The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Commoner

There is an aspect of Sarah which speaks volumes to me about her - not just her lack of money management schemes. It is this: she doesn't seem to have good friends. She has friends whom she supposedly hires as 'personal assistants'. This is not the same as having friends. And the friends she says she has are people who really look like hangers on (or in some cases - like Margaret Thatcher - Sarah is the hanger on).

Then we hear in the news that although Sarah hired this person and they were 'friends' she felt nothing to fail paying them honest wages for honest work. Then she smiles for the cameras while holding $10,000 handbags.......

This woman is what we see she is clearly - she is a parasite living a parasitical lifestyle.

They are not a 'close' family - I suspect that she's manipulating the girls to support her lifestyle. To me this is evident by the fact that the girls - and Andrew for that matter - are not moving on with their lives. They are in a state of stasis - just living each day courtesy of trust fund money.

- Bea is dating a man for over 8 years. I do not see a relationship here in any photos taken of the couple. He looks to me like a social climber using her. But she has not progressed in her life. I don't mean marriage. What I mean is that she hasn't taken a singular focus in her life which betters it: career, marriage, education, charitable mission. She floats through each day aimlessly (just like her cousin William).
- Andrew - there is no excuse as to why he has not moved on relationship wise since his divorce. He seems in a state of stasis as well. Still expecting to be the heir of the heir and still expecting to have a royal role for himself and everyone.
-Eugenie - the only one I have hopes for. Appears to be really taking a stab at having a career. I just hope that her mother doesn't ruin it for her.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaSmile View Post
There is an aspect of Sarah which speaks volumes to me about her - not just her lack of money management schemes. It is this: she doesn't seem to have good friends. She has friends whom she supposedly hires as 'personal assistants'. This is not the same as having friends. And the friends she says she has are people who really look like hangers on (or in some cases - like Margaret Thatcher - Sarah is the hanger on).

Then we hear in the news that although Sarah hired this person and they were 'friends' she felt nothing to fail paying them honest wages for honest work. Then she smiles for the cameras while holding $10,000 handbags.......

This woman is what we see she is clearly - she is a parasite living a parasitical lifestyle.

They are not a 'close' family - I suspect that she's manipulating the girls to support her lifestyle. To me this is evident by the fact that the girls - and Andrew for that matter - are not moving on with their lives. They are in a state of stasis - just living each day courtesy of trust fund money.

- Bea is dating a man for over 8 years. I do not see a relationship here in any photos taken of the couple. He looks to me like a social climber using her. But she has not progressed in her life. I don't mean marriage. What I mean is that she hasn't taken a singular focus in her life which betters it: career, marriage, education, charitable mission. She floats through each day aimlessly (just like her cousin William).
- Andrew - there is no excuse as to why he has not moved on relationship wise since his divorce. He seems in a state of stasis as well. Still expecting to be the heir of the heir and still expecting to have a royal role for himself and everyone.
-Eugenie - the only one I have hopes for. Appears to be really taking a stab at having a career. I just hope that her mother doesn't ruin it for her.
That is a very ignorant comment. Sarah is well known for having many long time friends. Sir David Tang and Lady Tang, Sir David and Lady Carina Frost, Sir Bob Geldof, Paddy McNally, The Marchioness of Milford Haven, The Duke and Duchess of Roxburghe, Naomi Campbell, Tania Bryer, Richard Branson, Giorgio Veroni and Tamara Beckwith, among many, many other people, are all longtime 20+ year friends of Sarah. And then there are the friends she has lost at young ages to illness like Caroline Cotterall, who was her greatest friend since their teenage years.

Sarah has always maintained friendships for her earliest days as a chalet girl in Switzerland. If anything, it's her best quality.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

And I think your comment is very rude, especially to someone new on TRF. Many of the people you mention are people SF uses, IMO.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
That is a very ignorant comment. Sarah is well known for having many long time friends. Sir David Tang and Lady Tang, Sir David and Lady Carina Frost, Sir Bob Geldof, Paddy McNally, The Marchioness of Milford Haven, The Duke and Duchess of Roxburghe, Naomi Campbell, Tania Bryer, Richard Branson, Giorgio Veroni and Tamara Beckwith, among many, many other people, are all longtime 20+ year friends of Sarah. And then there are the friends she has lost at young ages to illness like Caroline Cotterall, who was her greatest friend since their teenage years.

Sarah has always maintained friendships for her earliest days as a chalet girl in Switzerland. If anything, it's her best quality.
I would dispute the notion she is 'well known' for having long time friends. I follow the York family news sporadically on here and probably know more about the BRF then the average person on the street (in the sense that most the posters on here do) and I wouldn't have thought straight away 'oh Sarah Ferguson, she's got lots of long term friends'.
That's not to say your wrong and indeed I'm sure she does have lots of friends she's been close to for a long time. That being said I see what MonaLisaSmile was getting at, the vast majority of people wouldn't think Sarah Ferguson, long time friend. Remember this is the woman who left her staff, whom she called friends, out of pocket when she went bankrupt but didn't let her own luxury lifestyle be affected too much.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaSmile View Post

JMO - but almost all of this is opinion rather than clear anything.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Commoner

Apologies - I did not frame my comments as IMO as I thought it was understood that it was only my opinion. For clarification: my comment above was only my opinion as I do not know Sarah personally.

Nor do you.

My feel for what Sarah might be like as a person is derived from 2 biographies (not autobiographies) written about her.

I've also read 2 biographies of Richard Branson. Sorry - this guy is ALL about promoting his Virgin brand or self promotion. Everything he does is done w/an eye to how much positive publicity he can derive for his brand. Judging by whom Richard Branson chooses as his own personal friends I doubt there is a friendship between Branson & Fergie.

However I firmly believe the friendships Bea & Eug have w/the Branson children appear to be genuine.

One of Fergies biographies covered the period of time she was engaged in an affair w/Steve Wyatt. Both of them behaved carelessly and with complete stupidity in front of other British aristocratic families.

An observation I have about British aristocracy is that they tend to be very careful not to offend the Royals or be seen in situations which may offend the Queen. I suspect the friendship she had w/the Tangs & Roxburghs may have been severely altered based upon the allegations this book. It would have had to have been. They were flaunting an illicit relationship making Andrew (a blood royal and the Queen's favorite) look like a complete fool.

The Roxburge family is heavily into golf, aristocracy, shooting pheasant and holidays in the North. These are Andrew's interests - never Fergies. Fergie traipses around the world on holiday at beach & ski resorts. Her interests are in her next business ventures.

Still I maintain my opinion that she is like a wet blanket on the lives of the girls & Andrew. They do not appear to be moving forward and growing. I find that concerning.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson shops in London's Mayfair following her split from toyboy Manuel Fernandez | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Majesty

I do wish they'd stop referring to Manuel as her former "toy-boy." They're only eight years apart in age--hardly anything when people are 48 and 56!
Old 05-13-2016, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I do wish they'd stop referring to Manuel as her former "toy-boy." They're only eight years apart in age--hardly anything when people are 48 and 56!

It's quite sexist actually. That age difference would never even be worth noting if the older partner were a man. Many wealthy men date women who are younger than them by much more than 8 years and it's not considered worth remarking on.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-16-2016, 02:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It's quite sexist actually. That age difference would never even be worth noting if the older partner were a man. Many wealthy men date women who are younger than them by much more than 8 years and it's not considered worth remarking on.
I agree 100%. Plus it's very disrespectful to the man who has found an older woman attractive. There is so much animus packed into that term. Unpleasant.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Majesty

I agree with the previous couple of posts. The DM is one of the most horrible newspapers out there.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson hits the shops in Mayfair leaving her bodyguard to carry her bags | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

She looks AWFUL.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Rode hard and put up wet.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

She's looked pretty rough for awhile now.

LaRae
Old 05-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's called aging, I think.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Majesty

Too much sun, too much alcohol, and we know that the DM is going to print the worst photos. I like her outfit.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It's more than aging Dman...look at the Queen at 90. Sarah looks hard and rough compared to her. Regardless of the picture taken. They aren't all taken in an unflattering manner.

LaRae
Old 05-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's more than aging Dman...look at the Queen at 90. Sarah looks hard and rough compared to her. Regardless of the picture taken. They aren't all taken in an unflattering manner.

LaRae
People age differently you know. The Queen carries her age well, but you can tell that's a very old woman. Sarah has aged, but I like that she's not walking around with a brand new face.

Also, the DM very often use bad pictures and sometimes doctor them to make the person look bad. Right now, those pictures fit their narrative of her breaking up with her "boyfriend."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

She's been in the media here before (US) on Oprah (not that long ago) etc....the press here has generally been favorable to her. She's always had a rougher look to her.

LaRae