The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
After almost 20 years divorce its about time i think to move.
Agreed!

She still has a room in Royal Lodge - she hasn't moved out forever.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Agreed!

She still has a room in Royal Lodge - she hasn't moved out forever.
No, I think it's safe to say that!

Old 08-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I think that's very brave of her. People tend to get complacent. They take the road of least resistance. It would have been easy for her to continue to rely on Andrew for room and board, and perhaps companionship . For her to "move on" without being forced shows a lot of growth. I think her new beau has been a good influence on her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What would make her pack up and move all the way to Switzerland?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Prince Philip's glares at Ascot, perhaps?
I must admit Roslyn, Phillip's reaction @ Ascot to her curtsey w/ the 'cat that ate the canary' look on her face, caused me to suspect that her being on the grounds was somehow engineered by Andrew w/out Phillip's knowledge. In my imagination I could conjure up all kinds of behind the scenes drama - but we will never know. It may well be that the ultimate plan was for her to move to Verbier when they bought the Chalet months ago.
This article Sarah, Duchess of York FINALLY moves out of marital home* | Daily Mail Online
suggests that in addition to the Chalet she is keeping a home in London and rooms @ Windsor - so 3 places? I do recall reports that she was letting a home in London from an old friend awhile back, but then nothing further. Hard to believe that her weight loss blender is generating enough profit @ this stage to support a house in London and the Chalet in Verbier - we shall see. If she's living there, then rather than renting the place out to pay the mortgage, I assume she will assume payments.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Hard to believe that her weight loss blender is generating enough profit @ this stage to support a house in London and the Chalet in Verbier - we shall see. If she's living there, then rather than renting the place out to pay the mortgage, I assume she will assume payments.
When did she ever assume payments for ANY thing?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
When did she ever assume payments for ANY thing?

Ha ha As far as I can see Andrew is still paying her expenses and will continue to do so. If I'm reading this right she has 3 places to live in ! Lucky girl

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-04-2015, 02:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the Daily Mail just made up the story for the sake of a story. Sarah hasn't moved anywhere particularly. JMO.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I think the Daily Mail just made up the story for the sake of a story. Sarah hasn't moved anywhere particularly. JMO.
Well, according to the Express her spokesman, James Henderson, confirmed the move, said she was keeping a London base and rooms at Royal Lodge for family events but that the majority of her time would be spent at the chalet, and moving vans were spotted moving her stuff. Whether she stays gone is anyone's guess. The last 2 years hasn't Sarah joined the Queen at Balmoral in August? Wonder if she will be there this year.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I guess I mis-called that. I wonder what's up? It seems an odd move, if it's really the case. JMO.

BTW just a side comment: I know of no woman who has been married to a wealthy, socially prominent spouse, who is not 'supported' (in some way) even 'in this day and age' of female independence in the West. The fact that Sarah lives the lifestyle of someone relatively free of the constraints of poverty and want should not be a surprise. Rather, I'd be surprised if she were not. That would be the true scandal.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:24 AM
Commoner

Fergie, Duchess of York is on QVC

Sarah Ferguson is selling her Fusion Xcelerator on QVC today.
Thought some of you may be interested to see her in action.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:10 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the warning.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sarah Ferguson appears on shopping channel QVC to promote $60 juicer she credits for helping her shift 55lbs | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't this the first time, is it? Oh I would like to say that at least she is not looking ridiculous this time!
Old 08-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Every time I think Fergie could not possibly be tackier, she pushes the envelope.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Verbier is one of the most expensive places in Switzerland !

Bling bling gathering , A famous bottle of champaign may cost 10.000 euros !
Old 08-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Its amazing what a juicer can do!
Old 08-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I take a wider view. She was ill-prepared to ever earn a living. People hate that she lived outside her means. At least she has found something that she can do and seems to be living more reasonably.

I'd go so far as to say that shopping is a major leisure activity here in America. She's just indulging us.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I take a wider view. She was ill-prepared to ever earn a living. People hate that she lived outside her means. At least she has found something that she can do and seems to be living more reasonably.

I'd go so far as to say that shopping is a major leisure activity here in America. She's just indulging us.
She found something she can do? They are sure this time?
Old 08-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Was she not working when she began dating Prince Andrew?
Old 08-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Who will pay her household in the expensive Verbier.

Will she be invited by everyone and share a Glass of a 10.000 euros Champagne Bottle.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I can see Fergie living in one part of this chalet and renting the rest out for those huge prices they go for weekly in the ski season. She may well act as a hostess for part of the renters' stay, joining them for some meals perhaps or skiing with them on the slopes.