The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Its so weird that this has even come up. I wonder if that law office wanted some publicity? The fact they named one as being her lawyers is odd if this is just a made up story. Wow one year she really has missed the boat. And how would she prove she lost anything? I did think what someone above me said that maybe this story is being floated because she needs money and is kind of a passive/aggressive way to get whatever it is she needs or wants. Cause I wouldn't put it past her I'm sorry but Sarah has shown she isn't above doing anything to get money. The only problem is that for Sarah it never seems enough she refuses to cut down her lifestyle even though she can't afford to live it.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
If my fav royal was drunk and selling out her husband I would feel totally disgusted with him/her. By the by I don't think of Fergie as a royal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I don't think of Fergie as a royal either, she is just an overwhelming embarrassment.
I expect she is broke (again!) and is desperately hoping Murdoch will choose to settle rather than fighting things out in court.

There seems to be no limits to this woman's greed.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of York given honorary role at University of Huddersfield*for 'philanthrepreneurship' | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-12-2016, 01:18 AM
Majesty

Good for Sarah. I believe that Prince Andrew and their daughters are involved with Key to Freedom as well.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:41 AM
Royal Highness

If Fergie thinks she can file a lawsuit with News Corp. in the hopes of a settlement and quick money, she's mistaken and a fool. Rupert Murdoch follows the "absolutely no settlement under any circumstance" rule. Further, Murdoch and his News Corp. can afford to drag out legal actions for as long as possible to win, Fergie can't and if she's depending on Andrew to help her financially, he can't either.
There's a sexual harassment claim and threat of legal action against one of the big leaders of Fox News, it's coincidental that suddenly Fergie feels she now, after six years, has to file a lawsuit against News Corp. ? She's up against impossible odds to prove any of her allegations and she's naive to go against Rupert Murdoch. I personally can't stand the man, but I concede he's ruthless as a foe.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:07 AM
Courtier

I wondered what the word meant. It seems they have simply made it up and it doesn't really exist pretty much like Fergies Professorship. Asked what being a ‘philanthrepreneur’ involved – the word is not in the Oxford English Dictionary - a spokesman for the university struggled to explain it. It's an unpaid role and no one seems to know exactly if Sarah will have to do anything. Exactly what is the point of this? Andrew just happens to be the Universitys Chancellor.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I wondered what the word meant. It seems they have simply made it up and it doesn't really exist pretty much like Fergies Professorship. Asked what being a ‘philanthrepreneur’ involved – the word is not in the Oxford English Dictionary - a spokesman for the university struggled to explain it. It's an unpaid role and no one seems to know exactly if Sarah will have to do anything. Exactly what is the point of this? Andrew just happens to be the Universitys Chancellor.

Probably a bit of positive PR?
Old 07-12-2016, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
It means she's a fundraiser. The role may be unpaid, but it likely comes with reimbursement for expenses. That can be timed to cover travel costs that one otherwise would have had to pay for. I'm not saying that's a reason she is doing it, but people on this side of the pond take these roles for the free trips to hang out with people who have money. You network yourself as well as your not for profit.
I also think it might make travel with Andrew reimburse-able on occasions.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Fergie's mystery visit: Duchess of York is spotted arriving at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-13-2016, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Doesn't Andrew have rooms at BP? That'd be my guess as to why she went there.
The Queen was too busy today meeting w/ Prime Ministers & the like to be meeting w/ Sarah, IMO. But who knows, maybe there'll be an announcement coming from one of the York girls, or maybe something else caused the Queen to want a word with her. I'll bet she wasn't dropping by to see Phillip
Old 07-13-2016, 11:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, when he is in London, Andrew lives at BP. Her daughters, well Eugenie (and Bea when in the UK) live at St James, so Andrew would be the logical. I am waiting for the 'Beatrice is secretly engaged and Sarah is meeting with the queen to discus dates and venues' headlines
Old 07-13-2016, 11:51 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah was seeing one of two possible people: The Queen or Andrew. Either way it's juicy that she got spotted entering. There is more than one entrance to BP, especially on the day the prime minister resigns, so Sarah getting photographed entering makes me go hmmmmm.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe to discuss her case against Murdoch. Along the lines of don't do it

Old 07-14-2016, 02:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Maybe to discuss her case against Murdoch. Along the lines of don't do it

We don't know that this case was actually real, of course. We just have a Daily Mail report.

I wonder what Sarah was doing at the Palace...
Old 07-14-2016, 04:56 AM
Courtier

I hope we find out soon if it's an engagement it might be getting ready to announce it. I'm not so sure the Queen would get involved with any lawsuit. It was a busy day and of course the paps were everywhere she has been to tea etc with the Queen before and we haven't known. So could be important...
Old 07-14-2016, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

This would be a splendid time to announce an engagement if one's in the wind. Kate's not pregnant and Harry doesn't have a steady girlfriend who might steal their claim to the limelight by jumping in. I reckon if Beatrice or Eugenie want to get married, now would be the time to make the commitment and stake a claim for the right to some attention for the next year.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not only does Andrew have rooms at BP but I have heard that he insists that the name of the door still says TRH The Duke and Duchess of York. I have also heard that she often visits him there and even stays the night. It is rare that she is seen visiting as there are multiple entrances but it isn't unusual for her to be there to see Andrew and/or to have afternoon tea with the Queen.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Not only does Andrew have rooms at BP but I have heard that he insists that the name of the door still says TRH The Duke and Duchess of York. I have also heard that she often visits him there and even stays the night. It is rare that she is seen visiting as there are multiple entrances but it isn't unusual for her to be there to see Andrew and/or to have afternoon tea with the Queen.
Andrew's list of engagements on Facebook says that he was going to a dinner for business leaders to discuss youth employment at St. James' Palace that night. Sarah drove in at the same time PM Cameron tendered his resignation (around 5 pm) so maybe she was going to the dinner with Andrew? She has the honorary title from the University of Huddersfield now, and she seems to be working with Andrew in that role.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

That must be a canard, a nonsense story. I can not imagine that the salons, chambers, halls and appartements at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle have name tags on the doors. It is not a hotel.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That must be a canard, a nonsense story. I can not imagine that the salons, chambers, halls and appartements at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle have name tags on the doors. It is not a hotel.
The royals private offices and apartments do have name cards or tags on them. We have seen this in documentaries and other specials on the royals.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS