The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the link, csw. I hope I can watch the show in Canada!

On another note, does anyone know where (on which channel) and when Duchess Discoveries airs?

Sarah has been busy lately - it seems from Twitter that she was at one of Andrew's events again yesterday, although she wasn't officially part of it.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Majesty

I can't. I get a black screen and a voice saying, "This content is currently unavailable."

Old 12-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I didn't catch it but I did cringe at the idea of fashion and Fergie in the same sentence. She has never been known for her sense of fashion by any means. Perhaps these designers can really help her out a bit.
She was lovely on the show. She was really plumping for the Paddington Bear as an iconic representation of GB (the show plumped for the Paddington movie to be released in winter). She chatted with the participants about their lives, poured tea and told them she would wear the winning coat design. The winning coat was terrific, flattering, appropriate, practical and pretty.
Decent recap of the show: 'Project Runway All Stars' recap: 'Designing for the Duchess' | Season 4 Episode 05 | EW.com
Fabio won with this coat http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2014/12/04/PR-LOOKS-04.jpg Time will tell if Fergie ever wears it. It is far better in motion or closer up than in this image. But I found an image - so YAY.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Majesty

There was one comment about Sarah in the comments about the recap, and it was a negative one that mentioned her misdeeds.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I hate to sound pessimistic but isn't setting up for e-books, apps and games a bit like putting the cart before the horse? Children's authors are pretty much a dime a dozen and I think it would take something extraordinarily special and different to really cause a book to generate the interest that games and apps and such would stem from. Not everyone is a J.K. Rowling.
no

its marketing strategy and everyone does it that way these days. I had her book for my girl when she was little and it was a favourite for both of us. Shes a clever writer and probably not as stupid as some of you are presuming her to be.

She obviously is a good person as her daughters and ex husband clearly adore her. She has brought up 2 royal offspring to be kind thoughtful and levelheaded young women who are adored by their Grandmother the Queen.

We all make stupid mistakes in our lives that we regret and wish we could do differently but that doesnt mean we have to pay for them for the rest of our lives.

Andrews forgiveness and acceptance of his part in their marriage failure actually makes me like and admire him.
He would have faced incredible pressure by the media and probably his family to outcast her but he didnt. He continued to love and respect her and that means so much to me.
The fact that they didnt allow their marriage troubles to impact on their children is admirable.

Some people who post here are very quick to judge this relationship with very little knowledge of the reality of the situation. I find that a bit disrespectful to a family that clearly puts love and loyalty above being royal.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Courtier

Lovely post, helenbeee
Old 12-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
no

its marketing strategy and everyone does it that way these days. I had her book for my girl when she was little and it was a favourite for both of us. Shes a clever writer and probably not as stupid as some of you are presuming her to be.

She obviously is a good person as her daughters and ex husband clearly adore her. She has brought up 2 royal offspring to be kind thoughtful and levelheaded young women who are adored by their Grandmother the Queen.

We all make stupid mistakes in our lives that we regret and wish we could do differently but that doesnt mean we have to pay for them for the rest of our lives.

Andrews forgiveness and acceptance of his part in their marriage failure actually makes me like and admire him.
He would have faced incredible pressure by the media and probably his family to outcast her but he didnt. He continued to love and respect her and that means so much to me.
The fact that they didnt allow their marriage troubles to impact on their children is admirable.

Some people who post here are very quick to judge this relationship with very little knowledge of the reality of the situation. I find that a bit disrespectful to a family that clearly puts love and loyalty above being royal.
I was not in any way trying to denigrate Sarah. She seems to be a wonderful, bubbly and spontaneous type of person one would be drawn to and enjoy being with. Although she's made mistakes, there are a lot of things she has done right and her two girls and her relationship with Andrew and the Queen are just a few examples.

It was the marketing strategy I found to be quite feeble. I just don't see what she is promoting making a big splash in any way. We're inundated here with farm type stuffs for kids already and good gravy, you can't watch TV for an hour without running into at least 2 or 3 different weight loss type advertisements. Perhaps if her "Duchess Teas" were to become a part of Starbucks offerings it might gain some business but I do think Americans prefer their coffees over teas.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
no

That someone's family loves them despite their problems says more about the family's kindness than it says about the wrongdoer. It does not IMO form a basis to label some one a 'good person.' If the people she has wronged such as the business associates and employees who suffered financial harm in her two previous near bankruptcies still label her a 'good person' then I'd agree.
We all make stupid mistakes in our lives that we regret and wish we could do differently but that doesnt mean we have to pay for them for the rest of our lives.I absolutely believe people should be able to own their mistakes, learn from them and move on. Sarah just keeps making mistakes, the toe sucking was 20 years ago, the cash for access scandal was 5 years ago. Every time she does something stupid all of her previous stupid acts are resurrected.

