Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it's a whole royal event, it's discussed in the Ascot thread.

So... it seems to be true they are in a relationship, or at least he was her chaperon...

So... it seems to be true they are in a relationship, or at least he was her chaperon...

I think Sarah has a lot of male friends but when it boils down to the basics, its Andrew that she loves.

Yep I agree...she's publically said it more than once even in recent years.

LaRae

No idea sorry. I only know I 've read a couple of articles suggesting he and Sarah may be together!

I find that very hard to believe.

Millionaires in their thirties rarely choose women in their fifties.

But I think a friendship is much more likely...esp. if the rumors are true.

It's interesting that Sarah would zip from St. Tropez, where she was with Manuel Fernandez at the DiCaprio Foundation gala, back to England in time to do a campaign for organ donation on July 24, obviously she didn't fly and go to the hospital the same day, so she was clearly in the UK for July 23, which, incidentally, would be her 29th wedding anniversary with Prince Andrew...hmmm.

I find that very hard to believe.

Millionaires in their thirties rarely choose women in their fifties.

But I think a friendship is much more likely...esp. if the rumors are true.

Why? It is not news to see young women in a sort of relationship with older (often wealthy) men, and in the showbiz it is not unsual to see enve women in theri 40s/50s with the so called toyboys...:flowers:;)

Why? It is not news to see young women in a sort of relationship with older (often wealthy) men, and in the showbiz it is not unsual to see enve women in theri 40s/50s with the so called toyboys...:flowers:;)

True, but something tells me it's not a genuine romance.
But it's possible I'm wrong; time will tell. :flowers:

There's nothing wrong with having good buddies and pals and friends and people you just like spending time with now and then. Still can't figure out why when people see a man and a woman out together they instantly jump to the conclusion that is has to be romantic and headed for the altar.

I know Osipi and agree totally with you. Is so difficult to a man and woman to be only friends and going out together? But of course in the other hand when you are Sara is selling more a boyfriend from just friend.

Manuel Fernandez isn't in his thirties, he's 48, according to the Daily Mail.

They must be in some kind of relationship more than friendship if they show up to all these events together (I think).

Then again, Sarah also does things with Andrew (she was at a table with Andrew at a happy birthday dinner for Sir Patrick Stewart after Andrew's Huddersfield College inauguration, according to Twitter).

Hard to say, but I think Sarah still loves Andrew.

I think the amazing close relationship after the divorce of Andy and Sarah is pretty much a given that people can and do live happy, good lives without having a romantic relationship, marriage or any kind of relationship with a commitment to another person. For some people, their single status is the best way to go through life.

The Sun reports that Sarah has moved her furniture and belongings out of Royal Lodge to the chalet she co-owns in Verbier, Switzerland, as her formal base. She will maintain a London home and a room at Royal Lodge for family occassions. Her spokesman confirmed the move, saying this demonstrates that Sarah is living as more of an "independent unit".

Source: The Sun

I think that's very brave of her. People tend to get complacent. They take the road of least resistance. It would have been easy for her to continue to rely on Andrew for room and board, and perhaps companionship . For her to "move on" without being forced shows a lot of growth. I think her new beau has been a good influence on her.

She's still not really independent, though. It was bought as a family home, not a home of her own. Still, it's progress. Perhaps her new businesses are making money!

Last edited:
What would make her pack up and move all the way to Switzerland?

After almost 20 years divorce its about time i think to move.

Perhaps Sarah enjoys the environment around the chalet and wants to make it home. I don't see where moving into the family home as a main residence but also having rooms at Royal Lodge and whatnot would make any kind of statement against any kind of relationship she now has with Andrew or anyone. Its just a decision to take up housekeeping somewhere else.

If I'm not mistaken, Sarah has always loved Verbiers and has spent quite a bit of time there over the years. Another angle that occurred to me and I am nowhere near competent when it comes to money matters but perhaps with her businesses ranging world wide, she finds it prudent to use the Swiss bank?

The Sun reports that Sarah has moved her furniture and belongings out of Royal Lodge to the chalet she co-owns in Verbier, Switzerland, as her formal base. She will maintain a London home and a room at Royal Lodge for family occassions. Her spokesman confirmed the move, saying this demonstrates that Sarah is living as more of an "independent unit".

Source: The Sun

I don't see anything independent about it.
She's still living off Andrew.

[...] If I'm not mistaken, Sarah has always loved Verbiers and has spent quite a bit of time there over the years. [...]

It is Verbier. The place really is duller-than-dull. It is an unattractive congestion of wintersport chalets. THE unique selling point of Verbier are the perfect snow slopes but that is it. Off all places Ms Ferguson could choose in Switzerland she has chosen the dullest possible choice in my humble opinion.

In summer 75% of Verbier is 'dead', with all these chalets empty. In winter the original 1.500 inhabitants explode to some 35.000 wintersport tourists. By the way: the Swiss banking system has lifted the famous banking secret after immense pressure from the EU which no longer accepts that their citizens escape taxation by hiding their wealth in non-EU memberstate Switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom