The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah "stay with the duchess " sounds like something Fergie would do.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-14-2015, 01:37 AM
Majesty

She worked for an art-book publisher just before her engagement; and I think that she continued her work for awhile after her marriage, but based at Buckingham Palace. That seemed to quietly end at some point, perhaps before her daughters were born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Was she not working when she began dating Prince Andrew?

Old 08-30-2015, 01:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Duchess of York Fergie’s new $1k-a-go ‘guru’ whose*services include messages from the dead | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-30-2015, 02:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

OMG she offered financial advise. What a hoot

Old 08-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Courtier

Thanks Duke of Marmalade. I did remember reading about her alleged interest in the supernatural previously.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sarah Ferguson takes toyboy Manuel Fernandez to Bob Geldof’s wedding | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-20-2015, 04:51 AM
Courtier

So glad to see Sir Bob Geldof have some happiness. Sarah Duchess of York and her younger man, ya know as long as it keeps them happy, fair play to her. They are both consenting adults and I have to confess I am nothing to write home about but have dated a few younger men and it ups ones self confidence endlessly. Lets hope she can find peace of mind and heart and move on with her life.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Resplendent in a flattering midnight blue ensemble, Sarah Ferguson showed her support for the Silent No More Gynaecological Cancer Fund and The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity's campaign at a ladies' lunch.

The Duchess of York, who showcased a trim new figure for the occasion, joined socialites and IT girls at the annual ladies' lunch in support of the charity campaign held at Fortnum & Mason last week.

Sporting a healthy glow from her recent jaunt to France, the 55-year-old was in high spirits as she lent her support to the charity campaign.
Fergie attends Lady Garden lunch for gynaecological cancer charities | Daily Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Bought too much, Fergie? A makeup-free Duchess of York struggles with her shopping bags in Primrose Hill... until her driver lends a hand | Daily Mail Online

It appears that Sarah is currently in Britain.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Sarah Ferguson on Princess Beatrice: 'She's Very Financially Savvy' : People.com
According to this Sarah is back in New York and will celebrate birthday 56 (today) there w/ Beatrice.
Interesting that Sarah offers the comment that she is not good w/ money, wasn't she all a buzz just a short while ago about the beaucoup bucks she was going to make with her juicer and teas? I know she got one late night shot on a shopping channel - which I missed, has she had any additional slots? They only schedule returns for products if they make a decent profit. I kept watching for a repeat shopping channel appearance as if I saw one that would suggest that Sarah's juicer might in fact make some money for her.
Also interesting that she does not flog her juicer or her teas in the interview, in fact she doesn't mention them, not a good sign, IMO.
Rather now she's all about her next venture - pretty dishes. And she mentions her charity coming to the US (her last non profit in the US folded.)
Also claims she's not really moved to Switzerland.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

I knew she didn't move to Switzerland.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Sarah Ferguson on Princess Beatrice: 'She's Very Financially Savvy' : People.com
According to this Sarah is back in New York and will celebrate birthday 56 (today) there w/ Beatrice.
Interesting that Sarah offers the comment that she is not good w/ money, wasn't she all a buzz just a short while ago about the beaucoup bucks she was going to make with her juicer and teas? I know she got one late night shot on a shopping channel - which I missed, has she had any additional slots? They only schedule returns for products if they make a decent profit. I kept watching for a repeat shopping channel appearance as if I saw one that would suggest that Sarah's juicer might in fact make some money for her.
Also interesting that she does not flog her juicer or her teas in the interview, in fact she doesn't mention them, not a good sign, IMO.
Rather now she's all about her next venture - pretty dishes. And she mentions her charity coming to the US (her last non profit in the US folded.)
Also claims she's not really moved to Switzerland.
I think she flogs the juicer 3-4 times a year. She's not one of the weekly regulars on the shopping channels.
And I give her credit for being honest about her weaknesses. Of course, that takes some of the fun out of it when we hurl stones her way. But it is better for her personal evolution than not admitting to flaws and not trying to better them.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think she flogs the juicer 3-4 times a year. She's not one of the weekly regulars on the shopping channels.
And I give her credit for being honest about her weaknesses. Of course, that takes some of the fun out of it when we hurl stones her way. But it is better for her personal evolution than not admitting to flaws and not trying to better them.
Sarah first flogged the juicer in TV on 8/12/15, see post 429 of this thread, I've been watching to see if she had even a second TV QVC slot and have seen none.
I have no problem with Sarah and her 'personal evolution' however she should have evolved to a place of responsible spending using her own money the first time she owed several millions right after the divorce. Financial melt down number 2 should never have happened. I'm hopeful that we won't be treated to financial melt down 3 but her behaviors remind me very much of her prior failures, hopefully I'll be wrong.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah seems to be doing well these days, and the fact that she takes ownership of her faults has always been endearing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-16-2015, 12:54 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm all for folks that acknowledge their problems, foibles and shortcomings and take active steps to make their lives better day by day but I do question those that somehow make a miraculous change in their lives in a short amount of time and then proceed to go public with their methods even to the point of hawking a surefire way to success for financial gain.

Perhaps its reminiscent of a friend of mine I went bowling with once a long time ago. The first game he did horrible and blamed it on the ball. He then got another ball and came out on top of all of us to the point that by the third game he was teaching us all how to bowl.

Perhaps I'm skeptical but I do wish Sarah well and so far she seems to be living a rather calm, trouble free life and I hope it stays that way.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know if saying oh I'm bad with money really addresses her history money wise. But let's hope she has settled down with the spending.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I don't know if saying oh I'm bad with money really addresses her history money wise. But let's hope she has settled down with the spending.

As the most recent pic of her showed her needing assistance with her shopping bags.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ha ha yes maybe nothing has changed.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Sarah is very good at telling people what they want to hear. How is she making money? How much did she put into the place in Switzerland it wasn't that long ago she was on the brink again of bankruptcy. Let's wait and see if we do get another Sarah isn't paying her bills etc. She is constantly flying all over the place and doesn't really seem to have any sort of job so who is paying her bills? I didn't think she would move to Switzerland why would she when she lives at Royal Lodge and lives the lifestyle she would be if she was still married to Andrew. Her charities folded with clouds over them in the US etc I expect people will be paying special attention to any charities Sarah starts up again.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Ha ha yes maybe nothing has changed.

If she hasn't changed by now, she never will.

She spends money she doesn't have, and has a huge sense of entitlement because she once was married to a royal.

I think it's only a matter of time before she has to be bailed out of her financial entanglements- again!!!