The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sarah and Andrew have always been in love with each other, very good friends and good parents. No matter what, I don't see them moving on from each other.
I agree. I think the both of them are pretty happy with the way things are now. It works well for them and I don't think they will change it.

There is one possible reason that I can see them remarrying in the future though. It would be to ensure that Sarah is well cared for as The Duchess of York after Andrew's death. Even with this reason, there's nothing stopping Andrew from naming Sarah as his benefactress in his will.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
?...The Daily Mail article mentions that Sarah wants to be 'financially independent' of Andrew within two years...
Sarah wants to, or has Andrew given her a deadline? If they're 'bestest' (her word) friends as she claims and the house is huge and can easily accommodate them both then why the need for her to move out at all? Much as I'm not much of an Andrew fan, he's been a very patient and forgiving gentleman towards his ex wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree. I think the both of them are pretty happy with the way things are now. It works well for them and I don't think they will change it.

There is one possible reason that I can see them remarrying in the future though. It would be to ensure that Sarah is well cared for as The Duchess of York after Andrew's death. Even with this reason, there's nothing stopping Andrew from naming Sarah as his benefactress in his will.
Hopefully he'd set up some sort of trust for her if necessary and leave the lion's share of his assets to their daughters, otherwise I fear Sarah would spend every cent leaving nothing for the girls from their father.
Who actually paid for the $50,000 Windsor birthday/charity anniversary dinner - Andrew (as some reported) or the Charity - might give us a hint as to his true feelings towards her.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Sarah wants to, or has Andrew given her a deadline? If they're 'bestest' (her word) friends as she claims and the house is huge and can easily accommodate them both then why the need for her to move out at all? Much as I'm not much of an Andrew fan, he's been a very patient and forgiving gentleman towards his ex wife.

Hopefully he'd set up some sort of trust for her if necessary and leave the lion's share of his assets to their daughters, otherwise I fear Sarah would spend every cent leaving nothing for the girls from their father.
Who actually paid for the $50,000 Windsor birthday/charity anniversary dinner - Andrew (as some reported) or the Charity - might give us a hint as to his true feelings towards her.
I read an interview once where Sarah said she felt bad about her financial problems and living in Andrew's home. I think this was before the cash-for-access sting. She said something like, "We're divorced - he has to have his own life too. I want to get to a point where I can move out again."

I don't know where the interview is now, although I could probably find it - I *think* it's in a Hello! 50th birthday interview with Sarah.

On the other hand, I also saw a video interview with Andrew from a year or two ago where he said, "It's entirely Sarah's decision whether she stays or leaves."

Also, Andrew does not seem like the 'type' to give Sarah an ultimatum. I think that Sarah is setting the deadline because she wants to be a successful businesswoman, but more than that, I think she wants Andrew and his family to see her as a potential Duchess again. The two things are a bit incompatible and she might not recognize that, but I think she wants to prove that she has good judgment and can handle royal life again. I could be wrong, but I've read excerpts from her 2011 book, Finding Sarah, and it pretty much sounds like Sarah was hoping to remarry Andrew someday.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah has shown terrible judgement in most of her life decisions for at least thirty years so I, for one, won't be holding my breath for an improvement as she heads towards her sixties.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post

I think he's given her a two year deadline since he's tired of supporting her all the time. Truth be told, he should have ordered her to move out a long time ago and moved on romantically, or at least dated around and enjoyed life as a single man about town, or kept to himself.

After all her peccadilloes, she has no business expecting her ex-husband to support her. He needs to have a life of his own and so do his daughters.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I think he's given her a two year deadline since he's tired of supporting her all the time. Truth be told, he should have ordered her to move out a long time ago and moved on romantically, or at least dated around and enjoyed life as a single man about town, or kept to himself.

After all her peccadilloes, she has no business expecting her ex-husband to support her. He needs to have a life of his own and so do his daughters.
I really agree with you, I think Sarah is playing the victim here and is manipulating her ex and daughters into giving her what she wants, I know someone like that, and the purse strings have been cut long ago, time to stand on your own 2 feet and grow up. Sarah seems very needy and insecure so this makes everyone around her feel sorry for her, so the enable her....Andrew and the girls are just to scared to let her fall and get up and make it on her own.........very dysfunctional family there.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:56 AM
Majesty

I think we have to accept that Andrew will move on if and when he is ready and, given the time since the divorce, it is becoming less and less likely that he will. That they have been repeatedly spotted dining a deux by candlelight, caused rampant speculation. It used to be "News" but these days it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

It takes two to maintain the sort of relationship that Andrew and Sarah have and I do not think she is in his life by default. That he somehow lacks the spine to get shot of her because if popular gossip to be believed and the DofE feels as strongly as he does about her, then you had better believe she would have been long gone. Except she isn't, and they continue to have one of the happiest relationships, one that has stood the test of time.of
Old 10-26-2014, 04:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Maybe; however, the Queen is said to be very indulgent of Andrew.
I don't think Charles will be.

Why would POW care? After his jacked up love life I don't see him interfering with his brother's marriage.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 10-26-2014, 05:22 AM
Majesty

While time tempers events I cannot see Charles ever giving Andrew a hard time over Sarah. Hell, the Queen even invited her to use Windsor for one of Sarah's Charity events this year.

Most people grow, mellow, wise up and chill out with age and I have seen nothing of Charles that would indicate anything else. However, many of us have remarked that Princess Beatrice has a wonderful smile and, when photographed, is mostly smiling. However, a lot of people have forgotten that Beatrice's smile is a female version of her Dad's smile when he was young.

While he seems relatively relaxed when around his family, his spontaneous grin seems to have gone on permanent furlough and he rarely even smiles anymore, even when he knows he is being photographed.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sarah and Andrew have always been in love with each other, very good friends and good parents. No matter what, I don't see them moving on from each other.

That's a very romantic view, and it would be nice if true.

I just don't buy it because I don't believe Fergie cares about anyone except herself.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Majesty

While I do think that Sarah is prone to being impetuous, and is apt to land herself in a heap of trouble sometimes and ends up with lots of 'splainin to do, being manipulative, self serving and controlling are just not attributes that I would apply to her. She may try to be those negative qualities but that's where things end up going wrong for her and her world crashes.

I do believe that the relationship between Sarah and Andrew and their children is the genuine article. Whether or not they'll marry again isn't really an issue in my book. What they have works. It is pretty obvious that the royal family isn't ready to feed her to the wolves but actually the opposite. Sarah may still be struggling to achieve financial independence and stability but she's got one hell of a safety net under her should she not succeed.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens and time goes by.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-26-2014, 10:40 PM
Commoner

I read something after William got married. There was all of the good PR for this event and Andrew took note. He was supposedly trying to find someone at the time. Maybe he has. I hope so! No woman is going to marry Andrew and move to Royal Lodge if Sarah is there. That would explain the Queen helping to rehabilitate Sarah's reputation. She would want her son to be happy and so the family has to move Sarah out, so that someone else can be the Duchess.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the chances of Sarah and Andrew moving apart and finding new partners at this point in their lives is slim. Whatever relationship they have- it seems to be working for them and their family. There's no real reason to change the status quo unless they want to
Old 10-26-2014, 11:06 PM
Commoner

But maybe Andrew wants to!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynderella View Post
But maybe Andrew wants to!
If he wanted to, probably he would have done so. There's nothing actually preventing him from it.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
While I do think that Sarah is prone to being impetuous, and is apt to land herself in a heap of trouble sometimes and ends up with lots of 'splainin to do, being manipulative, self serving and controlling are just not attributes that I would apply to her. She may try to be those negative qualities but that's where things end up going wrong for her and her world crashes.

I do believe that the relationship between Sarah and Andrew and their children is the genuine article. Whether or not they'll marry again isn't really an issue in my book. What they have works. It is pretty obvious that the royal family isn't ready to feed her to the wolves but actually the opposite. Sarah may still be struggling to achieve financial independence and stability but she's got one hell of a safety net under her should she not succeed.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens and time goes by.
I completely agree. The divorce between Andrew and Sarah apparently really was "just a piece of paper" as Sarah once insisted. And regardless of the damage they inflicted on one another, they did not allow it to affect their children. They kept their family unit intact and the result is that Beatrice and Eugenie seem wonderfully confident and free of neuroses.

Whether or not they remarry is kind of beside the point now. They Yorks have demonstrated that their family is unbreakable, and I do admire them for that.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
If he wanted to, probably he would have done so. There's nothing actually preventing him from it.
I don't think Andrew wants to move on either, he could have done so in the 18-19 years since he and Sarah divorced.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

He was again the 5th wheel for the last State Dinner. Does he like this situation ??
Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
He was again the 5th wheel for the last State Dinner. Does he like this situation ??
I really don't think Andrew saw himself as the fifth wheel for this state dinner. I would wager to guess that his invitation stemmed from Andrew having previous dealings with Singapore in his trade relations role. This is just my take on it so don't quote me on it. He may or may not have had dealings with Singapore before but I would wager my last slice of bacon here he has.
― John Lennon
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I completely agree. The divorce between Andrew and Sarah apparently really was "just a piece of paper" as Sarah once insisted. And regardless of the damage they inflicted on one another, they did not allow it to affect their children. They kept their family unit intact and the result is that Beatrice and Eugenie seem wonderfully confident and free of neuroses.

Whether or not they remarry is kind of beside the point now. They Yorks have demonstrated that their family is unbreakable, and I do admire them for that.
That little piece of paper probably is what saved their relationship. Sarah really wasn't overly fond of working for the Firm, doing duties and appearances and to be honest, after the press turned on her with that "Duchess of Pork" stuff, I wouldn't want to venture out much either. She resented the men in grey pushing her this way and that way and with Andrew gone and in the Navy so much, Sarah was totally unhappy. I've always said that absence makes the heart grow fonder or makes the heart go wander. Wander, I think, it was for Sarah and Andrew at that point in time and the best solution was a divorce.

This got Sarah away from responsibilities to the Firm and those dreaded men in grey, left her free to do other things and most importantly, focus on raising her daughters. With resolving to keep the family unit intact, Andrew and Sarah built on the good aspects of their relationship and they've formed a mutual admiration society for each other. Whether or not they are still romantically inclined is their private business and I'm not even going to speculate on that.

It most definitely is the happiest divorce on earth though in my book.

― John Lennon