Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-22-2017, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Princes Eugenie's godmother faces probe over 'whip attack' | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-24-2017, 02:19 AM
Administrator

Princess Eugenie was out in London yesterday evening, February 23:

** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Furry stylish! Princess Eugenie stays warm in a fur-lined parka..**

Old 03-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Princess Eugenie was out with Cressida Bonas yesterday, February 28:

** dailymail: Girls' night out! Princess Eugenie shares an embrace with Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas after enjoying dinner together in Mayfair **
Old 03-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Majesty

Princess Eugenie helps boost Children & the Arts charity auction at Christie's - Country Life
Old 03-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Eugenie visited a domestic violence shelter of the organisation Safe Horizon in New York on Thursday March 9.

Quote:
Safe Horizon‏Verified account @SafeHorizon Mar 10
Honored to have a real princess, HRH Princess Eugenie of York, tour one of our #domesticviolence shelters & take the #PutTheNailinIt vow!����
https://twitter.com/SafeHorizon/stat...89289958137860

Quote:
Ariel Zwang‏ @ArielZwang 7h7 hours ago
Honored to host Princess Eugenie at a @safehorizon shelter yesterday. Thank you, @AntoniaRomeoUK, British Consul General, for connecting us!
https://twitter.com/ArielZwang/statu...49649491529729

Quote:
Antonia Romeo‏Verified account @AntoniaRomeoUK Mar 10
Humbling afternoon @safehorizon hearing inspirational Voices of Hope, f/ survivors of violence & human trafficking, w/ HRH Princess Eugenie
https://twitter.com/AntoniaRomeoUK/s...45624963452928
Old 03-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Majesty

As Princess Eugenie celebrates her 27th Birthday today, here a look at the best pictures

Princess Eugenie in pictures: Prince Andrew’s daughter pictured | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 04-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Majesty

"We are delighted to announce that Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York is now Royal Patron of the European School of Osteopathy."

https://www.eso.ac.uk/royal-patron-announced/
Old 04-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Majesty

Nice to see Princess Eugenie take on this patronage.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

It's very nice, but since they announced her as Royal Patron, does this mean she is an official patron (representling the monarchy)?

Or is it a private patronage?

Not sure about how these things work!
Old 04-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Eugenie is a royal. What ever she does is going to represent the family good or bad. It's a shame her and Beatricecdint get more recognition for their work. By the media and their family. It would cost nothing to include them in the cc.

Okay rant aside good news. Definitely a perfect patronage for her. She has been involved in visits and similar work for years
Old 04-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Eugenie is a royal. What ever she does is going to represent the family good or bad. It's a shame her and Beatricecdint get more recognition for their work. By the media and their family. It would cost nothing to include them in the cc.
Remember the balcony a few years back? Charles has a very specific view of what the RF is supposed to look like going forward, this is why the York girls don't get anywhere near the same credit as the Cambridges. During the special Olympics Eugenie and Kate both gave out medals at the exact same event and only Kate got credit for it. Add to this the Cambridge's low counts when it comes to their duties and you don't want to prop up the York girls. They wouldn't reach triple digits but it'd look bad if they can do even half of what the Cambridge's are doing.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"We are delighted to announce that Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York is now Royal Patron of the European School of Osteopathy."

https://www.eso.ac.uk/royal-patron-announced/
Sounds like the perfect task for her. She has her own experience with backbone problems, so she should have a natural empathy for people with similar diseases. A good patron for an institute that teaches someone to find creative solutions.

I never tried osteopathy myself, but I heard a lot about.

And of course, congratulations! Sorry, I'm late.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Okay rant aside good news. Definitely a perfect patronage for her. She has been involved in visits and similar work for years
Exactly its not going to cost more to put the activities in the CC and if the Queen and her advisors want less press coverage about the Yorks it might actually help to show people they are doing these things. I also don't why Beatrice cant get the full package since there is no one in the position of Duchess of York so she could get money and perks that I presume is set in place for the wife of the Duke.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

That's not what I meant.
I meant, does this mean she is a working Royal like Anne or Sophie?

Or is this something she is doing entirely on her own, apart from the Queen and the rest of the BRF, more like the patronages Beatrice takes on?

Is Eugenie's status now more like Beatrice, or more like Anne?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's not what I meant.
I meant, does this mean she is a working Royal like Anne or Sophie?

Or is this something she is doing entirely on her own, apart from the Queen and the rest of the BRF, more like the patronages Beatrice takes on?

Is Eugenie's status now more like Beatrice, or more like Anne?
Beatrice. Eugenie is a royal and she is their patron. But she isn't their royal patron, she's not representing HM.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

They announced her as their 'Royal Patron' which means that is exactly what she is.

The Queen would have approved that position for her, just as she has for Beatrice but she isn't allowing their work for their patronages to be recognised in the CC.

That means that any expenses the girls have to do with their patronages is paid for by HM personally rather than using the Sovereign Grant to cover those expenses.

Neither of these girls are going to be working royals like Anne or Kate. That isn't what Charles or William want in the future. The idea of cousins working for the Firm are in the past - siblings yes but not the children of the siblings.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Nobility

I know all about the 'streamlining' Charles is supposed to want, but it does seem unfair for the York princesses. There's just been a lovely picture of Princess Alexandra released for her 80th birthday, jewels a-gleaming. But Alexandra is the grandchild of a long-dead Monarch, and the York princesses granddaughters of a current Monarch. I have my doubts that Eugenie cares too much, but Beatrice IMO would like to be part of the Royal family's engagements. Just look how much care she took to look the part on Maundy Thursday in York years ago. Alexandra and the three granddaughters in law (Katharine, Birgitte and Marie Christine) have jewels aplenty and have always looked the part; B&E barely have the odd set of earrings and a string bracelet.

Just MO.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

We don't know what jewels the York girls have as we have never seen them at a formal royal function. They may have a heap of them but just no where to wear them.

The days of 4000+ engagements per year I think are drifting away.

I do think Beatrice would do a lovely job as a royal worker but ... her track record of sticking to a job for very long is poor so it is possible that she wouldn't do very much even on the 'royal payroll'.

Cutting back the number of working royals has the added bonus of cutting back the expenses of the royal workers and thus increasing the amount in the Soveriegn Grant for the maintenance of the royal palaces.

Interestingly this year has been very quiet for either of the girls regarding unofficial duties - Beatrice normally averages around 3 a month of the type of engagement that would be in the CC for say Kate but she has 1 for the year that I have been able to record and Eugenie much the same.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
They announced her as their 'Royal Patron' which means that is exactly what she is.

The Queen would have approved that position for her, just as she has for Beatrice but she isn't allowing their work for their patronages to be recognised in the CC.

That means that any expenses the girls have to do with their patronages is paid for by HM personally rather than using the Sovereign Grant to cover those expenses.

Neither of these girls are going to be working royals like Anne or Kate. That isn't what Charles or William want in the future. The idea of cousins working for the Firm are in the past - siblings yes but not the children of the siblings.
I'm not sure she really is their "Royal Patron". I think they may have ignorantly mislabeled her thinking, "She's a royal so she's our royal patron!". Kind of like how charities bragged about being linked to "Princess Diana", even though Diana was never "Princess Diana". So "Royal Patron" might actually be "our Patron, Princess Eugenie of York".

I also doubt they're HM dependent on the funding. If so, they'll be dropping these patronages once Charles becomes King as I don't see him spending his private money on the Yorks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I know all about the 'streamlining' Charles is supposed to want, but it does seem unfair for the York princesses. There's just been a lovely picture of Princess Alexandra released for her 80th birthday, jewels a-gleaming. But Alexandra is the grandchild of a long-dead Monarch, and the York princesses granddaughters of a current Monarch. I have my doubts that Eugenie cares too much, but Beatrice IMO would like to be part of the Royal family's engagements. Just look how much care she took to look the part on Maundy Thursday in York years ago. Alexandra and the three granddaughters in law (Katharine, Birgitte and Marie Christine) have jewels aplenty and have always looked the part; B&E barely have the odd set of earrings and a string bracelet.

Just MO.
Does Beatrice even have pierced ears? I thought I read once that she didn't.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Eugenie wins a promotion - despite all those holidays: Princess is made a director of London art gallery where she works

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE on Princess Eugenie's promotion | Daily Mail Online

Tags
princess eugenie