The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why? I don't see how this affects the BRF? There have been no stories including them in a bad way, they are only slightly mentioned as in cases of "What would the Queen think?" etc.
To me it does have an affect on the girls but only because of what Sarah has done.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

It HAS had an effect on the BRF simply because people keep talking --especially Sarah--about her small settlement. Which reflects on the BRF. Be that as it may, Russo got a paltry settlement as well from the 1st husband (who literally didn't have a leg to stand on--HA!) and never looked back. We own our own business, a rental house, our house and an office building. It's what I MADE of it. And Sarah had that capability as well.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry but anybody can realise that what she was given, SHE could have handled better, she could have invested in something that would make her money. The money she made from books, sponserships etc if she had handled better she would be okay.
Just as you did Russo, she should have made the best of what she had.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The hotel room is a private place, just like her home would be.
I don't think she has a leg to stand on if she tries to sue, don't put ideas in her head.
I don´t know if I am mistaken but I don´t think it was even her own hotel room, didn´t she take the money and leave? If so it was the room rented by the reporters and she went there to "do the deal".
I agree with you though, please no one give her ideas.
The papers are saying it didn´t go down that well with the US audience, there were some who sympathised but not that many, at least the ones who wrote or phoned in.
I feel sorry for the Queen, why should she have to pay out money to Sarah, she is her ex-daughter-in-law and she had more than enough money to live on at the time of the divorce, she was not even the innocent party, also the Queen gave her the money to buy a house and she didn´t. Why?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I sincerely do not like the fact that the Duchess of York needs money. To me, it doesn't look well on the BRF.
Yes, I agree it would look bad.
Luckily, Sarah isn't the Duchess of York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Russo got a paltry settlement as well from the 1st husband (who literally didn't have a leg to stand on--HA!) and never looked back. We own our own business, a rental house, our house and an office building. It's what I MADE of it.
Bravo Russo!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Bravo Russo!
Thank you! Thank you very much! I'm here 'til Friday. Try the veal!

I'll bet another bottle of Merlot Sarah is already thinking of suing the tabloids. . .
Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Luckily, Sarah isn't the Duchess of York.
What do you mean?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What do you mean?
She is Sarah, Duchess of York.
It isn't her title, it is her surname, a style.
I think Idriel is saying because she isn't a member of the BRF, it does not impact them.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't think that calling Sarah that was necessary or kind, no. To say something like that to a woman who has already called herself "stupid", "idiotic", "in the gutter" etc. is rather cruel. My opinion of Oprah isn't a high one in any case, and this confirms it. Sarah is, in my opinion, at the end of her rope and doesn't need further confirmation of how wretched she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I just have to ask, though--I don't watch Oprah, but was it really necessary to call Sarah "spiritually and morally bankrupt"?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

You know, an engagement by Wills and Kate would put the kibosh on the whole Sarah deal. . . .Just sayin'. . . .

I agree she needs to be under control. I think a nice stay at a rehab place with plenty of psychological therapy for Sarah to really learn to LOVE HERSELF--warts and all! Would be just the thing.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
You know, an engagement by Wills and Kate would put the kibosh on the whole Sarah deal. . . .Just sayin'. . . .
Well wait for tommorow, it is suppose to happen.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A nice stay away from money aswell.
I just want her to go and see people who are really suffering from not having enough money, not just because of the recession but because thats the way they have always been even before the recession.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not an Oprah fan myself, but I didn't think it was wrong of her to say Sarah is "spiritually and morally bankrupt". She is those things. We have to remember, that as a talk show host, Oprah has to clarify certain things on her show. When she said that statement, she was wrapping up Sarah and her unfortunate events all in one. By just one statement, the people can know that the person in the scam video is the bankrupt Sarah, but the one on the show is the new Sarah.The Sarah that will be moving on. I think thats what Oprah had in mind.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I understand that thats not her "title", but she still is Duchess of York.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that Sarah might have some kind of mental illness; it's in that context that I think it was wrong for Oprah to condemn her in the words that she did. If Sarah really is as low as she appears, care must be taken not to send her over the brink. That's my concern.

Quote:
By just one statement, the people can know that the person in the scam video is the bankrupt Sarah, but the one on the show is the new Sarah.The Sarah that will be moving on. I think thats what Oprah had in mind.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you put it that way, then yes care must be taken into account. But why do you think she mentally ill? Was there something in the press about this?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

Great title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Well, The Firm has some decisions to make. Essentially, there are two choices: Sarah has a public life in order to make a living, or Sarah has a private life in which she is "retired" from her public life and afforded a grace-and-favor and an allowance.

... Any engagements or sources of outside income are vetted through the office of whichever part of the BRF has the unenviable task of trying to ride herd on her. Perhaps a secretary to be appointed from the office of the Duke of York to handle her financial and personal affairs. I hereby dub this person to be the Keeper of the Redhead
Wish I'd thought of that line!
All I could think of is that for many years there had been no major headlines and that Sarah had been included in more BRF invitations, possibly easing her way back in behind the scenes? Then she goes and shoots herself in the foot and mucks it all up. I wish I'd gotten that kind of divorce settlement, you can be sure I wouldn't have had to continue working or anything else. Live within your means or find more income, simple mathematics! Poor Andrew, I'm sure he's getting an earful from all sides.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Daily Beasts article on Oprah's interview with Sarah (sorry if someones posted this already)

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, Appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show - The Daily Beast
Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The way that she referred to herself in the third person is telling. IIRC that was a symptom that was used to pin the Borderline Personality Disorder on Diana Princess of Wales. There's her wild spending. Sometimes that can be a symptom of depression or bi-polar disorder. She does seem to be quite narcissistic and she seems to draw a lot of her self-worth from her previous marriage and her daughters. It's my opinion that, at the very least, she's unbalanced. A crisis can turn an unbalanced person into someone who's very ill.

Quote:
If you put it that way, then yes care must be taken into account. But why do you think she mentally ill? Was there something in the press about this?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Sarah Ferguson backlash as America condemns Oprah interview | Mail Online

Duchess of York tells Oprah 'I'm on brink of bankruptcy' | News

The Diana interview of 1995 won praise but it seems Sarah's won more criticism! I think if I were her, I would stay under the radar as much as possible from now on.

If the Duchess wants a role model to look upto, I suggest none other than the Crown Princess of Sweden who has never put a foot wrong!