The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Majesty

To bring this thread back on track (), I haven't seen any news of the party for Children in Crisis at Windsor Castle. I'd have thought there'd be reports and pictures, but I haven't seen anything.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

I found a press release about the event: Press Release: HRH The Duke of York hosts a 21st anniversary dinner for Children in Crisis | Children in Crisis

I thought that surely the Daily Mail would have had some photos! But I guess Windsor Castle is a fairly private venue.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Majesty

Thank you for this, rmay286! It's nice to see the Duke supporting his ex-wife's charity in this way. Their relationship is fascinating to watch. I hope that Beatrice and Eugenie continue this work in the years ahead, when/if Sarah is unable to. (I'd have thought there'd be a photographer at the entrance to Windsor Castle as the cars arrived.)
Old 10-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Courtier

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: New York beckons for 'Air Miles Fergie' as she prepares to spend more time with daughter Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

I certainly hope the last rather vague sentence of the article about Sarah wanting to get involved with Eugenie's employer is incorrect, since as far as I know Sarah knows nothing about art. If Sarah enjoys spending time with her daughter and flies to New York to do so that's great, she just needs to leave her daughter's career alone, IMO.
If Sarah wants to work on resurrecting her own business situation that's one thing, but IMO she shouldn't be trying to capitalize on or use any successes her daughters have for her own agenda.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Sarah worked for an art gallery and an art-book publisher in the '80s. I can't find the exact names of the businesses, but I'm sure someone else here knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: New York beckons for 'Air Miles Fergie' as she prepares to spend more time with daughter Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

I certainly hope the last rather vague sentence of the article about Sarah wanting to get involved with Eugenie's employer is incorrect, since as far as I know Sarah knows nothing about art.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Sarah worked for an art gallery and an art-book publisher in the '80s. I can't find the exact names of the businesses, but I'm sure someone else here knows.
I didn't know that - found this old article which references the publishing job and her work on a book on impressionists, which apparently she kept for a bit into her marriage
Now Playing at the Palace... - friendship, The British Royals, Princess Diana, Sarah Ferguson : People.com
Old 10-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Aristocracy

Fergie Rebranded (and down 4 stone!):

Fergie rebranded and back on speakers with the Queen* | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-22-2014, 01:02 AM
Courtier

I'm not sure how Sarah is going to sell weight loss food when she lost the weight living in a Villa drinking specially blended tea with all meals fixed by a chef. How stupid does she think people are? Every one of her ventures has ended up badly because she put's her hand in the cookie jar. She has two charities left cause others she started got shutdown with at least one under investigation. She is living off her ex husband and has a goal of being independent within 2 years? Sarah likes playing Royal way too much she loves the perks staying with Andrew gives her and I don't see these two marrying again she wants the perks but not the work that goes with them that hasn't changed. I hope she stays away from Eugenie's work she needs no help from her mother and from what I remember of Sarah and her "career" she was very bad at her job and even admitted it she was a secretary and managed to stuff that up. How is she affording to go to the States every month but she can't afford her own place to live? Until she starts fending for herself and not living off her ex husband no one is going to respect her there is nothing to respect.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Somebody did The publisher was BCK Graphic Arts, a Swiss based fine-art publisher. Can't find anything about any art gallery Sarah might have worked for.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
How is she affording to go to the States every month but she can't afford her own place to live?

Andrew must be funding her, since it isn't so long ago she declared bankruptcy.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Andrew must be funding her, since it isn't so long ago she declared bankruptcy.
She never legally declared bankruptcy. She did run up huge debts (the excuse for the fake sheik deal) which Andrew and friends had to bail her out of. In settling her massive debts many creditors and staff agreed to accept pennies for the dollars she owed them to enable her to avoid legally declaring bankruptcy.
Prior to the most recent debacle she also ran up huge debts during her separation and following her divorce, which where ultimately dealt with, perhaps in part by her weight watchers contract money and perhaps proceeds from her books (Sarah's version of events,) and of course I assume that she charged appearance fees for speaking engagements then - as she does now. One biography which I read by a former business associate of hers from the first financial melt down suggests that she skirted many of her obligations and left her 'partners' holding the bag back then.
She spends her time with ridiculously wealthy friends (some would call them Eurotrash) and thus I don't think she really recognizes that money doesn't rain from heaven when she needs it - who can forget her vague, blank replies when Oprah had Suze Orman try to talk to her about finance on that docudrama a couple of years ago?
On OWN’s ‘Finding Sarah,’ getting to the roots of a royal’s pain - The Washington Post
Old 10-23-2014, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

I also think that Sarah is very delusional, she has no sense of what the real world is like, even with all her troubles she still seems to think that everything will be handed to her and it's her due...........enablers are taking care of her and until she grows up, she will always be the same way, sad!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Majesty

The sooner Sarah goes out and makes a bundle of cash, the sooner she can stop dropping hints about getting back together with the Duke of York.

Seriously...that's the only time she seems to want to cling to him. When she has fallen on hard times.

It's such a sad mess. Andrew and Sarah were one of the very few of what I consider genuine love stories in the BRF. But it was all ruined due to immaturity, greed and selfishness. In their favor they did not psychologically wound their children, which is more than I can say for the Wales'.

I am not surprised that she still gets on with HM who always seemed to have a soft spot for her. I just hope the queen is not disappointed again.

And Sarah is looking great, btw.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I have always thought that after HM and DoE are gone, Fergie and Andrew just might get back together. OK by me.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think they may well get back together too. Andrew strikes me as a rather difficult type to live with though.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I doubt they'll remarry; neither is particularly popular with the public, so I don't think Andrew can afford that (and I don't mean only financially).
Old 10-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I doubt they'll remarry; neither is particularly popular with the public, so I don't think Andrew can afford that (and I don't mean only financially).
It's for that very reason that I think they will remarry in the future. They're both quickly becoming irrelevant. The public at large is not going to care about Andrew and/or Sarah, at all, in 5-10 years time. As HRH Princess Michael of Kent said: "I'm too old to be interesting."

It will be interesting to see if Sarah develops any business going forward for herself. She was rumoured to be doing a line of flavoured teas, but who knows. She is looking great, best of luck to her I say!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe; however, the Queen is said to be very indulgent of Andrew.
I don't think Charles will be.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

I think they will be back together, and sooner than 5 years. (So Charles won't be involved in the decision at all - I think the Queen will be around for 10 years yet.) The Daily Mail article mentions that Sarah wants to be 'financially independent' of Andrew within two years...well, if she doesn't succeed, then she has to look at staying with Andrew 'permanently' because she's getting too old to start a new brand for herself again. If she DOES succeed, then she can't use 'financial reasons' as an excuse for living at Royal Lodge...so either she moves out, or she and Andrew decide that they are staying together for more than just financial reasons. So either way, Sarah and Andrew will have to make a more permanent decision about their living arrangements soon.

To me, it looks like that's what they're moving towards.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah and Andrew have always been in love with each other, very good friends and good parents. No matter what, I don't see them moving on from each other.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS