Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been my opinion for awhile that Andrew shelters her.

I never really got that; Andrew was quite attractive when he was young, and I just don't know what he saw in Fergie.

She treated him terrbly, repeatedly humiliating him in public, yet he seems quite forgiving.

And really, to say she regrets not fighting for their marriage? All she had to do was stay faithful to him, and she couldn't seem to manage that.

(Recently came across the book by Starkie, and it paints a horrendous picture!)

I never really got that; Andrew was quite attractive when he was young, and I just don't know what he saw in Fergie.

She treated him terrbly, repeatedly humiliating him in public, yet he seems quite forgiving.

And really, to say she regrets not fighting for their marriage? All she had to do was stay faithful to him, and she couldn't seem to manage that.

From what I understand, Andrew and Sarah don't live in the past. They've gone through their ups and downs but they have moved on from all of that. They raised two beautiful daughters, they are friends and they love each other. Love and friendship is what has carried them through.

From what I understand, Andrew and Sarah don't live in the past. They've gone through their ups and downs but they have moved on from all of that. They raised two beautiful daughters, they are friends and they love each other. Love and friendship is what has carried them through.

It's one thing to not live in the past, and another to be a doormat!

If someone treated me with such a blatant lack of respect, I would tend to avoid that toxic person and not be a glutton for punishment.

:previous:
Robert Jobson said on Twitter that Prince Andrew asked Sarah to be there. Perhaps that's not an official 'invite,' but I'm sure he did want her to be there.

She shows up in a video of the event, too: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http:...yals-pitch-at-palace.cnn.html&h=IAQESWujZ&s=1

Edited to add: Robert Jobson wrote an article about Sarah's presence at St. James's Palace: Fergie is back at Andrew’s side in new sign of her return to royal fold - UK - News - London Evening Standard

:previous:This. Sarah has never struck me as the sharpest knife in the drawer, and Andrew hasn't either frankly. But Sarah is not dumb enough to horn in on an official event unless she is quite certain that Andrew would welcome her presence....and according to the article that's exactly what he did.

If someone treated me with such a blatant lack of respect, I would tend to avoid that toxic person and not be a glutton for punishment.

They both went through things and made some mistakes along the way. Andrew and Sarah chose not to remain hurt, bitter and angry about what happened in the early 90's. They chose to remain close and be parents to their children and they've kept the family together. Their friendship has always been strong, despite what went down back in the day. Not all couples are the same. Some couples split and can't stand the sight of each other and some remain friendly and do what's best for their family. Andrew and Sarah did what was best for them and their family. I think people should respect that.

Sarah was attending an event with Beatrice and Eugene and somehow managed to wander into the Duke's event at St. James' palace. I honestly wonder whether Andrew and Sarah are "testing the waters" to see how the public would react to seeing them together more often and in a more official capacity.:flowers:

Wow, now that was very well said and I sure do agree with you. I finally learned that lesson in life and it feels so darn good to be able to stand on my own 2 feet and say the he...ll with you finally. Respect is not a given in life and forgiveness can be done and then move one and let go!:flowers: When they first married, I was so gun hoe on them, she was such a beautiful bride, that hair, those eyes, and that handsome prince on her arm........toe sucking did it for me big time........and then trying to sell his friendship for money......done....now just how many times does a person have to be forgiven in life as they continue to do the same thing all over again and again and again...she just doesn't learn. Time for someone to cut the cord, apron strings and let her sink or swim so that she grows up.
Tough Love comes to mind.....

Some couples split and can't stand the sight of each other and some remain friendly and do what's best for their family. Andrew and Sarah did what was best for them and their family. I think people should respect that.

I could never respect that.

It's disgraceful for people to lambast Sarah and/or Andrew for having the guts, maturity and good nature to get along, exceptionally well, after their divorce.

That is something they should always be commended for. Whatever their failings, they are the epitome of what a divorced couple can be.

Sarah tweeted to Andrew that she was attending Pitch at Palace prior to the event and that she was looking forward to it. She was welcome to the event. Simple as that.

It's disgraceful for people to lambast Sarah and/or Andrew for having the guts, maturity and good nature to get along, exceptionally well, after their divorce.

That is something they should always be commended for. Whatever their failings, they are the epitome of what a divorced couple can be.

Well said! In the end it is about the welvare of the children and not about them.
A friend of mine and her boyfriend both have children from previous mariages. The daughter of the boyfriend indicated that she wanted to live with her father and my friend. The mother could be heard screaming through the phone, thst if she did she would never be welcome home again. The daughter stayed by her decision and wasn't even allowed to take her stuff, she's 14!
How on earth is such a situation preferable to two adults like S&A who put aside their differences and focussed on the welvare of their girls?!?

:previous:I do understand where your coming from and the mother that did that to her daughter should be very ashamed of herself...now, Beatrice and Eugenie are both adults now and live in the real world, neither parent be it Sarah or Andrew should be to worried about their feelings at this point. These young girls are much more mature then either of their parents, and these girls have made wiser decisions and choices then their mother has that is for sure. I think Sarah needs some type of help, a therapist or a doctor who consuls women that go through a divorce and have regrets. She has shown by her actions to be, how to say, mental unbalanced at times, she goes on what feels good at the moment without really thinking through her behavior and decisions. She very much does things on impulse and always ends up regretting what she did. Andrew has made some really horrible decisions also, the fact he was photographed with a young girl who was under age and with men who promoted/sold/sex with young girls..........yikes.....he has daughters, what was he thinking. I question how either B/E survived their parents for they grew into beautiful girls that are making choices today that they don't have to be ashamed of where as their parents choices will live with them the rest of their lives. I would like to think that the family/firm had a hand somewhere guiding these girls while their parents where doing their own thing and making mistakes after mistake without anyone taking them to task for what they were doing. Both girls are much more mature then their parents and they seem like the caretakers/enablers of their parents. :)

Yes, Starkie's book was interesting for many reasons, particularly the chaos of her home with John Bryant that Starkie describes which her daughters experienced or her using her daughters to cajole Starkie.
I for one believe that how you conduct yourself is as important a lesson for your children as what you tell them. Looking at Sarah's body of work over her lifetime she seems to have an addiction to living beyond her means.
My original question when I linked the article was not whether Andrew was ok with her being @ the event - clearly he was, but why did she leave before the photos (btw the link to the video of her arriving has been closed) and why did it have to be unofficial? And since it was an unofficial tagging along with her daughters why leak it to the press @ all? It just seems so odd.
With earlier reports that Sarah hoped to move out of Andrew's home within two years and reports that she once again is going to try to go into business I wonder if she hopes to highlight her royal connections to give her future business a boost. It seems that for the last several years Sarah only gets press attention when she is in the company of Andrew or her daughters.

My original question when I linked the article was not whether Andrew was ok with her being @ the event - clearly he was, but why did she leave before the photos (btw the link to the video of her arriving has been closed) and why did it have to be unofficial? And since it was an unofficial tagging along with her daughters why leak it to the press @ all? It just seems so odd.

Do you mean this video link? It works for me:
British Royals open palaces to start ups - CNN.com Video

Robert Jobson was the one who reported on Sarah being there. He was at the event himself, as far as I could tell from Twitter, so he may have just seen her there.

I don't think this is a Camilla-like PR stunt to get the public to accept Sarah again. I think it's a combination of Andrew's office being aware that he and Sarah are close and involved in each other's work, and them genuinely wanting to support each other, so that Andrew's office is supporting them working together.

I did see something on Twitter about a TV show for Sarah called 'Duchess Discoveries" in which she markets kitchenware...that may be part of her new business plans.

It's quite tricky because I don't think Sarah is cut out to be a businesswoman (without using her royal connections), but I'm sure she doesn't want to be seen as riding on Andrew's coattails forever. Hopefully they can arrive at some kind of compromise.

No - the video before the edit to add link.
Robert Jobson said on Twitter that Prince Andrew asked Sarah to be there. Perhaps that's not an official 'invite,' but I'm sure he did want her to be there.

She shows up in a video of the event, too: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fvideo%2Fdata%2F2.0%2Fvideo%2Fworld%2F2014%2F11%2F06%2Fpkg-dos-santos-uk-royals-pitch-at-palace.cnn.html&h=IAQESWujZ&s=1

Edited to add: Robert Jobson wrote an article about Sarah's presence at St. James's Palace: Fergie is back at Andrew’s side in new sign of her return to royal fold - UK - News - London Evening Standard
I see her briefly midway in the CNN video linked in the post above, although as her daughters where there I wonder why they aren't featured as well. Were there photos of the girls featured in the press at all? They were there supporting their father and all we read about is his ex wife's unofficial presence

Last edited:
It's quite tricky because I don't think Sarah is cut out to be a businesswoman (without using her royal connections), but I'm sure she doesn't want to be seen as riding on Andrew's coattails forever. Hopefully they can arrive at some kind of compromise.

I also don't think that Sarah has the acumen to run a successful business on her own. What she would need is a well trained staff to direct the money flow and to be able to tell Sarah "no" when she'd want to dip into the funds.

I just don't think that the title Sarah, Duchess of York will ever carry any weight when trying to market anything. It might have worked years ago but in today's climate, its reached its sell by date.

No - the video before the edit to add link.

I see her briefly midway in the CNN video linked in the post above, although as her daughters where there I wonder why they aren't featured as well. Were there photos of the girls featured in the press at all? They were there supporting their father and all we read about is his ex wife's unofficial presence

Sorry about that video, I posted the wrong link the first time. It was the same CNN video...the new link is the right one.

I did see a photo of Eugenie at the event on Twitter, but I think the reason Sarah is in the news is because a royal reporter (Robert Jobson) saw her there and decided to make a story out of it.

Before the financial crash, wasn't Sarah suppose to sell kitchenware thru her company Hartmoor? Is she moving forward with that? How can she hope to sell a "NEW" diet? She is so recognizable for Weight Watchers.

As for the Beatrice and Eugenie being well raised, yes they are! The four nannies that were employed by the Duke of York at the time raised them. He was in the Navy and she was trying to be in the jet set. Remember how she used to go from party to party. Sarah has tried to rewrite history on this subject too. That explains why they are so well-adjusted.

:previous: I certainly wish Sarah all the best in this latest venture. She seems to be a creative person.:flowers:

Sarah has written another children's book entitled Fergie's Farm, is looking for a publisher and has set up a company to manage e-books, apps and games related to the book.

Source: So, Fergie, how DO you top Budgie the Helicopter: Duchess of York revives writing career with new book 'Fergie's Farm' | Daily Mail Online

I hate to sound pessimistic but isn't setting up for e-books, apps and games a bit like putting the cart before the horse? Children's authors are pretty much a dime a dozen and I think it would take something extraordinarily special and different to really cause a book to generate the interest that games and apps and such would stem from. Not everyone is a J.K. Rowling.

Sarah has written another children's book entitled Fergie's Farm, is looking for a publisher and has set up a company to manage e-books, apps and games related to the book.

Source: So, Fergie, how DO you top Budgie the Helicopter: Duchess of York revives writing career with new book 'Fergie's Farm' | Daily Mail Online

I thought she disliked the nickname Fergie, didn't she say it was a press invention much like Princess Di. In "Fergie's Farm" if she names the pig Duchess of Pork, then I know we are being trolled.

I thought she disliked the nickname Fergie, didn't she say it was a press invention much like Princess Di. In "Fergie's Farm" if she names the pig Duchess of Pork, then I know we are being trolled.

All I know is that when I heard the name "Fergie's Farm" and that she was planning on apps and ebooks and games, the first thing that popped into my mind is the game Farmville popular on social media.

All I know is that when I heard the name "Fergie's Farm" and that she was planning on apps and ebooks and games, the first thing that popped into my mind is the game Farmville popular on social media.

Well, her previous publishing efforts were all very derivative, weren't they?
I know she was accused of plagiarism for those Budgie books, but I guess she didn't get sued since she was still a member of the RF then.

:previous: I'm going to defend Sarah on this one. She took pilot lessons because she wanted to be able to talk knowledgeably to Andrew about his work. Quite possibly she wasn't aware of the other books and simply wanted to write children's stories about a helicopter. I seem to remember seeing a video clip from the 80s, in which she called Andrew but a pet name, "Budgie." Perhaps it was that documentary made before their wedding? That made me think that perhaps Budgie the Helicopter was a tribute to Andrew.

You are probably right, but saying you weren't aware of previous similar books isn't much of a defense against plagiarism...

Besides, that wasn't the only time; I know a writer named Hanson accused her of copying some project of his that featured talking vegetables, and her version had to be abandoned.

I'm surprised any publishers are still willing to take a chance on her books.

I'm surprised any publishers are still willing to take a chance on her books.

I really am too. In today's market I think Sarah would have to have come up with something totally unique to make any kinds of inroads in the children's market of today.

Perhaps it is her own company set up to do all this from publishing to marketing etc? I wish her well and good luck to her. I think she's gonna need it.

I think she is very very lost and still floundering around trying to find her way in life.....I see that since her divorce she is totally lost and miserable, just not able to get herself together....I see that and know that......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom