Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure she has good legal advice so there must be some basis to it, but Fergie did offer to give access to Andrew for £500,000, that seems quite accepted by all. If so, how can she blame anyone else but herself? What she was doing was wrong, the only difference this time was she got caught red handed.
Now, if the paper was claiming something that wasn't true then I can see why she would be suing. Surely you'd just want this to go away and never be mentioned again?!

I remember in 1996 when she wanted to sue one of the people writing a book about her --- I forget who, it was either Starkie or Madam Vasso. The British courts required her to front a six-figure sum to sue. She was unable or unwilling to do that.

Does that law apply now for her? Has she put up that kind of money to go after Murdoch?

Say what you will but Sarah is not alone in her naivety, Sophie was also publicly were caught out by a Fake Sheik. They went to inordinate lengths to exploit their ignorance of just how far the media will go.

Say what you will but Sarah is not alone in her naivety, Sophie was also publicly were caught out by a Fake Sheik. They went to inordinate lengths to exploit their ignorance of just how far the media will go.

The same thing happened to Princess Michael of Kent, in addition to The Countess of Wessex.

Sarah's case is about her being entrapped by the News of the World. Her case will ultimately come down to whether Sarah can demonstrate that the Fake Sheik induced her, by fraudulent or dishonest means, to say what she did, and whether the recording and dissemination of what she said was in the public interest.

The legal eagles that are handling this case for Sarah don't think so. They'll be counting the gold pieces gleefully whether she wins or she loses. Wonder where Sarah is getting the funds from to pay them? I just hope its all above board.

Lets face it. Sarah and money do not mix.
Didn’t her last batch of lawyers sue her for $200,000 (or was it £?) that she owed them?
I don’t know how it works in the UK, but often in tort cases such as this in the USA the plaintiff’s lawyers work for a contingent fee, ie they get a % of whatever money she is awarded, so if she doesn’t win the lawyers get nothing.
I am very curious about how all this will play out. I assume the defendants will get discovery regarding her very tangled financial affairs. She will have to prove she was capable of earning the sums she’s seeking by showing what she has earned in the past - with evidence, which will all become public record. The defense shouldn’t have much trouble showing she has a history of financial collapses, for example I believe that her business and charity in the US were out of funds before the fake sheik incident. The defense will be able to use her every financial misstep against her. She has a history of exaggerating the earning potential of her businesses which will all be paraded in court no doubt through testimony of former business associates who were burned. Even one of the named current ‘collaborators’ has said her claim in regards to him is exaggerated.
Her claim is loss of reputation, so of course the defense will parade every cringe worthy thing she’s ever done to show that there were other causes for her destroyed reputation.
I suspect that this lawsuit will bring to light things which Sarah may not have considered, and of course every salacious detail will be reported. Nothing like hardworking defense lawyers to dig up evidence of every mistake she’s ever made and eager tabloids to report it all.

Last edited:
I think that Sarah is counting on Buckingham Palace to intervene, shut down the legal action and possibly "take care of her" because there's some things that might come to light in court that would be bad for the BRF. She can't possibly hope to win this by saying her reputation was ruined by TNOTW.

Buckingham Palace can't "intervene" to shut down the legal action. Sarah can withdraw her claim (likely to occur if some money changes hands either paid in a confidential settlement by News or, as you seem to be suggesting, by the Queen) or it can be decided by a Judge - either by trial or if there really is no claim evident on the filed paperwork, News can ask a Judge to strike her claim out. The Palace can jump up and down and scream blue murder all they like but they have no standing and have no right to ask the Judge to do anything.

And after all the criticism they got after the Queen "remembered" her conversation with Paul Burrell which led to the DPP withdrawing its prosecution of him, I think they would be very, very wary of getting involved in any Court action in which they are not a party.

Should it occur that there is a cash settlement out of court, I sincerely hope that they're smart enough to include a gag order in the settlement. This just may have another big round of Sarah appearing on talk shows blabbing all about how "wronged" she was and raking in the money from those.

The cash for access thing sure put her in demand if I remember right. :D

Well, she wasn’t invited to Zara’s wedding and we didn’t read about that.
Harry seems very close to Eugenie and has stayed with Sarah and Andrew and the girls for skiing holidays fairly recently, so Sarah may get an invite to the wedding. I would expect that she would not be seated with the Royal family and would hope she would be wise enough to be discrete if invited (no winking while she walks to her seat I hope.)
When her daughters marry she and Phillip will need to be at the same venue, so Harry’s wedding might be an ice breaker.
When was the last time Harry went skiing and stayed with the Yorks? I don’t recall him going skiing last year. And really, I don’t see the point of inviting her to Harry’s wedding. Big family events are NOT the time to practice let bygones be bygones. Given the DoE’s age and the fact that Eugenie and Beatrice aren’t engaged yet, we don’t know what the situation will be when they finally get there. Sarah doesn’t do discreet well, and I can’t see her being seated apart from her daughters if she goes. She wasn’t invited to William or Zara’s wedding (can’t recall Peter’s), so her not being at Harry’s is expected. It’d be a bigger deal if she was. All kinds of remarriage rumors between her and Andrew would go into overdrive, especially given Andrew will be 7th in line by that point and thus not requiring monarch’s permission. It’s easier to just let her go cry woe is me later.

As for her lawsuits, she’s out of her mind. She messed up and got caught. Time to take responsibility for her own actions.

Last edited:
Should it occur that there is a cash settlement out of court, I sincerely hope that they're smart enough to include a gag order in the settlement.

Oh, I think we can be sure of that. Confidentiality clauses are the norm - even without a claimant who finds it impossible to keep their mouth shut. With Sarah I'd be wanting it repeated after every other clause just to make sure she gets the message.?

When was the last time Harry went skiing and stayed with the Yorks? I don’t recall him going skiing last year. And really, I don’t see the point of inviting her to Harry’s wedding. Big family events are NOT the time to practice let bygones be bygones. Given the DoE’s age and the fact that Eugenie and Beatrice aren’t engaged yet, we don’t know what the situation will be when they finally get there. Sarah doesn’t do discreet well, and I can’t see her being seated apart from her daughters if she goes. She wasn’t invited to William or Zara’s wedding (can’t recall Peter’s), so her not being at Harry’s is expected. It’d be a bigger deal if she was. All kinds of remarriage rumors between her and Andrew would go into overdrive, especially given Andrew will be 7th in line by that point and thus not requiring monarch’s permission. It’s easier to just let her go cry woe is me later.

As for her lawsuits, she’s out of her mind. She messed up and got caught. Time to take responsibility for her own actions.
William and Harry spent a lot of holidays with the Yorks both with and without Andrew present. Their holiday choice was skiing. In later years William went for sun and sand with the Middletons but Harry stuck with family. Samme when they were all old enough to go clubbing, were there were Wales's there were Yorks.

There have been all sorts of assertions about the closeness of the members of the BRF but we don't see 90% of their interactions and posters are always remarking that such-and-such are obviously close because they see photos that surprise then. Think Harry in the carriage with the wee outsider, his stepneice, they obviously weren't strangers.

I totally agree there is something not right with her ... in an book I was reading something awhile ago and the comment made about her was she should never have been allowed to marry into the Royal Family and again I think that I agree here..

Today, Hello! magazine published a letter from Fergie to Eugenie.

https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-ferguson-exclusive-message-princess-eugenie/

I don't understand why Sarah has to go public with these sentiments. Something's wrong here.

I get she is happy for her daughter but this is taking it to a ridiculous levels. I half expect her to be a correspondent for Hello! now. I know he will probably be living tweeting the wedding.

Sarah... take it own a notch.

By her own actions we see how truly selfish she is. Nothing is off limits, not even her child or that child's happiness. How pathetic.

Not sure what the issue is. :huh: I looked at the article expecting some long 'inappropriate' letter. Nothing. Just a few effusive comments. Non-issue imo. Sarah is an effusive person (in some ways very non-British). Why is Sarah expressing her happiness in her way selfish and Andrew expressing his happiness in his way not? I don't see a difference. JMO.

I think she will stop at nothing from now until the wedding to bring attention to herself in every way she can think of.

Last edited:
I think she stop at nothing from now until the wedding to bring attention to herself in every way she can think of.

Would you say Andrew was drawing attention to himself by commenting on the wedding? Why should Sarah be held to a different criteria? :huh: Honest question.

The sentiments are nice - but also personal - not something to be shared with the entire world. The letter is sort of TMI.

I worry that Sarah will do or say something that will mar this wonderful occasion.

No I don't think Andrew is drawing attention or any of the family that share their congratulations with the public for that matter. Sarah expressed her joy the day of the announcement if I remember correctly. To me, JMO, she's looking for attention for herself at this point and will use her daughter's engagement to fulfill that need.

Would you say Andrew was drawing attention to himself by commenting on the wedding? Why should Sarah be held to a different criteria? :huh: Honest question.

I think her many notes on the day it was announced was enough. I don't see the point in her going to Hello to give more statements. Just seems like Sarah is being her usual attention grabbing self, but YMMYV. I just hope she remembers this is her daughter's wedding and not about her.

Prince Andrew expressed his comments beautifully and to the point. Sarah has gone over the top; those tweets and that letter should have remained private. Why publish that letter? It's clearly to Eugenie. Not the public. Strange. Sarah needs to calm down. I get that she's thrilled, and that's great. The personal stuff though, needs to be kept personal.

I understand she was going to comment to the BBC but that was canned and it was Prince Andrew's comments that became public; whoever made that call made it correctly. This is, after all, the Royal Family, not D-list celebrities.

It's like she's giddy and can't stop herself. The titter pics were enough..I thought it was a bit much but okay whatever...but now she's getting a bit odd.

LaRae

I think Sarah has been a bit odd for years. And, after all the effusive tweets on the day of the engagement, to decide that Hello is the place to park some more gushing proves it!

Really hope she stops trying to be center of attention , but some how think she is going to get worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom