The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2016, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Was she at the Montblanc ??

Old 04-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing for sure is that if I had a business and/or a lot of money that needed handling and/or invested, I would go to a financial advisor that is accredited and definitely check into his/her reputation in the financial world.

To see Sarah as a corporate business advisor ranks right up there with me setting up shop and hanging out my shingle as the world renowned fitness trainer and health expert. I could get the clients but when it came to actually doing what I said I could do, I'd fall really, really short and go out of business fast.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-06-2016, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD2bsijgzIB/
Old 04-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...er-mills-amon/

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-07-2016, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

How bags personalised with your photographs have become the next big thing | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-07-2016, 04:36 AM
Courtier

How many times has Sarah nearly been bankrupt and been bailed out by rich friends and Andrew? See most people wouldn't have that to fall back on. Sarah is the last person to give any sort of business advice a couple of her charities have closed down with clouds over their heads. AS for that bag she has had it for years and really by now it's past cute.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ed-family.html

Duchess of York talks about Prince Andrew and being 'unified'
Old 04-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad that the Duchess is happy and has a 'unified family' and a new line of flavoured teas coming out. Now just go away!
Old 04-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I'm glad that the Duchess is happy and has a 'unified family' and a new line of flavoured teas coming out. Now just go away!
I'm glad to see her doing well. Some people had a good time kicking her when she was down, but she's doing well. She can't "go away" because she have to live her life.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She can't "go away" because she have to live her life.

But she doesn't have to live it in the public eye.
She puts herself out there.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Sarah continues to support various charities and carry out duties for them. She's involved in various ventures as well. In order to continue doing what she's doing, she's going to be in the publics eye regardless. She got to live her life and it's going to attract attention. That's just how the cookie crumbles for her since 1986. Her only choice is make the best of it and carry on.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
As much as I do admire the charity work that she does, it does seem that for some reason, Sarah seems to want to make herself into someone the public and consumers will look up to and admire and want to be "just like" Sarah. Its not going to happen as that ship sailed a long time ago. Its sort of sad that she didn't realize the impact she could have made as part of the royal family. Trying to cash in on who she once was 20 years ago just isn't going to work.

Sometimes we all learn lessons late in life.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As much as I do admire the charity work that she does, it does seem that for some reason, Sarah seems to want to make herself into someone the public and consumers will look up to and admire and want to be "just like" Sarah. Its not going to happen as that ship sailed a long time ago. Its sort of sad that she didn't realize the impact she could have made as part of the royal family. Trying to cash in on who she once was 20 years ago just isn't going to work.

Sometimes we all learn lessons late in life.
She may no longer be royal, but it doesn't mean that she can't continue on doing charity work and making a little difference in other people's lives. Some can't let go of her past mistakes, but she's moving on and doing great things. I think that's a positive reflection on her.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She may no longer be royal, but it doesn't mean that she can't continue on doing charity work and making a little difference in other people's lives. Some can't let go of her past mistakes, but she's moving on and doing great things. I think that's a positive reflection on her.

But she's not moving on she still brings Andrew and her wedding day into every interview. Moving on would be not talking about the BRF at all.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Her philanthropy and her work for charity is to be commended for sure and I'm happy she's found her niche in working for the causes she has committed herself to.

The point I was trying to bring across is that her commercial ventures whether it be weight loss teas or whatever else she has tried to "plug" to the public and in doing so, creating a "brand" of Sarah, Duchess of York is something I don't see going very far and in a way, its sad as it seems that she's trying to capitalize on who she once was. What stands out in this respect for me is that I think if it were the case that she really had something she believed in and believed in herself totally, she wouldn't rely on the "Duchess of York" angle. It may sound crude and rude but to me, it sounds like she using her once upon a time connection to the British royal family as a lure.

I do understand that she's well within her rights to keep on using the courtesy title of a divorced spouse of a peer but I just feel it can be seen as misleading. Too many times the media still makes the mistake of calling her The Duchess of York especially here in the US.
― John Lennon
Old 04-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But she's not moving on she still brings Andrew and her wedding day into every interview. Moving on would be not talking about the BRF at all.

I don't understand why people would have a problem with her bringing up her family. Andrew, their daughters and The Queen may be royal, but it's still her family. She not only enjoy talking a bit about her family, but so does Prince Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie. She's not spilling any beans or talking about anything inappropriate, but just expressing how proud she is of her family and how she admires her former mother-in-law. That's a happy and healthy thing for her to do, not something that should be put down.

Quote:
Her philanthropy and her work for charity is to be commended for sure and I'm happy she's found her niche in working for the causes she has committed herself to.

The point I was trying to bring across is that her commercial ventures whether it be weight loss teas or whatever else she has tried to "plug" to the public and in doing so, creating a "brand" of Sarah, Duchess of York is something I don't see going very far and in a way, its sad as it seems that she's trying to capitalize on who she once was. What stands out in this respect for me is that I think if it were the case that she really had something she believed in and believed in herself totally, she wouldn't rely on the "Duchess of York" angle. It may sound crude and rude but to me, it sounds like she using her once upon a time connection to the British royal family as a lure.

