Sarah, Duchess of York: "Cash for Access" - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jonc93 said:
O: why did you make the decision to out yourself and talk about the situation? You could of just waited it out?
S: When you get to that level you have to ask why then you have to go forward and not say sorry.
O: How does the lesson manifest itself? We know people who spiral dont wake up the next day and say Im gonna love myself today?
S: Its new but I believe whenever something comes in now I;m gonna look at it and look at it from Sarah.
- " If I go bankrupt I go bankrupt"
O: Would you go bankrupt instead of doing what was on the tape?
S: yes bankruptcy
Oprah: On that tape that is a spiritually bankrupt person.

They say thank you and its over, the part that kills me is when she says after Diana's death she felt alone even though they hadn't spoken in 2 years.
Sarah & Diana not spoken in six months when Diana died.
I saw Sarah talking at Larry King years ago, that when she and Diana were fought they were six months without talking.

In 1996, Sarah + girls & Diana + boys spent their summer holidays together in France

http://www.corbisimages.com/Search#p=1&s=200&sort=0&q=Diana%20fergie

I saw the interview with Oprah, the only feeling I can feel is mercy for Sarah.

In this WHOLE mess, I'm really glad for she have a good relationship with her daughters & Andrew.

She seems that was really desperate and acted like someone desperate.

I really think Sarah need begin to love herself.

COUNTESS said:
The "Royals" and what makes them better than anyone else, aren't any better. They just hide some things with, I am sure, help. Charles is hardly the spirit of virtuousness nor is his present wife. Shake the family tree and a lots of spoiled fruit will fall out. Just as the Lord said, he who is without sin.....
Agree

I saw some member(s) talking about NOTW be unethical, is anyone really surprised? That's exactly what I expect from tabloids, I heard NOTW is worse than The Sun ...

What on earth gave you the idea that Sarah needs to love herself? She is very self indulgent and that is why she keeps spending momey she doesn´t have when she knows very well she is in deep debt, continuing to do whatever she pleases, and then when things get tough she blames everyone but herself. Stop loving herself so much might be a good way to start a new life. If she thought of her ex husband and her daughters she would be more careful in her actions.

She doesn't need to love herself, i think she has always loved herself more than anyone else.
I think she needs to have confidence in herself. And someone to look after her bank balance.

She doesn't need to love herself, i think she has always loved herself more than anyone else.
I think she needs to have confidence in herself. And someone to look after her bank balance.

Quite right.

Sarah could also do with trying to keep a real job, or restricting herself to charity work, or just staying out of the press.

Maybe if the BRF promised her an extra "bonus" for every 3 months she stayed out of the press, we might achieve better results!

I don't think the BRF should give her anything anymore.
Giving her a "bonus" for good behaviour is like when college students get EMA bonus' if they turn up to classes and do nothing all day.
They should not have to promise her anything to stay out of the press, after everything else they have done for her, she should learn to keep her head down and got on with her life.

Well, I've learned a lot from this thread.

1) Sarah could strangle puppies with one hand and purchase the Isle of Manhattan with a stolen credit card with the name "Richard Branson" on it, and her adherents would blame it on anyone but her;

2) Navy wives get a free pass to cheat, internationally.

In regards to the villa in Spain, I would venture a guess that her daughters are paying for it. Of everyone involved in this mess, I feel the most sympathy for them; I think they will be taking care of their mother both financially and emotionally for an indefinate period of time.

Duchess of York

Oh yes she loves herself too much...

On the contrary, this type of money-loving, status-loving behavior is usually seen in people who are very insecure. They seem to think that if they have all the trappings of beauty, success, etc.. that other people will not see the self-loathing person deep inside.

As trifling as I think the duchess is, I still feel sorry for her and hope that even at 50 she can see her way to get some help.l

I agree with this assessment. Self-centeredness doesn't equate self-love.

On the contrary, this type of money-loving, status-loving behavior is usually seen in people who are very insecure. They seem to think that if they have all the trappings of beauty, success, etc.. that other people will not see the self-loathing person deep inside.

In regards to the villa in Spain, I would venture a guess that her daughters are paying for it. Of everyone involved in this mess, I feel the most sympathy for them; I think they will be taking care of their mother both financially and emotionally for an indefinate period of time.
I agree with you. I wish Andrew had never married her.
And it doesn't matter how much money she had received from her divorce, even if it had been several million she still would have pilfered it away because she loves to live the life of luxury and she can't manage her money properly.

I wish Andrew had never married her.
Well, he did. And there's nothing we can do about it except to hope that PA acts accordingly to keep as much scandal away from HM as possible, get Sarah help and on the right path to some sort of success and walk away.

I thought she was in a very posh place in spain?
We've had new life in USA now a new life in Portugal.

She is just like a cat, she has nive lifes....

I think she's doing the right thing by lying lowwww for awhile.

Heart-breaking-pitiful-painful-sad-astonishing-vulgar-sorry-amazing-gullible

I doubt if she would even have listened to someone telling her you are spedning too much, your lifestyle is to lavish, you have no money, you need to cut back. She never adjusted to the idea that the people she likes to socialize with have oodles of money and she couldn't match their lifestyle.
She could have gone back to the publishing business after the divorce and lived a comfortable life but it wasnt enough for her. Guess you can take the girl out of the palace but you cant take the palace out of the girl.

Even before her marriage, she was running with a crowd of people who had more money, more connections, more jewels, and were far more attractive naturally. She worked as a chalet girl to afford skiing trips to posh resorts, she did all and sundry and lived on the generosity of wealthy boyfriends so it's not like living beyond her means (and socializing with people who have more) is really anything new. She's always been the type to live beyond her means and run with a wealthier crowd. What a pity she never did what Jackie O. did and find a good investement banker and get a small job. With her enviable connections she could easily have snagged many impressive accounts/writers and become quite successful.

With her enviable connections she could easily have snagged many impressive accounts/writers and become quite successful.

She actually did a lot of that until the GFC. Her company lost all its money with the financial crisis like many other people.

That is one of the things that many people lose sight of - that she was one of the victims of the financial crash of 2008/9 which led to her need to raise fast cash.

And she couldn't do it any other way than to sell access to her husband? There are a lot of people, rich, who got hit hard and they adjusted their lives without selling access to anyone.

And she couldn't do it any other way than to sell access to her husband? There are a lot of people, rich, who got hit hard and they adjusted their lives without selling access to anyone.

Maybe she couldn't think of any other way at the time - she was desperate and spinning out of control and she was set up by the NOTW, who had done it twice before to members of the BRF (Princess Michael and The Countess of Wessex).

Many of those affected by the GFC haven't recovered - some committed suicide or committed crimes to try to cope.

She didn't do anything illegal - unethical maybe - but illegal no.

Sometimes, unethical is one step towards illegal; next time it might not be just unethical.

Sometimes, unethical is one step towards illegal; next time it might not be just unethical.

I presume you were talking about Sarah here, but after what we know now, it could just as well be the NOTW. In my view, the way they treated Sarah was thoroughly unethical – and now we know the extent of their morally corrupt and illegal activities – hacking the phones not only of celebrities, but also of the families of murder victims and soldiers killed in action. Disgusting.

The NOTW’s closure was announced yesterday, and I hope Sarah can take some satisfaction and closure from that. She is a victim, like so many others, of morally bankrupt so-called “journalism”.

If Sarah hadn't opened herself up to it the sting would never have happened. There were phone calls exchanged she set up the meeting, she went, she talked about money and opening doors. She has only herself to blame for being caught. If she wasn't up to something there wouldn't have been a sting in the first place! I can't put Sarah in the same category as the families of murder victims etc. They didn't do anything to be put in that position. Yes she gets lots of negative attention but she doesn't help things by doing stupid things that get her that attention. Many people lost a lot more then she did when the market went bad and if she had off put some money away instead of spending it the ridicules ways she did and have so many personal staff which really wasn't needed then she wouldn't be in her own mess. This isn't the first time she has been bad with money it seems to be her thing! NOTW is closing but other tabloids will simply takeover some of there stings just without the phone tapping etc I would hope. Besides it if wasn't for this Oprah wouldn't have offered her this series so once again she gets paid for being bad!

If Sarah hadn't opened herself up to it the sting would never have happened. There were phone calls exchanged she set up the meeting, she went, she talked about money and opening doors. She has only herself to blame for being caught. If she wasn't up to something there wouldn't have been a sting in the first place! I can't put Sarah in the same category as the families of murder victims etc. They didn't do anything to be put in that position. Yes she gets lots of negative attention but she doesn't help things by doing stupid things that get her that attention. Many people lost a lot more then she did when the market went bad and if she had off put some money away instead of spending it the ridicules ways she did and have so many personal staff which really wasn't needed then she wouldn't be in her own mess. This isn't the first time she has been bad with money it seems to be her thing! NOTW is closing but other tabloids will simply takeover some of there stings just without the phone tapping etc I would hope. Besides it if wasn't for this Oprah wouldn't have offered her this series so once again she gets paid for being bad!

Thank you. I got the feeling we'd hear from Sarah's cheerleaders when the NOTW closure came through. Talking about how the sting was fraudulant but Sarah wasn't set up, she wasn't drunk, she was greedy and paid for it. For all the talk of the NoTW being trash, they DID break many legit stories and the Cash of Access scandal was one of them. Sarah knew what she was doing when she spoke to those people on multiple occassions

Thank you. I got the feeling we'd hear from Sarah's cheerleaders when the NOTW closure came through. Talking about how the sting was fraudulant but Sarah wasn't set up, she wasn't drunk, she was greedy and paid for it. For all the talk of the NoTW being trash, they DID break many legit stories and the Cash of Access scandal was one of them. Sarah knew what she was doing when she spoke to those people on multiple occassions

I can't imagine Catherine Cambridge or Camilla Cornwall to fall for such a sting - they simply wouldn't talk like that and negociate like that. If it was a serious negociation or a sting: fact is Sarah did what she did so she has to take responsibility for it and the majority of people has been shocked, just like they are shocked by the current information that comes to light about the NotW.

If Sarah hadn't done what a lot of people considered to be wrong, she wouldn't have lost her reputation over it. It doesn't matter if it was set up or not, she did what she did, just like when she was pictured having her toes licked by a man not her husband when her little daughters looked on. It doesn't matter that she was on a private estate then, people formed their opinion because of what Sarah had done by involving her kids. And now they form their opinon about Sarah because she involved her contacts to the Royal family.

And NOTW knew what they were doing when they arranged the sting. It wasn't just some idea that they grabbed out of the blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom