The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank spotted following engagement rumours

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

It may end up being true, but the tabs are pushing this. As pointed out, the trip coincided with a hunting party for Harry's birthday. There is no reason to think they were there gif any other reason. Jack was not the only guest at balmoral for the party. Ever since Sarah was said to be meeting with the queen they have been pushing this engagement

Nor do I ever think she would marry, as iluvbertie suggested, without telling her grandparents beforehand. Nor having them there. Even if she doesn't like royal duties as you suggest, she could have a private wedding like Zara. She is obviously very close to her grandparents, and I don't see her not inviting them. And Philip and Sarah are adults enough to be civil and not ruin the day for Eugenie wh they both love.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, October 5, Princess Eugenie attended the Frieze Art Fair 2016 - VIP Private View in London:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Where's your ring, Eugenie? Princess of York mingles with the creative crowd at the Frieze Art Fair in London..**
Old 10-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Courtier

Interesting event for Eugenie.
Princess Eugenie joins Theresa May to commemorate abolitionist William Wilberforce | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

What an important engagement for Euegine today. She and her sister is on a roll with duties and roles for 2016.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Not surprising, last month Beatrice and Eugenie were hit hard with headlines that they were descended from slave owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...genie-beatrice

Most royals are proud that they can trace their lineage back centuries. But princesses Beatrice and Eugenie may be reluctant to delve too far into their past. New analysis reveals that Prince Andrew’s daughters are the direct descendants of a major slave-owning family.

The link comes through their maternal grandmother, Susan Barrantes, née Wright, Sarah Ferguson’s mother, who is descended from Sir Henry Fitzherbert, a fabulously wealthy aristocrat who in the 18th century owned sugar plantations and more than 1,000 slaves in Jamaica and Barbados.

This is PR 101, take bad press and try to change the narrative.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Not surprising, last month Beatrice and Eugenie were hit hard with headlines that they were descended from slave owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...genie-beatrice

Most royals are proud that they can trace their lineage back centuries. But princesses Beatrice and Eugenie may be reluctant to delve too far into their past. New analysis reveals that Prince Andrew’s daughters are the direct descendants of a major slave-owning family.

The link comes through their maternal grandmother, Susan Barrantes, née Wright, Sarah Ferguson’s mother, who is descended from Sir Henry Fitzherbert, a fabulously wealthy aristocrat who in the 18th century owned sugar plantations and more than 1,000 slaves in Jamaica and Barbados.

This is PR 101, take bad press and try to change the narrative.
Frankly this is an unnecessary comment. Many families have "skeletons" in their cupboard.

However, sensible people do not visit the sins of g,g,g,g,grandparents on the descendents.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Frankly this is an unnecessary comment. Many families have "skeletons" in their cupboard.

However, sensible people do not visit the sins of g,g,g,g,grandparents on the descendents.
Unnecessary? Okay...

I did not blame them for Fitzherbert's behavior. I don't blame them for their parents behavior, either.

I'm just saying this is standard PR. They were likely embarrassed by all the headlines last month and this is their non-verbal way of commenting on that story.

Clearly, you believe the slavery headlines quickly countered by the abolitionist headlines was just a really bizarre coincidence. I disagree.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Unnecessary? Okay...

I did not blame them for Fitzherbert's behavior. I don't blame them for their parents behavior, either.

I'm just saying this is standard PR. They were likely embarrassed by all the headlines last month and this is their non-verbal way of commenting on that story.

Clearly, you believe the slavery headlines quickly countered by the abolitionist headlines was just a really bizarre coincidence. I disagree.
I certainly dont believe that the BRF knee jerk react to a scumbag publication like the Daily Mail. I'd even be surprised if they read it.

if they did that, they would never get on with anything. They are chockful of ancesters that did bad stuff. They live and respond to events today.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I certainly dont believe that the BRF knee jerk react to a scumbag publication like the Daily Mail. I'd even be surprised if they read it.

if they did that, they would never get on with anything. They are chockful of ancesters that did bad stuff. They live and respond to events today.
I agree that the Daily Mail is a scumbag publication. I don't click on it. That's why I provided the slavery excerpt from a Guardian article. If you are conservative-leaning person, Cepe, you might dislike the Guardian, but they are a legitimate newspaper.

Also, the royals respond all the time to things their ancestors did, both good and bad. So I disagree with you there. And if they only live and respond to the events of today, why would Eugenie be celebrating Mr. Wilberforce who died in 1833?

Every famous person engages in PR. It's not a good or bad thing. It is what it is. But it appears to be a sensitive topic for you and I'm sorry I made you feel uneasy.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Eugenie and Beatrice really can never win. They are either the party girls who do nothing or they are simply showing up for Pr. Beatrice is only in Nepal for press and now Eugenie is only doing this event because she is ashamed of her ancestors

Does it occur to people that attendance at such events are planned months in advance? Before the article came out? That perhaps Eugenie is simply interested in bring involved in such an important event?

Eugenie and her sister have both really stepped up their charity work. Eugenie has done a wonderful job balancing her full time job, her patronages, supporting her grandmother and her personal life. I have no doubt she will continue.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:07 AM
Courtier

Eugenie has been working in a field that seems to suit her for several years now. I find it interesting that she was pictured at Balmoral this year reportedly with her bf rather than on a visit with her family as in the past.
And of course the rumored move to KP is very interesting.
I suspect Eugenie's attendance at this event was planned well before the negative headlines about the slave owning ancestor came out. I find it interesting because of the venue and the fact that she sat next to the PM, to me it's more like a traditional Royal event than showing up at this or that party for charity is. She's also been named as attending the BP event for the Paralympics along w/ the Queen, Phillip, William, Catherine, Harry, her father and the Princess Royal.
Adding it all together - the move to KP (if true,) the solo visit to Balmoral and the more traditional Royal type events suggests to me that Eugenie may at some point be eased into some work for the firm if she's interested in doing so. She seems to be thriving.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:31 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Eugenie and Beatrice really can never win. They are either the party girls who do nothing or they are simply showing up for Pr. Beatrice is only in Nepal for press and now Eugenie is only doing this event because she is ashamed of her ancestors

Does it occur to people that attendance at such events are planned months in advance? Before the article came out? That perhaps Eugenie is simply interested in bring involved in such an important event?

Eugenie and her sister have both really stepped up their charity work. Eugenie has done a wonderful job balancing her full time job, her patronages, supporting her grandmother and her personal life. I have no doubt she will continue.
The case could also be made that as the events are planned months in advance that it gives the publications and their writers plenty of time to gleefully dig up some dirt to counteract the purpose of a certain royal being at the event is supposed to highlight? To me, that would make more sense than to put detrimental meaning into the royal being there.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Eugenie releases an emotional video for the Salvation Army against modern slavery | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Aristocracy

i know this is random and just a whim, but I truly believe that by the end of the year something big, I don't know if that means new patronage, wedding announcement, more engagements feel like we are getting more than usual from her and r=even Beatrice.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
In the worlds of the royals, anything can happen. I think one reason that we are seeing more and more of both Beatrice and Eugenie working with their own charities and patronages is actually due to their ages and becoming more mature and realizing what is important to them in their lives.

Young adults in their 20s often go through trial and error periods with just about ever aspect of their lives and then comes the time where they find just what is the perfect fit for them. Its human nature.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's a bit like " show us what you can do " after all the talk about Charles cutting back the working royals.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-25-2016, 11:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie shows off her hourglass figure in a skintight silver dress in London | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-26-2016, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Eugenie's on the way to dressing like a sophisticated adult, but unfortunately she seems to have inherited her mother's habit of wearing dresses that are a size too small for her. At least she seems to have finally found a decent hair stylist. Baby steps.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Some additional pics of the "Conservation Couture: The Animal Ball Collection Exhibition At The V&A - Opening Night" can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery **

Tags
princess eugenie