The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh yes ...the recent documentary on the Queen showed name tags outside doors.

LaRae

Old 07-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Majesty

This makes sense to me. If they can have friends visit, why not ex-wives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Not only does Andrew have rooms at BP but I have heard that he insists that the name of the door still says TRH The Duke and Duchess of York. I have also heard that she often visits him there and even stays the night. It is rare that she is seen visiting as there are multiple entrances but it isn't unusual for her to be there to see Andrew and/or to have afternoon tea with the Queen.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's quite a sensible idea to have name tags, actually. If you were an acquaintance invited to tea or a journalist looking for the Wessexes for example, you wouldn't want to be wandering incessantly up and down empty corridors, with no-one around but the occasional cleaner. What if you knocked on a nameless door to enquire and disturbed a busy Princess Anne?
Old 07-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not only does Andrew have rooms at BP but I have heard that he insists that the name of the door still says TRH The Duke and Duchess of York. I have also heard that she often visits him there and even stays the night. It is rare that she is seen visiting as there are multiple entrances but it isn't unusual for her to be there to see Andrew and/or to have afternoon tea with the Queen.
Really - thanks for this tidbit. I'd not heard the tea with the Queen rumor but it raises both in my esteem for them.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think it's quite a sensible idea to have name tags, actually. If you were an acquaintance invited to tea or a journalist looking for the Wessexes for example, you wouldn't want to be wandering incessantly up and down empty corridors, with no-one around but the occasional cleaner. What if you knocked on a nameless door to enquire and disturbed a busy Princess Anne?
Yikes! I wouldn't want to be the person who did that.

I particularly recall - because it's one of those things I will never be able to forget - the episode of the documentary about a year at Windsor Castle which covered the preparations for the state banquet being held for the President of France on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Entente Cordiale. A performance of Les Miserables had been arranged as the after-dinner entertainment. The room that was being used for it was the Waterloo Chamber - built to commemorate the English defeat of the French in 1815 and featuring huge portraits of the leaders of the armies who had beaten France - and for the night they changed the label to the Music Room.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Yikes! I wouldn't want to be the person who did that.

I particularly recall - because it's one of those things I will never be able to forget - the episode of the documentary about a year at Windsor Castle which covered the preparations for the state banquet being held for the President of France on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Entente Cordiale. A performance of Les Miserables had been arranged as the after-dinner entertainment. The room that was being used for it was the Waterloo Chamber - built to commemorate the English defeat of the French in 1815 and featuring huge portraits of the leaders of the armies who had beaten France - and for the night they changed the label to the Music Room.
I visited Windsor Castle last month! The Waterloo Room and St. George's Hall are spectacular - a must-see for anyone interested in British/royal history.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

What a wonderful experience for you! I was drooling just watching the documentary. I can only imagine how splendid it must be when you are actually there.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes, I've read the same thing about the TRH The Duke and Duchess of York name plate at Andrew's suite at BP - as well as the large teddybear that went along for the carriage ride with Sarah and Andrew after their wedding, which still sits at the end of the corridor that leads to Prince Andrew's private office per The Guardian.

It's lovely that Sarah and Andrew have such a good relationship. Obviously, this July 23 would have been their 30th wedding anniversary.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sarah Ferguson on holiday with Kate Moss in Greece with Hong Kong tycoon's family | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-03-2016, 03:26 AM
Royal Highness

Mmm seems like she will fit in well with them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-07-2016, 01:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Mmm seems like she will fit in well with them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
What do you mean, exactly?
Old 08-07-2016, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Sarah attended the Starlite Gala in Marbella, Spain, yesterday evening, August 6:

** gettyimages gallery ** hola article **
Old 08-07-2016, 05:30 AM
Courtier

Is that Manuel Fernandez standing in the background of the getty pics? It looks like him. He's been her special male companion for almost two years now.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Is it a must th have the Duchess of York at a Gala Evening ?
Old 08-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Majesty

Seems that way. She looks very good, though.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson looks trimmer than ever at a gala in Marbella | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Serene Highness

Lose the watch when dressing to the nines! Otherwise, nice look.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:36 AM
Aristocracy

Sarah looks GREAT in that dress. For once, the DM comments are positive. She looks radiant. Tons of sun damage, but her hair and the dress and the jewelry and the slight tan makes her look vibrant.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Perfect World Foundation is honoured to announce that Sarah, The Duchess of York will attend the gala evening The Elephant Ball at Clarion Hotel Post, in Gothenburg, Sweden the 15th of September.
The Duchess is representing the UK based Elephant Family, and will participate The Perfect World Foundations gala in Gothenburg, Sweden, where the ambition is to raise fundings and awareness to save the Asian and the African elephants. The Duchess has been a great suport for Elephants Family securing walking corridors in India. During 2015 the organisations together with The Duchess raised more that SEK 25 million.
The Duchess of York will attend The Elephant Ball in Gothenburg, Sweden. - The Perfect World Foundation
Old 08-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is Sarah at her best. It is what she does beautifully and brings meaning to her causes. This organization and its cause has quite a few of the British Royal Family to promote it and was founded by the Duchess of Cornwall's brother Mark Shand. I'm including a link to a previous Elephant Family Ball at which the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall seem to be thoroughly enjoying themselves.

The Elephant Family Ball

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon