Sarah, Duchess of York: "Cash for Access" - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO she'll never remarry : it would mean she could'nt use anymore the Duchess of York title... and since the divorce she has been milking it...

What exactly was her "quick-thinking action"?

IIRC, realizing that the attacks were probably more than they appeared, she insisted that her staff evacuate with her. If you read more about the attacks - and there is certainly a plethora of information available to you to do so - many people remained in the towers under instructions to "stay put." The people who survived fell largely into two categories: 1) those that had rehearsed for a disaster and activated their plans; and 2) those that insisted on evacuating and insisting that others go with them. In the latter category was my former brother in law, who stood up on his desk and announced to the 26 people who worked directly for him that, in spite of the "orders" to stay put, he was going to lead them out and down the stairwells, and he'd take responsibility for any negative repercussions.

But I'm sure that Mr. Google can be your friend if you will only let him. He's generous of heart. Mr. Bing is confusing.

IMO she'll never remarry : it would mean she could'nt use anymore the Duchess of York title... and since the divorce she has been milking it...

Unless she marries, and recieves a better title. ;)

^^
Very true, Lumutqueen; but I doubt that she can catch someone with a better title and more royals connections than PA. Although if he has a lot of money.... :whistling:

I've been thinking that maybe if PA had married another woman after the divorce, SF would have realised that she is not still a dutchess, only the mother of two granddaughters of the queen. And she should have found another place to live, maybe that would have worked as a wake up call for her. :ermm:

Unless she marries the other PA? ;)
Yeah I think If Andrew re-married that would provide a wake up call for Sarah.

^^
Good one :lol: Although that option seems a bit complicated....

^^
Good one :lol: Although that option seems a bit complicated....
well put Melibea,
That option truly is complicated.....and I think he would have done so already if he had really wanted to.

I can't think of what could possibly constitute a wake-up call for Sarah. I mean, if this isn't - what on earth could be?

...She has made her bed, so to speak, so she has a tough road to hoe.
And in spite of all the Bush bashing former President Bush has receieved, he came out okay. Sarah has used every excuse in the book for her situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that you've hit the nail on the head, Wisteria. Sarah seems to be like a teenager: she's full of heart and will campaign for a cause, but she's also impulsive and lacks the ability to see the consequences of her actions. :sad:

Sarah seems very infantile, a kind of female Peter Pan.

Okay...this thread isn't about President Bush, the Iraq War or President Obama.

I appreciate the comparisons in regards to the negative press that Sarah has received but let's stop it here.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

I believe they are referring to Prince Albert of Monaco.

Yes we are.
If Charlene were to ever disappear, I think Sarah would be right in there. ;)

Agree! She's be there as fast as a greased pig.
That comparison to greased pig is just what Sarah has been getting. As far as this hypothesis that if Charlene were to ever leave Sarah would step in on the Prince of Monaco is one of the the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

That comparison to greased pig is just what Sarah has been getting. As far as this hypothesis that if Charlene were to ever leave Sarah would step in on the Prince of Monaco is one of the the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

I think if she could she would, to wind him round her little finger and to live in the lap of luxury in Monaco? :);)

I thought that we were sharing a joke not something to get angry about :ermm:

And I have to agree about Lumutqueen the little I know about Sarah F. allows me to think that she would not mind being the first dame of Monaco. Or is any sheik free? :D

And I have to agree about Lumutqueen the little I know about Sarah F. allows me to think that she would not mind being the first dame of Monaco. Or is any sheik free? :D

Oh Melibea. :D:ROFLMAO:
We were sharing a joke, but sometimes like I do, things are taken too seriously. :)

well, I finally watched the interview and I have to say that I was watching Sarah very closley. She looked more embarrased of the situation being shown over and over. Not once did she show remorse over her actions. All she did was make excuses of self hatred and other remarks that had nothing to do with selling out her ex husband. Sure people make major mistakes, some land in jail because of them. But she did not apologize to her family or the queen for the embarrasment that her actions have caused. She lookes totally lost and broken. Someone who does know which way to turn because she is very desperate. But it seems as if she is desperate in a way that she only wants her money problems to be fixed by someone. She is desperate for someone to dig her out of the hole she created. By dragging up the past in ragards to her $20k allowance, it seems to me as if she is "trying" to lay guilt on someone so that they say "poor sarah" let's increase your allowance and that will help you out. She is trying to create sympathy for herself when it is the RF and her immediate family that should have the sympathy for having to be tied to someone who obviously can not control herself or her actions. i don't know. This whole thing is very tiresome and boring. I just wish they would cut off ties with her, and for her to get on with her life and try to earn back some respect and trust. It's all pretty sad that she saw what was happening, but did nothing about it. And now that it's too late to do something about it, she sits there and makes nothing but excuses for her actions. She is a very sad and pathetic person in my eyes. And I used to like her. But dragging your family down with you is where I draw the line.
I agree with everything you said.
Royal family always had problem with Sarah. I am even surprised that her marriage with Andrew lasted so long.
And now, Sarah seems to have no regrets. :ohmy:
I am afraid that after this event Brits may even stronger support an idea that royal allowance should be limited to only immediate successors to the throne.

Lets cool it with the pig references. I am sure there are other ways to describe one's opinion of Sarah, whether it be good or bad.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

So, what's up with the next day? What is she doing now? Has anyone read anything?

Lets cool it with the pig references. I am sure there are other ways to describe one's opinion of Sarah, whether it be good or bad.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Thank you Zonk. the peoples here tend to become so agrressive.

I have not seen the interview with señora Winfrey. Is it at youtube?

When oh when are you going to take the comedy show on the road?

I agree with everything you said.
Royal family always had problem with Sarah. I am even surprised that her marriage with Andrew lasted so long.
And now, Sarah seems to have no regrets. :ohmy:
I am afraid that after this event Brits may even stronger support an idea that royal allowance should be limited to only immediate successors to the throne.

If by royal allowance you are referring to the Civil List they don't need to make any changes. Only the monarch and the spouse of the monarch are on the Civil List now (namely the Queen and Philip). None of the Queen's children get paid anything from the state as the Queen reimburses any moneys paid. In the past Anne and Andrew and some of the others were on the Civil List but since 1992 the Queen has been paying that money back to the government from her private sources.

Of course if they do official work for the government then their expenses are paid - just like the government pays for the official expenses of politicians.

Charles has a separate income from which he supports his wife and sons (although they are independently wealthy due to their inheritance from Diana's divorce settlement).

The Queen provides for the rest of the family from her private income from the Duchy of Lancaster estate.

Security is supplied at taxpayers' expense and there is a good argument that some of that could be cut back.

By immediate heirs I also wonder who you mean - children of the monarch - Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward or just the eldest son and his eldest son (it would be unfair to include Harry - a grandson - over Andrew and Edward her sons remembering that Harry is only the second son of Charles just as Andrew is the second son).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom