The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness

It is looking like a conspiracy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I posted the CC showing Sarah in the Court Circular for 27th January.

It is surprising but maybe she knew Sebastian de Ferranti as well.

All sorts of people make to the CC if they are representing an official royal at an event.
I don't really follow the Court Circular closely. Do non-HRH's ever represent members of the royal family at events listed on the Court Circular?

Old 02-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

On 30th January, The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, Charles & Andrew were all supposed to be at a memorial service but none of them went, each sending someone else - all non-royals - in their place to represent them, and those other people are named in the Court Circular on the Monarchy website. http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...aysevents.aspx
(ETA Actually that link doesn't take you to the search-results page. You can't link to the results page, you still have to put in the date you want.)

This amuses me. I imagine the Royals getting together and deciding to play truant and go to the pub or something, and send someone else in their place. Something must have been happening on the 30th to keep them all away from Cambridge that afternoon.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
On 30th January, The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, Charles & Andrew were all supposed to be at a memorial service but none of them went, each sending someone else in their place to represent them, and those other people are named in the Court Circular on the Monarchy website. http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...aysevents.aspx

This amuses me. I imagine them all getting together and deciding to play truant and go to the pub or something.
love this!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess if York is selling the £150,000 Bentley for just £33,995* | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote from the article " A friend of the Duchess told the newspaper: 'She’s always short of cash so selling a car she doesn’t use makes sense.'"
I had hoped that Sarah's days of 'always being short of cash' were behind her and that she had learned from past mistakes, learned to live within her means and that her new businesses were generating enough cash to support her lifestyle - this, if true, does not bode well, IMO, as 34,000 doesn't seem like much given Sarah's extravagant lifestyle.
But it is the Daily fail and thus maybe much ado about nothing and just the Mail's usual swipe at Sarah.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Courtier

If it's true and it does seem pretty detailed and so far hasn't been denied. Someone is going to make a killing. Sorry I find it really tacky she isn't exactly homeless she is still going to parties and travelling all over the world how hard up can she be? If it is true it shows she really has learnt nothing and give her another year or two and we will be back to a bankrupt Sarah. You have to admit Sarah does make it easy for them.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla helps bring outcast Fergie back into royal fold-
Camilla helps bring outcast Fergie back into royal fold, SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE writes | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Commoner

RE: "being always in need of cash"

Its more than Fergies travels & international events.

Its the fact that when pictures are taken of her she's wearing expensive clothes and new handbags which go for thousands of dollars.

RE: the sale of the Bently
I don't mean to be unkind but I find the gift from the man to her suspicious. I would like to know why he decided to give her such an expensive gift and why he chose that particular gift.....

RE: Camilla bringing Fergie into the royal fold
Everyone knows the Daily Mail loves to stir up emotions. I have to work hard to maintain calm. This article, for instance. The idea of Fergie returning to the royal fold in any way makes my blood boil. She blew it. She needs to move on but she just keeps clinging like a limpet.

But this article is piffle. It is more than just Prince Philip who stands in the way of any good will towards Fergie. Charles can't stand her either.....
Old 02-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFluffs View Post
RE: Camilla bringing Fergie into the royal fold
Everyone knows the Daily Mail loves to stir up emotions. I have to work hard to maintain calm. This article, for instance. The idea of Fergie returning to the royal fold in any way makes my blood boil. She blew it. She needs to move on but she just keeps clinging like a limpet.
From reading the article, coming back into "the royal fold" is not actually what happened. It had more to do with her work supporting Elephant Family which Charles and Camilla are now patrons of than actually being taken to the bosom of the BRF.

Once again the Fail misleads.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another attempt to hit Sarah in the head again. This woman has moved on in her life.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Another attempt to hit Sarah in the head again. This woman has moved on in her life.

No, that's the point, Fergie hasn't moved on! If only she would move on...

But she'll never move on, she'll hang on Andrew like a millstone for as long as he'll allow it (and at this point I suppose that will be for the rest of his life).

I imagine he'll end up clearing her debts again...but, as long as he accepts that, there's no incentive for her to change.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the woman sells her car, what business is that of ours? and why do we need to go through this Fergie bashing all over again? Many people sell their car. Sarah has moved on, the problem is, her critics haven't moved on and they always get a kick out of kicking her no matter what.

Also, lets not knock Sarah around just because she remains very close to her family. That's her prerogative. The York's are a very close and loving family. Why on earth would anyone be upset over that. Be upset if the family was torn apart and going through tons of hurt and pain. The York's are doing just fine and I think folks just need to leave them alone. Find another bone to chew on.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Royal Highness

Moved on !!!! When all her stuff she sells on TV has "royal " thrown in somewhere and interviews about royals etc not my idea of moved on

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Moved on !!!! When all her stuff she sells on TV has "royal " thrown in somewhere and interviews about royals etc not my idea of moved on

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Well, she is Sarah, Duchess of York. Her daughter's are Princesses of the UK and Commonwealth and she once was married to The Queen's son. Like it or not, she's forever linked to royal life, no matter her divorce.

Sarah has moved on in her life. She's got a couple of business ventures going on. She's lost weight and looking pretty good. She's got the love and support of her family around her. I mean, things are going pretty well for her.

Then again, she is the media and other royal watcher's favorite punching bag, so no matter what she do, she get the most unfair treatment from people who don't want to see her do well or look well. I know folks just want her to drop off the face of the planet and never be seen or heard from again. Sad, just sad.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Commoner

Sarah will forever be linked to the royals. If that connection had been severed after the divorce, it would be completely different. She is still called Sarah, Duchess of York. Her children, who she has a strong relationship with are royal, and her presence will be there the rest of her life.

As someone outside The Firm, she has to support herself. Is Princess Michael judged for selling books? Crown Princess Marie-Chantal has a children's clothing line that we have seen many royal children wearing. Is this a sell out too?

So what if she sells a car. Are we really going to judge Sarah for getting a car from a man? What other "gifts" have the royals accepted? Jewelry is ok, but cars not?

Another thought, would you say that the British royals are property wealthy but cash poor? (IMO, the Greek royal family would fall into this w/ the exception of CP Marie-Chantal) Would that be one of the reasons Sarah was considered "being always short on cash"?
Old 02-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Majesty

I wouldn't say that the BRF are cash-poor, no. Prince Charles, for example, is known for his extravagance. I think that they're relatively thrifty, and most of them don't go for ostentatious purchases. However, with all their personal inheritances and investments, they have quite a bundle. I've heard it said that the Dutch royal family is the most wealthy.

I think that Sarah's "short on cash" because she has expensive tastes and likes to give expensive presents. My opinion FWIW her problem isn't lack of income but poor wealth management. My general impression is of a woman who's kind but impractical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretijean View Post
Another thought, would you say that the British royals are property wealthy but cash poor? (IMO, the Greek royal family would fall into this w/ the exception of CP Marie-Chantal) Would that be one of the reasons Sarah was considered "being always short on cash"?
Old 02-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
... My general impression is of a woman who's kind but impractical.
I'll take a kind-but impractical- person over an unkind person any day- no matter how practical!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I wouldn't say that the BRF are cash-poor, no. Prince Charles, for example, is known for his extravagance. I think that they're relatively thrifty, and most of them don't go for ostentatious purchases. However, with all their personal inheritances and investments, they have quite a bundle. I've heard it said that the Dutch royal family is the most wealthy.

I think that Sarah's "short on cash" because she has expensive tastes and likes to give expensive presents. My opinion FWIW her problem isn't lack of income but poor wealth management. My general impression is of a woman who's kind but impractical.
I thought it was mentioned that Andrew now handles her finances?

We don't even know if the story about her car or even being "short on cash" is true. The DM is known to fabricate stories about Sarah. Is she sell her car, that is a normal thing. Everybody practically sell their car or something else, even royals.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

If we look both at WA and his mother, the Dutch are definitely by and far richer than most of the European monarchies. Their shares in Royal Shell make them billionaires. Hans Adam an Albert II of Monarco though were both listed as billionaires the last time Forbes did a list on richest royals. As far as I can see Hans Adam is by and far the richest in Europe. The prince of Lichtenstein foundation is between 6-7billion. While Shell is worth far more, the shares the Dutch royals own now are between 2-3 billion. (based on forbes stats from a few years ago).

Elizabeth doesn't even break the billion mark. And a lot of that is contained in property,art and non liquid assets. Of course she also has an annual income from Lancaster/government.

But I agree, it seems a major issue of management. Considering her endorsements, appearances, books and more, Sarah should be able to live quite the comfortable life. Many of her trips and such seem to be gifts from rich friends.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Ever since I read The President's Daughter, Sarah's personality really reminds me of Nan Britton.