I do understand that she's well within her rights to keep on using the courtesy title of a divorced spouse of a peer but I just feel it can be seen as misleading. Too many times the media still makes the mistake of calling her The Duchess of York especially here in the US.
Well, her brand is part royal, despite her divorce. Her brand became royal when she married into one the most famous royal dynasties in the world. She's no longer an HRH, but her royal image has helped her make a living for herself after the divorce. She still have to live and eat and have other obligations to take care of. I don't think her former mother-in-law, ex-husband and daughters have a problem with her brand. If so, it all would've changed long ago. I think as long as she's not writing a complete tell-all book about her royal relatives, she's doing just fine.

If she had lived, her sister-in-law would've been in the same boat.

We all know when it comes to titles, the American media isn't good at getting it right.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

'If she had lived her sister in law would have been in the same boat.'

That points to the crux of the matter to me, because no she wouldn't. Diana came from a wealthy family. Sarah didn't. Major Ferguson not only had very little wealth but had a second family to support.

Diana got the best divorce lawyers money could buy, and a reputed 17 million pound settlement after her marriage ended. I have no doubt that there was some sort of confidentiality clause tied up with her divorce as well.

Sarah famously supposedly said, when the Queen asked her about what she required from the divorce, that she just wanted to keep her (the Queen's) respect and love. She's a warmhearted woman and that was a typical statement, (if a staggering one considering her own actions) but it was hardly practical. She was reputedly extravagant throughout her marriage and she should have, for her own sake, have been more hardheaded.

The Queen was as generous as she could be and of course the wellbeing of her granddaughters was uppermost in her mind. Andrew has been similarly generous to his ex in offering housing at crisis moments in her life. However he had little wealth of his own.

Sarah should have asked for more and held out for more in my opinion. Because she lacked a long term view and self analysis, and possibly felt that her future would include marriage to a wealthy American like Wyatt she ignored the fact that she had become used, after her marriage to Prince Andrew, to a certain standard of living and that she liked travelling and spending money.

Possibly if her divorce settlement had been tripled, with the way money trickles through Sarah's hands it would have disappeared anyway. I don't know. If she had employed a top class financial adviser, perhaps not. However, her divorce settlement wasn't generous and from it has come all the entanglements, all the disasters, all the failed business ventures, the bankruptcy, the need to borrow from her children's trust accounts, the awful publicity which has impacted indirectly on the BRF.

She is, I believe, a woman who has a deep psychological need to be known, liked, respected, by the public. Selling access to her ex husband, flogging hair curling wands, etc on US TV sales channels isn't the way to go about it, nor are the regular TV interviews talking about her weight loss and self improvement techniques (no she hasn't 'improved', she's still basically the same irrepressible, irresponsible woman she was in her twenties, in spite of all her disasters.) She mentions the Royal family a lot, still, two decades after her divorce, because it helps her commercial interests (she believes,) in the US. However, her sell by date there is fast approaching.

If a remotely realistic divorce package had been offered and accepted Sarah may have married a wealthy American and settled partially in the US, hardly ever to be heard from again, and in my view it's a pity the BRF lawyers didn't advise the Queen in that direction for the sake of the Yorks' future reputation, for which Sarah, Duchess of York has done nothing At All.

So sorry for the terribly long rant!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

17 million may sound like a lot, and it is, but not if you live the kind of lifestyle Diana and other royals/former royals did and do. 600,000 to pay for the running of her household as well, a year. Honestly how much of 17 million do you think would be left after 19 years of divorce? Diana would have had to find other sources of income. And there is no way she would have disappeared into the wood work and become a kindergarten teacher or something not requiring her royal connections.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Majesty

Thanks for putting into words thoughts that I couldn't find the words to express. You've summed things up pretty nicely I think.

Unfortunately, Sarah has always been a person that has always depended on other people and has never really learned to stand on her own two feet as an independent woman and had to clean up her own messes. Its not a bad trait really as there are multitudes of people out there that have this "live for today" way of looking at things and living life. She's just been very fortunate that she has a loving family including a caring ex-husband that has her back should she need it.
― John Lennon
Old 04-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

The point is that Sarah is doing well for herself and she seems to be in a happy place. I know folks enjoy kicking her around, but I guess that won't change. It's become an enjoyable sport for some. I just hope she continues to do well and be happy.

I also don't have a problem with her speaking well about her loved ones. If you're surrounded by a very loving and supportive family, you have every right to be proud and should be able to express your love for them. Nothing wrong with that at all. Her ex-husband do the same when he gets a chance, but I don't see anyone expressing a dislike of him speaking about his own family. Double standard though.

Quote:
Thanks for putting into words thoughts that I couldn't find the words to express. You've summed things up pretty nicely I think.

Unfortunately, Sarah has always been a person that has always depended on other people and has never really learned to stand on her own two feet as an independent woman and had to clean up her own messes. Its not a bad trait really as there are multitudes of people out there that have this "live for today" way of looking at things and living life. She's just been very fortunate that she has a loving family including a caring ex-husband that has her back should she need it.
Sarah do stand on her own two feet and work hard to make a living for herself. Sure, she's had some failures and messed up a few times, but she gets up, dust herself off and try again. Thank God she have a loving support team around her and don't take pleasure in kicking her when she's down.

She keep herself busy by supporting various charities, being a supportive mom, being a friend to her ex and carrying on with her life. I don't see why folks would even try finding fault with any of this.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS