Sarah and Eugenie: Documentary on Turkish Orphanages - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if other senior royals dislike Sarah, I doubt that they would want her to be arrested and hauled off to a Turkish jail to make an example of her. If she could be arrested, whose to say down the road that some other royal could also be arrested for something they did in another country.

The government of Turkey is embarrassed by this film and needs to make an example of someone to discourage others from doing the same. If she'd done a film about Turkey which made the country look good, even if she didn't follow proper procedures, no one would be advocating or asking for her arrest.

Prince Andrew would most likely do everything in his power to protect her from arrest or criminal prosecution in Turkey. I think everyone would close ranks on this one.

But in 1986, Fergie hadn't yet received so much bad publicity.

It's long been rumored that many of the senior royals absolutely despise her, so would the Queen really approve of remarriage to Andrew?

As The Queen has already given her consent for a marriage between Andrew and Sarah it could be argued that they don't need to seek permission again.

Whether she would approve or not is not necessarily relevant if the only way to prevent the mother of her granddaughters was to be hauled off to jail was to bring her back into The Firm and thus under their control.

I really can't believe that anyone is seriously suggesting that any member of the RF would support the mother of two British princesses being imprisoned in Turkey.

Last edited:
I doubt that anyone on this forum or any member of the BRF wants to see Sarah dragged off to a Turkish jail. I also don't believe that anyone in the BRF, with the exception of two princesses, want to see Sarah back in the BRF again. There is always a lot of backroom politics and with the influence of HM and the power of the British government it's highly unlikely that Sarah would ever be extradited from the UK.

Virtually no U.K. citizen could be dragged off to a Turkish jail in any case - not once they were out of the country. Extradition procedures would be extensive, even if the person were poor, and the crime would have to be one that is internationally recognized as serious (murder, rape, running a drug cartel, etc).

It's already the case that the U.K. has a non-extradition policy where nations cannot extradite for crimes that are not crimes in the U.K. (most nations have this). It is not a crime in the U.K. to be a citizen-journalist (or film illegal activities - in fact, I believe it's quite all right to capture filmed evidence of a crime).

Sarah is safe from Turkish jail. So, once again, her strategy for risky P.R. gets her...publicity.

But seriously, I do think the woman's heart is in the right place. She doesn't want children to suffer, she wants her own children to know that it's good to risk to save others (and it is). She's just...Sarah. She can't help being Sarah.

Sarah is safe from Turkish jail. So, once again, her strategy for risky P.R. gets her...publicity.

I agree.

I don't think there's the slightest possibility that Sarah will end up in a Turkish jail. The whole thing is mere posturing, especially so long after the fact.

:previous:I join the club; some saber-rattling going on from the Turkish government, but I can't see Sarah doing prison time.

Last edited:
Sarah isn't the one who made the request to the British government for her to be handed over - that was the Turkish government.

The British government responded by saying they wouldn't do so.

How can these actions therefore be Sarah posturing?

She cancelled a trip to the US - because she was advised it wasn't safe until the matter was clearer.

I had interpreted Mirabel's statement to be that of the Turkish government posturing, not Sarah.

Yep, me too. Although when Sarah sees someone else strike a pose, and if the camera is now on her, she's perfectly capable of being a poser too.

Sorry folks but I read it as Sarah posturing for publicity combining both Princess Kaimi's post and Mirabel's agreement with Princess Kaimi's comment
So, once again, her strategy for risky P.R. gets her...publicity.
Mirabel agreed with this so to what was said initially by Princees Kaimi was that Sarah sought the publicity by the Turkish government that has come about and Mirabel agreed.

In 2008 - yes Sarah sought publicity for an appalling situation in Turkey.

Now it isn't Sarah seeking publicity at all.

Sarah is still fine with getting attention or she wouldn't be out and about getting her pictures taken. She could, if she wished, lay low. Every celeb can learn how to do it. Even Sarah.

Of course, my view is that she knew well before she went what the possible repercussions could/would be and that this is all just part of her general plan to put lots of irons in the fire (not that that's a bad thing) and hope that some of them heat up.

She had a press release today or yesterday about her new movie - so yes, she is still seeking publicity for herself (and her film projects) and as they say in Hollywood, any publicity is better than no publicity. She now has at least three film or TV projects behind her.

So she gets to have a two-pronged media approach this week (her new movie and her struggles with Turkey - which seem to be churning out quite a bit of press). She's far more visible this week than many other royals.

It will give her something to talk about on the chat show circuit if she ever goes back to America.

Sorry folks but I read it as Sarah posturing for publicity combining both Princess Kaimi's post and Mirabel's agreement with Princess Kaimi's comment Mirabel agreed with this so to what was said initially by Princees Kaimi was that Sarah sought the publicity by the Turkish government that has come about and Mirabel agreed.

Allow me to clarify: I agreed that there's no chance of Sarah going to jail. Also that the situation serves to give her what she craves- publicity.

But the posturing is, I believe, an empty gesture by the Turkish government.

Sorry if my post was confusing.

Last edited:
:previous: Unless the publicity is about the subject of the filming, I just don't see Sarah exposing Eugenie to negative press. You can say what you like about her on a personal level, but the one thing that has stayed the same is her love for her girls. That is not about to change now.

I know many of you have absolutely nothing kind to say of her but I think you can at least give her that much.

:previous: Unless the publicity is about the subject of the filming, I just don't see Sarah exposing Eugenie to negative press. You can say what you like about her on a personal level, but the one thing that has stayed the same is her love for her girls. That is not about to change now.

I know many of you have absolutely nothing kind to say of her but I think you can at least give her that much.

Okay, I'll take the heat on this: Sarah has exposed her daughters to negative press many times! (Her very presence at events guarantees that, but she doesn't seem to care a bit. Nor does she seem to mind that she is harming their chances to become working royals, even though she knows that is what Andrew wants for them).

Also, as someone here pointed out long ago, her devotion is of relatively recent date. When her daughters were children, she was not so affectionate. If I recall correctly, she was accused of being rather neglectful back then.

I'm with you, Mirabel! She may love her daughters, but that fact doesn't guarantee she will act with good sense where they are concerned, as her past behaviour has shown.

Sarah loves her daughters, but she can be manipulative and isn't above using them to her advantage.

Last edited:
Love is not just a word or an emotion, it is also an action. If the action isn 't there, then neither is the love. I'm not saying that Sarah doesn't love her daughters. You can decide yourselves by looking at her actions.

Their actions also speak volumes about the relationship - they clearly love their mother and children soon realise if they aren't loved in return and respond accordingly.

I have no doubt that she loves her children but I also have no doubt that she would use them to promote herself and her image whether in this documentary or in Finding Sarah and not even have it cross her mind that this might be inappropriate. I am not sure the girls could recognize that they were being used but instead might think it merely caring for /coming to the aid of mommy.

they clearly love their mother and children soon realise if they aren't loved in return and respond accordingly.

Unfortunately the children's response might be to long all life long for a loving mother, always hoping then being hurt.

Thank You Sarah for shedding light on this terrible situation.

I'm willing to bet that people attach less significance to it, because it is Sarah. A problem her attempt at investigative journalism has left for her is, any arguments made to justify this one can be made to justify the sting against her (and she wasn't the only one to get caught up in one anyway). The only problem I have is seeing her bring Princess Eugenie as an act of bad faith. It was one of the best things about the trip and I think they kept Eugenie from visiting the worst place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom