Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah was among the guests at the LeCercle SGC dinner 'A Golden Affair' yesterday, April 26:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: She's got the Midas touch! Glamorous Sarah Ferguson poses alongside some VERY snappy dressers..**

That is an unspeakably ugly outfit. It makes Sarah look like she's put on three stone overnight. The green gown she wore a few events ago is an old one and it shows how much weight she's lost and kept off.

As for the comments about her skin: yes, her skin looks terrible. She has super fair skin, red hair and has a love of the outdoors and the sun. And she smokes. Her skin exhibits all the classic signs of terrible sun damage, smoking and menopause. Given the weddings that she may, or may not, be invited to it surprises me that Sarah doesn't do anything about her skin because there's an awful lot a cosmetic dermatologist could do that wouldn't have her looking strange, she'd simply look fresh.

That is an unspeakably ugly outfit. It makes Sarah look like she's put on three stone overnight. The green gown she wore a few events ago is an old one and it shows how much weight she's lost and kept off.

As for the comments about her skin: yes, her skin looks terrible. She has super fair skin, red hair and has a love of the outdoors and the sun. And she smokes. Her skin exhibits all the classic signs of terrible sun damage, smoking and menopause. Given the weddings that she may, or may not, be invited to it surprises me that Sarah doesn't do anything about her skin because there's an awful lot a cosmetic dermatologist could do that wouldn't have her looking strange, she'd simply look fresh.

I am curious about what the signs of sun damage would be in your opinion.

I am curious about what the signs of sun damage would be in your opinion.

In Sarah's skin you see a lot of uneven pigmentation (freckles, large sunspots etc), and then you see the deep grooved wrinkles around her eyebrows, across her forehead, radiating on both sides of her eyes and then the etched wrinkles on her cheeks.

And then she has redness across her forehead and her nose, with what looks like broken capillaries.

Finally, her skin is extremely dry and sunken. The collagen is severely depleted and her skin looks thin.

And in saying all this, I like Sarah. I just wish she would take better care of herself. Self care is part of the face we present to the world. And in her position, where she is photographed regularly, making more of an effort would go a long way for her.

There is chatter that Andrew and Sarah could remarry now that Prince Louis is here:

The rule that means Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew could remarry

Andrew has been knocked down to seventh in the line of succession, meaning he does not need the queen's permission to marry. I hope this is approached with some trepidation. One, they are divorced for a reason, some that may not have worked out despite the passing of time. Two, an Andrew-Sarah remarriage will resurrect the York scandals of the '80s and '90s, overshadowing Eugenie's upcoming wedding. Three, Sarah seems to want to get back into the royal fold, and coming in as HRH the Duchess of York as opposed to Sarah Duchess of York is a way to stick it to Charles.

I don't think Sarah has any desire to expose herself for more attention from the media that she would bring if she re-married Andrew.

LaRae

Why would Sarah want to be an HRH again? At this point, she can go wherever she wants to go whenever she wants to go. And if she wants to make profit off of herself, she's free to do so. If she becomes an HRH again, people would have certain expectations, and of course talk about how they are paying for her vacations.

Even if remarrying is even being thought of by Andrew and Sarah, I doubt it would happen while Philip is still alive.

Last edited:
There is chatter that Andrew and Sarah could remarry now that Prince Louis is here:

The rule that means Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew could remarry

Andrew has been knocked down to seventh in the line of succession, meaning he does not need the queen's permission to marry. I hope this is approached with some trepidation. One, they are divorced for a reason, some that may not have worked out despite the passing of time. Two, an Andrew-Sarah remarriage will resurrect the York scandals of the '80s and '90s, overshadowing Eugenie's upcoming wedding. Three, Sarah seems to want to get back into the royal fold, and coming in as HRH the Duchess of York as opposed to Sarah Duchess of York is a way to stick it to Charles.

The main benefit to Sarah and Andrew remarrying is the legal entitlement to Royal Lodge. Andrew's lease was for 75 years and it started in 2003, so he's got another 60 years left on it, and there is a specific provision that it can be inherited by his spouse and children, otherwise it escheats back to the Crown.

Sarah may very well stay in the Swiss chalet she's so fond of. It might be left to her. I'm sure when she comes to England whoever is inhabiting Royal Lodge after Prince Andrew's demise in forty or so years, whether Beatrice or Eugenie, will allow her a room.

That would be a much simpler solution than remarriage, especially as I really don't think that Andrew is keen to remarry.

Maybe she can't see properly, or she has no Mirror at home..... Difficult to find something fitting so badly...

i agree; this gold outfit does nothing for her at all. She has to remember she's in her 50s now; that doesn't mean she can't wear fashion, she just has to be careful that the fashion she wears suits her.

I can't help but thinking that if the Duke of Edinburgh dies before the queen, Andrew will remarry Sarah, just like Charles waited till the Queen Mother's death to marry Camilla. I don't think the queen would be against it and as long as she lives and the Cambridge-kids live on as well, Andrew need not longer ask for permission. Once Charles is king, he just has to wait for either Kate or Meghan to have a new child and he need not ask permission of Charles as well. I think it will be quiet wedding and the only difference will be that Sarah is again The Duchess of York.

Why give her a second chance at something she blatantly threw away to have romantic flings in front of her children? Sarah has proven time and time again she is a loose cannon who can embarrass the RF.

I can't help but thinking that if the Duke of Edinburgh dies before the queen, Andrew will remarry Sarah, just like Charles waited till the Queen Mother's death to marry Camilla. I don't think the queen would be against it and as long as she lives and the Cambridge-kids live on as well, Andrew need not longer ask for permission. Once Charles is king, he just has to wait for either Kate or Meghan to have a new child and he need not ask permission of Charles as well. I think it will be quiet wedding and the only difference will be that Sarah is again The Duchess of York.

If Andrew is silly enough to do that, he'll deserve what he gets! :ermm:

And why would either of them think it's a good idea for her be an official member of the BRF again? Not even the part about how other members of the BRF feel, but why would Sarah want to put herself through that? It does come with responsibilities when you have the HRH.

why would either of them think it's a good idea for her be an official member of the BRF again?

I agree it seems an unnecessary burden for ALL concerned, but one or both of the 'principal' parties may wish to formalise a relationship that is already 'common knowledge'?
I can't help but think that it won't help the relationship between the two eldest sons of HMQ, IF it does take place..

Last edited:
My friends,

Let go of the past!

And why would either of them think it's a good idea for her be an official member of the BRF again? Not even the part about how other members of the BRF feel, but why would Sarah want to put herself through that? It does come with responsibilities when you have the HRH.

I'm not sure the words "responsibility" and "Sarah Ferguson" belong in the same sentence together. She never seemed to grasp the entire concept of responsibility too firmly, IMO.

While I suppose remarriage might be possible, I'm not sure I really see what the advantage would be for either Andrew or Sarah. They seem to have worked out the parameters of their relationship in a way that works for them, unconventional though it might be.

That said, I noticed how thrilled Sarah seemed to be at the wedding, so maybe she'd be giddy with delight at being in the inner circle again.

If Sarah remarries Andrew that will be the end of her scampering off to Switzerland, the US and different parts of the world whenever she feels like it. There are enough complaints about her ex husband's air travel expenses without her adding to it.

I think that she and Andrew are much better off as friends not spouses. Sarah chafed at the BRF responsibilities and was a disaster at many of her official engagements.

Last edited:
I don't think they will ever remarry. I used to think maybe...but now I'm pretty sure it won't ever happen. If for no other reason there is little incentive for Sarah to re-join the BRF and then be under even further scrutiny from the media and public. She and Andrew have whatever relationship they want now.

LaRae

Sure it might be feasible that Andrew and Sarah could remarry but I really can't see it happening.

The ramifications of a remarriage would have quite a few detrimental effects and not only just between Charles and Andrew but, I think, with the British population at large. Unless Andrew was to completely retire from working for the Firm and ride off into the sunset with her, Sarah as a HRH would also be expected to work alongside her husband and on her own. That's fine and good and perhaps she could even pull it off but, and this is a big but, after throwing it all away once and with subsequent notoriety several times in the press and the world view of her "shenanigans", it would be next to impossible for the British public to take her seriously.

It would never happen that Sarah once again becoming HRH, The Duchess of York and expect to lay low, do lunches and sit and and have a life of eating bon bons while catching up on Game of Thrones.

The way things are now works for the both of them and I believe they'll leave it that way.

Last edited:
While I suppose remarriage might be possible, I'm not sure I really see what the advantage would be for either Andrew or Sarah. They seem to have worked out the parameters of their relationship in a way that works for them, unconventional though it might be.

I think the advantage would be that they would be allowed to appear together in public again. Right now as we see, at the wedding for example, Sarah had to sit apart from her family. Eventually Eugenie and Jack will have children and Sarah's grandchildren will be royal, but she still won't be allowed to sit with them or appear with them at royal functions...even though she lives with Andrew. I would think that would be a very awkward situation that remarriage could help them avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom