The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

Wowza. She loves those expensive vacations!

Old 08-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I didn't know they are friends!

I think both princesses and Sarah went to both the Ecclestone girls' weddings

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah was a fixture on the Formula One circuit during her relationship with Paddy McNally and has known both Bernie and Slavika Ecclestone for many years. She looked great in Croatia.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Which Waitrose or suchlike would you rather she work at?

I noticed looking at photos from the beginning of the year until now that in some she looks great and other grotesque. Then I twigged. Any photos that have video links seem to show a younger, happier, slimmer Sarah. Those without can be photoshopped to make her look haggard and old.

I guess the truth is somewhere in between but, the photos taken on holiday with no make up look pretty good to me.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Which Waitrose or suchlike would you rather she work at?

I noticed looking at photos from the beginning of the year until now that in some she looks great and other grotesque. Then I twigged. Any photos that have video links seem to show a younger, happier, slimmer Sarah. Those without can be photoshopped to make her look haggard and old.

I guess the truth is somewhere in between but, the photos taken on holiday with no make up look pretty good to me.
You know, this could be true! I saw Sarah in Toronto at the Scarborough Hospital in May, and she looked pretty good to me. Though she also looks good in photos of that event. However, I agree that she looks nice in the Croatia video, but much older in other photos and videos. It could be makeup or lighting or it could be that newspapers have deliberately chosen bad photos.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
LOL-so do I! Can't really fault her for that.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
You know, this could be true! I saw Sarah in Toronto at the Scarborough Hospital in May, and she looked pretty good to me. Though she also looks good in photos of that event. However, I agree that she looks nice in the Croatia video, but much older in other photos and videos. It could be makeup or lighting or it could be that newspapers have deliberately chosen bad photos.
I've noticed that for quite a while now: the papers seem to print mostly unflattering photos of Sarah and her daughters; i.e. Princess Beatrice is almost always pictured with her mouth and eyes wide open.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Nobility

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson lends support to family at inquest into death of Maria Stubbings | Essex Chronicle

Sarah has being in court supporting friends during an inquest into their mother's death. I'm not sure if anyone in the UK remembers reading anything about the case.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Sarah as founder and patron of Children In Crisis hosted a charity auction of exclusive Cognac liquors, as part of the La Part Des Anges (Angels Share) gala at Bassac Abbey, near Cognac, south western France on September 18, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** IBL gallery ** sudouest.fr: Cognac : la 9e édition de la Part des anges à Bassac en images **
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah looks sensational in that dress. Her waist is tiny, her hair looks glorious and the dress itself is dignified and age appropriate. Her arms have seen better days, she is truly a walking advertisement for sunscreen, she has ruined her skin with sun damage...but overall she looks wonderful. Sarah really would benefit from some good skincare and the help of a dermatologist, it hasn't hurt Princess Michael of Kent's looks!

In other Sarah news, she has registered a company called S. Phoenix Events Ltd. in Hampshire: Sarah, Duchess of York hopes events prove lucrative - Telegraph
Old 09-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Courtier

I don't think she looks good from the neck up. That dress shows off her weight loss but it isn't age apropriate. The white collar does nothing for her and simply shows off how bad her arms are. And her hair seems remarkably darker then it has in recent times which makes me think she does colour it. Her makeup is awful and sorry so is the hair. Her colouring doesn't go with the harshness of the white it is jarring not a good look for her at all. If it had been a straight black dress with her arms covered and without the high neck some good makeup and a more flattering hairstyle then she would off looked good. Sarah has not aged well she needs some better skin care and to dress more flattering.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm afraid I don't like the look of the dress she wore to the cognac do at all. I think the white, beaded, part at the top looks plain wrong with the long, black, Morticia Addams dress beneath. And the long hair is wrong with the long dress, too; it should be up, especially with a woman her age who should confirm to that sort of fashion/style propriety.

And why was she wearing evening dress if the men weren't wearing evening wear? A cocktail length black dress would have been better, I think, with a sheer black part instead of the white, beaded, part, with a sheer fabric extending down the arms to cover the flabby bits of her upper arms. I like you, Sarah, but time is marching on and at our age we all need to cover up our flabby bits.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
A cocktail length black dress would have been better, I think, with a sheer black part instead of the white, beaded, part, with a sheer fabric extending down the arms to cover the flabby bits of her upper arms. I like you, Sarah, but time is marching on and at our age we all need to cover up our flabby bits.
i agree; Sarah might like to take a leaf out of the Helen Mirren age-appropriate dress style; she always looks stunning. Not that Sarah is as old as H Mirren, of course, but H Mirren could show anyone of any age how to dress beautifully. Sarah has started to look a lot older in the last couple of years, and I think her makeup is too harsh. She has lots of good points; she just needs to highlight them.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness

A nice sheer lace short open front jacket would have been much more appropriate to wear with this gown.........this white thing, looks like something from a showgirl in Vegas would wear or a streetwalker in any city in the world would wear while peddling her wares, this is not a good thing. Time to up the ante and dress like a lady, and not show certain parts of the body regardless of where they are at.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Oh look, Sarah's wearing a doily as a capelet.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:19 AM
Royal Highness

I think Sarah look nice. The dress fits and flatters her figure. The white 'collar' look okay. Cannot tell if it is part of the dress or was placed over the dress to cover the shoulders and neck.

All the people in the photos appear to be in black, some in formal and some semi-formal wear. Sarah is dressed appropriately. Her arms may be freckled and not toned but they are flabby.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

At this Event she pronounced a speach and told about Andrew and her daughters, not very appropriate to mix the British Royals with a Cognac Auction !
Old 09-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
At this Event she pronounced a speach and told about Andrew and her daughters, not very appropriate to mix the British Royals with a Cognac Auction !
It was a charity auction that benefited Children in Crisis, Sarah's children's charity. TRH's Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are both affiliated with Children in Crisis, so speaking of them is natural.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Nobility

I didn't see this coming, Sarah has an exciting week ahead.

The Queen lets Fergie celebrate her birthday at Windsor Castle | Royal | News | Daily Express

This article doesn't tell the full story. This occasion is primarily to mark Children in Crisis 21st birthday/anniversary. Sarah mentioned it (although not the venue) in an interview in Hello at the beginning of the year. Andrew also has it listed on his facebook page. Re the guest list Harry and Cressida, possibly because of their friendship with the girls, but Edward, Sophie, Zara, Peter, I wouldn't think so. Sarah's life has been a roller coaster, but Children In Crisis has stood the test of time. Hope everyone has a lovely evening.
Off topic, just how amazing does the castle look in the sunshine ...
Old 10-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think the full story about the Windsor Castle party will ever really be known. The timing of the party cannot be a coincidence. Celebrating the 21st anniversary of a charity seems odd, the 20th, yes, the 25th, yes, but the 21st? It isn't like 21 is the age of majority in the UK and it could be construed as some sort of pun...

So far as the guest list, that too will very likely be a bit of a mystery. Peter Phillips was in Sarah's wedding party, after all...and there are several photos of Zara and Sarah in the last few years at various charity events...and when Andrew was invested into the Order of the Garter it was Sophie who Sarah stood beside and chatted with...they're all people who have been friendly with Sarah post-divorce.

It's unusual for an ex-husband to throw his ex-wife a birthday party or party celebrating the lifespan of a charity she founded. Either way it would be exceptional. And exceptional is the word that always comes to mind when discussing the Yorks: an utterly admirable relationship between Andrew and Sarah, whatever goes on behind closed doors, and their delightful daughters have reaped the benefits of this relationship and, I imagine, so have they.

I hope they all have a ball. And I hope that Sarah, at 55, can look back at the life she's lived, and smile.