The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Aristocracy

In Finding Sarah, filmed in 2011, Sarah said to Suze Orman, in a throwaway remark, that she hadn't spent Christmas with her girls in 12 years, which would put 1999 as the last year she was a guest on the Sandringham Estate. Suze pushed her to say that it wasn't okay, which Sarah resisted, saying "it's not okay, but it has to be."

She's been in Klosters, Switzerland, the last few Christmastimes, in a chalet of Paddy McNally's, which Andrew and the girls come to for New Year's Eve.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Majesty

I stand corrected.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Sarah also said she never tried to sell access to Prince Andrew. Plenty of stories about Sarah staying at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate over Christmas. Even a story about Sarah being charged for a tree and the girls laundry for the time they stayed with her that was in 2007. Sarah has chosen to go to Switzerland to celebrate then the girls meet her there. Divorced parents always have agreements and these two get on so well it must off been ok with the both of them to do things this way. Sarah loves playing the victim.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Sometimes it seems like people are so hardened by their dislike of Sarah that they don't keep things in perspective.

Divorced parents usually do have some type of arrangements where they switch off for weekends, holidays, important events, etc. In other words, Andrew might have them for Christmas this year but next year the girls are with their mother for Christmas but that is certainly not the case with Beatrice and Eugenie. In the past a happy medium was that Sarah was allowed to stay on the estate and she should see them later on but really, now it appears she prefers to wait for them in Switzerland.

If this any other divorced mother, people would wonder why she doesn't get her daughters at all for the Christmas holiday. Did I miss something...has she been convicted of a crime...while the Queen has custody...it isn't like she lost her kids to the system because of her actions.

Hardly playing the victim. Of course, I recognize that the girls are the Queen's granddaughters , but I've always thought it was blatantly unfair.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Both the girls are adults now. If they wanted why not just tell Granny that they are spending Christmas with their Mum this year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Administrator

I agree with that assessment as well.

They are grown now and they can easily miss a year a two....but when they were younger....I do believe that it was an unfair arrangement. Sometimes I wonder if it wasn't Andrew who pushed they are royal princesses that need to be seen EVERY YEAR.

For the record, I believe the Queen has grown more tolerant for lack of a better word of other families involve d with the Windsors. And that is why you see Sophie's dad or the Middleton's....as opposed to Mark Phillips family who felt like he dropped off the face of the planet because they hardly saw him anymore after he married Anne.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Sarah also said she never tried to sell access to Prince Andrew. Plenty of stories about Sarah staying at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate over Christmas. Even a story about Sarah being charged for a tree and the girls laundry for the time they stayed with her that was in 2007. Sarah has chosen to go to Switzerland to celebrate then the girls meet her there. Divorced parents always have agreements and these two get on so well it must off been ok with the both of them to do things this way. Sarah loves playing the victim.
I absolutely, totally and fundamentally disagree with you on this point.

Yes things were pretty sad for Sarah over Christmas because I believe royal tradition trumped Christmas with mum. In the early years she was at least on the estate and did see the girls over Christmas. But the Yorks, all of them, created their own holiday tradition and that is New Year celebrations in the snow.

Sarah has never, ever, publically disrespected her ex-husband's family nor indeed her ex-husband himself let alone played the victim. She and Andrew have handled their divorce with a whole lot more grace than many people handle their marriages. They have their own traditions and it suits them.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-14-2015, 10:45 PM
Courtier

I wish Sarah wouldn't talk about the Cambridges. By her own admission she hasn't spoken to William since 1996 and has never met Catherine, so to discuss the couple is quite cringe worthy - even though she used very sweet words.

I did laugh at the look on Sarah's face when Meredith said the new baby would be a girl named Diana. You could tell she thought Meredith was gullible for believing the British tabloids.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Royal Highness

The media asks the questions and it is polite to answer. The media should stop asking every royal about other royals.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I wish Sarah wouldn't talk about the Cambridges. By her own admission she hasn't spoken to William since 1996 and has never met Catherine, so to discuss the couple is quite cringe worthy - even though she used very sweet words.
I totally get what you're saying, but if she had declined to answer the question, people would have been all over her for being rude and the media would have claimed there was some sort of feud between her and the Cambridges. While I admit I sighed a little watching it (why does she do these talkshows in the first place?), I do think she answered politely and appropriately.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah said nothing wrong, and she answered every question very nicely.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-15-2015, 02:14 AM
Royal Highness

Prince George of Cambridge, General News and Information: December 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
The media asks the questions and it is polite to answer. The media should stop asking every royal about other royals.

Her people only need to say to the media .. She will not be answering any question about William etc of course no one would want to talk to her then. So that would be the end of Sarah living off the royals And bye bye Sarah

If people keep answering questions about the royals the media will keep asking. That is the job of the media. Interview, investigate , report.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:21 AM
Courtier

She could have said that she isn't personally familiar with the couple, but that she has only heard lovely things.
I had no problem with her discussing Diana. She has authority on the subject and is one of the few who can give good insights on the late PssoW. But she has no background with the Cambridge's and shouldn't pretend otherwise. Cringe worthy name dropping of people you don't know.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
She could have said that she isn't personally familiar with the couple, but that she has only heard lovely things.
I had no problem with her discussing Diana. She has authority on the subject and is one of the few who can give good insights on the late PssoW. But she has no background with the Cambridge's and shouldn't pretend otherwise. Cringe worthy name dropping of people you don't know.
Sarah has known William since he was a baby and she has met Catherine. She know these people and she knows what's going on in their lives. She said nothing wrong and she only told what she know.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-15-2015, 02:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sarah has known William since he was a baby and she has met Catherine. She know these people and she knows what's going on in their lives. She said nothing wrong and she only told what she know.
Wrong. She has never met Catherine, she has admitted this in the recent past. She has not spoken to William since he was 14, she does not know them.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:40 AM
Royal Highness

Sarah and others in the family should turn the tables on the media when they try to make everything about the Cambridge family and say, 'Zara won silver in the Olympics and she is training for the Rio Olympics in hopes of a gold. Do cheer for Zara at the next Olympics.'

I'm sure that will derail the person.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Sarah and others in the family should turn the tables on the media when they try to make everything about the Cambridge family and say, 'Zara won silver in the Olympics and she is training for the Rio Olympics in hopes of a gold. Do cheer for Zara at the next Olympics.'

I'm sure that will derail the person.
I would love that. The Cambridges would probably love it too.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:34 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Right in that sentence is the reason Sarah answered questions about the Cambridges. To answer them perpetrates the fallacy that Sarah is royal. That and the media still using her courtesy title of Sarah, Duchess of York incorrectly and addressing her as the Duchess of York.

Right now it seems the talk show circuit is Sarah's cash cow. She is the closest thing to the British Royal Family they can sign up and pump for information she most likely doesn't have.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-15-2015, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

From the times

In her seemingly endless quest to make money, Sarah, Duchess of York, has had little hesitation using her title to generate sales.
This week, though, she landed herself in trouble after appearing to use the name of Britain’s foremost scientific university to lend credibility to a promotion for her new diet system.
The duchess told NBC’s Today show during an interview to promote her “emulsifier” programme that she was aware of the dangers of obesity through her work as an ambassador for the Institute of Global Health Improvement at Imperial College London.
Last night she apologised for “any misunderstanding”

Does she never stop.

But wait there's more I think there is a set of steak knives too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...soup-diet.html