I don't know that Andrew loves and respects her - calling her his third child hardly suggests respect to me, he's certainly behaved as a gentlemen towards her and has supported a number of her activities.
The fact that they didnt allow their marriage troubles to impact on their children is admirable.Yes, they certainly did better than the Wales and Sarah never tried to use Beatrice as an emotional support as Diana did with William.

My thoughts in purple. It will be interesting to see how this latest scheme of Sarah's plays out - it's just so much like her two previous schemes that failed that I'm a bit of a cynic - perhaps she'll prove me wrong.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Majesty

I don't think it's that any of us want her to fall flat on her face business-wise or get involved with anything sketchy so that we can say, "We told you so!" Speaking for myself, I hope that her ventures are successful. I wish for happiness for Sarah and her family.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Yesterday evening, December 9, Sarah attended the UK Premiere of 'The Theory Of Everything' at Odeon Leicester Square in London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 12-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Serene Highness

Not too bad a dress, could of been a bit longer as women her age shouldn't wear dresses to far above the knees and the shoes are a not going with this outfit. They are overkill, a plain simple black pump would of been much better and showed off the entire outfit in a better light. Wonder if she went alone to this event?
Old 12-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a nice dress but it doesn't really do anything for her.

LaRae
Old 12-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Serene Highness

More black!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Majesty

I like the dress, although it doesn't seem quite big enough in the bodice. The area above the top it is too fleshy. I think that a plain pump would have been nicer as well, but the butterfly motif seems to be some kind of personal statement for Sarah. I think that her hair and make-up are nice here. All in all, this is one of her better looks IMO.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

It's okay but maybe she needs a better undergarment. The top of this dress does nothing for her. I like the shoes.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Where is Sarah Margaret spending the Christmas holidays?
Old 12-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

We don't know. She is a private citizen and so her decision on where to spend this holiday isn't made known.

We do know that Andrew and the girls will join her soon, if they haven't already done so. They normally leave Sandringham on Boxing Day and spend New Year with her somewhere overseas.

Most of the royals will have left Sandringham by now as only the Wessex's stay. Charles goes to Scotland for New Year - usually leaving on Boxing Day. Harry and William normally leave that early as well to go and be with their friends, or in William's case with Kate's family but as they are now at Anmer Hall he will be seeing more of The Queen and Philip than he has done in the last decade when he has left either on Boxing Day or not gone at all.

By now The Queen will have only Edward, Sophie, Louise and James staying in the big house with her and Philip and any other new guests - often some of The Queen's Bowes-Lyons relatives or Philip's sisters' children or grandchildren come and visit during the next 7 weeks that they are there.

The Linley's and Chatto's also often make a visit in the years when they don't attend Christmas with Aunt Lilibet - such as this year.

Of course there are always exceptions to the 'normally' and 'usually' scenarios so it is possible that some who would 'normally' leave on Boxing Day could be staying longer this year or the opposite - the Wessex's leave early.

Sarah hasn't been at Sandringham since the mid-90s so it is nearly 20 years since she has seen her daughters on Christmas Day.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:10 AM
Courtier

For several years Sarah was on the Estate at Christmas so it's more then likely she did get to see the girls on Christmas day. After church and lunch there would be plenty of time for them to visit. Sarah has often told this story for sympathy but she has admitted to being there just not in the big house. I don't see the Queen inviting Sarah then not allowing the girls to spend any time with her that would be mean and silly and the Queen is neither.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Majesty

I agree. That's likely where she is, staying at the usual place on the Sandringham Estate.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

She hasn't stayed on the Sandringham estate for years. She did from the time of the separation until a few years after the divorce but since then hasn't been invited to stay on the estate at all. She usually goes overseas - to the snow and the girls and Andrew join her immediately after Christmas.

When she did stay on the estate the girls would walk across and see her for a couple of hours on Christmas Day but now she has Christmas away from her family - and in 2010 she spent it alone due to not being able to leave before the weather stopped flights. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-servants.html

This report is from 2012 - again she was overseas for Christmas http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9763...-the-cold.html