The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2015, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I do not think Sarah is the one bringing William, Kate & George into the conversation, I think it is the American media that has a limited knowledge of the British Royal Family.

Sarah can always say I'm here to only talk about 'X' but even then someone will always ask about 'Y' and 'Z'.
You are correct. The American media has an extremely limited knowledge of the BRF. They actually don't care. It was really brought to everyone's attention when some flighty news little darling, commenting on William and Catherine's wedding and could not even get Prince Philip's name correct along with other close members of the family. Forget the other royal families that attended. She called Prince W-A of Holland's wife Bea! Not even Beatrix his mother's name. I almost fell off the chair.
Had no idea who Fred and Mary were. Finally she admitted that she should have brushed up on her foreign royalty. FOREIGN!!! Of course they are from foreign countries, we don't have Kings here in America. Anyway, she was pulled off after an ad and they went to NY coverage who were slightly better because proper British news people were helping out with comments. I am sure that the media doesn't give a fig about Sara, just want a bit of light nonsense about Kate so they ask the questions and Sara wants to look informed. By this time in her life, she should know better. She should just do recorded infomercials and skip the live events.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah was on Dr. Oz today. Here's where you can see her part of the show. Unfortunately, you cannot skip the ads and the same one runs over and over. However, her demeanor impressed me. She looks spectacular.
How Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, Lost 55 Pounds - Sarah Ferguson The Duchess of York: How She Lost 55 Pounds and the Scandal That Rocked the Royals | The Dr. Oz Show

Old 02-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks very nice. I am very glad she has figured things out. Interesting comment about Andrew at the start ....caught that about picking his jackets.

LaRae
Old 02-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Aristocracy

The Doctor Oz interview is one of Sarah's best because he gave her time to actually get her point out! She was calm, clear, positive and looks terrific.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Sarah was among the guests at the "British Love Poetry" book launch at Fortnum & Mason in London yesterday, February 3rd:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** dailymail: She's all art! Duchess of York shows passion for poetry, wearing chic belted black trench at London literary launch **
Old 02-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Commoner

Thanks for the links Kitty and Ice Flower

Looks like Sarah has had a few years living in luxury in Windsor Great Park...
keeping a low profile... communing with nature... watching her weight...

Now she is back on the social scene... looking gorgeous it must be said...
ready to attend events... support charities... fly to New York every month to
see Eugenie...

Looks like we will see a lot of Fergie in 2015 , lots of photo shoots, lots
of TV interviews
As her greatest fan......I for one ... wont be complaining !
Old 02-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Starofwonder, I like how you expressed: "Looks like we will see a lot of Fergie".
Would it not be sensational to see Sarah and Prince Andrew interviewed if Princess Beatrice's engagement is announced very soon?
Old 02-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Starofwonder, I like how you expressed: "Looks like we will see a lot of Fergie".
Would it not be sensational to see Sarah and Prince Andrew interviewed if Princess Beatrice's engagement is announced very soon?
A joint interview with Sarah and Andrew could very well be "sensational", but maybe not in the sense you mean.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

Mmm not sure if that would be a good idea at the moment or any time soon !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Watch: Sarah Ferguson takes to the catwalk during Fashion For Relief show-

Video: Watch: Sarah Ferguson takes to the catwalk during Fashion For Relief show - Telegraph

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Watch: Sarah Ferguson takes to the catwalk during Fashion For Relief show-

Video: Watch: Sarah Ferguson takes to the catwalk during Fashion For Relief show - Telegraph

Fun times. Not a good walk
Old 02-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Majesty

I think that her walk was very good, except for the arm-waving; and I think that she looked great. One thing that bothered me when Sarah was in the BRF was that she'd ruin the look of a beautiful ball gown or cocktail dress by the way she walked. She just wasn't 'ladylike'. However, she's pretty much in control of her body here. I like it.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Yep, she used to walk as if she was making her way through a barnyard .... not good. This was better, at least she didn't fall.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Courtier

Like the dress and yep her walk was better pity about the arms and faces she continues to pull which really doesn't look good at all on anyone.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the funny faces and arm waving, but that's Sarah; that's the way she is. I think it would have been worse if she'd tried to walk the way the other models were walking.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I don't like the funny faces and arm waving, but that's Sarah; that's the way she is. I think it would have been worse if she'd tried to walk the way the other models were walking.
I don't think Sarah in any way, shape or form was trying to emulate professional models. It was for a charity and she contributed doing what Sarah does best. Being Sarah. I imagine it really lightened the mood quite a bit watching her. Girl has guts.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Many of the participants are not models and many do their walk as a fun send up. There is a lot of over the top behavior - so Sarah is just one of the herd.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Commoner

Great discussion. I'm glad to see Sarah looking so fabulous. I think there has always been a lot more to her than people know.

I'm dead curious to find out what Sarah's actual "title" is. She goes by both her maiden name and Duchess of York. I"m assuming she has the right to continue to call herself the latter, but minus the "Her Royal Highness" which she would have used during her marriage. Yes?

Lots of divorced women continue to use their ex-husband's surname, but the divorced wife of a Royal is different and I've always wondered what, if any, rules there are about it.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Majesty

Her official name is "Sarah, Duchess of York", in the same way that The Princess of Wales became "Diana, Princess of Wales" after her divorce. Sarah allows people to call her The Duchess of York, but this is incorrect.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Her official name is "Sarah, Duchess of York", in the same way that The Princess of Wales became "Diana, Princess of Wales" after her divorce. Sarah allows people to call her The Duchess of York, but this is incorrect.
Ah, I see the difference. Interesting.

If Prince Andrew remarried (not likely I know) I wondered if the title "The Duchess of York" would be used by his new wife or if, like the Duchess of Cornwall, a different title would be found for her.