Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except, do you think Fergie can really like her life to the fullest as a royal duchess? She'd have restrictions and responsibilities. Neither of which she does too well with.

Believe it or not, but i think the royals do live their lives to their best fullest, despite the royal fishbowl. A great deal of them do appear to be happy with their marriages and family.

Look, it’s okay for us to disagree, but I think it’s just best for folks to let go of the past.

Some folks won’t accept it, but if Sarah and Andrew announced their engagement with royal blessing, folks would just have to put up with it.

I kinda think their doing their own PR campaign.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, but i think the royals do live their lives to their best fullest, despite the royal fishbowl. A great deal of them do appear to be happy with their marriages and family.

Look, it’s okay for us to disagree, but I think it’s just best for folks to let go of the past.

Some folks won’t accept it, but if Sarah and Andrew announced their engagement with royal blessing, folks would just have to put up with it.

Yes, because they are ok with certain sacrifices while focusing on what they do get out of it. It's a deal they decided to make. I'm sure Sarah would be happy about what she gets, but she's not so good at the sacrificing part.

And people don't have to let go of anything or put up with anything. They can obviously announce their engagement at any point if they wish. However, it'll be a hard road for her as a royal duchess. And I don't know if she'll get royal blessings that easy. The whole idea here is that they can get married because now Andrew doesn't have to ask for permission. Meaning, there is some likelihood that permission would be denied. If that's the case, I doubt royal blessing would be in place. And by all accounts, it's not just Prince Philip that can't stand her. Charles isn't a big fan either.

Last edited:
IF AFTER the divorce Sarah had gone on to live a low profile scandal free life then I don't think folks would have an issue with her...I don't even think the DoE (reportedly detests her) would object if they remarried....BUT as we all know Sarah has not and the last 'access' scandal really did sink her with the BRF IMO. The bridge went up in flames.

LaRae

People would accept her, if people would learn to let go of the past and allow two older people to live their lives with some happiness. It’s 2018 and folks are still holding on to 1992 for dear life. My God, “let it go!...Let it go!” As the Frozen song say.

Agreed, they clearly still "love each other" in their own bizarre ways.

If the reason why Sarah can't remarry Andrew is that the people of the UK wouldn't accept her again as a royal duchess, then what it is implied is that, to marry the woman he wants to be with, Andrew would have to cease to be a duke, which BTW is not possible without an act of parliament.

All I can say that I don’t think Sarah and Andrew’s story and journey is over. There’s a fire there that no one can put out.

Last edited:
And that has nothing to do with them marrying ...people are willing to ignore the situation as it is. No point in rattling cages ...there's nothing to be gained.

LaRae

But I really don't think people would put up with it.

There would probably be consequences. It isn't just Philip who dislikes Fergie, that also applies to Charles.
I suspect it applies to William as well, since he seems to have always distanced himself from the Yorks.

At the very least, I think Andrew would have to stop being a working royal and would no longer receive any money as such. There might even be trouble with his lease on Royal Lodge. His influence would also be diminished.

In short, he has nothing to gain by remarrying, but does have quite a bit to lose.

And that has nothing to do with them marrying ...people are willing to ignore the situation as it is. No point in rattling cages ...there's nothing to be gained.

LaRae

People can go on being bitter, but if this couple want to move on together officially, they can do so. Lots of folks are still living in the late 80’s and 90’s with C&C, but none of that has stopped the couple from living the rest of their lives together as husband and wife.

At some point, you say screw everyone else and simply get on with it.

But I really don't think people would put up with it.

There would probably be consequences. It isn't just Philip who dislikes Fergie, that also applies to Charles.
I suspect it applies to William as well, since he seems to have always distanced himself from the Yorks.

At the very least, I think Andrew would have to stop being a working royal and would no longer receive any money as such. There might even be trouble with his lease on Royal Lodge. His influence would also be diminished.

In short, he has nothing to gain by remarrying, but does have quite a bit to lose.

Philip, I think anyone who don’t leave fingerprints anymore shouldn’t be holding grudges.

Charles, can’t pass judgment and should be very grateful Mark Bolland helped make things possible.

William, I don’t think he have a problem with the York’s. He’s pretty close with his cousins. 2011 was a different time.

Last edited:
Let's get back on topic...

I'm no fashion expert, but wouldn't she look better in a heel when attending these functions??
These silly flat shoes that she seems to be so fond of remind me of a pair of carpet slippers from M&S!

There are very pretty, dressy flats if she is no longer comfortable wearing heels on a regular basis. I’ve had to swear them off entirely, but still manage to dress in nice shoes for nice events.

But she does seem to almost exclusively wear loafers that look like men’s bedroom slippers. I guess she’s decided it’s her quirk.

Speaking from the perspective of an (ahem) "mature" woman with knee issues, heels as I grew older became something to sigh at as I glance in my closet. The higher the heel, the greater the chance of ending up in the emergency room for me.

Personally, I think flats are just as acceptable as a heel would be for women and they're far more comfortable. :D

Quite a nice simple look from Sarah. I can imagine that her shoes with "drink me" on them were for a bit of fun but they just seem odd and rather silly to me. But perhaps I'm a party pooper - it just looks like she's come out in her slippers!

She looked pretty nice at Harry's wedding and she was in heels I think. I find most of her looks now days are not that great for her so it's nice when she pops up wearing something really good.

LaRae

There are appropriate flats to be had for this type of occasion. These could be saved for a more casual fun evening. I just think this is the same kind of thing that Sarah has done all her life .... make foolish choices and then end up looking foolish. She just never seems to grow up. OR something like this gets her the attention she wants. But as others have said it just makes her look silly.

I'm no fashion expert, but wouldn't she look better in a heel when attending these functions??
These silly flat shoes that she seems to be so fond of remind me of a pair of carpet slippers from M&S!

Sarah definitely has issues with her feet and/or knees (a few years ago I recall she had surgery on both feet) and rarely wears heels, and when she does wear them she looks both uncomfortable and unsteady. She wore heels to Harry's wedding and to her most recent appearance at Ascot. When she curtsied to Her Majesty at Ascot she held Princess Beatrice's hand and it definitely looked like she needed Beatrice to help with her balance.

Flats are far more comfortable and far easier to walk in. Sarah has been a runner for years and I wouldn't be at all surprised if her knees have taken a beating over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom