wondering why she puts them in such a poor light, like they are little moppets taking baby steps.

Sophie and Edward and Charles and Anne and Mark Phillips don't post about how "proud" they are of their children.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Sarah on GMB talks about her return to 'the Firm' on Harry and Meghan's wedding day. She thanks them. (So much for social media that said she was furious about the timing of their pregnancy announcement and immediately tweeted about Eugenie's wedding straight after it.)

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/11/22...g-harry-meghan
I have no idea whether she was upset or not but since this was an interview to celebrate/push for her "re introduction" to the Firm and the York's place in it, she'd have been a huge fool to say anything negative publicly.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Did she just say Jack will be the best consort ever, like Albert was to Victoria? Oh Fergie...
I know, she's away with the fairies, absolutely in denial about how insignificant her daughters are in the scheme of things. When that Queen dies that will become brutally apparent but I think she's so deluded that it will come as a complete shock.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:54 AM
Majesty

I think she just wanted to say that she sees in Jack the same positive character traits that Albert had.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that's what she meant too, Biri. If anything, Sarah is spontaneous and says what she's feeling at the moment. I don't, for one minute, think that Sarah has the conniving, calculating kind of mind that constructs an agenda to be put forth. I don't think that Sarah is all to big on being back in the "Firm" again either. I honestly think that the way things are right now with her being on friendly terms with the royal family and still close to Andrew is exactly how she likes things to be.

To be honest, I don't see much changing in the years to come. Sarah and Andrew will grow old together comfortably with each being free to do their own thing in their own way and have happy children and grandchildren around them.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of York she is the new patron of Julia's House the Dorset and Wiltshire children’s hospice charity

https://www.juliashouse.org/news/sar...f-julias-house

And an article about the Duchess tonight

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...tmas-tree.html
Old 11-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Administrator

This evening, November 29, Sarah attended the "Zodiac Party celebrating Claridge's 'The Tree of Love' Christmas Tree" in London:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-01-2018, 04:28 AM
Majesty

Sarah Ferguson will never learn it. Now she has regained some approval, there she is again, with her blabbermouth to media or in shows like the one with Piers Morgan. It is almost alike she is driven by impulses and not by well-thought handlings.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Sarah Ferguson will never learn it. Now she has regained some approval, there she is again, with her blabbermouth to media or in shows like the one with Piers Morgan. It is almost alike she is driven by impulses and not by well-thought handlings.
She's spontaneous. The "if it feels good, do it" type of person that lives in the moment. Now, this can be a good thing or a bad thing and I do believe its gotten Sarah into some really hot water at times. As far as speaking out, actually she is a private citizen and can and do whatever she likes. That's one of the perks of being "divorced to Andrew" (her words).

I don't believe she's seriously thinking of rejoining the "Firm" anytime soon. She's been down that road and knows its not for her. The next time she'll be seen with the BRF will be at Beatrice's wedding. Until then, its her life to do with as she chooses.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Such a pity she doesn't own a mirror !

Tags
current events, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson