Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah is in Sydney - Thursday 20th - and just popped up on the evening news here.

All dressd up, she did a tour of one of our major hospitals, St Vincents, today - and will be the guest of honour at a ball tomorrow night.

Oh dear god why ? I suppose she can catch up with friends but how about instead of wasting the money ( flight hotel rooms etc ) we just use the money on the hospital.
I can never understand why rich people go to ball with a 3 rd grade celeb to raise money .,just give the money !!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree with you Royal Rob , all these balls what a waste of money.
In Belgium they are organising glitter Events for Charities , but at the end when all is paid there is not a lot left for the Charity !

There is a detailed report in today's newspaper about Sarah's visit to Sydney.

She and the CEO of St Vincent's Hospital will open the dancing at tonight's Life Ball fund-raiser - following in the footsteps of Diana, who did so back in1996.

It is hoped $3.2 million Oz dollars will be raised for the Intensive Care Unit - allowing the opening of a further twenty beds, and the purchase of twenty-one ventilators, dialysis machines and other vital equipment.

During yesterday's hospital tour, Sarah spoke about her recent twenty-four kilo weight loss - the result of long walks in Switzerland where she lives.

Sarah also denied daughter Eugenie is soon to marry her nightclub manager boyfriend.

Displaying her still present vitality, Sarah was seen darting through closing doors, and avoiding colliding with trolleys carrying patients.

At one point she jumped into the wrong car - and apologises to "some poor stranger".

Today is Friday in Sydney, and on Monday she is off to India, followed by Tuesday in New York.

Last edited:
Oh dear god why ? I suppose she can catch up with friends but how about instead of wasting the money ( flight hotel rooms etc ) we just use the money on the hospital.
I can never understand why rich people go to ball with a 3 rd grade celeb to raise money .,just give the money !!

Ah, but will they just give the money?

People consider the high ticket price a fair exchange for an evening out, where they can see and be seen.
And there are so many organizations competing for funds, it simply isn't possible to support all of them, so the savvy ones must offer a carrot.

It's too easy to just throw a fundraising letter into the trash.

There are lots of ways to raise money besides getting a ex royal and paying for flights hotels security and other sweeteners thrown in. We have enough well known people of our own to do the job

I've just checked out some of the details about tonight's Life Ball fund-raiser for St Vincent's Hospital.

There are a couple of auctions - and you too TRF members, can join in the fun and bid online along with those actually attending.

Fancy a private tour of Buckingham Palace?

How about staying in Sir Richard Branson's home on Necker Island in the Carribean?

No - maybe you could bid to stay in his Australian home in Noosa then.

Many, many tempting auction items - should be a big success for the hospital which doesn't have a lot of government support.

Last edited:
This is my concern. There could be more yet to some out of Pandora's Box. Everything the Fake Sheikh's lawyers can use will come out. Sarah's lawyers will make their money in any case.

There also may be details of what happened that weren't released to the public. I'm in agreement that Sarah wouldn't be doing this unless her lawyers and her family supported her in it.

"Hello" magazine has posted photos from last night's Life Ball here in Sydney, at which the Duchess of York was the guest of honour.

The event was held at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

One hundred and twenty years ago, Sarah's great-great grandmother, Viscountess Hamden, laid the foundation stone for the Ladies Pavillion there.

Sarah's sister Jane is also pictured.

Last edited:
The point of Sarah attending the ball and touring the hospital is that her great-great-grandmother, Viscountess Hampden, was the person to place the founding stone in the Ladies Pavilion.

It was totally relevant for her to be there and she looked absolutely beautiful.

The point of Sarah attending the ball and touring the hospital is that her great-great-grandmother, Viscountess Hampden, was the person to place the founding stone in the Ladies Pavilion.

It was totally relevant for her to be there and she looked absolutely beautiful.

I was astounded when I saw some of the items that were part of the fund-raising auctions associated with the Ball, Lord_Royal.

Not only the number of items on offer, but the high-end nature of them.

It struck me that Sarah, and her sister Jane, must have had the contacts and connections - along with the other people organising this event - to have a real go at raising some serious money for St Vincents Hospital.

One item was an experience at the venue where Jane was married many years ago at Whale Beach, for example.

It was good to see the Duchess of York in a good light and so busy.

Australia, India and the USA in a quick few days.

Better than the same old day to day routine most people are stuck with. Good for her.

I don't believe Sarah or her sister had much pull at all about the items. There are a lot more weathly and well connected people in Sydney than Sarah could ever compare with

Well neither do I, but their presence added a nice dimension to the occasion, given their great great grandmother's role in its initiation, and it's all in a good cause after all!

It's just that I think it's a waste of money. There wouldn't be anyone who thought "oh Sarah is going I must go to it " if she paid her own way it might be different but that's not how rent a celeb works. Believe me I have close relations who work in this area and they don't come free.

It's just that I think it's a waste of money. There wouldn't be anyone who thought "oh Sarah is going I must go to it " if she paid her own way it might be different but that's not how rent a celeb works. Believe me I have close relations who work in this area and they don't come free.

Oh, she'd never pay her own way! :lol:

But I know what you mean; personally I wouldn't cross the street to see Fergie, but others may feel differently.
And her being there did give the hospital some publicity, at least.

(Whether that actually translates into funds remains to be seen).

Are you guys complaining over the fact that Sarah is helping raise money for a hospital?

Considering it was the anniversary of the foundation being laid, and her great grandmother laid the stone, it was fitting Sarah and her sister attend :flowers:

People complain about how much is spent on these events. But this is how they raise the money. Reality the rich people have a lot of good causes they could donate to. For many, having an experience, is a draw. Not simply writing a cheque, but attending a big party and socializing. They get a night out to wine, dine and shop, and feel like they are giving something back. It's like the triathlon Beatrice just did. Yes, a local event would be cheaper and simpler, but having it more exciting and challenging, draws in more competitors and more money.

Are you guys complaining over the fact that Sarah is helping raise money for a hospital?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be willing to bet her help didn't come cheap.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be willing to bet her help didn't come cheap.

When you're putting a fundraiser together for charity, cheap isn't an option. You do what you have to do to get people to up some money for the good cause. It's why you invite celebs, CEO's, royals, etc.

It's sad that it's being reported on Sarah doing her job on behalf of charities and folks still look for room to complain.

We don't even know that Sarah and Jane were even paid to be there for this occasion. It may have been that both sisters felt it would be a wonderful way to honor their great great grandmother by supporting a cause that she did so many years ago. I would even wager my copy of Charles' "Harmony" that this is exactly what happened.

Might not have been paid but didn't pay for any expenses and maybe a couple of days holidaying somewhere

I was tootling along in a taxi this morning when the driver turned on the radio - and who was speaking?

Sarah, Duchess of York, being interviewed while still here in Sydney.

She was relating how the staff of her charity were responding to a natural disaster.

When all the other charities helping there, reached a point where their four-wheel drive vehicles couldn't get to the centre of the crisis, they turned around and went back.

The staff of Sarah's charity got out of their cars and walked in on foot to help the people in need.

Reactions: eya
:previous: Plus the usual psycho-babble--although, I admit, I hadn't thought of myself as a castle before. ;) I like Sarah for her charity work and her friendliness, but I don't like the the psychology stew she serves up all the time.

I like that she tells the truth about her life and her feelings. She's proud of her family and not afraid to talk about it.

Giving advice about children from someone who lay topless while her lover sucked her toes in front of her two little girls ...

Are you really still on that, that was twenty-four years ago. I'm not trying to be rude but there is a thing called maturity, it usually comes with age. Even if she had that scandal in 2010 Sarah has tried her best to be self-proficient. Unlike Diana she was given a large sum of money by the family. She also wasn't still a member of the royal family. I'm not trying to ruin her image but we have no idea what types of thins Diana would have done if she had not passed away.

What has what Sarah has done got anything to do with Diana ? Sarah has let her family down time after time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom