Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for her. Perhaps the "olders" are reconsidering their need for the two pretty princesses.

Perhaps the Palace is testing the waters?

Now, that's unexpected.
Am I the only one who feels the Palace is sending mixed signals concerning the future of the York Princesses as working royals or private individuals?

Don't think it's the palace, it's the press. The stories about Charles scalling down the family, Beatrice being refused to join "the firm" or not allowed to participate in the Jubilee events all came from unnamed sources in the press.

This isn't a surprise at all. She has a connection to that hospital and they are going to be naming a new section after her. Being the patron can be done without her having to do any official duties. All she has to do is attend a couple of dinners or fundraising events during the year.

I think it's great that she has taken on that specific patronage, she's mentioned before that she'd like to use her experience with scoliosis in the future, so it doesn't quite surprise me.

Eugenie can use her name and fame to bring more awareness to the condition and that is definitely a good thing. I actually wish she would talk more about it and her surgery. As for her weight loss, I hope she doesn't lose her curves.

As she is still a full-time student there is plenty of time for her to talk about this issue.

She is not supposed to be a full-time royal and she is a minor royal at that so she isn't all that famous. I mean how many people, outside of forums like this, would even know who she is? Sadly outside of William and Harry most people don't know the younger royals at all.

I'm not calling out for her to drop out of school and be a full time working royal, I am just agreeing that what she is doing is a good thing and any attention she can bring to a good cause is a positive, even if it isn't as much as William or Harry.

its, good news that eugenienstar to work for ''the firm''

It good to hear princess Eugenie doing this, based on how she did maybe she' ll be doing more.

This is not evidence that she is going to work for 'The Firm'. It is simply one patronage that she could have and also still work in a real job full-time. Being a patron has some work involved but as it is a local hospital in the UK it wouldn't be all that taxing - a couple of dinners and a fete and some meetings occasionally. She is committing herself to maybe six functions a year and a name on a letterhead. If this was an international or national organisation the commitment would be greater of course.

Don't get me wrong - I think this is wonderful for Eugenie - but don't let's get carried away and think this means that she will be working on the gravy train rather than actually having to work for a living.

Princess Eugenie launches £15m charity bid for world-class hospital that saved her from crippling spinal condition
Princess Eugenie has paid tribute to the surgeons at a world-class hospital who saved her from a crippling condition while pledging to help them raise £15million. The young royal, 22, who is embarking on her new role as patron of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, spoke movingly about a successful operation to treat her scoliosis at the hospital when she was 12.Speaking at the launched the RNOH Redevelopment Appeal, she said: ‘I am living proof that the hospital can and does transform lives. Without the care I received at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital I wouldn’t look the way I do now; my back would be hunched over.’

The Daily Mail has it a bit wrong. Prince Andrew is Patron of the hospital, Eugenie is Patron of the Redevelopment Appeal.

Now, that's unexpected.
Am I the only one who feels the Palace is sending mixed signals concerning the future of the York Princesses as working royals or private individuals?

As her father is patron of the hospital, and since she was treated by the hospital, it seems a good fit for her to be patron of this fund raising effort. Certainly wiser to have her already leading a fund raising effort for a charity (not involving her mother's causes) prior to university graduation, and hopefully some work experience in place early on, rather than the flailing about we've seen with Beatrice. I don't know whether the wedding distracted BP, or there was an internal difference of opinion w/in the firm about Beatrice's role, or Sarah's antics caused plans to change, or Beatrice herself was a bit confused, but whatever it was, Beatrice's year following college transition to adulthood was a disaster, pr wise, IMO. Let's hope Eugenie's transition is smoother.

Remember that the unemployment rate in the UK is over 8% and for people in Beatrice and Eugenie's age range about 20% so it isn't a surprise that Beatrice has taken so long to publicly appear to be doing some work experience (not a job but unpaid work for a period of time).

Thanks. Very interesting. I just realis how much she looks like her mum.

Interesting, I didn't know Eugenie had scoliosis. She looks like her mother, Andrew and the Queen Mother. She sounds like her mother.

Last edited:
Indeed Great Video , That’s Really Wonderfull From Her , and Of Course She Will Patron it Very Well , Thank you for Posting Eugenie .

A really good video, it's just absolutely wonderful to see Eugenie supporting this cause that she knows so well from personal experience, also I definitely agree about her resemblance to the Queen Mother, it's uncanny. A thing that also really struck me in the video was how much Princess Beatrice is resembling her father.

A really good video, it's just absolutely wonderful to see Eugenie supporting this cause that she knows so well from personal experience, also I definitely agree about her resemblance to the Queen Mother, it's uncanny. A thing that also really struck me in the video was how much Princess Beatrice is resembling her father.

Yes, I think Princess Beatrice looks like Prince Andrew, too. I used to think Eugenie looked like the Queen Mother, but now that Princess Eugenie is older, I see a resemblance to Sarah in the bone structure and smile. I never noticed before that Eugenie looks like her mother.

princess eugenie shall certainly make an excellent patron to the organization, Im actually proud of her and when she was being interviewed in the video I can see her mother's facial features.

What a wonderful patronage for Eugenie to undertake. I can't think of anyone more appropriate. BTW, she looks gorgeous in the video. Yes, she does have the same coloring as the Queen Mother :)

Interesting, I didn't know Eugenie had scoliosis. She looks like her mother, Andrew and the Queen Mother. She sounds like her mother.

Totally agree on the voice but her face is definitely from her father's side.

Eugenie helps to raise £1m for hospital that cured her
First Princess Beatrice ran the London Marathon – now her sister Eugenie is getting on her bike to raise money for the hospital that helped cure her of a disfiguring back condition when she was 12. She will cycle 62 miles around London in the Nightrider challenge in June to help raise £1 million for the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.

Totally agree on the voice but her face is definitely from her father's side.
I see eugenie very much like her mother, but she hae the coluor of eyes and the hair and the colour of skin like andrew. buther face look exatly like sarah

I don't think so I think Eugenie is way prettier then Sarah ever was and Beatrice. She looks like Andrew and the Queen Mum. Beatrice looks more like Sarah, she has the eyes and mouth and hair.

I'm not sure if this has been posted already. ?

On 9th June 2012, Princess Eugenie is participating in the Nightrider, a unique 100 km bike ride through London.

She is doing this in support of two charities which are important to her.

- The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Appeal (“RNOH”).

- The MCC Foundation in support of the Rwanda Cricket Stadium Foundation.

As part of her fund-raising she has set up a "Just Giving" page for each charity.

Anyone can contribute. !!

I see that Sarah has started her off nicely with £500 for each charity.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...draiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=EugenieYork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom