Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they've just decided its better to not invite Sarah rather than put her in an awkward situation by attending the wedding.

Should they invite Sarah, most likely she would be getting a personal invitation to attend on her own merit of her relationship with Harry but also be seated elsewhere in the chapel and not with Andrew and her daughters who will sit with the royal family. This would make Sarah stick out like a sore thumb and seem to be humiliating. Best to just avoid it.

One thing Harry and Meghan don't need with their wedding day is the tabloids going into overdrive about Sarah. Its their day and if Sarah isn't invited, then that solves that problem.

Sarah will have her time to shine when her daughter, Eugenie, marries.

Everything is all so easy, just don't invite her . . . But Sarah is someone who was every bit as good to him as Tiggy. Sarah is family and this is a family wedding and for good or ill the BRF is far closer than many would like to imagine and and Sarah's position as paraiah in the in the family isn't what it was 10 or even 5years ago.

Should they invite Sarah, most likely she would be getting a personal invitation to attend on her own merit of her relationship with Harry but also be seated elsewhere in the chapel and not with Andrew and her daughters who will sit with the royal family. This would make Sarah stick out like a sore thumb and seem to be humiliating. Best to just avoid it.
:previous: Very good point Osipi! Would Mark Phillips be receiving an invitation as well since he's in the same situation as Sarah?

Everything is all so easy, just don't invite her . . . But Sarah is someone who was every bit as good to him as Tiggy. Sarah is family and this is a family wedding and for good or ill the BRF is far closer than many would like to imagine and and Sarah's position as paraiah in the in the family isn't what it was 10 or even 5years ago.

Harry will do what is best for him. It is his wedding and he will want it to go as smoothly as possible. No one really knows the dynamics there. Regardless she will be at her daughter's so whatever drama will have to be put aside then.

Sarah may have been as good to him as Tiggy, but thst may have been for short periods of time when Diana and Sarah were getting on. In any case, for the better part of Harry's life, Sarah has been persona non grata, so I don't see why she should be invited. Also, it is often argued that Harry may be close to the B&E York. Even if that were to be the case, why does that mean their mother has to be invited?

People who lack good adult role models have a hard time being successful adults. Fortunately most of them don’t have to have their mistakes and failures observed, critiqued, and relayed by total strangers to the rest of the world. Judge not...
We are not going to agree on this, you believe that Sarah's behavior is excusable and I believe there comes a time when you need to take responsibility for your own actions.
It's nice to see that despite Beatrice and Eugenie's bad adult role model they have turned out so well.

Is Sarah like the BRF version of Samantha? Doesn't know when to be quiet? People insist Samantha will eventually disappear but Sarah still finds ways to pop up.

Last edited:
Have the invitations been sent out and the guest list made public yet? If not, then the DF is just creating drama to fill the pages and get clicks to make money............so not believing a word that rag prints..........:lol:

I feel like at this point the papers are just hedging their bet. Now, if Camilla Tominey starts reporting it, I'll believe it.

My intelligence tells me not to believe and take serious on anything from Daily Fail, even if it may/can be true.

Its very possible that Harry will invite Sarah to the evening party and not to the wedding ceremony itself.

The seating and such for the ceremony would set tongues wagging and folks craning their necks to see what Philip's reaction to it all would be. Much simpler to invite Sarah to the evening party where the Queen and the DoE most likely will not be in attendance and leave the partying to the younger folks.

This is what seems to be a simpler solution to me. :D

If I were Prince Andrew, I would be very unhappy if my longtime partner were excluded.

If I were Prince Andrew, I would be very unhappy if my longtime partner were excluded.

Then I guess he shouldn't have divorced her. :lol: And I'm not sure what "partner" mean. We don't know what their romantic situation is. She is the mother of his children, so there is that, but that doesn't mean she gets invited to other people's wedding.

And questions for those who mentioned this as a possible ice breaker for Eugenie's wedding. Why would Harry need to do anything to prevent anything awkward at Eugenie's wedding between her mom and their grandfather? If they can't put aside their differences and tolerate each other for Eugenie, they are even less likely to do it for Harry as he's not Fergie's son. Isn't Harry putting his wedding at risk if that's the case? And why would do that?

And to be clear, I'm not arguing whether or not he would. I'm just saying there is no reason he has to, but more of a question if he wants to. And since none of us know what Harry's thinking in his head, I don't think there is answer to that until May 19th unless someone confirms it one way or another before then.

Last edited:
If true, i think it's a good move, only to prevent any rift and /or uncomfortable situation for Eugenie and Jack 's big day.

Why would there be? Her parents are divorced. Nothing unusual at all with an ex- in law not being invited to weddings. She hasn’t been at anyone else’s. If Harry wants to invite her fine, if not, it’s not an issue at all imo and certainly shouldn’t impact Eugenie’s wedding.

Christian forgiveness

Seemingly, both HM and Andrew have ‘forgiven’ Sarah. I wonder why Philip has not? It would benefit (IMO) him and his granddaughters and his son.

An ugly family rift, especially if it seems to be permanent, is arguably more harmful than whatever caused it. He has apparently been able to forgive Anne’s first husband and Charles’s second wife for the harm and embarrassment they created in his family.

Were I Sarah’s daughter, I would resent her being shunned by my grandfather.

:previous: I don't see how that'd benefit Phillip. Other than Eugenie's wedding and when Beatrice gets married in the future, I'm not seeing how he has to deal with Fergie. I think for him it's more of an annoyance because Fergie is the way she is. It's not just about what happened while she was married to Andrew or their divorce. Fergie has caused additional embarrassment since then. At some point, you begin to realize some actions are result of who the person is and how they typically behave rather than a one off situation.

Last edited:
1) We don't really know what Phillip thinkss except via media.

2) Sarah's daughters are adults and can comprehend that her behavior (not just the marital situation) could cause other family members to not want to spend time around her.

LaRae

I disagree. When you forgive someone, you free a part of yourself that is tied up in anger or hate or resentment. What good does it do a 96 year-old-man, one who has undoubtedly benefitted from forgiveness on the part of others (as have we all), to continue to nurse a grudge against the mother of his granddaughters and the friend of his son? If Philip is a practicing Christian, perhaps he should have some counseling from a minister.

Having said that, I wonder if his hatred for Sarah is just a part of his legend? I doubt there would be a scene at the wedding.

I know that Harry has been close with his cousins, and it would likely strengthen his relationship with them to invite their mother. The Queen receives Sarah at Balmoral; I don’t see why Philip has the last word on something like his grandson’s guest list. If Harry doesn’t want to invite her, that’s his (and Meghan’s) choice. I wouldn’t want to damage my loving friendship with my cousins.

If Harry doesn't want to invite her than that's his business and the cousins will just have to accept it. This is his day, not theirs. Eugenie will have her mother at her wedding as it is her right but that doesn't have to fall on Harry. That said, I won't be surprised if she is invited. It has been years and I think Sarah's relationship with the family has improved.

Again we don't know what Phillip thinks ladongas. Even if he did harbor anger against her and has forgiven her doesn't mean he wants to hang around with her. That is not a condition of forgiveness.

LaRae

He’ll hardly be hanging around her in a crowd of 800! But her absence would certainly be attributed to his feelings.

Sarah attended the UNICEF Gala at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas on February 3, 2018 in Dallas, Texas.
The Great Plains Regional Office of UNICEF USA hosted the first annual UNICEF Gala Dallas. Funds raised at the event will support UNICEF’s work to save and improve the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. The evening honored Rob and Sheryl Lowe with the Global Philanthropist Award for their work in raising awareness both locally and globally for women, education and children’s rights.
UNICEF Gala Dallas 2018 - Zimbio
https://www.gettyimages.com/event/g...rooke-burkecharvet-at-the-picture-id913966502

He’ll hardly be hanging around her in a crowd of 800! But her absence would certainly be attributed to his feelings.

Or maybe Harry didn't want to invite her?

She wasn't at Williams wedding either....I don't think folks were upset about it then. No one expected her to get an invite. Why should they expect one for Harry's?

LaRae

We don’t how he feels but I have a fair guess. He’s entitled to not want to have anything to do with her. Don’t think Charles , Edward etc spend time with her. She wasn’t at William and Kate’s wedding so don’t think she will be at Harry’s and won’t be missed

Or maybe Harry didn't want to invite her?

She wasn't at Williams wedding either....I don't think folks were upset about it then. No one expected her to get an invite. Why should they expect one for Harry's?

LaRae

When did William ever holiday with her and her ex-husband and children after her divorce? Never.

Harry, on the other hand, has often stayed with the Yorks in Switzerland and so has an ongoing relationship with Sarah that William doesn't have.

They have different family dynamics. I would be very hurt if I had opened my holiday home to a nephew who then didn't invite me to his wedding. That would show a certain lack of decency on behalf of said nephew.

Last edited:
The holiday house was paid by mostly Andrew for the girls future If I remember right. So Harry wasn’t staying at Sarah’s house at all.

When did William ever holiday with her and her ex-husband and children after her divorce? Never.

Harry, on the other hand, has often stayed with the Yorks in Switzerland and so has an ongoing relationship with Sarah that William doesn't have.

They have different family dynamics. I would be very hurt if I had opened me holiday home to a nephew who then didn't invite me to his wedding. That would show a certain lack of decency on behalf of said nephew.

Hold on, other than that time with Cressida, when has Harry vacationed with the entire York family in the recent years? In fact, if I remember correctly, that wasn't even at the house Andrew now owns in Verbier. There were reports that Eugenie and Jack went to Toronto for Halloween in 2016, and met up with Harry and Meghan, but that's about it. Even when Sarah and one of her girls (or maybe both) went to the Inskip wedding, we never saw any photo of them with Harry and Meghan, but we did see Harry and Meghan with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom