Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do think that Sarah is prone to being impetuous, and is apt to land herself in a heap of trouble sometimes and ends up with lots of 'splainin to do, being manipulative, self serving and controlling are just not attributes that I would apply to her. She may try to be those negative qualities but that's where things end up going wrong for her and her world crashes.

I do believe that the relationship between Sarah and Andrew and their children is the genuine article. Whether or not they'll marry again isn't really an issue in my book. What they have works. It is pretty obvious that the royal family isn't ready to feed her to the wolves but actually the opposite. Sarah may still be struggling to achieve financial independence and stability but she's got one hell of a safety net under her should she not succeed.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens and time goes by.

I read something after William got married. There was all of the good PR for this event and Andrew took note. He was supposedly trying to find someone at the time. Maybe he has. I hope so! No woman is going to marry Andrew and move to Royal Lodge if Sarah is there. That would explain the Queen helping to rehabilitate Sarah's reputation. She would want her son to be happy and so the family has to move Sarah out, so that someone else can be the Duchess.

I think the chances of Sarah and Andrew moving apart and finding new partners at this point in their lives is slim. Whatever relationship they have- it seems to be working for them and their family. There's no real reason to change the status quo unless they want to

While I do think that Sarah is prone to being impetuous, and is apt to land herself in a heap of trouble sometimes and ends up with lots of 'splainin to do, being manipulative, self serving and controlling are just not attributes that I would apply to her. She may try to be those negative qualities but that's where things end up going wrong for her and her world crashes.

I do believe that the relationship between Sarah and Andrew and their children is the genuine article. Whether or not they'll marry again isn't really an issue in my book. What they have works. It is pretty obvious that the royal family isn't ready to feed her to the wolves but actually the opposite. Sarah may still be struggling to achieve financial independence and stability but she's got one hell of a safety net under her should she not succeed.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens and time goes by.

I completely agree. The divorce between Andrew and Sarah apparently really was "just a piece of paper" as Sarah once insisted. And regardless of the damage they inflicted on one another, they did not allow it to affect their children. They kept their family unit intact and the result is that Beatrice and Eugenie seem wonderfully confident and free of neuroses.

Whether or not they remarry is kind of beside the point now. They Yorks have demonstrated that their family is unbreakable, and I do admire them for that.

If he wanted to, probably he would have done so. There's nothing actually preventing him from it.

I don't think Andrew wants to move on either, he could have done so in the 18-19 years since he and Sarah divorced.

He was again the 5th wheel for the last State Dinner. Does he like this situation ??

He was again the 5th wheel for the last State Dinner. Does he like this situation ??

I really don't think Andrew saw himself as the fifth wheel for this state dinner. I would wager to guess that his invitation stemmed from Andrew having previous dealings with Singapore in his trade relations role. This is just my take on it so don't quote me on it. He may or may not have had dealings with Singapore before but I would wager my last slice of bacon here he has.

I completely agree. The divorce between Andrew and Sarah apparently really was "just a piece of paper" as Sarah once insisted. And regardless of the damage they inflicted on one another, they did not allow it to affect their children. They kept their family unit intact and the result is that Beatrice and Eugenie seem wonderfully confident and free of neuroses.

Whether or not they remarry is kind of beside the point now. They Yorks have demonstrated that their family is unbreakable, and I do admire them for that.

That little piece of paper probably is what saved their relationship. Sarah really wasn't overly fond of working for the Firm, doing duties and appearances and to be honest, after the press turned on her with that "Duchess of Pork" stuff, I wouldn't want to venture out much either. She resented the men in grey pushing her this way and that way and with Andrew gone and in the Navy so much, Sarah was totally unhappy. I've always said that absence makes the heart grow fonder or makes the heart go wander. Wander, I think, it was for Sarah and Andrew at that point in time and the best solution was a divorce.

This got Sarah away from responsibilities to the Firm and those dreaded men in grey, left her free to do other things and most importantly, focus on raising her daughters. With resolving to keep the family unit intact, Andrew and Sarah built on the good aspects of their relationship and they've formed a mutual admiration society for each other. Whether or not they are still romantically inclined is their private business and I'm not even going to speculate on that.

It most definitely is the happiest divorce on earth though in my book. :D

She's publically said she regretted the divorce (interview with Oprah) or words to that effect and that she loved him.

LaRae

I think she yet loves him. I think they are living together in privat but she is no more present to all the cérémonies It is my opinion

I think that it's really unfortunate for Sarah that she came out with this statement. After the successful event at Windsor Castle, things were looking better for her. I can imagine people saying now, "Yes, fairies...as in 'off with'.":ermm: Then again, perhaps this is why she's living with Andrew. Perhaps he's taking care of her because she just can't function in the business world. Perhaps she's gotten worse with time. Even if she was just having some fun with her comment, it's not the sort of thing a serious business-woman says publicly.:sad:

She's publically said she regretted the divorce (interview with Oprah) or words to that effect and that she loved him.

LaRae

Yes, I remember that. She said that if she had to do it again she would not give up so quickly, she would "fight" for Andrew and their marriage. She does deeply regret the divorce.

I think people tend to forget that Andrew and Sarah were separated for 4yrs before the divorce was finalized. They could have gotten backed together during the separation if they wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

That's very true Skippy. But by the same reasoning they both could have remarried others by now...if they really wanted to. The late Jacqueline Kennedy's statement that only two people know what really transpires in a marriage is particularly apt for Andrew and Sarah.

And whatever arrangement they have is apparently satisfactory for both of them.

I think that it's really unfortunate for Sarah that she came out with this statement. After the successful event at Windsor Castle, things were looking better for her. I can imagine people saying now, "Yes, fairies...as in 'off with'.":ermm: Then again, perhaps this is why she's living with Andrew. Perhaps he's taking care of her because she just can't function in the business world. Perhaps she's gotten worse with time. Even if she was just having some fun with her comment, it's not the sort of thing a serious business-woman says publicly.:sad:

I think that's an incredibly unfair assessment of Sarah's contribution to that book. It's for Children in Need, she receives no renumeration, and if you read the entire passage contributed by Sarah, she says the following:

‘I do believe in fairies. I do believe in magic and when you blow on a dandelion, you will see the light of the enchanted spreading their wings and disappearing off on their own journeys, just like you have today when you opened your eyes. Don’t let the day go by without looking for fairies and magic. That makes me happy, as every day is, therefore, a day of exploration and adventure.

Source: Fergie Duchess of York reveals what keeps her happy in Children In Need book | Daily Mail Online

She likens fairies to flower petals. It is the height of a benign, harmless, good natured comment, yet Sarah gets piled on for it, she will never, ever, win with the public or press.

I think that's an incredibly unfair assessment of Sarah's contribution to that book. It's for Children in Need, she receives no renumeration, and if you read the entire passage contributed by Sarah, she says the following:

‘I do believe in fairies. I do believe in magic and when you blow on a dandelion, you will see the light of the enchanted spreading their wings and disappearing off on their own journeys, just like you have today when you opened your eyes. Don’t let the day go by without looking for fairies and magic. That makes me happy, as every day is, therefore, a day of exploration and adventure.

Source: Fergie Duchess of York reveals what keeps her happy in Children In Need book | Daily Mail Online

She likens fairies to flower petals. It is the height of a benign, harmless, good natured comment, yet Sarah gets piled on for it, she will never, ever, win with the public or press.
Unfortunately the second run on sentence is so grammatically incorrect that it's hard to make out what she actually wrote, never mind what meaning she intended to convey. I think she was trying to be whimsical, which at age 55 seems a bit juvenile to me. It really does read like it was written by a female teenager who, unfortunately, didn't pay attention during English grammar class. I visualize hearts and butterflies drawn all over the paper.
BTW, when you blow on the white fuzzy heads of dandelion weeds you are dispersing the seeds, the petals are those yellow things down below which surround the stalk - I've dug enough dandelions from my lawn to be intimately familiar with their anatomy.

Last edited:
I did read the whole quote.;) I agree with the poster who said that she was trying to be whimsical. It does give people the opportunity to slam her, though. It's been my opinion for awhile that Andrew shelters her.

I think that's an incredibly unfair assessment of Sarah's contribution to that book.

And it seems a good thing that Sarah's got Andrew to do that kind of protecting, it appears she needs it.

Yes, I remember that. She said that if she had to do it again she would not give up so quickly, she would "fight" for Andrew and their marriage. She does deeply regret the divorce.

That is how I remember it, too.

I like Sarah's sense of humor and life spirit. That said, she needs to learn to proofread. I make a lot of typos, but her grammar is a tangled mess. It's a lousy example to show children.

. . . . . BTW, when you blow on the white fuzzy heads of dandelion weeds you are dispersing the seeds, the petals are those yellow things down below which surround the stalk - I've dug enough dandelions from my lawn to be intimately familiar with their anatomy.
Ah, but can you remember being a small child and holding one on a warm summers day and blowing it into the air and watching all the delicate little fluffys being carried away on the breeze and wondering where they were going?

We made wishes on them.

I understood what Sarah meant. There is magic in everyday things, even the small things.

Duchess of York Supports Ex-Husband At Official Engagement
Interesting that Sarah was not invited to the event and "[n]ot on the official guest list.." and that she didn't stay for the photographs (which may account for the less than flattering stock photo published with the article since she's looking slimmer these days.) Why leak that she was there at all if it was just an unofficial party crash?

The fact that she was there is enough for me. She would not have been there if she had not been invited by someone. Is a reconciliation in the works? Only the Shadow knows.

One thing appears to be cartain: They get on really well for a divorced couple... No matter how in good terms you get after a separation but I think there is always some sort of unconfortable feeling... Sarah has managed to stick around him... Hoping for the best

The fact that she was there is enough for me. She would not have been there if she had not been invited by someone. Is a reconciliation in the works? Only the Shadow knows.

Robert Jobson said on Twitter that Prince Andrew asked Sarah to be there. Perhaps that's not an official 'invite,' but I'm sure he did want her to be there.

She shows up in a video of the event, too: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fvideo%2Fdata%2F2.0%2Fvideo%2Fworld%2F2014%2F11%2F06%2Fpkg-dos-santos-uk-royals-pitch-at-palace.cnn.html&h=IAQESWujZ&s=1

Edited to add: Robert Jobson wrote an article about Sarah's presence at St. James's Palace: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/f...sign-of-her-return-to-royal-fold-9846119.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom