Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To bring this thread back on track (;)), I haven't seen any news of the party for Children in Crisis at Windsor Castle. I'd have thought there'd be reports and pictures, but I haven't seen anything.

:previous: Thank you for this, rmay286!:flowers: It's nice to see the Duke supporting his ex-wife's charity in this way. Their relationship is fascinating to watch. I hope that Beatrice and Eugenie continue this work in the years ahead, when/if Sarah is unable to. (I'd have thought there'd be a photographer at the entrance to Windsor Castle as the cars arrived.;))

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: New York beckons for 'Air Miles Fergie' as she prepares to spend more time with daughter Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

I certainly hope the last rather vague sentence of the article about Sarah wanting to get involved with Eugenie's employer is incorrect, since as far as I know Sarah knows nothing about art. If Sarah enjoys spending time with her daughter and flies to New York to do so that's great, she just needs to leave her daughter's career alone, IMO.
If Sarah wants to work on resurrecting her own business situation that's one thing, but IMO she shouldn't be trying to capitalize on or use any successes her daughters have for her own agenda.

Last edited:
Sarah worked for an art gallery and an art-book publisher in the '80s. I can't find the exact names of the businesses, but I'm sure someone else here knows.:flowers:

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: New York beckons for 'Air Miles Fergie' as she prepares to spend more time with daughter Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

I certainly hope the last rather vague sentence of the article about Sarah wanting to get involved with Eugenie's employer is incorrect, since as far as I know Sarah knows nothing about art.

I'm not sure how Sarah is going to sell weight loss food when she lost the weight living in a Villa drinking specially blended tea with all meals fixed by a chef. How stupid does she think people are? Every one of her ventures has ended up badly because she put's her hand in the cookie jar. She has two charities left cause others she started got shutdown with at least one under investigation. She is living off her ex husband and has a goal of being independent within 2 years? Sarah likes playing Royal way too much she loves the perks staying with Andrew gives her and I don't see these two marrying again she wants the perks but not the work that goes with them that hasn't changed. I hope she stays away from Eugenie's work she needs no help from her mother and from what I remember of Sarah and her "career" she was very bad at her job and even admitted it she was a secretary and managed to stuff that up. How is she affording to go to the States every month but she can't afford her own place to live? Until she starts fending for herself and not living off her ex husband no one is going to respect her there is nothing to respect.

Sarah worked for an art gallery and an art-book publisher in the '80s. I can't find the exact names of the businesses, but I'm sure someone else here knows.:flowers:

Somebody did:) The publisher was BCK Graphic Arts, a Swiss based fine-art publisher. Can't find anything about any art gallery Sarah might have worked for.

How is she affording to go to the States every month but she can't afford her own place to live?

Andrew must be funding her, since it isn't so long ago she declared bankruptcy.

Andrew must be funding her, since it isn't so long ago she declared bankruptcy.

She never legally declared bankruptcy. She did run up huge debts (the excuse for the fake sheik deal) which Andrew and friends had to bail her out of. In settling her massive debts many creditors and staff agreed to accept pennies for the dollars she owed them to enable her to avoid legally declaring bankruptcy.
Prior to the most recent debacle she also ran up huge debts during her separation and following her divorce, which where ultimately dealt with, perhaps in part by her weight watchers contract money and perhaps proceeds from her books (Sarah's version of events,) and of course I assume that she charged appearance fees for speaking engagements then - as she does now. One biography which I read by a former business associate of hers from the first financial melt down suggests that she skirted many of her obligations and left her 'partners' holding the bag back then.
She spends her time with ridiculously wealthy friends (some would call them Eurotrash) and thus I don't think she really recognizes that money doesn't rain from heaven when she needs it - who can forget her vague, blank replies when Oprah had Suze Orman try to talk to her about finance on that docudrama a couple of years ago?
On OWN’s ‘Finding Sarah,’ getting to the roots of a royal’s pain - The Washington Post

:previous: I also think that Sarah is very delusional, she has no sense of what the real world is like, even with all her troubles she still seems to think that everything will be handed to her and it's her due...........enablers are taking care of her and until she grows up, she will always be the same way, sad!

The sooner Sarah goes out and makes a bundle of cash, the sooner she can stop dropping hints about getting back together with the Duke of York.

Seriously...that's the only time she seems to want to cling to him. When she has fallen on hard times.:cool:

It's such a sad mess. Andrew and Sarah were one of the very few of what I consider genuine love stories in the BRF. But it was all ruined due to immaturity, greed and selfishness. In their favor they did not psychologically wound their children, which is more than I can say for the Wales'.

I am not surprised that she still gets on with HM who always seemed to have a soft spot for her. I just hope the queen is not disappointed again.

And Sarah is looking great, btw.

I have always thought that after HM and DoE are gone, Fergie and Andrew just might get back together. OK by me.

I think they may well get back together too. Andrew strikes me as a rather difficult type to live with though.

I doubt they'll remarry; neither is particularly popular with the public, so I don't think Andrew can afford that (and I don't mean only financially).

I doubt they'll remarry; neither is particularly popular with the public, so I don't think Andrew can afford that (and I don't mean only financially).

It's for that very reason that I think they will remarry in the future. They're both quickly becoming irrelevant. The public at large is not going to care about Andrew and/or Sarah, at all, in 5-10 years time. As HRH Princess Michael of Kent said: "I'm too old to be interesting."

It will be interesting to see if Sarah develops any business going forward for herself. She was rumoured to be doing a line of flavoured teas, but who knows. She is looking great, best of luck to her I say!

Maybe; however, the Queen is said to be very indulgent of Andrew.
I don't think Charles will be.

I think they will be back together, and sooner than 5 years. (So Charles won't be involved in the decision at all - I think the Queen will be around for 10 years yet.) The Daily Mail article mentions that Sarah wants to be 'financially independent' of Andrew within two years...well, if she doesn't succeed, then she has to look at staying with Andrew 'permanently' because she's getting too old to start a new brand for herself again. If she DOES succeed, then she can't use 'financial reasons' as an excuse for living at Royal Lodge...so either she moves out, or she and Andrew decide that they are staying together for more than just financial reasons. So either way, Sarah and Andrew will have to make a more permanent decision about their living arrangements soon.

To me, it looks like that's what they're moving towards.

Sarah and Andrew have always been in love with each other, very good friends and good parents. No matter what, I don't see them moving on from each other.

Sarah and Andrew have always been in love with each other, very good friends and good parents. No matter what, I don't see them moving on from each other.

I agree. I think the both of them are pretty happy with the way things are now. It works well for them and I don't think they will change it.

There is one possible reason that I can see them remarrying in the future though. It would be to ensure that Sarah is well cared for as The Duchess of York after Andrew's death. Even with this reason, there's nothing stopping Andrew from naming Sarah as his benefactress in his will.

?...The Daily Mail article mentions that Sarah wants to be 'financially independent' of Andrew within two years...
Sarah wants to, or has Andrew given her a deadline? If they're 'bestest' (her word) friends as she claims and the house is huge and can easily accommodate them both then why the need for her to move out at all? Much as I'm not much of an Andrew fan, he's been a very patient and forgiving gentleman towards his ex wife.
I agree. I think the both of them are pretty happy with the way things are now. It works well for them and I don't think they will change it.

There is one possible reason that I can see them remarrying in the future though. It would be to ensure that Sarah is well cared for as The Duchess of York after Andrew's death. Even with this reason, there's nothing stopping Andrew from naming Sarah as his benefactress in his will.
Hopefully he'd set up some sort of trust for her if necessary and leave the lion's share of his assets to their daughters, otherwise I fear Sarah would spend every cent leaving nothing for the girls from their father.
Who actually paid for the $50,000 Windsor birthday/charity anniversary dinner - Andrew (as some reported) or the Charity - might give us a hint as to his true feelings towards her.

Sarah wants to, or has Andrew given her a deadline? If they're 'bestest' (her word) friends as she claims and the house is huge and can easily accommodate them both then why the need for her to move out at all? Much as I'm not much of an Andrew fan, he's been a very patient and forgiving gentleman towards his ex wife.

Hopefully he'd set up some sort of trust for her if necessary and leave the lion's share of his assets to their daughters, otherwise I fear Sarah would spend every cent leaving nothing for the girls from their father.
Who actually paid for the $50,000 Windsor birthday/charity anniversary dinner - Andrew (as some reported) or the Charity - might give us a hint as to his true feelings towards her.

I read an interview once where Sarah said she felt bad about her financial problems and living in Andrew's home. I think this was before the cash-for-access sting. She said something like, "We're divorced - he has to have his own life too. I want to get to a point where I can move out again."

I don't know where the interview is now, although I could probably find it - I *think* it's in a Hello! 50th birthday interview with Sarah.

On the other hand, I also saw a video interview with Andrew from a year or two ago where he said, "It's entirely Sarah's decision whether she stays or leaves."

Also, Andrew does not seem like the 'type' to give Sarah an ultimatum. I think that Sarah is setting the deadline because she wants to be a successful businesswoman, but more than that, I think she wants Andrew and his family to see her as a potential Duchess again. The two things are a bit incompatible and she might not recognize that, but I think she wants to prove that she has good judgment and can handle royal life again. I could be wrong, but I've read excerpts from her 2011 book, Finding Sarah, and it pretty much sounds like Sarah was hoping to remarry Andrew someday.

Last edited:
Sarah has shown terrible judgement in most of her life decisions for at least thirty years so I, for one, won't be holding my breath for an improvement as she heads towards her sixties.

I think he's given her a two year deadline since he's tired of supporting her all the time. Truth be told, he should have ordered her to move out a long time ago and moved on romantically, or at least dated around and enjoyed life as a single man about town, or kept to himself.

After all her peccadilloes, she has no business expecting her ex-husband to support her. He needs to have a life of his own and so do his daughters.

I think he's given her a two year deadline since he's tired of supporting her all the time. Truth be told, he should have ordered her to move out a long time ago and moved on romantically, or at least dated around and enjoyed life as a single man about town, or kept to himself.

After all her peccadilloes, she has no business expecting her ex-husband to support her. He needs to have a life of his own and so do his daughters.

I really agree with you, I think Sarah is playing the victim here and is manipulating her ex and daughters into giving her what she wants, I know someone like that, and the purse strings have been cut long ago, time to stand on your own 2 feet and grow up. Sarah seems very needy and insecure so this makes everyone around her feel sorry for her, so the enable her....Andrew and the girls are just to scared to let her fall and get up and make it on her own.........very dysfunctional family there. :)

:previous: I think we have to accept that Andrew will move on if and when he is ready and, given the time since the divorce, it is becoming less and less likely that he will. That they have been repeatedly spotted dining a deux by candlelight, caused rampant speculation. It used to be "News" but these days it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

It takes two to maintain the sort of relationship that Andrew and Sarah have and I do not think she is in his life by default. That he somehow lacks the spine to get shot of her because if popular gossip to be believed and the DofE feels as strongly as he does about her, then you had better believe she would have been long gone. Except she isn't, and they continue to have one of the happiest relationships, one that has stood the test of time.of

Maybe; however, the Queen is said to be very indulgent of Andrew.
I don't think Charles will be.

Why would POW care? After his jacked up love life I don't see him interfering with his brother's marriage.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

:previous: While time tempers events I cannot see Charles ever giving Andrew a hard time over Sarah. Hell, the Queen even invited her to use Windsor for one of Sarah's Charity events this year.

Most people grow, mellow, wise up and chill out with age and I have seen nothing of Charles that would indicate anything else. However, many of us have remarked that Princess Beatrice has a wonderful smile and, when photographed, is mostly smiling. However, a lot of people have forgotten that Beatrice's smile is a female version of her Dad's smile when he was young.

While he seems relatively relaxed when around his family, his spontaneous grin seems to have gone on permanent furlough and he rarely even smiles anymore, even when he knows he is being photographed.

That's a very romantic view, and it would be nice if true.

I just don't buy it because I don't believe Fergie cares about anyone except herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom