Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that her walk was very good, except for the arm-waving; and I think that she looked great. One thing that bothered me when Sarah was in the BRF was that she'd ruin the look of a beautiful ball gown or cocktail dress by the way she walked. She just wasn't 'ladylike'. However, she's pretty much in control of her body here. I like it.:flowers:

Yep, she used to walk as if she was making her way through a barnyard .... not good. This was better, at least she didn't fall.

Like the dress and yep her walk was better pity about the arms and faces she continues to pull which really doesn't look good at all on anyone.

I don't like the funny faces and arm waving, but that's Sarah; that's the way she is. I think it would have been worse if she'd tried to walk the way the other models were walking.

I don't like the funny faces and arm waving, but that's Sarah; that's the way she is. I think it would have been worse if she'd tried to walk the way the other models were walking.

I don't think Sarah in any way, shape or form was trying to emulate professional models. It was for a charity and she contributed doing what Sarah does best. Being Sarah. I imagine it really lightened the mood quite a bit watching her. Girl has guts. :D

Many of the participants are not models and many do their walk as a fun send up. There is a lot of over the top behavior - so Sarah is just one of the herd.

Great discussion. I'm glad to see Sarah looking so fabulous. I think there has always been a lot more to her than people know.

I'm dead curious to find out what Sarah's actual "title" is. She goes by both her maiden name and Duchess of York. I"m assuming she has the right to continue to call herself the latter, but minus the "Her Royal Highness" which she would have used during her marriage. Yes?

Lots of divorced women continue to use their ex-husband's surname, but the divorced wife of a Royal is different and I've always wondered what, if any, rules there are about it.

:previous:Her official name is "Sarah, Duchess of York", in the same way that The Princess of Wales became "Diana, Princess of Wales" after her divorce. Sarah allows people to call her The Duchess of York, but this is incorrect.

:previous:Her official name is "Sarah, Duchess of York", in the same way that The Princess of Wales became "Diana, Princess of Wales" after her divorce. Sarah allows people to call her The Duchess of York, but this is incorrect.

Ah, I see the difference. Interesting.

If Prince Andrew remarried (not likely I know) I wondered if the title "The Duchess of York" would be used by his new wife or if, like the Duchess of Cornwall, a different title would be found for her.

Ah, I see the difference. Interesting.

If Prince Andrew remarried (not likely I know) I wondered if the title "The Duchess of York" would be used by his new wife or if, like the Duchess of Cornwall, a different title would be found for her.

If Andrew was to remarry, his wife's title would be The Duchess of York. Another title she could go by but probably wouldn't would be The Princess Andrew. The use of an ex wife's first name such as Sarah, Duchess of York or Diana, Princess of Wales denotes that they were "A" Duchess of York or "A" Princess of Wales at one time due to marriage.

If Andrew was to remarry, his wife's title would be The Duchess of York. Another title she could go by but probably wouldn't would be The Princess Andrew. The use of an ex wife's first name such as Sarah, Duchess of York or Diana, Princess of Wales denotes that they were "A" Duchess of York or "A" Princess of Wales at one time due to marriage.

Thanks!:)

Sarah looked drop dead gorgeous at the Fashion for Relief catwalk show. It is a relaxed, light hearted show and nobody, not even the event's founder Naomi Campbell, does the serious runway walk. It's all for charity and all for fun. How anyone can criticize Sarah is beyond me.

Thanks for the links Kitty and Ice Flower

Looks like Sarah has had a few years living in luxury in Windsor Great Park...
keeping a low profile... communing with nature... watching her weight...

Now she is back on the social scene... looking gorgeous it must be said...
ready to attend events... support charities... fly to New York every month to
see Eugenie...

Looks like we will see a lot of Fergie in 2015 , lots of photo shoots, lots
of TV interviews

As her greatest fan......I for one ... wont be complaining !

It must be said, were she and Andrew to re-marry, I think it would settle down Andrew's problems. :sad: Yes. If there has been a real change and she can reel herself in at will, if she has really mellowed, it could be very good for all.

She is looking good but I very much doubt that she has changed in essence. Has anyone ever heard of her accepting any responsibility for the mistakes she has made? The money grabbing for access to Andrew being one of those "mistakes"? She sure skirts around it a good deal but no direct acceptance of her mistakes I think.

If Andrew ever remarries it will be to Sarah. However they don't seem to have the need to marry so they may just continue on as they are...and it seems clear to me they are together.

LaRae

She is looking good but I very much doubt that she has changed in essence. Has anyone ever heard of her accepting any responsibility for the mistakes she has made? The money grabbing for access to Andrew being one of those "mistakes"? She sure skirts around it a good deal but no direct acceptance of her mistakes I think.

The less said the better imo. :flowers: Not our business really.

Nothing we talk about here is any of our business doesn't stop us so can see why we talk about Fergie.

I think you misunderstood. :flowers: What I was saying was that in Sarah's case, she handles her PR best by saying as little as possible publicly about her perceived 'sins'. Less said the better for her, and best for her to not share as though it is our business. I was talking about from her perspective, not ours. ;)

Oh sorry I see what you meant now

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Duchess Of York Among Promoters At McCormick Place Housewares Show « CBS Chicago

Sarah selling juicers in Chicago. To me she sounds so phony when she spews out these over the top compliments about whatever - in this case, Chicago, the city.
I keep looking through the TV listings for her shopping network video that was on the net awhile ago, so far I haven't seen it - but I don't watch those channels anyway, so might have missed it.

She seems to be saying: I liked Chicago but I did not know why, now that I see the openness of the lake front I understand why I like Chicago.

McCormick Place is on the lake.

She seems to be saying: I liked Chicago but I did not know why, now that I see the openness of the lake front I understand why I like Chicago.

McCormick Place is on the lake.
If she had actually said that or something like Chicago is such a wonderful city because of... I wouldn't find the remark too over the top, but the quote is: "I actually have always put Chicago as my favorite city...." The reason the remark really stood out is because I doubt that many who live in the US or in Britain would call Chicago their favorite city (meaning no disrespect to Chicagoans, I'm sure it is a lovely if breezy city) - but I'm west coast bred and born, thus perhaps my left coast bias is showing.

This is here quote from the article.

“I actually have always put Chicago as my favorite city. And as I was driving over here today I understood why now. It’s because of the lake and the sense of freedom,” said Sarah, the Duchess of York. “And Chicago gives me a sense of freedom and I like the rivers going through. And it gives me that.”

Chicago has a great lake front and some people are taken back when they see it. Quite a few people have changed their view of Chicago once they see our lake front.

Last edited:
Sarah has kept the weight off very admirably - which anyone whose struggled with their weight can attest - is no easy feat. She's worn that dress, from Safiyaa London, several times in the past and while I don't think it's the perfect colour for her complexion and hair (imagine if it was a jewel purple or a midnight blue - it would be fabulous) - for Sarah it is a triumph.

However, her skin is looking absolutely atrocious and far older than her 56 years, all those years of sunbathing and smoking have taken their toll.

Sorry for this sillt question, but can this appearance be considered as a current event? Just asking...

:previous:

As Sarah does not do any official events, all news about her is a current event (there is no need for her to have separate threads for 'current' and 'general' news like other royals).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom