Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cynic in me suspects that after the twitter storm she was told to stop tweeting about it. That the BBC interview was canceled because she was told to stay away from TV commenting about it. No one thought to tell her to not write open letters to her daughter for the sole purpose of being published in magazines for the world to see, because it never occurred to anyone that she'd do something so classless. But that's just my jaded take on Sarah and her pathetic machinations to have the focus be on her.
She's been trading on her daughters' royal status since her divorce. The yellow 'I love you mum' sticker that's been in her car for years, the purses w/ their faces on them, the tagging along to bars and events with them. The mentioning them and Andrew and the Queen every time she's on TV.
Eugenie seems a very private person to me, and she's had lots of experience w/ her mother, hopefully she's ok with her mom's behavior. I just can't think of another royal engagement where a parent wrote an open letter to the press about it. I don't know, maybe Sarah was going crazy because no one was calling to get her take on it all & this is what she came up w/?
I just hope Sarah's behavior doesn't drive Phillip away from the wedding.

The same thing happened to Princess Michael of Kent, in addition to The Countess of Wessex.

Sarah's case is about her being entrapped by the News of the World. Her case will ultimately come down to whether Sarah can demonstrate that the Fake Sheik induced her, by fraudulent or dishonest means, to say what she did, and whether the recording and dissemination of what she said was in the public interest.

This is what this sounds like to me and I wonder why so many just blow off what NOTW did; is there no entrapment laws in the UK?

Would you say Andrew was drawing attention to himself by commenting on the wedding? Why should Sarah be held to a different criteria? :huh: Honest question.

Did Andrew publish a private letter to his child in a tabloid? Like others have said Sarah gave her comments when the engagement was announced and it should have ended there.

Last edited:
Sarah’s behavior...

...post divorce has certainly been less ‘scandalous’ than that of other royal ex spouses, and I won’t further elucidate. Her effusive and yes, giddy personality is part of what made her popular within the buttoned-up BRF. In that way, she hasn’t changed.

She’s clearly adored by her daughters, apparently cherished by her ex-husband, and she seemingly has a number of suitable friends to enjoy an active social life with.

I say give her a break so she can enjoy the run up to her role as mother of the bride. She’s not the only middle-aged woman who’s not as lovely or attractively dressed as she once was, and it seems unkind to enjoy criticizing her quite so much.

...post divorce has certainly been less ‘scandalous’ than that of other royal ex spouses, and I won’t further elucidate.

Dead-on. :cool: There is a bit of a double standard imo. Glaringly obvious. Physical attractiveness really does get one a pass for the most egregious behavior.

Her effusive and yes, giddy personality is part of what made her popular within the buttoned-up BRF. In that way, she hasn’t changed.

She’s clearly adored by her daughters, apparently cherished by her ex-husband, and she seemingly has a number of suitable friends to enjoy an active social life with.

I say give her a break so she can enjoy the run up to her role as mother of the bride. She’s not the only middle-aged woman who’s not as lovely or attractively dressed as she once was, and it seems unkind to enjoy criticizing her quite so much.

Agree 100%. :flowers: She has never 'fit in' to the British upper-crust mould, who have (unfortunately) routinely snickered about her (I say that as someone who has stood listening to it happening in a conversation; it's pretty bad). She has been ruthlessly pilloried for the way she walks, talks and disports herself, yet she has survived with a modicum of good humor and her self-respect intact (though at great cost to her peace of mind over the years).

Last edited:
LMAO... self respect no. And a lot of the ridicule she gets is because of her own doing; does she deserve the snide remarks, not necessarily. But Sarah is guilty of making herself a laughing stock; and being a ridiculous 20something is different than being a ridiculous 50yr old woman.

LMAO... self respect no. And a lot of the ridicule she gets is because of her own doing; does she deserve the snide remarks, not necessarily. But Sarah is guilty of making herself a laughing stock; and being a ridiculous 20something is different than being a ridiculous 50yr old woman.

Very few of us set out to be ridiculous at the age of 50. Most of us set out to be kind and understanding, and a good many of us fail at that. I don’t understand how people can enjoy the clumsy misfortune of others. It costs very little to be compassionate, and we certainly wish it on behalf of ourselves.

I might add that Sarah’s mother was a ‘bolter’; and her father, ahem, had other interests besides polo. She never had the benefit of a stable family life, nor of any real education. I always wish the best for her.

Last edited:
Sarah is Sarah. She's never conformed to the status quo or could be fit into a box that follows the rules. She's spontaneous rather than logical. She expresses what she feels at the time openly and without caution. This has landed her in some hot water over the years and generated quite a few misadventures but she's always bounced back and continued onwards.

She loves her daughters with her entire being. It may not seem proper and appropriate to print a letter to her newly engaged daughter in the press but if Eugenie doesn't have a problem with it, why should we? This is a happy time for the entire York family and it is kind of nice to see the nuptials approach without bickering and confrontations.

As I said, Sarah is Sarah and will never be anyone else.

Very few of us set out to be ridiculous at the age of 50. Most of us set out to be kind and understanding, and a good many of us fail at that. I don’t understand how people can enjoy the clumsy misfortune of others. It costs very little to be compassionate, and we certainly wish it on behalf of ourselves.

I might add that Sarah’s mother was a ‘bolter’; and her father, ahem, had other interests besides polo. She never had the benefit of a stable family life, nor of any real education. I always wish the best for her.
Blaming her parents excuse works for a few decades, but not after 5; there comes a time when you take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else's. Is her mothers infidelity to blame for her the 2 dozen mistakes she has made since 1987?
Sarah can't stop spending money and is bankrupt for the 6th time!.... her mother abandoned her.
Sarah was caught cheating with her daughters just a few feet away.... well her mother abandoned her.
Sarah was caught in an entrapment Sting regarding her ex husband... well her mother abandoned her.
I for one am not taking pleasure in her misfortunes, I'm just pointing out that they are her own fault. In addition her current behavior mixed with past behavior seems to support the notion that she desires attention.

People who lack good adult role models have a hard time being successful adults. Fortunately most of them don’t have to have their mistakes and failures observed, critiqued, and relayed by total strangers to the rest of the world. Judge not...

Last edited:
Sarah overdoes everything to the point of ridiculous. She apparently doesn't believe in moderation, oh, we're talking about Sarah. I always gave Sarah credit when credit was due. What irritated me was when her mother was alive, she gave interviews about what a great thing it was that they were united and her mother was wonderful mother. Her mother then is killed in a tragic car accident and then Sarah comes out stating her mother was terrible that she abandoned her and put painted a terrible picture of her mother. I don't like people who wait until someone is deceased and then diss on that person who can't defend themselves. Cowards do that. I lost respect for Sarah.
If it bothered her so much, confront your mother in private and deal with it. Her mother left because Ronald was a serial womanizer even when married to the first Susan despite having 2 small daughters. He was a jerk all of his life.

This isn't meant to bad mouth Sarah, yet Sarah is someone who never takes responsibility for her actions and behavior in life, she seems to me someone very needy and clinging to others to hold her up and give her a life. She has a hard time standing on her own 2 feet and forging ahead and being an mature adult in her own life. I think it is admirable that her ex and children support her yet that to me in called *enabling* her to continue as she keeps doing. It is rescuing her Sarah again and again for she knows darn well that her family will come running to pick up the pieces of her life and put her back together...............I knew someone like that and the end was not a good thing to see.........Sarah needs to be on her own, doing things for herself, going shopping alone, making new friends, dining alone for a change, living alone, just being with herself and finding herself and not clinging to her ex and children all the time. Jack is marrying her daughter and I bet that package comes with her mother included as she has done in the past........wonder if Sarah will go on the honeymoon also......won't not be surprised if she does....:ermm:

M. Payton I agree with your post her daughters must worry about what will happen next etc. All the social media she posted after the announcement of the engagement showed her to be unstable. She made it all about her.

If Harry's invitations go out toward the end of February like William's did, we should know in about 3 weeks whether she is invited or not. Either way, she will get lots of media attention and requests for comments.

