Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's very brave of her. People tend to get complacent. They take the road of least resistance. It would have been easy for her to continue to rely on Andrew for room and board, and perhaps companionship . For her to "move on" without being forced shows a lot of growth. I think her new beau has been a good influence on her.

What would make her pack up and move all the way to Switzerland?

Prince Philip's glares at Ascot, perhaps? :lol:
I must admit Roslyn, Phillip's reaction @ Ascot to her curtsey w/ the 'cat that ate the canary' look on her face, caused me to suspect that her being on the grounds was somehow engineered by Andrew w/out Phillip's knowledge. In my imagination I could conjure up all kinds of behind the scenes drama - but we will never know. It may well be that the ultimate plan was for her to move to Verbier when they bought the Chalet months ago.
This article Sarah, Duchess of York FINALLY moves out of marital home* | Daily Mail Online
suggests that in addition to the Chalet she is keeping a home in London and rooms @ Windsor - so 3 places? I do recall reports that she was letting a home in London from an old friend awhile back, but then nothing further. Hard to believe that her weight loss blender is generating enough profit @ this stage to support a house in London and the Chalet in Verbier - we shall see. If she's living there, then rather than renting the place out to pay the mortgage, I assume she will assume payments.

Last edited:
Hard to believe that her weight loss blender is generating enough profit @ this stage to support a house in London and the Chalet in Verbier - we shall see. If she's living there, then rather than renting the place out to pay the mortgage, I assume she will assume payments.

When did she ever assume payments for ANY thing?

When did she ever assume payments for ANY thing?

Ha ha As far as I can see Andrew is still paying her expenses and will continue to do so. If I'm reading this right she has 3 places to live in ! Lucky girl

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think the Daily Mail just made up the story for the sake of a story. Sarah hasn't moved anywhere particularly. JMO. :flowers:

I think the Daily Mail just made up the story for the sake of a story. Sarah hasn't moved anywhere particularly. JMO. :flowers:

Well, according to the Express her spokesman, James Henderson, confirmed the move, said she was keeping a London base and rooms at Royal Lodge for family events but that the majority of her time would be spent at the chalet, and moving vans were spotted moving her stuff. Whether she stays gone is anyone's guess. The last 2 years hasn't Sarah joined the Queen at Balmoral in August? Wonder if she will be there this year.

:previous: Well, I guess I mis-called that. :D I wonder what's up? It seems an odd move, if it's really the case. JMO.

BTW just a side comment: I know of no woman who has been married to a wealthy, socially prominent spouse, who is not 'supported' (in some way) even 'in this day and age' of female independence in the West. The fact that Sarah lives the lifestyle of someone relatively free of the constraints of poverty and want should not be a surprise. Rather, I'd be surprised if she were not. That would be the true scandal. :flowers:

Last edited:
Fergie, Duchess of York is on QVC

Sarah Ferguson is selling her Fusion Xcelerator on QVC today.
Thought some of you may be interested to see her in action.

Isn't this the first time, is it? Oh I would like to say that at least she is not looking ridiculous this time!

Every time I think Fergie could not possibly be tackier, she pushes the envelope.

Verbier is one of the most expensive places in Switzerland !

Bling bling gathering , A famous bottle of champaign may cost 10.000 euros !

I take a wider view. She was ill-prepared to ever earn a living. People hate that she lived outside her means. At least she has found something that she can do and seems to be living more reasonably.

I'd go so far as to say that shopping is a major leisure activity here in America. She's just indulging us. ;)

I take a wider view. She was ill-prepared to ever earn a living. People hate that she lived outside her means. At least she has found something that she can do and seems to be living more reasonably.

I'd go so far as to say that shopping is a major leisure activity here in America. She's just indulging us. ;)

She found something she can do? They are sure this time?

Was she not working when she began dating Prince Andrew?

Who will pay her household in the expensive Verbier.

Will she be invited by everyone and share a Glass of a 10.000 euros Champagne Bottle.

I can see Fergie living in one part of this chalet and renting the rest out for those huge prices they go for weekly in the ski season. She may well act as a hostess for part of the renters' stay, joining them for some meals perhaps or skiing with them on the slopes.

Yeah "stay with the duchess " sounds like something Fergie would do.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She worked for an art-book publisher just before her engagement; and I think that she continued her work for awhile after her marriage, but based at Buckingham Palace. That seemed to quietly end at some point, perhaps before her daughters were born.

Was she not working when she began dating Prince Andrew?

So glad to see Sir Bob Geldof have some happiness. Sarah Duchess of York and her younger man, ya know as long as it keeps them happy, fair play to her. They are both consenting adults and I have to confess I am nothing to write home about but have dated a few younger men and it ups ones self confidence endlessly. Lets hope she can find peace of mind and heart and move on with her life.

Resplendent in a flattering midnight blue ensemble, Sarah Ferguson showed her support for the Silent No More Gynaecological Cancer Fund and The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity's campaign at a ladies' lunch.

The Duchess of York, who showcased a trim new figure for the occasion, joined socialites and IT girls at the annual ladies' lunch in support of the charity campaign held at Fortnum & Mason last week.

Sporting a healthy glow from her recent jaunt to France, the 55-year-old was in high spirits as she lent her support to the charity campaign.

Fergie attends Lady Garden lunch for gynaecological cancer charities | Daily Mail Online

Sarah Ferguson on Princess Beatrice: 'She's Very Financially Savvy' : People.com
According to this Sarah is back in New York and will celebrate birthday 56 (today) there w/ Beatrice.
Interesting that Sarah offers the comment that she is not good w/ money, wasn't she all a buzz just a short while ago about the beaucoup bucks she was going to make with her juicer and teas? I know she got one late night shot on a shopping channel - which I missed, has she had any additional slots? They only schedule returns for products if they make a decent profit. I kept watching for a repeat shopping channel appearance as if I saw one that would suggest that Sarah's juicer might in fact make some money for her.
Also interesting that she does not flog her juicer or her teas in the interview, in fact she doesn't mention them, not a good sign, IMO.
Rather now she's all about her next venture - pretty dishes. And she mentions her charity coming to the US (her last non profit in the US folded.)
Also claims she's not really moved to Switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom