Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The color is nice but WHY or WHY does Sarah persist in wearing shiny/satin fabric ... not a good look unless you are a twenty something and in very good shape.

The superficiality of the attendants splashes from the screen.

I personally don't believe that the dress did much for her but I am no fashionista.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another venture by Sarah that I am going to predict will go over like a lead balloon. Epitome of royalty? Is anyone seriously going to buy that moniker?

She keeps finding different avenues to peddle something and so far hasn't met with much success. I wish her well but I really don't see this going any further than any other of her business schemes.

Why doesn't she go back to writing children's books that's only thing she's done that's sold

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Why doesn't she go back to writing children's books that's only thing she's done that's sold

I am no psychologist but from looking at the different ventures that she's been trying to make a success of since the big "meltdown" of a few years ago, she's not only trying to push a product or an idea that has supposedly helped her, but she's also trying to push herself as a brand. That's been shown in Sarah hiring a PR firm to boost her "image". Sadly, a big part of that is trying to portray Sarah as royalty where the reality is that she hasn't been royal for 20 years come May.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The allegations of plagiarism might have done something to discourage that. :whistling:

Not a fan of the butterfly shoes...it's a bit much. Love the dress one of her better looks lately.

LaRae

Sarah has a mention in the Court Circular - I've reproduced the entire piece (for context).

27th January, 2016

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh were represented by The Princess Royal at the Service of Thanksgiving to Celebrate the Life of Mr Sebastian de Ferranti which was held in the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Farm Street, London W1, this morning.
The Prince of Wales was represented by the Marquess of Cholmondeley.

The Duke of York was represented by Sarah, Duchess of York.

The Earl of Wessex was represented by The Countess of Wessex.

The Duke and Duchess of Kent were represented by Mr Nicolas Adamson.

Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy was represented by Lieutenant Colonel Gordon Birdwood.

I'm astonished. She's really come a long way since her disgrace at Balmoral. :)

Wow, I didn't think Sarah would be mentioned in the official CC. She has come a long way indeed.

Joe Little of Majesty Magazine had tweeted that Sarah represented The Duke of York at the de Ferranti memorial service...and then it disappeared...but there it is in the CC. Sarah, you've come a long way baby.

Joe Little of Majesty Magazine had tweeted that Sarah represented The Duke of York at the de Ferranti memorial service...and then it disappeared...but there it is in the CC. Sarah, you've come a long way baby.

When I Google Duchess of York and de Ferranti, I'm directed to this Times page that no longer exists! http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/courtsocial/article4675731.ece If I look at the cached version, though, I can see the same version of the Court Circular that was posted here.

What does this mean? Along with Joe Little's tweet being apparently deleted, it seems like Sarah's name wasn't meant to be in the Court Circular in the first place. But then how did it get there?

(I'm also surprised that Sarah made it to the Court Circular. Secretly she must be pleased...it must have been years, maybe since her divorce, that she was listed there.)

When I Google Duchess of York and de Ferranti, I'm directed to this Times page that no longer exists! http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/courtsocial/article4675731.ece If I look at the cached version, though, I can see the same version of the Court Circular that was posted here.

What does this mean? Along with Joe Little's tweet being apparently deleted, it seems like Sarah's name wasn't meant to be in the Court Circular in the first place. But then how did it get there?

(I'm also surprised that Sarah made it to the Court Circular. Secretly she must be pleased...it must have been years, maybe since her divorce, that she was listed there.)

I posted the CC showing Sarah in the Court Circular for 27th January.

It "got there" because she was representing The Duke of York. No different than Peter Philips representing PRincess Royal or James Ogilvy representing Princess Alexandra.

It is surprising but maybe she knew Sebastian de Ferranti as well.

All sorts of people make to the CC if they are representing an official royal at an event.

AS for the Times problem - its happening a lot. their "filing is awful and errors occur. I got this one but had to retype the info for the 28th which I couldn't find. Luckily I get the newspaper as well!

There's no mention of the 27th January in the Court Circular page on the official Monarchy website. What happened that day has been erased from history in order to keep Sarah out of the limelight. :D

There's no mention of the 27th January in the Court Circular page on the official Monarchy website. What happened that day has been erased from history in order to keep Sarah out of the limelight. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: nothing like a conspiracy theory.

It did, however, get published in a national newspaper.

:lol: It is looking like a conspiracy...

I posted the CC showing Sarah in the Court Circular for 27th January.

It is surprising but maybe she knew Sebastian de Ferranti as well.

All sorts of people make to the CC if they are representing an official royal at an event.

I don't really follow the Court Circular closely. Do non-HRH's ever represent members of the royal family at events listed on the Court Circular?

:previous: On 30th January, The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, Charles & Andrew were all supposed to be at a memorial service but none of them went, each sending someone else - all non-royals - in their place to represent them, and those other people are named in the Court Circular on the Monarchy website. http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/CourtCircular/Todaysevents.aspx
(ETA Actually that link doesn't take you to the search-results page. You can't link to the results page, you still have to put in the date you want.)

This amuses me. I imagine the Royals getting together and deciding to play truant and go to the pub or something, and send someone else in their place. :D Something must have been happening on the 30th to keep them all away from Cambridge that afternoon.

Last edited:
:previous: On 30th January, The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, Charles & Andrew were all supposed to be at a memorial service but none of them went, each sending someone else in their place to represent them, and those other people are named in the Court Circular on the Monarchy website. http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/CourtCircular/Todaysevents.aspx

This amuses me. I imagine them all getting together and deciding to play truant and go to the pub or something. :D

love this!
:clap::cheers:

Quote from the article " A friend of the Duchess told the newspaper: 'She’s always short of cash so selling a car she doesn’t use makes sense.'"
I had hoped that Sarah's days of 'always being short of cash' were behind her and that she had learned from past mistakes, learned to live within her means and that her new businesses were generating enough cash to support her lifestyle - this, if true, does not bode well, IMO, as 34,000 doesn't seem like much given Sarah's extravagant lifestyle.
But it is the Daily fail and thus maybe much ado about nothing and just the Mail's usual swipe at Sarah.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's true and it does seem pretty detailed and so far hasn't been denied. Someone is going to make a killing. Sorry I find it really tacky she isn't exactly homeless she is still going to parties and travelling all over the world how hard up can she be? If it is true it shows she really has learnt nothing and give her another year or two and we will be back to a bankrupt Sarah. You have to admit Sarah does make it easy for them.

RE: "being always in need of cash"

Its more than Fergies travels & international events.

Its the fact that when pictures are taken of her she's wearing expensive clothes and new handbags which go for thousands of dollars.

RE: the sale of the Bently
I don't mean to be unkind but I find the gift from the man to her suspicious. I would like to know why he decided to give her such an expensive gift and why he chose that particular gift.....

RE: Camilla bringing Fergie into the royal fold
Everyone knows the Daily Mail loves to stir up emotions. I have to work hard to maintain calm. This article, for instance. The idea of Fergie returning to the royal fold in any way makes my blood boil. She blew it. She needs to move on but she just keeps clinging like a limpet.

But this article is piffle. It is more than just Prince Philip who stands in the way of any good will towards Fergie. Charles can't stand her either.....

RE: Camilla bringing Fergie into the royal fold
Everyone knows the Daily Mail loves to stir up emotions. I have to work hard to maintain calm. This article, for instance. The idea of Fergie returning to the royal fold in any way makes my blood boil. She blew it. She needs to move on but she just keeps clinging like a limpet.

From reading the article, coming back into "the royal fold" is not actually what happened. It had more to do with her work supporting Elephant Family which Charles and Camilla are now patrons of than actually being taken to the bosom of the BRF.

Once again the Fail misleads.

Another attempt to hit Sarah in the head again. This woman has moved on in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom