The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
I wish this site had a thumbs down button. Sarah is no different than any other one trying to lose weight. It is a life long battle and some years you win and others you lose. I haven't seen her selling the teas. As a matter of fact, the article said the teas were only developed for her and are not going to be marketed. I am glad you have no demons to overcome like drinking, smoking or over eating. I imagine perfection can be so boring.
...I've been following the Royal Family my entire life and Sarah hasn't changed at all. She is still doing the same things she has always done and complaining about the same things she did when she did her first big diet over 20 years ago. It's just the same old stuff with Sarah. And if you read the article it's pretty clear Sarah is planning on trying to sell the teas. Creating a product isn't something you do for just one person it takes time and money to do. Down the line we will be seeing Sarah promoting these it's what most of her Hello article was about so I can't honestly see how you think she isn't planning on doing this.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

I too have been following the Royal family for more than Princess Diana was in the picture. I really am tired of hearing her bashed all the time. She is a human the same as you and me. I didn't personally attach you. I gave your post a thumbs down. I think it is due time for people who don't like Sarah to leave her alone. So what if she sells her teas? Don't buy them if you don't agree with them. I kind of have a feeling no matter what she did for money it wouldn't be good enough for 3/4 of the world.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
...I have every right to my own opinion on Sarah...Others here are actually agreeing with me some are probably too afraid to post their true feelings...
Most of us are fully capable to speak for ourselves. If you have such an aversion for Sarah please don't read the posts here.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Most of us are fully capable to speak for ourselves. If you have such an aversion for Sarah please don't read the posts here.
I don't think we should tell someone not to read posts or state their opinion. We all look at things differently. I think Meadow is mainly objecting to the diet drinks/fad diet issue.
Also the remarks about " it must be nice to be perfect and not have any problems etc." do sound like a personal attack. I am sure it was not meant to be.
I don't agree with many things that Sarah DOY has done over the years but she has tried to raise her daughters. From what I see they are doing very well. And she keeps a positive relationship with P. Andrew-also a good thing.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Well said. Sarah, with all her flaws, either self or media attributed is a fascinating woman. While many pontificate on her myriad shortcomings I always look at her daughters and think, "look at them, they look great, so happy and confident, they seem to almost always be smiling".

So whatever they are pitching about Sarah I think she must have done more than a few things right. Her children are walking, talking, proof that they are the product of a really good upbringing. They both behave well and seem to have been gifted with sunny natures. And yes, even Prince Andrew seems to frown a whole lot less when Sarah is around.

It is clear that Sarah is loved by her family and a whole lot of media misery does not seem to get her down too much. Yes she has had a lifetime battle with weight, so do hundreds of thousands of other women, which is why she sells. She is just like them, she battles. Sometimes she wins and sometimes she loses, but she always seems to bounce back, flaws and all with her family around her.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I am no fan of Sarah. I am also reasonably sure she will be flogging those teas in a few months time, and this was just a precursor. That sais, I have absolutely no problem in her doing so. I would much rather she promote a product and try and make some money (like a C-list celeb), than try and sponge off Andrew or try and sell access to him.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am no fan of Sarah. I am also reasonably sure she will be flogging those teas in a few months time, and this was just a precursor. That sais, I have absolutely no problem in her doing so. I would much rather she promote a product and try and make some money (like a C-list celeb), than try and sponge off Andrew or try and sell access to him.

Well-said!
That is mostly how I feel as well.

Although...I have to say (and this is not really directed at Fergie but is meant in a general sense) I really am sick of people boring on and on about weight loss! It's just relentless, with new diets springing up every day and reams of media coverage. It would be nice to have a break!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The cover page of HELLO is photoshoped !
Whatever sins can be heaped upon the head of Sarah, Duchess of York, a photoshopped Hello! cover is not one of them.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Then you will be pleased to know that, at least according to this
Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson shows off slimmed-down look after years of weight woes - 3am & Mirror Online , she received six figures for the Hello photo shoot/interview.
The teas may or may not ever materialize as a commercial venture, she's had many marketing projects through the years that never happened, and the company Hartmoor(?) she formed to market products she endorsed had to fold due to debts.
The Hello photos are the result of getting the lighting just right, going heavy on the make up, carefully selecting flattering poses and then airbrushing the final print. Bad timing for Hello that only a week or two before the on the street photo was in daylight w/ no airbrushing, showing what she really looks like.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well said. Sarah, with all her flaws, either self or media attributed is a fascinating woman. While many pontificate on her myriad shortcomings I always look at her daughters and think, "look at them, they look great, so happy and confident, they seem to almost always be smiling".

So whatever they are pitching about Sarah I think she must have done more than a few things right. Her children are walking, talking, proof that they are the product of a really good upbringing. They both behave well and seem to have been gifted with sunny natures. And yes, even Prince Andrew seems to frown a whole lot less when Sarah is around.

It is clear that Sarah is loved by her family and a whole lot of media misery does not seem to get her down too much. Yes she has had a lifetime battle with weight, so do hundreds of thousands of other women, which is why she sells. She is just like them, she battles. Sometimes she wins and sometimes she loses, but she always seems to bounce back, flaws and all with her family around her.
Couldn't agree more! Her children are a fabulous legacy!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
. . . . . . The Hello photos are the result of getting the lighting just right, going heavy on the make up, carefully selecting flattering poses and then airbrushing the final print. Bad timing for Hello that only a week or two before the on the street photo was in daylight w/ no airbrushing, showing what she really looks like.
And the possibility that particular photo has been, hmmm, shall we say enhanced to further promote their agenda has not crossed anyone else's mind?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Nobility

I saw some old photos of her earlier years with Prince Andrew and couldn't help to think how unfortunate it was for them to not be able to make things work between them. They had obviously loved each other very much - so much that sometimes it seems they never moved on with their lives to the point they have never grown up, never learning from their mistakes. Everybody has shortcomings, life imposes limits, we have to accept that first in order to move on with life and improve the issues we are able to control. If I were her friend I would tell her "let it go ! Love and accept yourself for who you are and not for who you think you are or should be."
Old 03-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
And the possibility that particular photo has been, hmmm, shall we say enhanced to further promote their agenda has not crossed anyone else's mind?
Actually it did, and they likely chose the least flattering shot, but unfortunately, after a certain age full on sunlight and an unflattering angle are all it takes. This is the reason I have absolute delete rights over my shutter happy son's photos of myself - a luxury those in the public eye don't have.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The extraordinary transformation of the Duchess of York from frump to magazine cover girl has made her the envy of millions of would-be dieters.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal the secret of her recent dramatic weight loss – eating venison for breakfast, shredded broccoli in place of pasta, thick, green spinach smoothies and avocado mixed with cacao powder as a special treat.

The 54-year-old Duchess, who has had a life-long struggle with weight, lost a remarkable three stone in just eight weeks after holing up in a luxury chalet in the Swiss ski resort of Verbier, together with a private chef and personal trainer Josh Salzmann.
The bizarre secrets of how Fergie lost the fat: Venison for breakfast, chocolate avocados, four-hour 'Nordic' walks... and hiding from Prince Philip | Mail Online
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This has got to be one of the most positive articles written about Sarah in a very long time and for those millions of envious would be dieters, the secret is in plain sight and won't cost an arm and a leg and bring on financial ruin going to the Swiss Alps.

"Asked about the secrets of his programme, Josh said the key was simple: regular exercise, plenty of rest, and eating half a dozen small meals a day, as well as foregoing processed foods, sugar, saturated fat, alcohol and wheat gluten."

This article also reinforces what a lot of us have known for decades. Sarah has a warm heart and a compassionate soul.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:

I adore your post n' Sarah is also loved by thousands of devoted fans for decades! If my Darling has financial trouble again, i cud marry her anytime n' provide everything for her..i love her that much! Sarah, mail me here sweetheart..mail me incognito. hihihi

Your eternally devoted servant,
Sebastian
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah arrived to the funeral of Peaches Geldof
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...28_470x740.jpg
http://www.bunte.de/sites/default/fi...?itok=-XPz-uAE
Old 04-21-2014, 08:01 AM
Courtier

Is Sarah a friend of the Geldof family?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Already too narrow clothes .
Old 04-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Is Sarah a friend of the Geldof family?
No of course not, she's taken up going to funerals as a hobby!