On top of all of that, there's the ongoing lawsuit against Murdoch. So, yes, she will be in the news for months.

I doubt she will be invited given that not only Philip can't stand her, nor can Charles. Maybe Harry might win that argument given his friendship with the York's but I wouldn't be surprised if there is no invitation.

I doubt she will be invited given that not only Philip can't stand her, nor can Charles. Maybe Harry might win that argument given his friendship with the York's but I wouldn't be surprised if there is no invitation.

According to the Daily Mail 'Girl About Town,' Sarah isn't invited. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5348765/GIRL-TOWN-Fergie-gets-snubbed-AGAIN.html

Though I don't know how they know that, since the same column says the invitations haven't gone out yet...

I find it to be sad if Sarah isn't invited. William didn't seem to have much of a relationship with Sarah, but Harry did go skiing with the Yorks. And yes, I know that divorced aunts commonly aren't invited to family functions, but the circumstances are a bit different here because Sarah lives with Harry's uncle...

According to the Daily Mail 'Girl About Town,' Sarah isn't invited. GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Fergie gets snubbed... AGAIN! | Daily Mail Online

Though I don't know how they know that, since the same column says the invitations haven't gone out yet...

I find it to be sad if Sarah isn't invited. William didn't seem to have much of a relationship with Sarah, but Harry did go skiing with the Yorks. And yes, I know that divorced aunts commonly aren't invited to family functions, but the circumstances are a bit different here because Sarah lives with Harry's uncle...
No no no she is not not invited because she is divorced but because of her behaviour all these years :bang:.....

I think this news is coming from Sarah's camp.

I won't be surprised of she not invited but I don't think anything is official. I suspect the papers are doing an educated guess because of the history and conflict that is well documented. Also prepping themselves for all the snubbed articles.

Harry spent several holidays with the Yorks, Sarah may be whatever ... but in that case I think she should be invited.

Whatever the outcome, I hope it’s a happy wedding for each couple. I do believe it will be a little awkward for some at Eugenie’s.

I think this news is coming from Sarah's camp.
Why on earth would you think that? Why would Sarah want to make herself an object of pity knowing every one of her transgressions would be replayed in glorious technicolour with all sorts of humiliating photos and put her daughters in the "should they go or stay at home in home with Sarah" situation.

Last edited:
:previous: Why on earth would you think that? Why would Sarah want to make herself an object of pity knowing every one of her transgressions would be replayed in glorious technicolour with all sorts of humiliating photos and put her daughters in the "should they go or stay at home in home with Sarah" situation.

She might think it helps her lawsuit action.

And, also put KP on the back foot having to deal with this.

I’m sure all will be on their best behavior—I wouldn’t expect a scene but I do think, say for the Duke of Edinburgh it will feel tense (if true that he doesn’t want to be in the same room as Sarah).

There is no way the Sun article about Harry being "adamant" about Sarah not going is true - it strikes a very mean tone that I don't think suits Harry's personality and his history with Sarah at all. He has vacationed with all of them in very recent years.

I can absolutely understand that he might not feel comfortable inviting her, particularly in regard to his grandfather, but that is out of consideration for others, not out of some anger he has towards Sarah, because I do not believe any such animosity exists.

There is no way the Sun article about Harry being "adamant" about Sarah not going is true - it strikes a very mean tone that I don't think suits Harry's personality and his history with Sarah at all. He has vacationed with all of them in very recent years.

I can absolutely understand that he might not feel comfortable inviting her, particularly in regard to his grandfather, but that is out of consideration for others, not out of some anger he has towards Sarah, because I do not believe any such animosity exists.

That's what I mean -- I think the news story about not being invited was initiated by Sarah, for a few different reasons.

That's what I mean -- I think the news story about not being invited was initiated by Sarah, for a few different reasons.

Sarah isn't mean...she's never slandered the members of the royal family in a malicious way, and certainly she has had reason to do so (esp. with Prince Philip). So it doesn't sound like the type of language she'd use, saying Harry is 'adamant' she won't be invited or that the royal family 'can't stand the Duchess.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom