Princess Eugenie of York's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loved the symbols on the fabric and the bodice details particularly ...the rest is great too...the only thing I would change is the sleeve/cuff detail.

LaRae

Possibly my favorite BRF dress! Absolutely smashing. Eugenie was a breathtaking bride and picked a silhouette that flattered her lovely shape. I feel like it paid lovely homage to the Queen's dress too.

Meghan still is it for the over all "impact" but Eugenie's overall look is a close second or possible tie. Can't decide if I like the no veil look or not. I was truly blown away by Eugenie today.

HER MAKE UP <3 Stunning!

I feel the exact way...Meghan for overall "effect" wins it for me.... but I found fault with Meghan's wedding day hairstyle.

I found absolutely no fault with Eugenie today. She nailed it, one of my Top Three British Royal brides along with Princess Margaret, and Katharine Duchess of Kent.

I am totally in love with this wedding dress and i think it's the most beautiful in the recent years.

Beautiful dress! I love the look from the back. Absolutely gorgeous.

Quite a beautiful dess, especially the back...and very different from Meghan's and Kate"s (which I loved too !)

I agree with you. Although I wouldn't necessarily say that Meghan's dress didn't fit. I rather think it was a snooze fest and nothing special. Her veil was indeed the only "special" thing, although too long.

Eugenie today, a totally different story. I so like the pattern in her gown, that is just the kind of extra thing that can make a wedding gown special. But I also like her long sleeves and how she accentuated her surgery scar on her back. I actually admire that she did that, I know what she went through with that surgery.
Big win for her!

It's been a very, very, very long time since I saw such a beautiful bride and overall wedding ceremony.

There’s not “necessarily” Meghan dress did not fit her, from the size to the way it was cut and sewn- it was a poor job. My fashion industry (designers and seamstresses alike) friends are still horrified, they couldn’t believe it was a Givenchy made gown.

Eugenie gown was... breathtaking and fitted to a T. It was perfect!!
I still can’t make out the embroidery on the dress, flowers for sure- but which ones?
And I agree Eugenie made a gorgeous bride! Between the dress and the tiara which really made her eyes pop (does she have green eyes? Because they sure looked a shade of green! With those emeralds!) for sure in my top 5! Of royal brides.

Princess Eugenie's wedding gown is pure elegance with a capital E: Elegance!

Eugenie's dress is perfect. Discreet, elegant and real. The most beautiful of the last years for me at BRF. :flowers:

Posts discussing Eugenie's gown for the evening reception, have been moved to the Post-wedding events thread.

I loved it beautiful dress different without a veil but I hardly missed it the dress was so beautiful

Sheer and utter perfection; it's leaped into my no. 1 royal wedding dress of all time place. Eugenie looked magnificent; love the tiara. The only thing that would send me into raptures is if the bridesmaids had worn a green sash, and Beatrice and Louise something green to match,; and then it would all ratch up a notch higher if the green had been crimson and the tiara had been rubies... then I could have died and gone to heaven :lol:

i love the fact she had no veil. I hate veils... though i did like the detail on Meghan's.

Without a doubt my favourite Royal wedding dress. I thought Engine looked beautiful, didn't miss the veil at all, I'm not a fan of them either.

I guess I’m the odd one out. I liked the gown from a distance—it’s a great shape for her—and I loved the detail about choosing to show her scar. But the detailing looked very dated and unflattering to my eye. The fold on the bustle was simply ugly to me. The way the fabric folded, layered, whatever it was on the shoulders...I would have liked it in the early 90s, when my friends and I wore prom dresses with similar construction, but in this day and age it looks a little...cheesy. Not elegant. The idea of the pattern woven into the fabric was a nice one, but I n execution it looked a little more like upholstery than dress fabric.

I’ve really liked Eugenie’s style in the last year or so, so I was surprised to not like her gown, but I didn’t. And I flat out despised her reception monstrosity of fabric as breastplate.

Hopefully she’ll be back in better form the next time we see her. She deserved something better for her big day, something pretty.

ETA: I adore the tiara, though. Gorgeous, and emeralds are a great fit for Eugenie.

Last edited:
I think every bride looks beautiful some just more than others. Eugenie was really beautiful I don’t think I have ever liked anything she has worn before but she was a stunning bride

Now that I have had time to really look at the details of Eugenie"s gown I am not crazy about the fold of fabric on the shoulders either. I would like it better if it was off the shoulder but without the fabric folding.

Other than that...the silhouette, color, fit, rear view and train...tiara and hair....PERFECTION.

Her evening gown had great potential. The color was exquisite, the fabric ethereal. But the weird fit around the waist area and the REALLY unfortunate fit and view of her chest in the photograph did not win me over.:sad:

I had surgery at 3 weeks old to close a patent ductus arteriosus (I was born 14 weeks prematurely) and the scar is now about 4 inches long horizontally just below my left shoulder blade, so I’ve decided if I get married I want a low cut gown (even though I’m not very good with backless or strapless) with a hem and train like Jinger Duggar’s and a veil like Princess Madeleines, of course with a tiara!

Princess Eugeie looked gorgeous.
I loved the dress from the back best of all. The fabric was lovely and the neckline distinctive and suited her well. Eugenie's flowers and attentants added to her look.
To use an artwork for the sash colour was clever and beautiful.
The tiara was dramatic where, for Meghan, the veil was the perfect drama..

Both weddings had wonderful floral arrangemants. I preferred the music at Meghan and Harry's wedding but that is just personal taste. I liked the simplicity of Meghan's gown and bouquet slightly more too though Eugenie's flowergirls looked best.

The whole look for Eugenie's wedding came together. Sarah and Mrs Brooksbank wore colours that looked great near the floral sashes. Beatrice glorious blue was great but could have been improved, I think. A longer dress with a more simple v neck and a floral headpiece might have been less distracting. Louise looked great. I wished I saw her co-ordinated outfit more.
I loved the colours the royal family chose to wear. I hope we see more official photos.

BTW Eugenie's gown surprisingly received very very positive response (most of the media here was quite harsh to them I would say). So far I don't see any negative articles, they can't even find something to nitpick her :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:

BTW Eugenie's gown surprisingly received very very positive response (most of the media here was quite harsh to them I would say). So far I don't see any negative articles, they can't even find something to nitpick her :lol:.

True, I am still surprised by the majority of positive reactions about her dress. At the least it's 90%, IMO a unique occurrance.

She blew me away and that says a lot with my critical eye.

And Eugenie was a lovely bride. Her dress suited her and wasn’t just trendy. I hope her wedding was everything she’d hoped for.

And I bet that she is perfectly fine with that.

But this has nothing to do with her wedding dress. She had the best I have seen in many years.

I agree. I like Eugenie, but her fashion sense is iffy sometimes, so I wasn't sure what we were going to get with her wedding dress. But I was blown away...I'd say it's one of my favourite European royal wedding dresses of all-time (maybe after Princess Grace and tied with Crown Princess Victoria :) )

Back
Top Bottom