The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

It is also possible that Bea is moving on. I know I have shed the odd boyfriend only to realize life was much better without him. It's odd what you can get used to/settle for.
In any case I wish her happiness and refuse to muddle over how much she must be suffering. All of it, including my comment above is speculation. JMO.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Princes Eugenie is getting married!!!!

https://twitter.com/srigley/status/777248526430593024

Old 09-17-2016, 06:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Something is up with those two.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Bet you the story is that Eugenie and Jack have been visiting the Queen at Balmoral, and so its being spun as them going to ask the Queen for permission to marry. Obviously overlooking the fact when the Express tried to claim its last exclusive that they were going to marry within the year Eugenie was with the Queen so surely they wouldn't now go and ask permission and not just do it back then if they were planning to marry? The Express is becoming like a dog with a bone over this
Old 09-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-

Also ignoring the fact that Eugenie doesn't have to ask the Queen for permission anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

She don't have to ask The Queen for permission, but that don't change the fact that she would want to talk about it with her family folks.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

When the family announces it I'll believe it!

LaRae
Old 09-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

If that's the plan, then I would make sure my family is part of it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-17-2016, 08:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Given her grandfather's known antipathy to her mother she may be there to tell them that she has already married and so there won't be any awkwardness at a wedding of Philip and Sarah being seen as being relatively close to each other.

I can see Eugenie doing that - not Beatrice so much - but Eugenie doesn't seem to enjoy the 'royal' stuff all that much - does it when required but really prefers to live away from the limelight.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The details...

Quote:
THE NERVOUSNESS of nearly newlyweds is etched on the faces of Princess Eugenie and her boyfriend Jack Brooksbank as they land in Scotland seeking the Queen’s blessing for their forthcoming engagement.

Smiling cautiously and dressed smartly, the lovestruck couple landed last week to spend the weekend with Her Majesty at Balmoral Castle.

As our world exclusive pictures show, the Duke and Duchess of York’s 26-year-old daughter is introducing the nightclub manager to her beloved “Granny” in the relaxed atmosphere of the 90-year-old monarch’s Highlands retreat, where Prince Harry is hosting a shooting party to celebrate his 32nd birthday.

To add to the excitement of the occasion, Theresa May is also among the guests as the Prime Minister makes her first visit to the Queen’s holiday home in Royal Deeside this weekend. Last month, the Sunday Express revealed that Eugenie and Jack plan to get engaged within months and marry next year before moving into Ivy Cottage at Kensington Palace.
Read more: May we marry Ma'am: The Queen welcomes Eugenie's boyfriend Jack Brooksbank | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 09-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Bet you the story is that Eugenie and Jack have been visiting the Queen at Balmoral, and so its being spun as them going to ask the Queen for permission to marry. Obviously overlooking the fact when the Express tried to claim its last exclusive that they were going to marry within the year Eugenie was with the Queen so surely they wouldn't now go and ask permission and not just do it back then if they were planning to marry? The Express is becoming like a dog with a bone over this
As others have said, Eugenie is now only 8th in line to the throne and, under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, only the first six persons in the line of succession require the Queen's consent declared in the Privy Council and signified under the Great Seal of the United Kingdom to get married without losing their succession rights.

Nothing prevents Eugenie though from asking the Queen's consent as a grandmother on a personal capacity. Note that the "consent in council" referred above is actually the government's consent more so than the Queen's, as the "Queen in council" is bound by ministerial advice.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All delicious rumors aside, what are the chances that Eugenie and Jack were at Balmoral to help celebrate Harry's 32nd birthday weekend?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Very likely, I should say, as well as catching up with Eugenie's beloved grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and whoever else is visiting. It must be wonderful to have so much accommodation available for the extended family.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
As others have said, Eugenie is now only 8th in line to the throne and, under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, only the first six persons in the line of succession require the Queen's consent declared in the Privy Council and signified under the Great Seal of the United Kingdom to get married without losing their succession rights.

Nothing prevents Eugenie though from asking the Queen's consent as a grandmother on a personal capacity. Note that the "consent in council" referred above is actually the government's consent really more so than the Queen's, as the "Queen in council" is bound by ministerial advice.
She would never announce a marriage without speaking to her grandmother, secondly would he be a guest at Balmoral unless the marriage is on the cards. Although he might be a guest at the other estate owned by Charles and not actually going to Balmoral.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:26 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think they've relaxed on having friends and romantic partners come and stay at the Balmoral estate these days. Its only strictly family for Christmas.

BTW: Charles does not own any property on the estate. He has use of Birkhall, the Queen Mother's former residence but it all still belongs to the Queen as her personal property. Charles will inherit it when he becomes King.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-18-2016, 06:36 AM
Serene Highness

I think its much more likely they are there for Harry's birthday. Jack may not even see the Queen if they are staying elsewhere on the Estate, say at Birkhall. Eugenie may go over and see granny but Jack may not go with her. I can't imagine Harry and his guests all being put up in the Castle if the Prime Minister is also there. IMO more likely Harry and his party is going on elsewhere but he and Eugenie can visit the Castle to see the Queen and Philip and any other family there.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think they've relaxed on having friends and romantic partners come and stay at the Balmoral estate these days. Its only strictly family for Christmas.

BTW: Charles does not own any property on the estate. He has use of Birkhall, the Queen Mother's former residence but it all still belongs to the Queen as her personal property. Charles will inherit it when he becomes King.
I stand corrected but the point I was making is that although they are going to Balmoral they are possibly not staying with the Queen, which does make a difference.

I also disagree with being more relaxed with regards partners etc, yes they do invite partners/ boyfriends / girlfriends to the various estates for weekends etc but they only stay with the queen when the relationship is on a more formal footing.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

You guys do know that Eugeine's boyfriend has been around the Queen and family for a while now. He's been to Royal Ascot and in the Royal box as well. Just recently he attended the Flower Show with the family.

I think a relationship with the Queen develops once one is married into the family. She has always allowed the family to do their own thing and find their own way. Although, it appears that it's required for couples to date for a nice period of time before marrying. That has happened.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Having a beau stay at Balmoral is not meaningless. But it does not mean that this was the weekend where these two crazy kids asked for Grandmother's advise. I'm happy for them, whatever the hidden secrets be.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Princess Eugenie and boyfriend Jack attended the Serpentine party at Albert's Club in South Kensington yesterday, October 4:

** dailymail: Something to celebrate Eugenie? Princess is out and about with her man..**

Tags
princess eugenie