The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2016, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

I realize I'm a bit late to the story here. But I was reading a DailyMail article and noticed these interesting comments from someone ...
mimiUSA, Nice, France, about 21 hours ago
Without risking being accused of making things up sometimes we can figure out things for ourselves, can't we? Her mum was spotted in a taxi going to BP a few weeks ago and people had assumed she had been summoned. HM must have had a word and told her:" Enough of these long relationships, get them married." So Beatrice gave Dave an ultimatum which backfired and Jack said yes to next year or 2018. 2017 is for Pippa and we certainly do not want to show we are competing, we are royals after all. So now Eugenie will take over this three bedroom cottage in a few months after it is refurbished and she will be engaged by year end. Beatrice will keep her four bedroom flat while she looks for someone new. Eugenie will pay market rent with money from her father wo will get it from his mother. And they live happily ever after. Not the end.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the girls remaining in the palace makes sense security wise. They are the highest profile without FT protection. Easy targets. And rent is being paid.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
I realize I'm a bit late to the story here. But I was reading a DailyMail article and noticed these interesting comments from someone ...
Without risking being accused of making things up sometimes we can figure out things for ourselves, can't we? Her mum was spotted in a taxi going to BP a few weeks ago and people had assumed she had been summoned. HM must have had a word and told her:" Enough of these long relationships, get them married." So Beatrice gave Dave an ultimatum which backfired and Jack said yes to next year or 2018. 2017 is for Pippa and we certainly do not want to show we are competing, we are royals after all. So now Eugenie will take over this three bedroom cottage in a few months after it is refurbished and she will be engaged by year end. Beatrice will keep her four bedroom flat while she looks for someone new. Eugenie will pay market rent with money from her father wo will get it from his mother. And they live happily ever after. Not the end.

The Queen giving the York girls an ultimatum doesn't make sense. William was never given one and his relationship was way more high profile and greater importance to the monarchy than Bea and Eugenie's. Andrew has rooms in BP. Sarah could have just been seeing him with regards to the BP taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Queen giving the York girls an ultimatum doesn't make sense. William was never given one and his relationship was way more high profile and greater importance to the monarchy than Bea and Eugenie's. Andrew has rooms in BP. Sarah could have just been seeing him with regards to the BP taxi.

Maybe, but everything seems to be indicating some sort of shake-up.
Eugenie's photo shoot, Beatrice's break-up, Eugenie moving to KP...
if there's no connection, then it's quite a coincidence.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
For me, this is an fantasy supposition that was created and fostered in somebody's head without any real substance to it. It is taking 2+2 and coming up with 42 (which by the way is the answer to life, the universe and everything).

The "shakeup" that makes sense to me is that the York girls are getting settled into their adult lives. Maybe get married, maybe not. Moving into a new residence of one's own is pointing to independence more than anything else.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

How interesting. I post on another forum occasionally and another, very sensible-sounding poster there has cousins who work at BP, and at Sandringham when required. Occasionally she lets drop a few crumbs of things she hears that have been buzzing around the households, and she wrote much the same thing.

Not exactly an ultimatum from HM but a wish to see her granddaughters settled in one way or another before long. She wrote last year that there was unrest among some royals in the family (not Sarah, though) about the boyfriends of the York princesses, that Beatrice had twice asked in the last few months of 2015 as to what Dave's intentions for their future were and had received unsatisfactory replies. There was also some anxiety about Jack really wanting to settle down for good with Eugenie as well.

Of course, I can't guarantee that what she says is accurate, (could be a bald faced liar, I don't know) though she does seem to know a good deal about the internal workings/domestic arrangements at Royal homes and has corrected some very bizarre perceptions by some posters about how the BRF live, so I'm just putting it out there.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:42 PM
Serene Highness

I do have trouble believing that Sarah going to Buckingham Palace was connected to the Queen giving some ultimatum for Beatrice and Eugenie to marry. It doesn't seem like the Queen to take such a strong position about her granddaughters' private lives that she'd have to call in a meeting with the parents, especially when it doesn't seem that Beatrice and Eugenie were even there.

Also, Sarah's trip to Buckingham Palace happened on July 13, and around Aug. 6, the papers were reporting that Beatrice and Dave had been broken up for a month (not only 2 or 3 weeks, as would have happened if Sarah's visit had been the occasion for the Queen giving some kind of ultimatum).

I can believe that the Queen wants her grandchildren to be settled, but the rest seems like a lot of rumour and speculation.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Also say if the Queen did issue an ultimatum, why would she do it via Sarah and not just talk to Bea and Eugenie themselves. They are both grown ups. The Queen talked about skyping with Zara when she was in Australia. The Queen can do it with the York sisters too.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I think the girls remaining in the palace makes sense security wise. They are the highest profile without FT protection. Easy targets. And rent is being paid.
They have full time protection. It is paid privately.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:04 AM
Royal Highness

I know I will be run off the thread by the usual posters for saying this.
Why is she getting a very nice home freshly done up? Harry is living in a very small and basic cottage as Will and Kate did earlier but she gets something better and it's not like she's having a family she's not getting married we are told so no babies I think. The York family always seem to fall on their feet.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Why is she getting a very nice home freshly done up? Harry is living in a very small and basic cottage as Will and Kate did earlier but she gets something better and it's not like she's having a family she's not getting married we are told so no babies I think. The York family always seem to fall on their feet.

When I first read the Ivy Cottage rumour I tried to find out about it w/ no luck. So then I stared at birds eye views of KP trying to figure out which of the smallish buildings next to Harry's Nott Cott could be Ivy cottage, which ever of those buildings it is none appear to be very large. I think Nott Cott is 2 bedrooms and Ivy is 3, but I expect Harry is ok w/ where he is at present and should he marry larger quarters will be found for him and maybe he prefers to stay put rather than hassle w/ moving one cottage over to gain a bedroom he doesn't need at present.
Perhaps whomever was living in Ivy cottage moved out and it became available and Eugenie wanted her own place.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Well, we don't know if it's true yet. But if it is, it will likely be a longterm home for Eugenie. Maybe for decades even. Where Harry will likely upgrade to something much grander in the next 5-10 years. Probably Apartment 1A, if Charles moves to BP and The Cambridges move to CH. If Charles stays at CH, like he rumored to prefer, then Harry might be waiting for the Wren House to become available, trying not to be morbid here.

Anyway, I doubt this Ivy Cottage will be ready in the near future. According to this, Ministry Of Public Buildings & Works, Ivy Cottage, Kensington Palace, Palace Green, LONDON, W8Ā*4PZ - Address Postcode Finder - the cottage is/was being used by the Ministry of Public Buildings & Works. So it will probably take a lot of time and money to turn it from office space to residential rooms. Then it will need to be decorated too. A long process.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-

It would depend on what had to be done with Ivy Cottage. If they have to do similar to what was done with Apt 1a- removing the asbestos, rewiring, repairing the roof - it will take some time. It will be quicker if it's just a interior make over.

By the way, it has been stated by KP that the Cambridges intend to stay at Apt 1a after Charles is King. So they are probably not going to Clarence House.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It would depend on what had to be done with Ivy Cottage. If they have to do similar to what was done with Apt 1a- removing the asbestos, rewiring, repairing the roof - it will take some time. It will be quicker if it's just a interior make over.

By the way, it has been stated by KP that the Cambridges intend to stay at Apt 1a after Charles is King. So they are probably not going to Clarence House.

Can you link me to that official statement from KP? It must have flown over my head.

The only thing I remember is that the Cambridges were planning on staying there a long time. By the time HM passes, they could have been living there for up to 20 years, aka 'a long time'.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Heir Apparent

20 years? They moved in 2013. I unfortunately doubt HM will live to 108.
No official announcement just 'royal sources'

Prince William and Kate Middleton to stay in Kensington Palace until Will becomes King | Royal | News | Daily Express

Quote:
A senior royal aide said: "Kensington Palace will be the Duke and Duchess's home for many years to come, including when he becomes Prince of Wales.
"I don't think we know for sure what will happen to Clarence House but I think we've always said Buckingham Palace will remain the monarch's residence."
Old 08-17-2016, 03:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
20 years? They moved in 2013. I unfortunately doubt HM will live to 108.
No official announcement just 'royal sources'

Prince William and Kate Middleton to stay in Kensington Palace until Will becomes King | Royal | News | Daily Express
That's why I said 'up to', I figured that is the absolute oldest she could possibly live. And after QEQM and Princess Alice of Gloucester, I start to think of centenarians being the rule rather than the exception.

As for the latter part, that's what I thought. That it had only been 'inside sources' and suppositions. I doubt the KP press office would be so stupid as to make definitive declarations for something happening so far off in the future. They seem uncomfortable committing themselves to things a year off, let alone to something 10+ years in the future. They wisely keep it vague.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Can you link me to that official statement from KP? It must have flown over my head.

The only thing I remember is that the Cambridges were planning on staying there a long time. By the time HM passes, they could have been living there for up to 20 years, aka 'a long time'.
Yes, KP is the Cambridge's permanent official residence.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-17-2016, 03:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, KP is the Cambridge's permanent official residence.
Fascinating. A King living at KP. George I and George II would be proud.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Let's get back on the topic of Princess Beatrice's current events - we can discuss Kensington Palace/the Cambridges live in the relevant threads.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Harry is living in a very small and basic cottage as Will and Kate did earlier but she gets something better and it's not like she's having a family she's not getting married we are told so no babies I think. The York family always seem to fall on their feet.
I don't really follow this family much, but maybe she needs the extra room for the Duchess of York? I remember reading that she lives in another country now, so maybe this could be her London base. I know that she is very close to her daughters and maybe she can help with the wedding preparations. Who knows?

Tags
princess eugenie