The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #641  
Old 04-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Madison, United States
Posts: 12
There is an aspect of Sarah which speaks volumes to me about her - not just her lack of money management schemes. It is this: she doesn't seem to have good friends. She has friends whom she supposedly hires as 'personal assistants'. This is not the same as having friends. And the friends she says she has are people who really look like hangers on (or in some cases - like Margaret Thatcher - Sarah is the hanger on).

Then we hear in the news that although Sarah hired this person and they were 'friends' she felt nothing to fail paying them honest wages for honest work. Then she smiles for the cameras while holding $10,000 handbags.......

This woman is what we see she is clearly - she is a parasite living a parasitical lifestyle.

They are not a 'close' family - I suspect that she's manipulating the girls to support her lifestyle. To me this is evident by the fact that the girls - and Andrew for that matter - are not moving on with their lives. They are in a state of stasis - just living each day courtesy of trust fund money.

- Bea is dating a man for over 8 years. I do not see a relationship here in any photos taken of the couple. He looks to me like a social climber using her. But she has not progressed in her life. I don't mean marriage. What I mean is that she hasn't taken a singular focus in her life which betters it: career, marriage, education, charitable mission. She floats through each day aimlessly (just like her cousin William).
- Andrew - there is no excuse as to why he has not moved on relationship wise since his divorce. He seems in a state of stasis as well. Still expecting to be the heir of the heir and still expecting to have a royal role for himself and everyone.
-Eugenie - the only one I have hopes for. Appears to be really taking a stab at having a career. I just hope that her mother doesn't ruin it for her.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #642  
Old 04-30-2016, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaSmile View Post
There is an aspect of Sarah which speaks volumes to me about her - not just her lack of money management schemes. It is this: she doesn't seem to have good friends. She has friends whom she supposedly hires as 'personal assistants'. This is not the same as having friends. And the friends she says she has are people who really look like hangers on (or in some cases - like Margaret Thatcher - Sarah is the hanger on).

Then we hear in the news that although Sarah hired this person and they were 'friends' she felt nothing to fail paying them honest wages for honest work. Then she smiles for the cameras while holding $10,000 handbags.......

This woman is what we see she is clearly - she is a parasite living a parasitical lifestyle.

They are not a 'close' family - I suspect that she's manipulating the girls to support her lifestyle. To me this is evident by the fact that the girls - and Andrew for that matter - are not moving on with their lives. They are in a state of stasis - just living each day courtesy of trust fund money.

- Bea is dating a man for over 8 years. I do not see a relationship here in any photos taken of the couple. He looks to me like a social climber using her. But she has not progressed in her life. I don't mean marriage. What I mean is that she hasn't taken a singular focus in her life which betters it: career, marriage, education, charitable mission. She floats through each day aimlessly (just like her cousin William).
- Andrew - there is no excuse as to why he has not moved on relationship wise since his divorce. He seems in a state of stasis as well. Still expecting to be the heir of the heir and still expecting to have a royal role for himself and everyone.
-Eugenie - the only one I have hopes for. Appears to be really taking a stab at having a career. I just hope that her mother doesn't ruin it for her.
That is a very ignorant comment. Sarah is well known for having many long time friends. Sir David Tang and Lady Tang, Sir David and Lady Carina Frost, Sir Bob Geldof, Paddy McNally, The Marchioness of Milford Haven, The Duke and Duchess of Roxburghe, Naomi Campbell, Tania Bryer, Richard Branson, Giorgio Veroni and Tamara Beckwith, among many, many other people, are all longtime 20+ year friends of Sarah. And then there are the friends she has lost at young ages to illness like Caroline Cotterall, who was her greatest friend since their teenage years.

Sarah has always maintained friendships for her earliest days as a chalet girl in Switzerland. If anything, it's her best quality.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #643  
Old 04-30-2016, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,301
And I think your comment is very rude, especially to someone new on TRF. Many of the people you mention are people SF uses, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #644  
Old 04-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
That is a very ignorant comment. Sarah is well known for having many long time friends. Sir David Tang and Lady Tang, Sir David and Lady Carina Frost, Sir Bob Geldof, Paddy McNally, The Marchioness of Milford Haven, The Duke and Duchess of Roxburghe, Naomi Campbell, Tania Bryer, Richard Branson, Giorgio Veroni and Tamara Beckwith, among many, many other people, are all longtime 20+ year friends of Sarah. And then there are the friends she has lost at young ages to illness like Caroline Cotterall, who was her greatest friend since their teenage years.

Sarah has always maintained friendships for her earliest days as a chalet girl in Switzerland. If anything, it's her best quality.
I would dispute the notion she is 'well known' for having long time friends. I follow the York family news sporadically on here and probably know more about the BRF then the average person on the street (in the sense that most the posters on here do) and I wouldn't have thought straight away 'oh Sarah Ferguson, she's got lots of long term friends'.
That's not to say your wrong and indeed I'm sure she does have lots of friends she's been close to for a long time. That being said I see what MonaLisaSmile was getting at, the vast majority of people wouldn't think Sarah Ferguson, long time friend. Remember this is the woman who left her staff, whom she called friends, out of pocket when she went bankrupt but didn't let her own luxury lifestyle be affected too much.
Reply With Quote
  #645  
Old 04-30-2016, 06:30 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaSmile View Post
There is an aspect of Sarah which speaks volumes to me about her - not just her lack of money management schemes. It is this: she doesn't seem to have good friends. She has friends whom she supposedly hires as 'personal assistants'. This is not the same as having friends. And the friends she says she has are people who really look like hangers on (or in some cases - like Margaret Thatcher - Sarah is the hanger on).

Then we hear in the news that although Sarah hired this person and they were 'friends' she felt nothing to fail paying them honest wages for honest work. Then she smiles for the cameras while holding $10,000 handbags.......

This woman is what we see she is clearly - she is a parasite living a parasitical lifestyle.

They are not a 'close' family - I suspect that she's manipulating the girls to support her lifestyle. To me this is evident by the fact that the girls - and Andrew for that matter - are not moving on with their lives. They are in a state of stasis - just living each day courtesy of trust fund money.

- Bea is dating a man for over 8 years. I do not see a relationship here in any photos taken of the couple. He looks to me like a social climber using her. But she has not progressed in her life. I don't mean marriage. What I mean is that she hasn't taken a singular focus in her life which betters it: career, marriage, education, charitable mission. She floats through each day aimlessly (just like her cousin William).
- Andrew - there is no excuse as to why he has not moved on relationship wise since his divorce. He seems in a state of stasis as well. Still expecting to be the heir of the heir and still expecting to have a royal role for himself and everyone.
-Eugenie - the only one I have hopes for. Appears to be really taking a stab at having a career. I just hope that her mother doesn't ruin it for her.
JMO - but almost all of this is opinion rather than clear anything.
Reply With Quote
  #646  
Old 05-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Madison, United States
Posts: 12
Apologies - I did not frame my comments as IMO as I thought it was understood that it was only my opinion. For clarification: my comment above was only my opinion as I do not know Sarah personally.

Nor do you.

My feel for what Sarah might be like as a person is derived from 2 biographies (not autobiographies) written about her.

I've also read 2 biographies of Richard Branson. Sorry - this guy is ALL about promoting his Virgin brand or self promotion. Everything he does is done w/an eye to how much positive publicity he can derive for his brand. Judging by whom Richard Branson chooses as his own personal friends I doubt there is a friendship between Branson & Fergie.

However I firmly believe the friendships Bea & Eug have w/the Branson children appear to be genuine.

One of Fergies biographies covered the period of time she was engaged in an affair w/Steve Wyatt. Both of them behaved carelessly and with complete stupidity in front of other British aristocratic families.

An observation I have about British aristocracy is that they tend to be very careful not to offend the Royals or be seen in situations which may offend the Queen. I suspect the friendship she had w/the Tangs & Roxburghs may have been severely altered based upon the allegations this book. It would have had to have been. They were flaunting an illicit relationship making Andrew (a blood royal and the Queen's favorite) look like a complete fool.

The Roxburge family is heavily into golf, aristocracy, shooting pheasant and holidays in the North. These are Andrew's interests - never Fergies. Fergie traipses around the world on holiday at beach & ski resorts. Her interests are in her next business ventures.

Still I maintain my opinion that she is like a wet blanket on the lives of the girls & Andrew. They do not appear to be moving forward and growing. I find that concerning.
Reply With Quote
  #647  
Old 05-13-2016, 09:48 AM
eya eya is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,437
Sarah Ferguson shops in London's Mayfair following her split from toyboy Manuel Fernandez | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote
  #648  
Old 05-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
I do wish they'd stop referring to Manuel as her former "toy-boy." They're only eight years apart in age--hardly anything when people are 48 and 56!
Reply With Quote
  #649  
Old 05-13-2016, 03:28 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I do wish they'd stop referring to Manuel as her former "toy-boy." They're only eight years apart in age--hardly anything when people are 48 and 56!

It's quite sexist actually. That age difference would never even be worth noting if the older partner were a man. Many wealthy men date women who are younger than them by much more than 8 years and it's not considered worth remarking on.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #650  
Old 05-16-2016, 02:58 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It's quite sexist actually. That age difference would never even be worth noting if the older partner were a man. Many wealthy men date women who are younger than them by much more than 8 years and it's not considered worth remarking on.
I agree 100%. Plus it's very disrespectful to the man who has found an older woman attractive. There is so much animus packed into that term. Unpleasant.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #651  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
I agree with the previous couple of posts. The DM is one of the most horrible newspapers out there.
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 05-18-2016, 02:20 AM
eya eya is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,437
Sarah Ferguson hits the shops in Mayfair leaving her bodyguard to carry her bags | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 05-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Duchessmary's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 1,233
She looks AWFUL.
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 05-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,365
Rode hard and put up wet.
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 05-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
She's looked pretty rough for awhile now.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 05-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,425
It's called aging, I think.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 05-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
Too much sun, too much alcohol, and we know that the DM is going to print the worst photos. I like her outfit.
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 05-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
It's more than aging Dman...look at the Queen at 90. Sarah looks hard and rough compared to her. Regardless of the picture taken. They aren't all taken in an unflattering manner.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 05-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's more than aging Dman...look at the Queen at 90. Sarah looks hard and rough compared to her. Regardless of the picture taken. They aren't all taken in an unflattering manner.


LaRae
People age differently you know. The Queen carries her age well, but you can tell that's a very old woman. Sarah has aged, but I like that she's not walking around with a brand new face.

Also, the DM very often use bad pictures and sometimes doctor them to make the person look bad. Right now, those pictures fit their narrative of her breaking up with her "boyfriend."
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
She's been in the media here before (US) on Oprah (not that long ago) etc....the press here has generally been favorable to her. She's always had a rougher look to her.

LaRae
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 3: August 2005-January 2006 marezdote Current Events Archive 181 01-19-2006 09:40 AM
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 1: January 2003-September 2004 Jacqueline Current Events Archive 170 09-23-2004 04:30 PM




Popular Tags
andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coronation coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dictatorship duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murder new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit fashion and style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises