The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

SOS Children's Villages - USA Spokesperson Sarah Ferguson Participates in the Viennese Opera Ball in NYC

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, will join hundreds of guests at the Viennese Opera Ball in New York City on January 26th to benefit SOS Children's Villages, an international nonprofit organization providing homes, education, health care and a future to more than a million children and families each year.
"There isn't another organization anywhere in the world like SOS
Children's Villages," the Duchess said.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, will join hundreds of guests at the Viennese Opera Ball in New York City on January 26th to benefit SOS Children's Villages, an international nonprofit organization providing homes, education, health care and a future to more than a million children and families each year.
"There isn't another organization anywhere in the world like SOS
Children's Villages," the Duchess said.
Yes it is a wonderful cause, but please Sarah wear something elegant and age appropriate, for a change!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

What picture are you talking about, skydragon? I don't see one with the article that Avalon posted.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
What picture are you talking about, skydragon? I don't see one with the article that Avalon posted.
I think Skydragon only wanted to express her hope for that event (which is two weeks from now): that Sarah once in her life dresses appropriate...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Oh now I see.

skydragon, with a little more effort, you could give us the impression that Sarah is your favorite little dog to kick around the forums - kinda like Odie is to Garfield.

http://www.mundopeke.com/web/garfiel...a/pegaodie.gif
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Oh now I see.

skydragon, with a little more effort, you could give us the impression that Sarah is your favorite little dog to kick around the forums - kinda like Odie is to Garfield.

http://www.mundopeke.com/web/garfiel...a/pegaodie.gif
If Camilla ever behaved in the same way, she would get the same treatment and I did say it was a wonderful cause! If and when (I am the eternal optimist) Sarah stops trying to comvince everyone that the 1st flush of youth has not gone.....
(p.s. I would never dream of kicking any dog).
Old 01-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I think Skydragon only wanted to express her hope for that event (which is two weeks from now): that Sarah once in her life dresses appropriate...
She's not the only one I also long to see her put her hair up.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson attends the 52nd Consecutive Viennese Opera Ball at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel hosted by Duchess Sarah Ferguson and NBC Today Show Ann Curry on January 26, 2007 in New York City.

Sarah 1
Sarah 2
Sarah 3
Sarah 4
Click here for more!
Old 01-27-2007, 04:23 AM
Aristocracy

Sarah looks very happy and content in these new photos.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Commoner

I think Sarah looks great and seems content in her life. She works very hard to help others.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson attends the 52nd Consecutive Viennese Opera Ball at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel hosted by Duchess Sarah Ferguson and NBC Today Show Ann Curry on January 26, 2007 in New York City.

Sarah 1
Sarah 2
Sarah 3
Sarah 4
Click here for more!
Very nice photos, Iceflower! I think Sarah looks very elegant in these pictures.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Courtier

I'm glad to see that she is wearing something other than "black" and that her hair is pulled away from her face. She looks very nice.
And even though she did do something different with her hair, I wish on occasions like this, she would do a "little something more" to give her that elegant look.
She can be such a beautiful, elegant lady if she only put a little effort into it. Just my opinion of course.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Nobility

looking very elegant for a change. But why go with fakes when she owns the real deal?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
I'm glad to see that she is wearing something other than "black" and that her hair is pulled away from her face. She looks very nice.
And even though she did do something different with her hair, I wish on occasions like this, she would do a "little something more" to give her that elegant look.
She can be such a beautiful, elegant lady if she only put a little effort into it. Just my opinion of course.
I agree. She looks very nice, but could easily look so much nicer. Even though she has her hair pulled back, I adhere to the old fashioned view that long hair should be up when she is dressed in an evening gown. And rather than a choker I'd like a longer necklace, but now I'm getting really picky.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
It must be difficult for her, but do we really need to see so much, she looks as though she is about to pop out of the top.

She needs a necklace like Camilla's new one, in Emeralds and Diamonds, to cover the freckles and thread veins!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 17.4.2007

Sarah Ferguson poses at the Cipriani Wall Street Concert Series benefiting UNICEF & the Sarah Ferguson Foundation at Cipriani Wall Street April 17, 2007 in New York City.

Sarah 1
Sarah 2
Sarah 3
Sarah 4
Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Courtier

The Duchess of York was in Philadelphia yesterday to participate in a Ronald McDonald House Charities event. I know a number of people who attended/were involved ... all report that the Duchess was beautiful, gracious, and incredibly hard working.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Pic 20.4.2007

Thanks a lot for telling us, suztav

Today, Sarah has been in Washington D.C.:

In this handout photograph provided by McDonalds, Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, left, greets children from Ronald McDonald House, during a stop to unveil the 'Ronald McDonald House Charities on the Dollar Menu Campaign', at a Washington, D.C. McDonald's, Friday, April 20, 2007. The campaign gives customers the opportunity to contribute to their local Ronald McDonald House Charities by adding a donation to their food order, directly benefiting the local Ronald McDonald House, which provides a home away from home for families of sick children being treated at area hospitals.(AP PHOTOS/McDonalds, John Harrington) ---> Pic
Old 04-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

It's so nice to see Sarah again after quite a long time that has passed since her last official event besides Eugenies birtday. Nice to see her both at an glamourous event as well as at her work for the children!
Thank you for the pictures!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Here is one more article and pics of the visit in Philadelphia on 19.4.2007, suztav told us about:

Click here for the article: Lending a sympathetic ear - Sarah Ferguson visits St. Christopher's to raise money - and offer some comfort.
and two pics: Pic 1 - Pic 2

Tags
duchess of york