The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I agree with this assessment. Self-centeredness doesn't equate self-love.
I agree with this assessment too. Sarah is so insecure.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaelena View Post
I agree with this assessment too. Sarah is so insecure.
When considering Sarah, "daft" comes my mind long before "insecure"

Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy's mom View Post
In regards to the villa in Spain, I would venture a guess that her daughters are paying for it. Of everyone involved in this mess, I feel the most sympathy for them; I think they will be taking care of their mother both financially and emotionally for an indefinate period of time.
I agree with you. I wish Andrew had never married her.
And it doesn't matter how much money she had received from her divorce, even if it had been several million she still would have pilfered it away because she loves to live the life of luxury and she can't manage her money properly.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I wish Andrew had never married her.
Well, he did. And there's nothing we can do about it except to hope that PA acts accordingly to keep as much scandal away from HM as possible, get Sarah help and on the right path to some sort of success and walk away.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

SARAH FERGUSON TAKES SHELTER IN PORTUGAL AFTER THE SCANDAL TO REMAKE HER LIFE.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5236/bewf6bfcf.jpg
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/4001/bewf6bfca.jpg
Old 06-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I thought she was in a very posh place in spain?
We've had new life in USA now a new life in Portugal.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

She is just like a cat, she has nive lifes....
Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

I think she's doing the right thing by lying lowwww for awhile.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Courtier

Heart-breaking-pitiful-painful-sad-astonishing-vulgar-sorry-amazing-gullible
Old 07-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Heart-breaking
For who?
Sarah? or the people watching?
Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I doubt if she would even have listened to someone telling her you are spedning too much, your lifestyle is to lavish, you have no money, you need to cut back. She never adjusted to the idea that the people she likes to socialize with have oodles of money and she couldn't match their lifestyle.
She could have gone back to the publishing business after the divorce and lived a comfortable life but it wasnt enough for her. Guess you can take the girl out of the palace but you cant take the palace out of the girl.
Even before her marriage, she was running with a crowd of people who had more money, more connections, more jewels, and were far more attractive naturally. She worked as a chalet girl to afford skiing trips to posh resorts, she did all and sundry and lived on the generosity of wealthy boyfriends so it's not like living beyond her means (and socializing with people who have more) is really anything new. She's always been the type to live beyond her means and run with a wealthier crowd. What a pity she never did what Jackie O. did and find a good investement banker and get a small job. With her enviable connections she could easily have snagged many impressive accounts/writers and become quite successful.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
With her enviable connections she could easily have snagged many impressive accounts/writers and become quite successful.
She actually did a lot of that until the GFC. Her company lost all its money with the financial crisis like many other people.

That is one of the things that many people lose sight of - that she was one of the victims of the financial crash of 2008/9 which led to her need to raise fast cash.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Courtier

And she couldn't do it any other way than to sell access to her husband? There are a lot of people, rich, who got hit hard and they adjusted their lives without selling access to anyone.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
And she couldn't do it any other way than to sell access to her husband? There are a lot of people, rich, who got hit hard and they adjusted their lives without selling access to anyone.

Maybe she couldn't think of any other way at the time - she was desperate and spinning out of control and she was set up by the NOTW, who had done it twice before to members of the BRF (Princess Michael and The Countess of Wessex).

Many of those affected by the GFC haven't recovered - some committed suicide or committed crimes to try to cope.

She didn't do anything illegal - unethical maybe - but illegal no.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Courtier

Sometimes, unethical is one step towards illegal; next time it might not be just unethical.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Sometimes, unethical is one step towards illegal; next time it might not be just unethical.
I presume you were talking about Sarah here, but after what we know now, it could just as well be the NOTW. In my view, the way they treated Sarah was thoroughly unethical – and now we know the extent of their morally corrupt and illegal activities – hacking the phones not only of celebrities, but also of the families of murder victims and soldiers killed in action. Disgusting.

The NOTW’s closure was announced yesterday, and I hope Sarah can take some satisfaction and closure from that. She is a victim, like so many others, of morally bankrupt so-called “journalism”.
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 07-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Courtier

If Sarah hadn't opened herself up to it the sting would never have happened. There were phone calls exchanged she set up the meeting, she went, she talked about money and opening doors. She has only herself to blame for being caught. If she wasn't up to something there wouldn't have been a sting in the first place! I can't put Sarah in the same category as the families of murder victims etc. They didn't do anything to be put in that position. Yes she gets lots of negative attention but she doesn't help things by doing stupid things that get her that attention. Many people lost a lot more then she did when the market went bad and if she had off put some money away instead of spending it the ridicules ways she did and have so many personal staff which really wasn't needed then she wouldn't be in her own mess. This isn't the first time she has been bad with money it seems to be her thing! NOTW is closing but other tabloids will simply takeover some of there stings just without the phone tapping etc I would hope. Besides it if wasn't for this Oprah wouldn't have offered her this series so once again she gets paid for being bad!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
If Sarah hadn't opened herself up to it the sting would never have happened. There were phone calls exchanged she set up the meeting, she went, she talked about money and opening doors. She has only herself to blame for being caught. If she wasn't up to something there wouldn't have been a sting in the first place! I can't put Sarah in the same category as the families of murder victims etc. They didn't do anything to be put in that position. Yes she gets lots of negative attention but she doesn't help things by doing stupid things that get her that attention. Many people lost a lot more then she did when the market went bad and if she had off put some money away instead of spending it the ridicules ways she did and have so many personal staff which really wasn't needed then she wouldn't be in her own mess. This isn't the first time she has been bad with money it seems to be her thing! NOTW is closing but other tabloids will simply takeover some of there stings just without the phone tapping etc I would hope. Besides it if wasn't for this Oprah wouldn't have offered her this series so once again she gets paid for being bad!
Thank you. I got the feeling we'd hear from Sarah's cheerleaders when the NOTW closure came through. Talking about how the sting was fraudulant but Sarah wasn't set up, she wasn't drunk, she was greedy and paid for it. For all the talk of the NoTW being trash, they DID break many legit stories and the Cash of Access scandal was one of them. Sarah knew what she was doing when she spoke to those people on multiple occassions
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Thank you. I got the feeling we'd hear from Sarah's cheerleaders when the NOTW closure came through. Talking about how the sting was fraudulant but Sarah wasn't set up, she wasn't drunk, she was greedy and paid for it. For all the talk of the NoTW being trash, they DID break many legit stories and the Cash of Access scandal was one of them. Sarah knew what she was doing when she spoke to those people on multiple occassions
I can't imagine Catherine Cambridge or Camilla Cornwall to fall for such a sting - they simply wouldn't talk like that and negociate like that. If it was a serious negociation or a sting: fact is Sarah did what she did so she has to take responsibility for it and the majority of people has been shocked, just like they are shocked by the current information that comes to light about the NotW.

If Sarah hadn't done what a lot of people considered to be wrong, she wouldn't have lost her reputation over it. It doesn't matter if it was set up or not, she did what she did, just like when she was pictured having her toes licked by a man not her husband when her little daughters looked on. It doesn't matter that she was on a private estate then, people formed their opinion because of what Sarah had done by involving her kids. And now they form their opinon about Sarah because she involved her contacts to the Royal family.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
And NOTW knew what they were doing when they arranged the sting. It wasn't just some idea that they grabbed out of the blue.