The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2016, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York joins the masses on the Bakerloo Line | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-27-2016, 03:01 AM
Courtier

Why would she take the tube rather than a taxi (or one of Dave's co.'s Ubers - is Uber in London?)
I still don't 'get' the oversized pix of her daughter's on her tote - I have photos in frames on surfaces or walls where I can see them - I don't carry them around facing away from me just so strangers will see the photo - it seems so odd to me almost as if she wants strangers to stare and to know who she is, like she's afraid she won't be recognized, I guess she craves the attention.
IME when riding public transport best to blend in and not call attention to yourself.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

I agree, that's just weird. "Just so you all know, I'm the mother of two princesses".
Oh dear, she looks terrible. What is going on with her?
Old 05-27-2016, 06:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Why would she take the tube rather than a taxi (or one of Dave's co.'s Ubers - is Uber in London?)
I still don't 'get' the oversized pix of her daughter's on her tote - I have photos in frames on surfaces or walls where I can see them - I don't carry them around facing away from me just so strangers will see the photo - it seems so odd to me almost as if she wants strangers to stare and to know who she is, like she's afraid she won't be recognized, I guess she craves the attention.
IME when riding public transport best to blend in and not call attention to yourself.
A major reason for taking the Tube is that it is often the fastest way around London given the traffic congestion there.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
A major reason for taking the Tube is that it is often the fastest way around London given the traffic congestion there.
Ah, thank you for explaining - being a native Californian we don't have much in the way of mass transit and IME when I worked in SF taking BART, muni, cable car or a bus was just as slow for getting around the city as a Taxi - although BART could be faster when heading to the east bay or south of the city.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah taking the Tube is part of her charm as she has always seemed to enjoy doing the 'normal' things that other people do. The bag is something she loves, it's Anya Hindmarch and we all know Sarah takes it basically everywhere. She adores her children, and sure some people say she uses it to remind everyone she's the mother of blood royals - but it's not like anyone actually needs reminding of that, most people on the Tube over age 30 will know who she is.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's such a Fergie thing to do. Taking the tube but making sure everyone knows who she is.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't find anything charming about this behaviour, just plain daft on so many fronts.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
That's such a Fergie thing to do. Taking the tube but making sure everyone knows who she is.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Exactly, it's a gimmick.
She wants to give the impression she is down to earth and one of the people.
(Probably as a ploy for selling something).

But she can't quite give up the spotlight, can she?
Old 05-28-2016, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree with all the past comments about Fergie. The trouble is that as she gets older she is going to get even more irrelevant to the general public in Britain than she is now. She's already been forced to admit not to long ago that she hadn't met Kate or George or Charlotte (in other words hasn't seen William to speak to for years.) And so we get silly 'messages' from her like this. It's a 'Look at me. I'm still a Royal. I'm close to Andrew still, and look at my girls!'

Heaven knows what will happen when Beatrice and Eugenie marry and settle down into private life as they eventually and inevitably will.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMO the lighting of the picture seems all wrong to have been taken where stated. Doctored photo? Might be. A lot being assumed. Sarah is an easy mark. Looks like a set-up. JMO.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson set to spill her secrets at £10k a time in Canada | Daily Mail Online

I don't think for one moment that Fergie will be spilling anything except her amazing secrets towards self-fulfilment and other bits of the psycho-babble she's been spouting for years. However, it seems to be pretty clear that this has been in the pipeline for some time. Fergie has alighted on a new source of income here, and was IMO a driving force in persuading Beatrice to do the same thing.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Sarah Ferguson set to spill her secrets at £10k a time in Canada | Daily Mail Online

I don't think for one moment that Fergie will be spilling anything except her amazing secrets towards self-fulfilment and other bits of the psycho-babble she's been spouting for years. However, it seems to be pretty clear that this has been in the pipeline for some time. Fergie has alighted on a new source of income here, and was IMO a driving force in persuading Beatrice to do the same thing.
It may be new in that it's in Canada, but in the past I've seen websites of U.S. agencies advertizing her as a speaker.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't imagine anyone would hire her, she makes a mess of everything she touches.
But perhaps she could tell people what not to do?

At least she has an occupation, sort of.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Whaaaat?? I realize she needs to make a living but this is...I can't even think of a word!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

I don't understand why anyone is clutching their pearls over this news. Sarah has been on the public speaking circuit since her divorce in 1996. She's done public speaking tours in Canada for years. For whatever reason, likely a slow news day, the British tabs crafted an article out of the rate she's charging to give a speech from her Canadian agents.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:49 AM
Courtier

I'm just surprised people are still paying her. She really isn't a glowing advertisement for anything.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:25 PM
Commoner

In one of Fergie's bankruptcies it was reported that she owed her personal aide/assistant thousands but was only required to pay a ridiculously low amount - something like 10 p per pound.

Does anyone know if this the same personal assistant?
Old 06-29-2016, 09:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think so. Andrews only worked for Sarah up until 1997 and that was years ahead of the bankruptcy.

Personally, I think whatever Andrews has been smoking, I want some. She wants Meryl Streep to play her should a movie be made? I think she's being far too over optimistic about just how popular the "life and times" of someone that left the British Royal Family 2 decades ago would be to the general public. In order to really sell, it would have to be loaded with some really provable juicy tidbits about Sarah and the royal family and if so, I think she'd better have some really good lawyers on retainer.

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in this book if it came to my door with a free case of wine but that's just me.