The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2016, 12:52 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
After reading through all the different reasons that could explain Eugenie's move to Ivy Cottage, I think the best and most rational one was the one that MichelleQ2 put forth. They're shaking things up and moving things around in SJP to accommodate a move of offices and various personnel from Buckingham Palace which is due to have renovations done.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
I don't really follow this family much, but maybe she needs the extra room for the Duchess of York? I remember reading that she lives in another country now, so maybe this could be her London base. I know that she is very close to her daughters and maybe she can help with the wedding preparations. Who knows?

Sarah says Eugenie isn't getting married

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Sarah says Eugenie isn't getting married

Eugenie and Jack may not marry for a few years, but I expect they'll get engaged by the end of the year.
I don't see why she'd make the move unless that is likely to happen.

I don't buy that more office space is need at SJP; Beatrice will still need the flat, so what purpose would it serve to move Eugenie out?
Old 08-18-2016, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Eugenie and Jack may not marry for a few years, but I expect they'll get engaged by the end of the year.
I don't see why she'd make the move unless that is likely to happen.

I don't buy that more office space is need at SJP; Beatrice will still need the flat, so what purpose would it serve to move Eugenie out?
Some are trying to figure it out, and a royal reporter seems to already know. The mystery of life!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2016, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Eugenie’s moving in to Kensington PalaceÂ*with William, Harry and Kate | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-20-2016, 04:55 AM
Aristocracy

That illustrated guide to KP has some differences from previous ones:

1) Apartment 1 is usually shown as extending further along the long portion, up to the clock court entrance, and shown not including the terrace
2) Apartment 1A is shown as somehow extending across the clock court to include a small building on the north side of the court. That seems odd.
3) Apartment 8/9 is shown as taking up 2/3 of the block that every other illustration shows it taking, with Apartment 10 moved from the next court over into that 1/3

Compare the illustration in the DM story with the colour-coded illustration halfway down the post here: The Devoted Classicist: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Kensington Palace
Old 08-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm tending to guess that the cross court 1A rooms are staff accommodations?
Old 08-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

Re the discussion about why Eugenie is moving to KP and not SJP could it be as simple as there being no room at SJP? Even the royals probably can't just kick someone out for themseleves to take an apartment over, well the Cambrisge's did but they are more senior, maybe its as simple as it was the next free place to come up. Or maybe Eugenie is close to Harry and wants to his neighbour or maybe its better or her to be in a cottage that can feel like her own house rather than an apartment.

Personally I think KP is more deseriable for lots of reasons.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

If she's getting married, it all make sense though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The Department for Culture, Media and Sport is accountable to Parliament for the occupied royal palaces, including KP, but it's the Royal Household that has day-to-day responsibility.

Simply put, it's the Queen who has provided this for Eugenie, just like she provides for the Cambridges, Gloucesters, Kents and other members of her family.

If the Queen didn't want her to have it, she wouldn't be moving in.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

If the Queen didn't want her to have it, she wouldn't be moving in.

True, but the question is, why now? Eugenie has been in her current job for some time now, and she suddenly wants her own place, after she has shared with Beatrice for years?

That's why it would make sense if the move is in anticipation of an engagement.

(Though it's possible she just wants to be on her own, I suppose).
Old 08-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
True, but the question is, why now? Eugenie has been in her current job for some time now, and she suddenly wants her own place, after she has shared with Beatrice for years?

That's why it would make sense if the move is in anticipation of an engagement.

(Though it's possible she just wants to be on her own, I suppose).
I would think that enough is enough with the sharing at their age. Nice that they want complete privacy and a completely separate part of their lives. IMO it is extremely healthy reaction. Why now? Why not. For all we know it has been in the works for quite some time. It will certainly be a nice safe environment with enough family members floating around if she feels the need to be with them. I personally think it is a great idea
Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, she has been in her job for a year, but her sister has been in NY. And when Bea was in London, Eugenie was in NY for 2 years. The last 3 years they have only had to share short stints. When the American one was home for events. But during holidays they would be at Sandringham or Balmoral, and often Royal lodge.

Now with her break from both Dave and work, Bea is likely headed home full time. And now the attick apartment has to house 2 full time. The lease on ivy was likely up and good solution.

Its natural.No matter how close, at that age sisters need space. How they decided which sister got to move?? Perhaps Eugenie with a job and stable boyfriend made more sense. Or Bea is happy where they were.

DM now reporting its a pact to marry in 2 years.

Princess Eugenie's boyfriend's parents found out about wedding on the news | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-21-2016, 12:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

The media have been talking about "pacts" since the rumors swirled around William and Catherine dating days.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-21-2016, 12:44 AM
Royal Highness

A pact !! how romantic !!!

Old 08-22-2016, 03:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
A pact !! how romantic !!!

Hahahahaha!
Old 08-22-2016, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes, she has been in her job for a year, but her sister has been in NY. And when Bea was in London, Eugenie was in NY for 2 years. The last 3 years they have only had to share short stints. When the American one was home for events. But during holidays they would be at Sandringham or Balmoral, and often Royal lodge.

Now with her break from both Dave and work, Bea is likely headed home full time. And now the attick apartment has to house 2 full time. The lease on ivy was likely up and good solution.

Its natural.No matter how close, at that age sisters need space. How they decided which sister got to move?? Perhaps Eugenie with a job and stable boyfriend made more sense. Or Bea is happy where they were.

DM now reporting its a pact to marry in 2 years.

Princess Eugenie's boyfriend's parents found out about wedding on the news | Daily Mail Online

One thought that occurred to me is that Harry seems to often date from within Eugenie's circle of friends and Harry and Eugenie seem close- maybe they liked the idea of being neighbors.

(And as a side note- a future girlfriend of Harry's might be able to evade the press for longer if she is seen to be visiting KP as a friend of Eugenie's instead of an overnight visitor for Harry)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

She is probably not pointing that out when asking Granny for permission to move into KP😉

Old 08-22-2016, 08:07 AM
Serene Highness

Possibly Using his cousin to host his booty calls? Interesting set up
Old 08-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

If it is true that Eugenie and Jack have such a pact, it must be harder for Beatrice.
One sister is probably very happy while the other is miserable.

Living together under such circumstances might be difficult for both.

Tags
princess eugenie