The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Are you guys complaining over the fact that Sarah is helping raise money for a hospital?

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Considering it was the anniversary of the foundation being laid, and her great grandmother laid the stone, it was fitting Sarah and her sister attend

People complain about how much is spent on these events. But this is how they raise the money. Reality the rich people have a lot of good causes they could donate to. For many, having an experience, is a draw. Not simply writing a cheque, but attending a big party and socializing. They get a night out to wine, dine and shop, and feel like they are giving something back. It's like the triathlon Beatrice just did. Yes, a local event would be cheaper and simpler, but having it more exciting and challenging, draws in more competitors and more money.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Are you guys complaining over the fact that Sarah is helping raise money for a hospital?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be willing to bet her help didn't come cheap.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be willing to bet her help didn't come cheap.
When you're putting a fundraiser together for charity, cheap isn't an option. You do what you have to do to get people to up some money for the good cause. It's why you invite celebs, CEO's, royals, etc.

It's sad that it's being reported on Sarah doing her job on behalf of charities and folks still look for room to complain.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We don't even know that Sarah and Jane were even paid to be there for this occasion. It may have been that both sisters felt it would be a wonderful way to honor their great great grandmother by supporting a cause that she did so many years ago. I would even wager my copy of Charles' "Harmony" that this is exactly what happened.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Might not have been paid but didn't pay for any expenses and maybe a couple of days holidaying somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-24-2016, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness

I was tootling along in a taxi this morning when the driver turned on the radio - and who was speaking?

Sarah, Duchess of York, being interviewed while still here in Sydney.

She was relating how the staff of her charity were responding to a natural disaster.

When all the other charities helping there, reached a point where their four-wheel drive vehicles couldn't get to the centre of the crisis, they turned around and went back.

The staff of Sarah's charity got out of their cars and walked in on foot to help the people in need.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:57 AM
Majesty

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York opens up about her close bond with Prince Andrew | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-24-2016, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

[ QUOTE=eya;1934115]Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York opens up about her close bond with Prince Andrew | Daily Mail Online[/QUOTE

Same old "I'm a great mother etc "

Old 10-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Majesty

Plus the usual psycho-babble--although, I admit, I hadn't thought of myself as a castle before. I like Sarah for her charity work and her friendliness, but I don't like the the psychology stew she serves up all the time.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like that she tells the truth about her life and her feelings. She's proud of her family and not afraid to talk about it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Giving advice about children from someone who lay topless while her lover sucked her toes in front of her two little girls ...

Old 10-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Are you really still on that, that was twenty-four years ago. I'm not trying to be rude but there is a thing called maturity, it usually comes with age. Even if she had that scandal in 2010 Sarah has tried her best to be self-proficient. Unlike Diana she was given a large sum of money by the family. She also wasn't still a member of the royal family. I'm not trying to ruin her image but we have no idea what types of thins Diana would have done if she had not passed away.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

What has what Sarah has done got anything to do with Diana ? Sarah has let her family down time after time

Old 10-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
I'm not trying to ruin her image but we have no idea what types of thins Diana would have done if she had not passed away.

True, but she didn't do them, Fergie did.

I really think the York girls would make better matches and would be subject to much less criticism, had Fergie not been their mother.

But she is constantly undermining them with her antics.

If she would just lie low for awhile, they might be able to create a niche for themselves. But she keeps popping up.

Whatever happened to a quiet life in Switzerland?
Old 10-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah isn't doing anything to her family guys. All Sarah is doing is busying herself with charity work. She talks about her family when she can, but so does Andrew, Beatrice and Euegine.

Her family seems to be doing very well.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-24-2016, 07:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'd much rather hear about "the happiest divorce on earth" and how they remain as a strong family unit than hear bickering, mudslinging and discord among the York family.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I just wish, for the girls sake, that this women would just shut up.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-24-2016, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

So do I, cepe. Unfortunately every time Sarah has given interviews in the past twenty odd years the majority of the population, at least in Britain and Commonwealth countries, gives a collective groan.

Sarah does no favours to her daughters or her ex husband when she spouts off as she does, and I can't help thinking that a lot of it is to reinforce the 'I'm still relevant folks, I have Princess daughters who are HRHs and part of the BRF'. In other words, she feels it helps her commercially.

It always reminded me a bit of Priscilla Presley never changing her name and giving interviews about Elvis twenty years after his death. At least Priscilla headed a successful commercial enterprise, Elvis Co., however.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not seeing what Sarah did wrong in talking about her family. I think the very fact that the York's have remained a strong family unit (despite everything) gets under people's skin.

A.W. TOZER